Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Re: Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 pm UTC

I dreamed my likeness was portrayed in a Japanese RPG as a digitized consciousness found on an ancient computer, I guess as a dual reference to Analog: A Hate Story.

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm UTC

I was at a huge event - concert or fair or something. Lots of tents. It was mid morning and I was looking for breakfast. Went in this one tent, got some food and was going to check out. The cashier was turned away from me and someone said 'Data'. I realized he was Brent Spiner.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 pm UTC

I dreamed I was arrested for trespassing on my college campus after I sat in on a class and filled out a teacher evaluation form, which they used as evidence against me.

New User

Postby New User » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:43 pm UTC

I dreamed that Kanye West came to town, and many people wanted to be his friend, but just because he was rich and famous and would provide his friends with lavish gifts. He had invested in a beer and liquor store that sold my favorite beer, called "Sandcastle" or some other name with the word sand in it. Kanye had given me a yellow paper which indicated that I could buy beer at a special price (although I don't recall actually meeting him in person) and I asked the saleswoman to give me the discount price on several cases of the "Sandcastle" beer. She said they were sold out, and recommended another beer that she told me would be the next big thing. I protested, saying that nobody should be able to predict what would be the next most popular beer unless it was pushed by marketing, and such a marketing ploy makes me want to not buy it. I also told her I was very specific about which beer I want, and that I wanted a "dark" and "porter" beer. She confessed that she didn't know enough about beer to help me, but my yellow paper indicated that I was favored by Kanye West so she offered to take me into a back room so I could sample the beer and choose one I like. As I entered a square hole in the floor with a spiral stairway, another woman was jealous because she that I was getting special treatment. Instead of sampling beer, though, I had to wait while the saleswoman started up a computer in a room with an elaborate media display. Several monitors and network devices were connected through a mess of cables, and it looked rather disorganized and inefficient. She said that the room's arrangement was hastily constructed for the purpose of giving an indication of how Kanye West wanted his media display room to be organized, so it was so messy because it wasn't finished. We had to wait a while for her computer to boot so I woke shortly after.

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm UTC

I dreamed my head was wrapped tightly in two layers of thick, colorful shrink wrap. There was a 3 mm hole in each layer, aligned to allow gasses to escape. I was warned that, if these became plugged, there would be an explosion...not sure if it was the plastic or my head that would explode.
In all fairness...

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 pm UTC

I dreamed someone presented to me some creature that was a combination of a boob and an ear on a plate, and called it a "miracle". I don't remember the name of this bizarre creature unfortunately, even though I did when I first woke up I didn't write it down so I forgot.

emceng

Postby emceng » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:12 pm UTC

I was with my mom and sister someplace. We were cleaning, and found some old stuff of mine. There was old food in there, I think a loaf of bread. It expired in 2005. My mom and sister made me promise to throw it away, but I decided I'd eat it later.

I was in a video games, and was the main character. Don't remember much, but was fighting giant lizards or dinosaurs. Then was piloting a helicopter shooting bad guys, throw the windows of a building. Then flew the helicopter through the window and starting shooting bad guys while flying around inside.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:12 pm UTC

Among a series of short scenes, one I remember was a guarded fork in the road, except instead of the classic two guards, one liar and one truthful, there was only one guard.
And he was explaining that "both these paths are perfectly safe with no traps" and that he "definitely didn't stab the truth telling guy and hide the body" and I should totally believe him and not ask questions. :shock:

I didn't believe him.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:18 pm UTC

Had a dream soldiers were fighting a forest. Since fiat money is paper and printing it causes inflation, they decided trees were the enemy and declared war against them. They were emptying countless rounds into them at close range, occasionally getting killed by a falling tree. Of course, once the trees fell, what were they doing? Turning them into paper to print money with, "to offset the costs of the war"

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 am UTC

I was snooping where I didn't belong and found my way into a service/utility room. It contained a couple of parked compact cars and a large service elevator.

The elevator was misbehaving: it would drop about three feet below floor level and then pump up to level again. Being a meddler, I decided to see if I could fix it by sending it to first floor and then bringing it up again.

So when it came level, I reached inside the cage and punched 1. The elevator went down. Then I called it back to fourth. It was still misbehaving, so I decided to do the same thing again.

That time, after I punched 1, the elevator started down and then, without warning, crashed out through the glass wall behind it and fell into the parking lot outside.

I slunk out of the room, hoping no one could discover I had been there and caused the crash. I went down to first floor and found an excuse to go into an office with a view into the parking lot. I pretended to notice all the excitement outside and we all went out to the parking lot.

The elevator was all stretched out across the lot with yellow foam cylinders extending from the cage to the bottom of the failed shaft. Most of the people were focusing on the large size tan SUV that I had vaguely noticed in the cage before it fell. They were trying to rescue the woman inside the SUV, who had survived the fall.

[Ultra horrifying.]
In all fairness...

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 am UTC

I was snooping where I didn't belong and found my way into a service/utility room. It contained a couple of parked compact cars and a large service elevator.

The elevator was misbehaving: it would drop about three feet below floor level and then pump up to level again. Being a meddler, I decided to see if I could fix it by sending it to first floor and then bringing it up again.

So when it came level, I reached inside the cage and punched 1. The elevator went down. Then I called it back to fourth. It was still misbehaving, so I decided to do the same thing again.

That time, after I punched 1, the elevator started down and then, without warning, crashed out through the glass wall behind it and fell into the parking lot outside.

I slunk out of the room, hoping no one could discover I had been there and caused the crash. I went down to first floor and found an excuse to go into an office with a view into the parking lot. I pretended to notice all the excitement outside and we all went out to the parking lot.

The elevator was all stretched out across the lot with yellow foam cylinders extending from the cage to the bottom of the failed shaft. Most of the people were focusing on the large size tan SUV that I had vaguely noticed in the cage before it fell. They were trying to rescue the woman inside the SUV, who had survived the fall.

[Ultra horrifying.]
In all fairness...

New User

Postby New User » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 am UTC

I dreamed that the Leonid meteor shower was actually causing meteorites to impact my neighborhood, very close to my home. At first I heard the noise and thought it was bombs, but I looked out a window and saw the meteorites impacting the ground. I told my mother that we should go to the basement for safety. The basement was unused and there were many spiderwebs. She was fascinated by a large spiderweb, but I was more concerned with the meteorites. The creator of the large spiderweb was, unrealistically, an albino tarantula, which eventually took interest in me and started to chase me around the room.

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:28 am UTC

Last night, amongst all the other interesting things, I dreamt I was hanging out with the actor who played Lando Calimari. Not Lando Calrissian or a Mon Calimari, but the 'famous' character of Lando Calimari. Who is neither black, nor a fish. We didn't make a big fuss about it, because we were long-term friends.

This was a while ago, of course. My friend hasn't aged badly, or anything, but he's gone down the route of semi-designer facial hair, somewhat like Robert Downey Jr has had at times. He's also not an imposing person in real life (the silver screen put height and impact on his original scrawny frame, and he's transitioned into a pocket-powerpack of wiriness, probably due to a sensible gym routine, maybe like a sharper version of Tom Cruise). So when, at some point, it sorta got let slip to someone that, "Hey, this is the guy who played Mon Calimari" (not in a "Do you know who this is?" punt to capitalise on celebrity, just a slip) there was some incredulity. You could see them trying to bring the film(s?) to mind, and work out if that guy in them could be this guy here.

(Among the other things in that dream, some other guy I've just met picks up a sign, or maybe a cardboard food box, displaying a logo that features an A, laying flat and sideways to the viewer, and has drawn an 'extrusion' to it to extend its dimensions. It turns out he's not drawn on the surface of this whateveritis, but he's projecting his additional artwork onto from a chest-mounted emitter/projector of some sort, but that's just the medium, and not cheating. I'm intruigued about his efforts, but I wonder aloud whether he might have gotten a better new result by having a counter-rotated A in extrusion (like creating an octahedron by multi-connecting the vertices of two opposing triangles, rather than merely a triangular prism when they're the dame way round). He thinks it would have been a good idea, but then it was in my dream, so I can't really tell if I was right to feel pleased at that.)

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 am UTC

I was walking through my neighborhood and saw four people sitting around a table talking. I introduced myself, and discovered that they were recording a podcast so I became an impromptu guest. They invited me to play paintball with them and I agreed, but I left to go back home and change clothes.

Then other less coherent dream things happened and I eventually remembered that I was supposed to play paintball. I listened to the episode of their podcast and it was about how some weird guy showed up and wanted to play with them but apparently bailed.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 am UTC

Entered a store. May have sold furniture. Charged you for the amount of time spent in the store. Kept friendly cats there. Evidently wanted the cats to lie on you (and maybe fall asleep). Banked on detaining you as long as possible. Built an underground puzzle maze too, just in case.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:18 pm UTC

I dreamed I figured out how to do a backflip and promptly did a lot of backflips.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:07 pm UTC

I was quite miffed about having to waste half my weekend to drive up to the cottage and drop off a Guess Who game (X-Com themed).
I couldn't decide if things had gotten worse or not when I woke up to find it was Wednesday and I had to go to work.

Coyne

Postby Coyne » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:03 am UTC

I worked for a company digging a huge open-pit salt mine. Different sections of the pit were different colors like red, pink, and different shades of off-white and ivory. Snooped around some of the big machines. I was near an edge, looking into the pit, which looked hundreds of feet deep and a mile across.

I collected two cylindrical core samples that were about 2.5 inches in diameter and 9 inches long, one light pink and one slate gray. The ends were rough and irregular, but the outside was polished glossy with raised large lettering, I don't remember what it read. I then collected two more cylinders about the same length and colors but 0.5 inches in diameter and rough-surfaced, not polished.

I was sneaking them out because I wasn't supposed to have them, but if I didn't get them then, they would be buried. One of the pits was mined out and I overheard to two engineers arguing if it should be filled in properly or not. That pit was where I got the cylinders.

I dreamed thinking the winning backfill approach would be cheap and sloppy.
In all fairness...

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:32 pm UTC

Something about aliens terraforming a moon and it being discernible by observations of energy use, a lunatic pointing this out scientifically and then killing herself by jumping to her death.

Sizik

Postby Sizik » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:26 pm UTC

I was looking for houses, and found a street where the high-income residents had platforms built on the sides of the house along the roof for snowblowers. The platforms were attached to the slanted edges of the roof, so that someone could push the snowblower across the roof and remove the snow from it. The platforms were made of metal and painted red, and wealthier residents had more of them, so that one wouldn't have to push the snowblowers up and down the roof, only across. The snowblowers were stored on the platforms when not in use, and just sat there for most of the year. This is something I had never seem before, so I spent much of the rest of the dream trying to use Google image search/street view to find pictures of them, to little success.
gmalivuk wrote:
King Author wrote:If space (rather, distance) is an illusion, it'd be possible for one meta-me to experience both body's sensory inputs.
Yes. And if wishes were horses, wishing wells would fill up very quickly with drowned horses.

New User

Postby New User » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:40 pm UTC

I wanted to trade in my car and buy a new one, so I just gave to the keys to a friend (who was kind of like James Franco) to do it for me. I told him not to get the same model of car, but to just get another car like it. Later, I saw the new car he decided to buy, and it was nothing like the 4-door car I expected. It was very small, only large enough for one person. There was no steering wheel. It was steered by moving a panel on the dashboard. There was a pedal on each side of the floor, and I couldn't figure out a reliable way to brake the car. Even when I was trying to park and the engine was off, it would still roll, which was a problem since my first driving experience with this vehicle was on a short pier. I figured it was small and light enough that I could just roll it to a safe place, and when I tried, I found that it was in fact designed to be folded up and carried. I carried it with me, since I was expected at a wedding.

Return to “General”