The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

heuristically_alone

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 am UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
I thought for sure that I had said at some point that Bessie was more likely scum than Vicarin. I literally don't remember in the Fridge game why I asked about that "unlikely scenario" as LaserGuy put it. I feel like it was just an idea that I had, but I guess being scum maybe I knew somehow. I literally cant think of another scum other than wam. Really my next bet is Bessie, but I really like the two cops theory. And I am inclined to think that mafia have safe claims. I tracked mpolo and he didnt use any actions. (I got moody's ability).I thought if he were scum he would be most likely to use tge kill. At this point he is the only other player that could be scum though
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:13 pm UTC

Wot3

Spoiler:
think it's all too little too late but oh well. Not played this well. Think Vic will be on the chopping block tomorrow as well.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 pm UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
The advantage of being scum is that you immediately know if the lynch was advantegous for you. WELL I DON'T. wam could be truly scum and I might be way off with BoomFrog. I hate this role.

Sabrar's IRL: planned to be here for deadline but my partner insisted that I watch some episodes of TBBT with her and by the time I processed everything that's been said jimbob has just called the night.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:27 pm UTC

Wot3

Spoiler:
go sabrar! Although he's going to be so annoyed when I flip scum. At least he may survive to the end and we win. Does he get the kill if were both dead?

Also traitor hadn't occurred to me. Bought the bulletproof claim as much as anyone else.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3 @wam:
Spoiler:
Yes, Sabrar will inherit the kill if both you and your buddy are dead. He doesn't know this though...!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:41 pm UTC

WoT3

Spoiler:
Well, I suppose being sent on a fundraising tour is better than house arrest. Already did the "lynch = imprisoned" thing way back with the BSG mafia game (which funny enough I was also lynched D1 in). Let's just say that being Apollo in a cell next to the Borellian Nomen was...awkward; actually it was based on the new BSG so that didn't happen.

And thanks to jimbob for clearing what looks to be an increasingly likely scenario re Sabrar.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3:
Spoiler:
If I ever do a secondary win condition game again, remind me never to do one involving word counts again... It took me the best part of 40 minutes to verify that Mark failed today...! On the plus side, at least it means I don't have to keep doing it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:37 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Wheel of Time 3:
Spoiler:
If I ever do a secondary win condition game again, remind me never to do one involving word counts again... It took me the best part of 40 minutes to verify that Mark failed today...! On the plus side, at least it means I don't have to keep doing it.

WoT3

Spoiler:
Damn, that sounds brutal. Did quotes count towards the word count? I'm positive if it was anything over 200 there would be no way in Hell I could have done that.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Wheel of Time 3
Spoiler:
How did you do it? Manually?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:15 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3 @Deva & moody:
Spoiler:
Quotes didn't count, but basically everything else did (except for the "Spoiler" part of any spoiler tags).

I copied the text of each post, minus quotes, into a separate Word document for each player, and used Word's word count to give the score. Mark beat Madge on D1, but he posted very little on D2, so much so that some players had posted more by half way through D1 than Mark did in his entire first two days, so I was able to stop early with some players.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 am UTC

Wheel of Time 3

Spoiler:
Hahaha I suck. It seems the harder I try to get lynched, the less likely it will happen (see WoT2, Newbie New Year).

Hmm, Deva’s involved with something. Is it a modding question, or something about game mechanics, or the way the game went down? Or is it all about me me me?

wam, if this is about the secondary win condition, that wasn’t why I came down so hard on you at the end of day. I decided before you claimed your secondary win con. It was because of this post.

bessie wrote:
wam wrote:Point 4. On meta I can't read Bessie, but I like to think I can read Vic. This has been town Vic by meta in my opinion.
Please compare Vicarin in this game to Vicarin’s scum meta and explain how they are different. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vicarin hasn’t had a scum game yet, so he doesn’t have a scum meta.

Newbie New Year – Town
Stellaris – Town
Darkest Dungeon – Town
The Seven Deadly Zens – unknown, since this is an ongoing game and can’t be discussed
Alien Warfare – Town
Meta Mafia - Town

I pushed wam for a reply twice, and he deliberately avoided answering. So I made sure Sabrar knew what I was going for when I made this post.

Vicarin’s betrayed the partnership, because he should have been all over this, and he should have voted wam here. But Vicarin didn't switch his vote, didn’t mention the oddness of wam comparing this game to his town meta, and he wasn’t even suspicious of wam (and it was unlike him not to make a defensive vote so that means he didn’t have an option). And I'm sure Vicarin caught me pointing it out because he's all over everything I post. If Sabrar doesn’t attack Vicarin for it tomorrow, Sabrar has something to hide. And LaserGuy will get them both because LaserGuy’s already figured it out.

Even though I’m having a difficult time seeing a three person scum team, I feel like heury’s vote for wam was a bus. It feels like heury had to choose between his partners, because if he didn’t vote wam, the lynch was going to be Vicarin. I also think this hints that wam is the role cop and Vicarin is the roleblocker, or at least that Vicarin is the more important role. They put in too much effort today to save him.

Hahaha watch wam flip town then I’ll look even denser than I usually do. Kill me now.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:44 am UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
I would hope that Vicarin and his buddy tried to leave me clues and hints about the identity of the second scum (unless they misunderstood the info received from the mod and they thought I already knew but that's unlikely). The problem is (and this has been established in multiple games) that I suck at finding breadcrumbs. You need to make it obvious guys if you want to tell me something!

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:36 pm UTC

Spoiler:

WoT3
Spoiler:
I told you that I don't like it!
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 pm UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
Did wam flame me yet for killing my unknown buddy? :lol:

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 am UTC

Wheel of Time 3

Spoiler:
Sabrar, is that post all about me me me? Have I got it all wrong, and will you kill me tonight? Have you figured it out? The reason my content is so different? Why my bessie-townie-meta failed to protect me? I mean, ffs, I just realized I’ve been giving Madge a meta pass for her scummy behavior FOR TWO FRICKIN DAYS already. Do I ever give scummy Madge a meta pass?

Ok, gotta go through the motions and pick a night target. I have a pool of five.

I also need to pick a target for my secondary win condition. I’m deliberately picking someone who I have the least information about, so that if I am alive D3 it won’t affect my game.

wam wrote:
bessie wrote:
wam wrote:Point 2. Bessie claim came across hesitant and a bit like she wasn't 100% behind what she was claiming where as Vic came across cockier.
Point to the post to which you are referring, and explain how in said post I am not being a cocky, overconfident jerk.

Fist off I don't think you are every a cocky overconfident jerk!
Gosh darn it wam but I was trying so hard.

Man if I didn’t have town result on BoomFrog I would have been totally on him all day.

I don't know why I'm still analyzing the thread, I'm just setting myself up to be disappointed. Or pissed if scum doesn't think I'm valuable enough to night kill.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:12 am UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
Re-read wam, his content is not consistent with jailer. :(
Let's hope he was Lyncher as primary win-con...

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 am UTC

Wheel of Time 3

Spoiler:
Ok, now I know I'm being trolled. :wink:

I'm sorry Sabrar, I rolled a d10 and I won't be helping you with your secondary win con.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 am UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
I need to read scum-chat so badly... Did they try to recruit me or kill me??

wam

Postby wam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 am UTC

Wot3

Spoiler:
mainly posting to feed Bessie paranoia. And no not flamed sabrar for getting me lycnhed! You were stuck in a hard spot.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:21 pm UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
My final prediction is that wam is scum and they killed me because I had both of them in my bottom 3. :(

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:02 pm UTC

WoT3

Spoiler:
I am a town jailer. Jailed LaserGuy N1, Sabrar N2.
Image <-- Evil experiment

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 pm UTC

Wot3
Spoiler:
I wondered if I was going to be the night kill. I thought it was a high chance, oh well. Also just realized that a cop result on me gives non-town. Missed that before, which I think hurts the sane cop/insane cop theory. And now the mafia claiming to be cop could potentially say they targetted me and got a non cop result. Hmmm might be an obvious scum move. Oh well, cant wait to read spoilers when i get home tonight!
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 am UTC

Wheel of Time 3:
Spoiler:
Well, that's an interesting claim from Vicarin. 100% truthful too. Except that he knows there is another scum player out there who will still be around if he dies. But he's not technically part of the faction.

Hmmm... I realise that I slightly mis-phrased the scum win condition, since I'd always intended for Sabrar counting as part of the scum faction for the purposes of wam and Vicarin winning, since he's technically part of their faction.

Scum aren't in a good situation. Town now have two doctors able to protect bessie, and no longer have their strongman to deal with them. So if town realise this, they can essentially follow the cop to victory. The only plus point for Vicarin and Sabrar there is that if the two mediators (well, one absorber and one mediator) want to use their abilities, they can't vote...
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:53 am UTC

Wheel of Time 3

Spoiler:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:26 am UTC

Redacted
Last edited by heuristically_alone on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:51 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 am UTC

Wot3 - bessie can read. Not game related
Spoiler:
bessie wrote:The Seven Deadly Zens – unknown, since this is an ongoing game and can’t be discussed

Zen updated the game to say "Postponed Infinitely Indefinitely". No way that the game is going to finish unless Zen gives all the info to someone to take over as mod.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am UTC

Wot3

Spoiler:
wonder if boom will remember I pulled this exact play in avenger mafia. Didn't go well..

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 am UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
Not sure what Vicarin is trying to achieve, I don't have a kill so if he gets lynched I have now way of making progress (unless of course there is cult but that shouldn't matter from his pov).

Late edit: if Vicarin decided to give up he should have followed YOLOSWAG's footsteps in Shakespeare III and not try to influence the game and give town any additional info. He's clearly doing this to distance himself from me but I fear it will backfire.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 pm UTC

Wot3
Spoiler:
I'm surprised that Sabrar hasnt asked if he will be given the bight kill if Vicarin dies. Unless jimbob no-commented him. I feel like town is going tk win this regardless. Bessie will probably cop Sabrar tonight. She's already suspicious enough of him.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:53 pm UTC

WoT3

Spoiler:
"Who has the ter’angreal?"--bessie

If I was still alive, you'd know cause I could tell you. Not that it really matters since it's only part of my secondary win condition that was active while I was alive and doesn't do anything beyond that, at least as far as I know.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:35 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:WoT3

Spoiler:
"Who has the ter’angreal?"--bessie

If I was still alive, you'd know cause I could tell you. Not that it really matters since it's only part of my secondary win condition that was active while I was alive and doesn't do anything beyond that, at least as far as I know.
Wheel of Time 3:
Spoiler:
It doesn't affect anybody, except it is a targeted action, so can still be watched, tracked, roleblocked and redirected. Mark already has suspicions based on people passing around the item, for example.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:52 pm UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
I suppose given the many possibilities within the Traitor role I could inherit the kill if Vicarin is lynched and it would be the most epic comeback if I managed to pull it off. Seems extremely unlikely though.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3:
Spoiler:
Sabrar will inherit the NK. But not until the day following the death of the last other scum. I could see town getting super-paranoid about a cult if they lynched Vicarin today and saw no kill tonight. Or each other's investigation results will throw shade all over the place, while Sabrar sits quietly twiddling his thumbs.

For the record, I was never going to have a cult in this game, what with the double-cult WoT2. I decided against Black Ajah as being the scum team, because it was too obvious. Instead, after throwing up the sole Yellow Ajah as scum, I decided to make it Romanda and buddy versus loyalists. Or pretend loyalists, as the case may be (3 players are actually Black Ajah in the game, mpolo, heuristically_alone and Sabrar). And no Lelaine faction. I like to subvert expectations in my games. I hope people like it.

Another thing - I always write flavour for every player at night, even if they have no night results etc to work with.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:16 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3 @heury

Spoiler:
heuristically_alone wrote:
bessie wrote:The Seven Deadly Zens – unknown, since this is an ongoing game and can’t be discussed

Zen updated the game to say "Postponed Infinitely Indefinitely". No way that the game is going to finish unless Zen gives all the info to someone to take over as mod.
It says postponed, not canceled.

I believe that Zen will return some day, or perhaps it is more accurate to say I hope he will. Until then, this game is on hold and can’t be discussed. If we talk about it and reveal the setup, Zen will have no reason to ever come back.

heuristically_alone, please do not take this hope away from me, no matter how unlikely you believe it to be.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:26 am UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
This game can't be won without some huge gambles.
If I don't inherit the kill or even if I do but not receive any other abilities (hoping for Strongman) then I have no chance at all against 3 rb-s, a Watcher and a Cop. They already suspect me because I can't be confirmed.

Late edit: good, LaserGuy is doing the work instead of me :D

And another: bessie continues to be the god of setup-spec. :P

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 am UTC

Wheel of Time 3

Spoiler:
Roleplaying update, on Sunday I managed to make four posts in a row! I doubt that before then I’ve ever even made three in a row. :P

So one last aspect of Sabrar’s meta I haven’t tried to imitate is that Sabrar makes soulreads. bessie does not. I rarely make meta or behavior or gut reads, and don’t trust them when I do. So what is my brain telling me? My brain is telling me that it’s Madge and /or Boomfrog. If Madge is indie, her power would make sense, and would work with the balance. If BoomFrog is a mafia supporter, it fits with his D2 content. But if I did soulreads, my gut is telling me it’s Sabrar. :?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:06 pm UTC

WoT 3

Spoiler:
Well, I suppose jimbob has to hedge it that way, but to me it seems like it will just fuel those of town who might be a little paranoid about Vicarin's wine re cult. LaserGuy already looks like he was buying in some. The night to come where Sabrar will inherit the kill but can't use it will also be hard to figure.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:32 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3 @Moody:
Spoiler:
I'm interested to know if you'd have said something different in a game without recruits, how would a recruit's alignment show on flip?

Far be it for me to stop Town slaughtering itself in a cult-obsessed frenzy based on a claim by claimed-scum!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:41 pm UTC

WoT3
Spoiler:
Another huge gamble but calculated. If BoomFrog is lynched then they block Vic, no nk means that I will need 2 mislynches to win (assuming I inherit the nk) plus bessie gets another check. If we lynch Vic and I kill bessie then I will also need 2 mislynches but will be in a better position (plus even numbers would allow me THE BIGGEST GAMBLE OF ALL TIME which wouldn't work with odd number of players.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:10 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Wheel of Time 3 @Moody:
Spoiler:
I'm interested to know if you'd have said something different in a game without recruits, how would a recruit's alignment show on flip?

Far be it for me to stop Town slaughtering itself in a cult-obsessed frenzy based on a claim by claimed-scum!

WoT3

Spoiler:
I can't say that I'd have done any different, mostly because I agree that it's not the mod's job to play the game for the players. Vicarin is likely laughing his ass off about the massive amount of wine several people are drinking from him.

Return to “Mafia”