Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 2: Sashtag

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:26 pm UTC

BoomFrog (not summarising content due to time):

I noticed this post whilst flicking through to where I'd last read him:
BoomFrog wrote:
plytho wrote:BoomFrog: For some reason BoomFrog is feeling very scummy this game. Can't really put my finger on why. His townbro buddying with zen feels fake somehow? His buddying with me doesn't give me a very sincere impression either. Need to take a good look here.

I don't like this. I'm fine with the assessment that my tone is off. (It's true, I'm more flippant then normal). What bothers me is that Mark, LaserGuy and JimBob have all already expressed this opinion but plytho is stating it like it's a new and unique feeling. I think that means town!plytho had been ignoring/skimming others reads of me or scum!Plytho is trying to build support for my lynch without being the leader of the lynch. I'm leaning toward the latter.
I remembered it before, hence some of my earlier comments about he himself acknowledging the flippant comments. Whilst his later response that this tone was off because of Egg is reasonable on its own, what I find interesting is that he didn't bring it up here as a reason for the flippancy, and then later, when I bring up the tone issues again as part of my scum read of him, he seems to have forgotten that comments about his tone being off are reasonable, according to this post. I'm also still not really getting BoomFrog's point about plytho presenting something as town making him a jerk, even if he isn't town and what that has to do with my belief that BoomFrog's post makes it look like he knows that plytho, and others, are town. I don't think anybody in this game would realistically hold anything done by scum or indies to further their own goals against them. Heck, I think under the right circumstance, even town could get away with false promises like that with no hard feelings.

I will give BoomFrog the point that his tone has improved somewhat from earlier, helped by the increased content. I don't however like his repeated attempts to swing the lynch onto a (FMPOV) confirmed-town (i.e. me). I don't think this is a strong point at this point however, since much of it is discussions with Zenii who does this sort of thing all the time (i.e. appeal to specific individuals to move to voting someone else with them).
BoomFrog wrote:And yes, I keep a running assessment of every players assessment of me. My main scum hunting strategy D1 is to do vaguely scummy things and see who goes for it in an unnatural way. It's suicidal but it's exciting and a challenging way to play. This has been almost as fun as barking was.
What were some things you did that were deliberately scummy this game?
BoomFrog wrote:People should choose their night targets under the assumption that plytho and I are not both scum.
This point initially pinged me as a buddy ping. I think that this really depends on the nature of people's night actions. However, the logic is sound.

I tried looking at BoomFrog's content to persuade me that he's town, and didn't really succeed. I'm still happy with where my vote is.

wamitomi:
Spoiler:
wam: Posts flavour thoughts. Zen is like Zen. Laser confirm timing irrelevant. Vic case is weak. Mark question misstep NAI. Agrees with sash claiming, as public watcher. Mark town, as making reads. scum!Mark would know town wouldn't ask the question he did.

somitomi: flavour blind. Doesn't have the sash. Leaning towards Mark faking question, as retracting leads to drawing attention. Thinks Mark experienced enough to not make mistakes like that. Doesn't care about the sash. Mafia can't get a pyrrhic victory. Rushing things helps scum. Doesn't understand Zenii's comparison between his and mpolo's earlier comments re. LaserGuy's case. Refuses to post an ordered list, due to lack of following game. Understands Zenii's vote on him. Points out that doc would be outed on successful protection and claiming targets.
I'm not liking the distinct lack of reads from somitomi at all. Wam had a little early on, but not much, basically revolving around Mark and the question/retraction. I'd be labelling somitomi as lurking scum, except that a) I kind of know how he feels re. the content level (I'm barely keeping up myself as mentioned before), and b) the last point he makes in his most recent post to point out that revealing the targets would out protective roles I don't see coming from scum who has realised this point. Maybe still a bit of a scum lean, but there are better options out there.

moossie:
Spoiler:
moody: Laser SDK'd by Zen. RVS mpolo. Indies should claim. Not confident in ability to gain results from SDKing. Mark Q&R weird, but brain fart likely possibility therefore NAI. Likes Vicarin's push on Mark. Explains why Mark asked the question, based on experience. Doesn't explain why NAI. Playing with timestamps is a sucker's game. Not giving weight to LG town!Vic read. Responds to Zenii. Agrees my Mark reasoning solid. Explains the reasoning he went through.

bessie: Explains understanding of sash win. Doesn't see reason for sash claim. May make them unwatchable. Doesn't like wam's confirmation post, and later post is full of fluff. Asks me about Vicarin question timing. Against townies claiming to avoid the lynch. Doesn't understand why vig not believable scum safe claim. Agrees that Mark is quite skilled. Doesn't like plytho reads list, due to lack of conclusions. Thinks he's trying to draw talk towards the sash. Asks plytho about his sash win con and about sash immunity. Thinks Vicarin second question follows naturally from his first, even as scum. Notes exchange between plytho and BoomFrog as being unusually tame. Thinks at least one non-town between Boomfrog and plytho. Likes Zenii's evaluation of this. Detailed comments about various observations that are typically bessie. Says will claim if Zenii thinks she should. Highlights difference in plytho reaction to insult. Chases plytho re. sash win condition. Votes plytho. Posts reads list. Zenii towniest, BoomFrog, somitomi, plytho.
@bessie, not sure if you picked up on this, but if the sash holder claims, it acts a bit like a delayed watcher, because likely the new holder of the sash is the killer, so if anybody steals the sash later they can identify them as guilty.

Since plytho's gone out, I'll answer what I suspect he means when he says "personal sash win con", because I think it's clear from reading his posts. Sorry if you really wanted plytho to answer something that seems clear to me he already has... In the rules post (maybe in PM too, but I'm too lazy to check), it details that having the sash is a full win condition in addition to the standard alignment-based one. As such, it can only be achieved by an individual (at least from town's point of view), so it is effectively a "personal win condition". He's did explicitly claim town. He also implied in posts around his claim that his kill and sash cop abilities are heist actions, I think (i.e. he gains the sash from either of them). I really don't understand what you're getting at with this line of questioning other than simply asking "are you an indie?" Repeatedly asking a question that has been answered, or which a player refuses to answer isn't going to bring any new responses, beyond making you look scummy for being too aggressive.

@bessie, why is somitomi scum? Why didn't you explain this earlier, say, in your reads list?

I already had a concern about moody that has been well discussed. Bessie is a completely different style of player, so unsurprisingly, the same reasoning (not thinking things through) doesn't apply to her. It's good that she's prodded a few players, but up until her reads list, she hasn't said very much about certain individuals. In particular, she declares somitomi scum with no explanation at all as far as I can see, and although she might be right about plytho, her questioning is being unnecessarily obstinate/she is being deliberately obtuse, so if plytho is town, she is going to look very bad, in my opinion.

I'm not going to do a full ordered list, as I want to re-read Mark, Vicarin and LaserGuy at some point. Definitely plytho too if he survives until tomorrow, but I need to go to bed shortly. I'll have a quick look to see if there's anything urgent to address before going to sleep, but otherwise that's it from me for D1.

Here's a vague ordering of my scum reads:

Less Scummy
somitomi
plytho -> mostly here because other players I trust read him as scum. Yes, I know if he flips scum this won't look all that great. No, I can't do anything about it.
bessie
BoomFrog
More Scummy
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
bessie wrote:Page 8
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii, why is somitomi so far down your list?
Interesting, why didn’t jimbob ask about me me me? jimbob has moossie as solid scum and Zen has me as 100% town. Note, jimbob did come back to me a few posts down the page.
Simple. When I look at ordered lists and am in a rush, I usually look at the scum end of the list, because I feel like that's the area that is more of interest generally. I was at work, and happened to spot the unexplained placement of somitomi right down the bottom, so asked about it. I didn't notice you right at the top, just like I didn't notice you in the earlier ordered list when you hadn't even replaced yet. I noticed it later when I was flicking back to look at something else. I can't remember what now.
Re the underlined. What could you have been flicking back to look at I wonder. The list in question is behind a spoiler. You probably wouldn’t have seen it accidentally. And my name is close to yours. You should have at least looked for your own name.

First list
Zenii wrote:bessie 100
Laser 80
Jim 70
Vic 10
Mark 10

mpolo 0

plytho 10
Somi 60
Boom 80

Second list I assume you mean this list?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I don't understand bessie's recent argument with plytho. She seems to be asking him to repeat things he's already said. I can completely understand plytho's response coming from him, regardless of his alignment. I'm not sure what bessie is failing to understand or is ignoring in his responses. I'm not convinced it's alignment indicative.
Ok, I’ll consider the possibility that I am failing to understand something. I wasn’t expecting to replace, read and analyzed the first 9+ pages on a phone, couldn’t make my usual motes that help me organize my thoughts, etc. What do you see as my and plytho’s argument, and what are the answers to the questions in this post that I missed? Post in this format:

bessie wrote:1. Y or N?
2. Y or N?
3. Y or N?

Ninja'd.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:33 pm UTC

More concrete reason why bessie is town: doesn't care about being seen as sash holder. Scum would want to avoid being targeted by ppl tryna obtain it.

what is a plytho anyway wrote:Muddy waters: Why is that bad?
Vic/Slip: Do you agree it's more apt for scum than for town?
Boomfrog's claim: do you agree it's not a safe claim.

Information overload.
No.
I don't think he made it up. I think it's his legit scum role. Possibly even a safe that overlaps with his actual role.

bessie wrote:Wheels they turn and gears they grind... buildings collapse in slow motion... and trains collide... everything is fine.
Insert sarcasm smiley here.
Insert laughing smiley here.

killin me

serious though people vastly overestimate their ability to communicate and pick up on sarcasm through text. Speaking of:

@boom, with so much analysis I'm happy to sheep you!

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Since plytho's gone out, I'll answer what I suspect he means when he says "personal sash win con", because I think it's clear from reading his posts. Sorry if you really wanted plytho to answer something that seems clear to me he already has... In the rules post (maybe in PM too, but I'm too lazy to check), it details that having the sash is a full win condition in addition to the standard alignment-based one. As such, it can only be achieved by an individual (at least from town's point of view), so it is effectively a "personal win condition". He's did explicitly claim town. He also implied in posts around his claim that his kill and sash cop abilities are heist actions, I think (i.e. he gains the sash from either of them). I really don't understand what you're getting at with this line of questioning other than simply asking "are you an indie?" Repeatedly asking a question that has been answered, or which a player refuses to answer isn't going to bring any new responses, beyond making you look scummy for being too aggressive.
Ok, let me see if this answers my questions.
bessie wrote: 1. Does your mod given win-con require you to be in possession of the sash at endgame? Yes or no?
2. Are your kill and stealing the sash a single ability? Yes or no?
3. Does your vig target only die if they are the sash holder? Yes or no?
1. Since plytho explicitly claimed town, you believe that implies the answer is no.
2. The answer to this is yes. [follow up on this, does plytho also have a separate heist action to use by itself?]
3. Not answered.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:52 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@bessie, not sure if you picked up on this, but if the sash holder claims, it acts a bit like a delayed watcher, because likely the new holder of the sash is the killer, so if anybody steals the sash later they can identify them as guilty.
If this is true I did miss it somewhere. Where was it discussed that a killer automatically gets the sash if they kill the sash holder? Except with plytho I guess, since you believe he has “implied-claimed” this.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Repeatedly asking a question that has been answered, or which a player refuses to answer isn't going to bring any new responses, beyond making you look scummy for being too aggressive.
I did get a new response you responded.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:It's good that she's prodded a few players, but up until her reads list, she hasn't said very much about certain individuals.
Yeah I know. I was trying to put my extremely limited time and resources toward things that ping me in a scummy way, not into making town reads.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: In particular, she declares somitomi scum with no explanation at all as far as I can see,
Please refer to my very first read in this game.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 am UTC

Get to be awake at deadline, finally. 1 hour to go everyone.

At this point I'm fairly sure that the Sash holder is just lying scum (I don't seriously think bessie has the Sash, she'd never claim otherwise on D1 though...), so if anyone ends up with it D2, claim and we can go after the person who's been trying to obfuscate its location.

Aww, plytho pointed out what was weird about BoomFrog's claim, he got the name of the dog wrong. As I said, I think this mistake is a bit more likely to come from town.

@bessie: You're scumreading 6 people? :?

@BoomFrog: Oh, it doesn't list who did it, just the rolename? Ok, that's wayyyyy less useful. I'm not sure how useful hidden targeting will be because if you do end up dying before you can reveal who you targeted, we can get a tracker result publicly but we'll have no idea who it applies to.

@Mark: seriously, you're suggesting a vig target based on someone flying under the radar? Why not you then? Or more seriously, why not somitomi?

@Zen: Not sure if you logic with regards to bessie works that well. I think if I was the Sash holder and Mafia (not sure about Indie, would depend on abilities), I would be pretty happy claiming because of how likely it is that a bunch of abilities get blocked (if town are really greedy), while also making it safer for my partner.

@everyone not voting plytho: What on earth does plytho need to do in order to convince you he's scum? He's recently suggested claiming all targets for night actions each day! (so similar If I Was A Cop which is usually not a great idea as is, but even easier for scum to figure out roles because they know the targeting is correct) The mind boggles.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:03 am UTC

bessie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
bessie wrote:Page 8
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii, why is somitomi so far down your list?
Interesting, why didn’t jimbob ask about me me me? jimbob has moossie as solid scum and Zen has me as 100% town. Note, jimbob did come back to me a few posts down the page.
Simple. When I look at ordered lists and am in a rush, I usually look at the scum end of the list, because I feel like that's the area that is more of interest generally. I was at work, and happened to spot the unexplained placement of somitomi right down the bottom, so asked about it. I didn't notice you right at the top, just like I didn't notice you in the earlier ordered list when you hadn't even replaced yet. I noticed it later when I was flicking back to look at something else. I can't remember what now.
Re the underlined. What could you have been flicking back to look at I wonder. The list in question is behind a spoiler. You probably wouldn’t have seen it accidentally. And my name is close to yours. You should have at least looked for your own name.
I think I was looking back on my bus journey home when trying to compose a post. Not sure though, but in that case, I would definitely have opened the spoiler. I don't really care that much where I am in somebody's list any more than anybody else. If I or anybody else is apparently scummy without explanation, I'll call it out.

The two lists you linked were the right ones. Sorry,I apparently got mixed up about who posted the earlier list.

I need to go to bed. The rest will have to wait until the next Day. Sorry.

Ninja'ed: yes, I think those are the answers.

Ninja'ed again: I don't think anybody knows for certain that the killer gets the sash (aside from plytho's claim), although I think it was discussed. Not sure when though. It's a good point that there may be another mechanism in play that lives the sash around instead. I might look at this more tomorrow.

Ninja'ed again round three. I really am going to bed. Responses will come D2.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:At this point I'm fairly sure that the Sash holder is just lying scum (I don't seriously think bessie has the Sash, she'd never claim otherwise on D1 though...), so if anyone ends up with it D2, claim and we can go after the person who's been trying to obfuscate its location.
Where did I claim? I offered to claim if Zenii asked me to claim, and he hasn’t. So I’m not claiming.

Vicarin wrote:@bessie: You're scumreading 6 people?
Let me check.... recalculating.... yes six is the current number. There are six people with sufficiently scummy content to have earned a place on my suspicious list. Note that the positions have changed.

Woof
bessie
Zenii
LaserGuy
Vicarin
Mark_Cangila
mpolo
BoomFrog
somitomi
jimbobmacdoodle
plytho
Grrr

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 am UTC

You didn't claim, though of course I'd like you to. Actually:

@Zen: Can you please convince bessie to Sash or No-Sash claim? :P

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:28 am UTC

Last check in before deadline for me. I think I'll leave my vote where it is. Non-voters looking very suspicious, IMHO.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:49 am UTC

Votals

plytho - (4) - Vicarin, BoomFrog, Zenii, bessie
BoomFrog - (4) - Mark_Cangila, jimbobmacdoodle, plytho, LaserGuy

Not voting: mpolo, somitomi

As things stand now plytho would be executed.

Deadline in 10 minutes!!!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:54 am UTC

shrug emoji

##votes boom at last second

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 am UTC

As that vote is not in bold, it is not counted.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 am UTC

Zenii wrote:shrug emoji

##votes boom at last second

*Shakes fist*
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 am UTC

Deadline has reached. It is now Night 1. Nightfall flavour coming shortly.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:09 am UTC

Although it’s the hallowed day of the Heist, that doesn’t mean there isn’t work to do; although Jake tried to stay at his desk completing paperwork, he and Rosa had to go respond to a call about a disturbance at a nearby hotel. After collecting and tagging evidence, they brought their handcuffed perp into the office and placed them into the holding cell with other people who were arrested that night, many of them in costume.

“Damn it!” Jake cried. “Normally I’m happy to get another collar on my record, but now I have no idea what’s happened! Amy! Can you please tell me?”

Amy laughed. “You’re on your own, sweetie. How was your field trip?”

Rosa smirked. “It was rad. Might be a big bust.”

“Not as big as the bust you all are going to have to carved of me when I win for the second year in a row.” Gina quipped, sounding bored.

“Guys, pipe down. Don’t let this dumb heist get in the way of doing your job.” Terry whined.

Plytho was executed by the group vote and is dead. Role reveal will happen in the morning.

If Plytho was holding the Sash, the new owner will be informed now and will be considered to have been holding it all Night for the purpose of any Heist-like actions.

It is now Night. Night 1 will last 48 hours.

Sabrar

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Night 1

Postby Sabrar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 am UTC

Please submit any night-actions in a timely fashion so we can prepare results and flavor for you in advance.

Madge

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 2: Sashtag

Postby Madge » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 am UTC

“The heist won’t get in the way of doing my job. I can do both better than you.” Rosa muttered.

“Can you, Rosa?” Jake smirked. “Terry, when I was trying to arrest my perp, Rosa kept on staring at my clothes, trying to touch my pockets. It was like she was trying to take the sash from me - the sash that I totally don’t have…” Another dramatic pause as he stared into the camera. “...yet.”

“Did not.”

“And I saw her hiding her stupid knives all around the precinct. I think she’s planning something.” Gina accused.

“I did it at three AM! How could you know that?”

“I’ve got my webcams on. My Australian fans that I picked up when we were on night shift saw you do it and let me know. They’re hashtag Gina’s little helpers.”

“I hate you!” Rosa pulled out her baton, extending it with a shake of her wrist, and slammed it on Gina’s desk. Sparks flew from her computer monitor.

“Whoa whoa whoa! Rosa, Rosa, why don’t you sit this heist out? You can go downstairs and hand out Halloween safety packets to the trick or treaters, maybe x-ray some candy.” Terry stood up.

Rosa walked up to him, glaring, placing her chest against his. “Fine.” Rosa collapsed her baton and stomped downstairs, her heavy leather boots shaking the ground with each step.

Captain Holt walked out of his office. “Boyle, come with me. We’ve been called back out to that hotel.”

“Aww, man! You just want to keep me away from Jake, so I don’t accidentally help him.” Boyle balled his hands into fists.

“He has a point!” Jake agreed. “You never go on cases!”

“No, I want you to do your job. You all agreed that you would get just as much work done during this frivolous tradition as you would without it.”

Hitchcock and Scully snickered again.

Plytho has been sent downstairs to work on community outreach. He was Rosa Diaz, town One-Shot Vigilante.

It is now Day 2. Night falls in about 6 days (5 days with weekends counting as half time). Deadline TBC with a clock.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:51 am UTC

So plytho really thought all of that about the Sash strategy, despite being town? And suggested that we all claim our targets each day, outing certain classes of PRs (especially given what apparently just happened)? :? Going to have to talk about that postgame I guess.

Well, first thing's first: has anyone got any indication of where the Sash is, seeing as SOMEONE lied about having it yesterday. Unless it was bessie, in which case I'm not terribly impressed, but at least it wasn't a blatant lie...

Second: I want full reads lists from Mark, somitomi, and mpolo, and thoughts about what transpired. All three of you have been significantly quieter than everyone else, and I don't think any of you had a full ordered list yesterday, just singular scattered reads at best.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Well, first thing's first: has anyone got any indication of where the Sash is, seeing as SOMEONE lied about having it yesterday. Unless it was bessie, in which case I'm not terribly impressed, but at least it wasn't a blatant lie...
I never lied, and just for that, I have nothing I feel like claiming.

Ok, I’ll claim something. I [think I] know where the sash is.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:13 am UTC

Right, you didn't lie, I meant I didn't really like your lack of claim.

I'm guessing you had an ability blocked then?

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 am UTC

You guessed wrong.

I need to think some things over. It appears I misread my role pm. Again. Seriously this happens in way too many games.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 am UTC

Shit... I tanked this game hard. I need a reread.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:So plytho really thought all of that about the Sash strategy, despite being town? And suggested that we all claim our targets each day, outing certain classes of PRs (especially given what apparently just happened)? :? Going to have to talk about that postgame I guess.

Seriously though. If all the things plytho did that were scummy, that wasn't one of them. Boldly suggesting things that are wrong is generally a townie move.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:50 am UTC

If someone suggests something that makes incredibly little sense from the PoV of good town strategy, you think they should be town read for that?

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:19 am UTC

FoS: jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy, Vicarin, Zenii

Un FoS: Zenii

Maybe FoS: Zenii

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:24 am UTC

Ok, I understand jimbob going by your last reads list yesterday, but what's up with the rest of those FoSs?

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:09 am UTC

My FoS list is independent of my reads list.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:45 am UTC

bessie wrote:FoS: jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy, Vicarin, Zenii

Un FoS: Zenii

Maybe FoS: Zenii

That's basically the list of talkative players besides me and plytho. So, for driving the lynch choices?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:47 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:If someone suggests something that makes incredibly little sense from the PoV of good town strategy, you think they should be town read for that?

Depends on context, but yes, because scum wouldn't do that on purpose and would double check themselves.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:05 am UTC

Wait, no one got NKed. That's good. We probably have multiple town roles that could caused the save. I wonder if we should do some kind of partial claiming to the info isn't lost.

It's interesting that plytho's sash cop ability isn't hinted at at all in his reveal.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:17 am UTC

Alright, I got it. I propose everyone should claim if they know they were roleblocked or not. Once that's done, if a roleblocker did target someone that didn't claim then the roleblocker should reveal their action. This will force scum to claim they were roleblocked without having the roleblocker outed. Then we will know to pay extra attention to that person. If there was no roleblocking then any existing doctor can surmise that their target is very likely town. Thoughts?

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:30 am UTC

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:04 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Alright, I got it. I propose everyone should claim if they know they were roleblocked or not. Once that's done, if a roleblocker did target someone that didn't claim then the roleblocker should reveal their action. This will force scum to claim they were roleblocked without having the roleblocker outed. Then we will know to pay extra attention to that person. If there was no roleblocking then any existing doctor can surmise that their target is very likely town. Thoughts?

This is mostly ok, but what about the effects of the Sash? If one person reports being blocked, then we don't know whether it's because they're scum that got roleblocked, or if it's because the Sash blocked their ability, and thus the doctor can trust their target. As the Sash bearer apparently doesn't want to admit they have it, it's a bit awkward.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:09 am UTC

plytho wrote:
sorry, dude

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Wait, no one got NKed. That's good. We probably have multiple town roles that could caused the save. I wonder if we should do some kind of partial claiming to the info isn't lost.
im 1 shot bp unless there's more than one i think im confirmed town

Vote: jimbob

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:13 am UTC

Actually, that's an even weirder statement coming from you BoomFrog, because how on earth would you be able to tell whether you've been roleblocked last night? You claimed an ability that wouldn't give any feedback until D3 at the earliest. In addition, if there's anyone else with abilities that aren't immediately apparent as to whether they went through or not, this plan starts falling through.

For example: say the Doctor protects someone N1, but ends up getting Jailed and targeted with the NK at the same time. Doctor will say that they don't think they were roleblocked (to say they don't know narrows down their role options too much to be a good idea). Then, is the Jailer supposed to reveal that the Doctor was blocked?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:16 am UTC

A full reads list is going to have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday, when I have a computer to be able to go through this.

I am assuming that there was some protection going on in the course of the night. After all, Sabrar isn't there to do a withhold Gambit. Ninja: or bulletproof

Plytho was apparently completely honest with us - which was pretty much my read. There is probably scum on that wagon, but I still think the lead there was coming from a townie place.

I am a self-watcher and saw the sash without being able to steal it (I have a chance to steal from anyone who visits me) which means that I know within three people who had the sash at some point in the night - presumably it could have moved on later in the night.
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 am UTC

plytho - (4) - Vicarin, BoomFrog, Zenii, bessie
BoomFrog - (4) - Mark_Cangila, jimbobmacdoodle, plytho, LaserGuy

Not voting: mpolo, somitomi

Quick thoughts on this:
Vic - I had thought Vicarin had come out much stronger on plytho than I remember him doing, but his reasons for voting aren't that strong. He never really seemed to give thought to alternatives or consider the possibility of Town!plytho. I'm going to keep my promise to plytho and give Vicarin a more thorough review today.
BoomFrog - Basically defensive voted. Was consistently much more interested in jimbob but never got any real traction there. Not particular AI vote I don't think.
Zenii - Was consistently pushing for plytho (occasionally BoomFrog) other than a brief digression to somitomi. I'm not sure that scum!Zen necessarily wouldn't push a wagon this hard, but I think he's probably Town nonetheless.
bessie - Need to think more about her. Previous bessie/plytho history muddies the waters a lot.

If there's scum on the BoomFrog wagon, it's probably jimbob.

somitomi and mpolo both look very bad for not being involved in a tight lynch. Good chance of scum in this group if BoomFrog is Town. If not, probably at least one indie.

I think if Boom is Town, probably one scum in {Vic, jimbob} and one in {mpolo, somitomi}. If Boom is scum, the partner is... :? Probably bessie, I guess.

Zenii wrote:im 1 shot bp unless there's more than one i think im confirmed town

Did you lose your BP overnight? Why jimbob?

I probably won't be around much tomorrow since it's a holiday.

Return to “Mafia”