Finding a PCIE to SATA power cable

The magic smoke.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Mark_Cangila

Finding a PCIE to SATA power cable

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:22 am UTC

My computer is about 3 years old now. I recently bought a new hard drive, but realized that the only free power port on my SATA power cable was broken from when my CD-ROM broke. This cable goes from connecting to a PCIE port on my PSU to connecting to a standard SATA power port. My PSU is a PSH600V-D from Spire. Does anyone know where I could find another one of these cables? My PSU doesn't have a Molex port.

Sizik

Re: Finding a PCIE to SATA power cable

Postby Sizik » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 am UTC

So you have a modular PSU, with detachable cables? If so, the ports on the back aren't necessarily the same pinout as PCIe power connectors.
gmalivuk wrote:
King Author wrote:If space (rather, distance) is an illusion, it'd be possible for one meta-me to experience both body's sensory inputs.
Yes. And if wishes were horses, wishing wells would fill up very quickly with drowned horses.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:21 am UTC

Oh. I think it's modular. Not quite sure. It comes out of the case, which I assume is what you mean. I'm actually not sure about the pinout, but I can't find anything about the PSU online.

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Sizik wrote:So you have a modular PSU, with detachable cables? If so, the ports on the back aren't necessarily the same pinout as PCIe power connectors.

Where could I find what pinout it is?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:30 pm UTC

I found the cable I need: 5-pin S-ATA Connector to S-ATA power. It looks like a 6 pin PCIE but one of the pins isn't there on purpose. Where could I find that?

Return to “Hardware”