High Efficiency Washing Machine Rinsing

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

sardia

High Efficiency Washing Machine Rinsing

Postby sardia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:48 pm UTC

I just got a top loading new washer, and after several loads, I've noticed a pattern that the rinse water always seems cloudy. Is that normal? Or am I putting in too much detergent?

Separately, does anyone know if the detergent box installed at the top is suppose to have a thin layer of water in it? I thought it was suppose to completely drain via siphoning? I checked the levelness, and it's slightly tilted back to the wall. That's the direction it drains in, so that seems ok.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: High Efficiency Washing Machine Rinsing

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:57 pm UTC

Are you using HE detergent? Because you're going to use a hell of a lot less of it than you would regular.

Myself, I use those pods and don't even bother with the drawer unless I'm bleaching something. That said, it seems there's always a little water in there after a load. I always assumed it was a combination siphon/flush.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

sardia

Postby sardia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:32 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Are you using HE detergent? Because you're going to use a hell of a lot less of it than you would regular.

Myself, I use those pods and don't even bother with the drawer unless I'm bleaching something. That said, it seems there's always a little water in there after a load. I always assumed it was a combination siphon/flush.

Yes to HE, and I'm slowly learning to cut back. It still feels wrong to use so little. From what I read, the siphon doesn't work without an additional water source to power the initial movement. They just use siphons to minimize moving parts.
Won't the pods have the same problem, too much detergent for a given load? I requested a new dispenser, hopefully LG doesn't give me too much hassle for a warranty call. Ideally they mail it to me, no questions asked.

dg61

Postby dg61 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm UTC

The pods do have the advantage that you won't accidentally overuse I suppose.

sardia

Postby sardia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 pm UTC

dg61 wrote:The pods do have the advantage that you won't accidentally overuse I suppose.

Pods are 1 per medium load. What is a medium load defined as?
The instructions in the manual makes more sense, though it is aggravating. It says measure the same amount of everyone and check for musty smell and soap on clothes. Then reduce as needed. Apparently, I'm suppose to measure my laundry by weight.
This is not helped by the various detergents sitting in the laundry room. Parents gifted me 3 opened detergent bottles, all different brands. If they visit again, I'll need to show them how much detergent to use.

Update on dispenser. LG refused to send me a new dispenser without a tech to check out the washer first. Now I gotta leave work early to make their appointment window. WTH is with the 1-5pm window.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:28 am UTC

People are awful about relaying problems. The device could literally say “Problem 14:Water Line Clog” and they’ll just report that it beeps at them and doesn’t start.

So the tech has no real idea what they’re walking in to. Could be a 15 minutes fix, could be 4 hours.

Hence, younas the third appointment of the day, get 1-5 as your window.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “General”