Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay
Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare
Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail
Rise up and sing
Show them no fear
Christmas is here
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!
Mods: LaserGuy & Peaceful Whale
Speed: 7 day Days, Nightless. Extensions around Christmas and other busy times if necessary.
Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We'll do our best to balance, but no guarantees.
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. Once it is nighttime, do not post in the thread.
6. You may not quote the contents of any PM related to this game, but you can paraphrase.
7. If you have been killed in game, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information. Or something along those lines, without giving out any information or hints to anyone still playing.
8. You may not edit your posts unless explicitly told to do so by the mod (which is not in any way expected to happen).
9. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
10. You must play to achieve your win condition.
11. Please make an effort to include the mods on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
12. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let us know.
Game Specific Rules (IMPORTANT: Please Read):
1. In general, days will last for 7 days. Nights will last for as long as it takes us to process night actions. Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mods deem it necessary.
2. You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night as soon as the mod posts a day-end post, or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not a mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
3. Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends and holidays. If you are going to be away for an extended period, please let us know. Otherwise, you will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. Failure to respond to a prod within 48 hours will result in a replacement or modkill.
4. You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
5. In the event of a tied vote, the result will be No Lynch. Players may choose to vote No Lynch instead of casting a normal vote. If there is a tied vote between a player and No Lynch, then it is a No Lynch.
6. Any night actions must be sent by PM before the end of the day. Please send your night action via PM. It is your responsibility to ensure that your night action is submitted on-time. If a hammer vote is placed, there will be a short grace period to submit night actions, but generally actions must be received before end of day.
7. You can send backup actions but don't make the conditions too complicated. You can change your night action at any time up until the end of day.
8. This setup is closed and moderately bastard. We will not lie to you or provide misleading information, but may choose not to answer questions. Generally, we will not answer questions about how a particular role will interact with another claimed or hypothetical role. Some roles may have hidden elements or have somewhat bastard mechanics subject to the restrictions indicated at the bottom of this section.
9. Please abide by any posting restrictions or other restrictions on your abilities. Failure to do so will result in a mod penalty up to and including a modkill.
10. You may not, under any circumstances, claim the name, flavor or abilities of the role that you submitted. Please do not attempt to circumvent this rule (e.g. mass claiming "I did not submit a cop" is not acceptable). Violators will suffer severe penalties. Claiming your received role is fine as long as you do not directly quote from the PM.
11. The flavor and abilities of submitted roles may have been altered at the mods' discretion. Players will not be informed if their role has been changed from its original conception.
12. Roles have been randomly assigned to alignments. Due to the nature of the roles submitted, we make no guarantees of balance.
13. All private communications between players are Daychat.
14. We will announce MMYLO (maybe MYLO) and LLYLO (likely LYLO). These conditions will be announced solely based on the number of players remaining in the game and will not take into account any powers or potential interactions between them.
15. [Duplicate removed]
Sample Town role PM:
For many years you have been a dedicated worker at Santa's workshop, but you have come to realise that you can no longer tolerate the oppression that your people face.
You have no abilities but your vote.
You are a member of the union (Town) and win when all threats to Town are eliminated.
Sample Scum role PM:
You are a dedicated worker at Santa's workshop and cannot understand why anyone would oppose your glorious leader. The unionists have gone too far and it is time to end this rebellion once and for all.
You’re tired of these so called “unionists”, and you’ve put your foot down. It’s time that you and [scum buddy] did something about this mess. You’re going to stop this revellion even if you’ve got to kill every single elf in this department. You and [scum buddy] have secret phones, hidden to look like candy canes, use your chat wisely to coordinate. But don’t forget, you’ve got a stash of exploding presents, ready to go boom. (PM Peaceful Whale or LaserGuy in this format. [Name of killer] night kills [name of nightkill])
You are a member of Loyalists (Scum) and win when all threats to your side are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.
Submitted Role Mechanics:
2. Players removed from the game may not be brought back to life
3. No spoiler-reading roles.
4. No flavor-writing/influencing roles.
5. No alignment-changing roles.
6. Flips will reveal all role details including hidden mechanics
7. We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone
Please confirm receipt of your role PM. D1 will begin when a majority of players have confirmed.