1037: Umwelt

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

testrider

1037: Umwelt

Postby testrider » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:49 pm UTC

I, just tried to view xkcd 1037: Umwelt

It does not show a comic.
Normally there are two rows of these buttons with a comic in between: |< Prev Random Next >|

Now these rows of buttons are directly below eachother with nothing in between, just empty space not even a little empty square with a red cross or so.

Tried from amsterdam in windows via Chrome, Firefox and IE, it looks the same on each browser.

Note: If prompted whether i wanted to see only secure content, I selected 'show all content'

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: 1037: Umwelt

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:24 pm UTC

Initially it showed a comic based on criteria I don't understand - browser, location, that sort of thing.

I do not believe the script is where the page believes it to be. I do not know if this is intentional.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:38 am UTC

For the record: I have the same issue from Hungary, I tried with Firefox only, because I don't have other browsers at the moment.
"write something, not just anything, that says something about something"
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm UTC

Unfortunately, umwelt.xkcd.com is broken.
You can find some scraped replies at the wayback machine to piece together images using http://imgs.xkcd.com/a1panels/ followed by any of the "url" fields in a reply.

If someone (davean?) is to fix umwelt.xkcd.com, please make sure it's available via HTTPS too. And while you're at it, also remove the http: parts in waldo.js. That way we're not stuck with a broken comic because of 'mixed content' being blocked by our browsers.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:29 pm UTC

"Umwelt" changed based on where and how you viewed it, and also apparently when. I think it's quite appropriate that it's now invisible.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Site/Forum issues”