Kucinich Introduces Impeachment Articles Against Cheney

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Piarew

Kucinich Introduces Impeachment Articles Against Cheney

Postby Piarew » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:48 am UTC

WhatReallyHappened.com wrote:Now, here is what YOU are all going to do. You are going to go to http://www.congress.org and you are going to type in your zip code to get your Congressional Representative. Ignore the two Senators for now. WRITE, PHONE, FAX, MAYBE EVEN VISIT your representative and tell them in no uncertain terms that your next vote for Representative will be decided SOLELY on whether they vote for impeachment for Dick "Dead Eye" Cheney. No other issue will factor in for the next election.
(The remainder of this quote is in white, as I believe it is somewhat over the top and is not necissarily in the bounds of our future conversation.)

If Congress fails to impeach and remove, then we will know Congress has sold out the American people, and it will be time for the "1776 Option."

Kucinich submitted impeachment articles to congress after a brief postponement of the article's due to Chenney's hospitalization. Some claim he has declared these articles to get greater publicity for his presidential campaign, but he has taken this stand without regard to partisanship or his own bid for the presidency.

There is a surprising lack of coverage from all major news sources, although I was able to find this article from the washington post. Kucinich has put a list of important documents pertinent to this topic on his website.

Since the major media has more or less quashed the issue and kept stories from getting published, the best I can show you is Kucinich's videos that he has published on youtube.
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

As the Honorable Rep. Kucinich has requested of Americans, a discussion on the subject of impeachment is pantamount (I also urge those of you outside the US to post your views on this subject). Finally, since the major media has decided not to make this subject known, it falls to the responsible citizens of our nation to open discussion about the topic. Kucinich has offered to lead the fight from Congress if he gets support from the American public.
Even if you don't post, please get the word out about the issue, even if you do not support it. Talk with your loved one(s) and friends in classes, professors, students, etc. Of course, I'd prefer you post so we can have a discussion; but do remember that this is documented writing since it is online and that your personal information is connected to your posting name.
The new kid on the block.

JoshuaZ

Re: Kucinich Introduces Impeachment Articles Against Cheney

Postby JoshuaZ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:39 pm UTC

Piarew wrote:
WhatReallyHappened.com wrote:Now, here is what YOU are all going to do. You are going to go to http://www.congress.org and you are going to type in your zip code to get your Congressional Representative. Ignore the two Senators for now. WRITE, PHONE, FAX, MAYBE EVEN VISIT your representative and tell them in no uncertain terms that your next vote for Representative will be decided SOLELY on whether they vote for impeachment for Dick "Dead Eye" Cheney. No other issue will factor in for the next election.
(The remainder of this quote is in white, as I believe it is somewhat over the top and is not necissarily in the bounds of our future conversation.)

If Congress fails to impeach and remove, then we will know Congress has sold out the American people, and it will be time for the "1776 Option."

Kucinich submitted impeachment articles to congress after a brief postponement of the article's due to Chenney's hospitalization. Some claim he has declared these articles to get greater publicity for his presidential campaign, but he has taken this stand without regard to partisanship or his own bid for the presidency.

There is a surprising lack of coverage from all major news sources, although I was able to find this article from the washington post. Kucinich has put a list of important documents pertinent to this topic on his website.

Since the major media has more or less quashed the issue and kept stories from getting published, the best I can show you is Kucinich's videos that he has published on youtube.
Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Don't confuse something being "quashed" with something be not very newsworthy. There is no chance that this impeachment will go through and it isn't at all surprising coming from Kucinich. Don't confuse censorship with simple lack of caring. Incidentally, these articles of impeachment are almost a joke. If lying to the American public were an impeachable offense then almost every President, including FDR, Lincoln and Eisenhower would have been impeachable. That more or less kills Article I and II. Article III is so divorced from reality I don't even know where to begin.

Return to “News & Articles”