Social Justice Articles

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Ginger

Social Justice Articles

Postby Ginger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:32 am UTC

A bunch of angry white men AGAIN why boys why?

Look MRAs: I don't hate you. In fact I think we Need a counterpoint to feminism sometimes. The only problem is that you're being racist and homophobic talking about "brown people" and "F words." My favorite part about what they said:

I think we learned from Tonya Harding, when you associate yourself with the lower classes, people get hurt. We try to pretend we like the lower class but no one really wants them and none of them are here, thank God.

AND class discriminatory AND bigoted w/re: your f bombing religion? MRAs are all screwed up and it wasn't feminism that did it. Ppl... especially angry white men... try to justify hating women b/c of some, "secret liberal feminist lesbian agenda" and it just doesn't exist. MRAs made up a shadow puppet of what feminism and liberalism are truly about, which in my opinion, is: Ending discrimination and treating ALL races/classes/sexes/orientations equally beneath the laws of today. So why can't MRAs let go of their old hatreds of the women that... just wouldn't go out w/them or called them a sexist a few times... and just stop hating on women/ppls of different races or sex orientations? Male culture is like dog culture. They bark, they growl and posture, they mark their territories and say women are just Not Allowed. Not in computers, or maths, or sciences, or businessy jobs? SO WHAT DO WOMEN DO THEN? Just be like... secretaries or sell clothes or makeups or serve tea to people or F BOMBING illegal service jobs b/c women are Only Good to Serve Men, the lower classes are ONLY GOOD to Serve the Upper Classes? Domination and submission everywhere. If you or anyone has social justices articles plz posting them thanks bye~ <3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

jewish_scientist

Re: Social Justice Articles

Postby jewish_scientist » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:02 pm UTC

Ginger wrote: MRAs made up a shadow puppet of what feminism and liberalism are truly about...

The technical term for the part I underlined is Stray Man.

Ending discrimination and treating ALL races/classes/sexes/orientations equally beneath the laws of today.

Define 'equal'. See that's a pretty tough thing. Just about every other legal philosopher and political scientist has a different take on what exactly is means to be 'equal'. If you want to divide up a nations wealth equally, then should you try to make it so everyone has about the same amount of wealth or make the wealth of a person proportional to their contributions to society. Their are valid and persuasive arguments supporting both options, not to mention the fact that there are plenty of other definitions out there. Consider this: Under each person's definition of 'equal' the policies that they advocate will create equality and the policies their opposition advocate will create inequality, which is why no one goes out and says they support inequality.

To be clear, I do not support the Men Rights Movement. I am simple saying why your reasoning for why they are wrong is faulty. It is like when Christian philosophers made arguments disproving 4 of St. Aquinas's 5 proofs for G-d's existence (the teleological argument is still debatable, as I am sure future posts will show).
"You are not running off with Cow-Skull Man Dracula Skeletor!"
-Socrates

Ginger

Re: Social Justice Articles

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:31 pm UTC

jewish_scientist wrote:
Ginger wrote: MRAs made up a shadow puppet of what feminism and liberalism are truly about...

The technical term for the part I underlined is Stray Man.

Ending discrimination and treating ALL races/classes/sexes/orientations equally beneath the laws of today.

Define 'equal'. See that's a pretty tough thing. [....] Consider this: Under each person's definition of 'equal' the policies that they advocate will create equality and the policies their opposition advocate will create inequality, which is why no one goes out and says they support inequality.

To be clear, I do not support the Men Rights Movement. I am simple saying why your reasoning for why they are wrong is faulty. It is like when Christian philosophers made arguments disproving 4 of St. Aquinas's 5 proofs for G-d's existence (the teleological argument is still debatable, as I am sure future posts will show).

Thanks you for telling me the technical term for the fallacies I was describing. Anyways, yes, determining True Equality is a tough job. AND A LOT OF ppls like, just think THEIR POLICIES are Equal and Fair, and like, everyone else's... not equal, fair, and just sucks hard. So determining the basis for an equal societies is tough, difficult work--Yet: WE STILL NEED TO DO IT. And liberalism is the best medicines I've seen for counteracting inequalities woes in our society today. And I tried to read St. Aquinas's proofs for G-D's existence and... well, I'll try again later. ANYWAYS, I'm sure my reasonings are faulty, so maybe liberalism isn't the answers we need? But: I am positive that, the more political lights are focused on the bad, behaviors of MRAs and other men's groups re: women and feminism that... more inequality shall go away B/C it is The Goddess-Damned Male Power Systems/The Patriarchy that perpetuate and allow the angry white mens to get away... w/abusing their female co-workers for not being pretty enough, skinny enough, focused on MEN'S AND NOT WOMEN'S issues enough, and allow them to complain ad infinity about women, other races, f****ts and more. And we need to change our power structures severely and truly so that angry, upper classes, white men... don't dominate our societies and political discourses anymore.

MRAs be so cray-cray they CHANGE ENTIRE MOVIES TO REMOVE All Women! And feminazis are the ones we need to be worried about?
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Return to “News & Articles”