Sources for Terrorism Beliefs

For the serious discussion of weighty matters and worldly issues. No off-topic posts allowed.

Moderators: Azrael, Moderators General, Prelates

ajaxbolt

Re: Sources for Terrorism Beliefs

Postby ajaxbolt » Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 am UTC

Terrorism has two important roots which are religion and capitalism. while the world only blames the former, it is the latter that has for many years invested to expand religion to exploit the peoples minds and take advantage of them.

jewish_scientist

Postby jewish_scientist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:39 pm UTC

You are correct, if we ignore:

- ecological extremist such as the ALF and ELF, which have each caused millions of dollars of property damage
- extreme economic inequalities(1)
- wide-spread poverty(1)
- nationalism
- racism
- military occupation by a foreign country, even when they do so with the domestic government's permission
- military occupation by the domestic government
- desire to form a country
- xenophobia
- differences in political ideologies
- restriction of rights (*cough* *cough* Bundy *cough* *cough*)
- differences in political power among social classes
- laws the treat members of different social classes differently
- desire for a revolution
- cults(2)
- police brutality
- the belief that one of the above is happening, even when it is not (*cough* *cough* Bundy again *cough* *cough)
- pretty much any social, political, or economic issue taken to the extreme

(1) You could argue that capitalism will always lead to one or both of these conditions, but that would start a HUGE debate that really belongs on a different thread.

(2) I will grant you that this is a bit of a stretch because the vast majority of all cults have a religious element. However, it is not a requirement to form a cult, so I am adding it.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 am UTC

My current working theory is that there is a quantum component to consciousness, and that terrorism is caused by a principle of action at a distance in which people in the future try to model terrorist psychology using quantum computers, thus accidentally creating terrorist psychology in the past. But then I'm diagnosed schizoaffective so wtf do I know.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:24 pm UTC

Dr34m(4+(h3r wrote:My current working theory is that there is a quantum component to consciousness, and that terrorism is caused by a principle of action at a distance in which people in the future try to model terrorist psychology using quantum computers, thus accidentally creating terrorist psychology in the past. But then I'm diagnosed schizoaffective so wtf do I know.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:19 pm UTC

No, see, I was communicating badly on accident, and then I started trying harder and harder to communicate well, and the harder I tried the less I could communicate, and then I thought that maybe if I started to communicate badly on purpose people would be able to understand me, and it weirdly kind of worked, but then they noticed that I was doing this and started getting weirded out, so I got into a kind of race with them which turned into a ponzi scheme of words that culminated in something somewhat disproportionate to what I had expected but it's ok because I think heaven was just trolling me.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 pm UTC

And if you really cared about my bad communication you would just ask for clarification on one or more points anyway and not just cut off my hand. And if you weren't talking to me directly, you would point out the things you didn't understand so that if I came across whatever you were talking about I could answer you. And if you didn't do any of these things and still misunderstood me, I would take that as an invitation to clarify the matter myself.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:31 pm UTC

And you're all idiots anyway because I was just trying to understand my dreams and I didn't write them.

Dr34m(4+(h3r

Postby Dr34m(4+(h3r » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

I mean I fucked up but it was only like 35% potentially avoidable fuck up, and distributed in a really weird way that would have required better tools than I had access to in order to analyze. And I tried to access those tools. And tbh I didn't know where they were. I tried to access them and apply them myself because I couldn't access them elsewhere due to financial and social barriers. And when I overshared it was largely a cry for help, to see if I could find anyone anywhere else who would help me. But I overshared in such a way that made it seem malicious because that protected me from the consequences of being rejected. And something very bad almost happened but I still can't think of how I could have handled things differently under the circumstances because it wasn't until the last moment that someone actually saw what I was doing and tried to help me.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:40 pm UTC

It's generally safe to ignore a lot of what CorruptUser posts, but please try to avoid posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your last post if you need to add anything before someone else posts.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Serious Business”