0708: "Sex Dice"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Pfhorrest

Re: "Sex Dice" discusion

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 am UTC

Platypodes wrote:Lots of girls play RPG's (including several girls I know). There are even girls on the internet! :shock:

Yeah, I know, I jest. My best friend's wife used to game with us regularly (and she still games, just not with any "us" including me, since they moved away after getting hitched), as did several of my own exes besides that first I already mentioned.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Armadillo Al

Postby Armadillo Al » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Wait, who said they were playing D&D?

I'm sure that there are other table-top games besides D&D. Such as this one http://www.xkcd.com/593/...

Strip Agricola?

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:Am I the only one who just thought "man, those are some really funny-looking dice"? They're more like tiles. O.o

Any cube observed from directly overhead looks more like a square than a cube.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

Leanan

Re: "Sex Dice" discussion

Postby Leanan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 pm UTC

she-ra wrote:These forums amaze me. With a topic like 'Sex Dice' you wouldn't think to find a discussion on interesting grammatical irregularities...

But grammar is so much more fun than sex, and harder to find online! OK, maybe not more fun than sex... but definitely easier to discuss on a public forum. Although some forums I've known... you're better off not knowing what you missed.
Oh, a color survey. Fun. My monitor went *blink* in December, and since then, everything's been the wrong color online, even lolcats. Of course, this cannot stop me from answering the color survey. He asked so nicely...

Apteryx

Postby Apteryx » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 am UTC

Nicole88 wrote:
That said, whoever it was that refused to go down on a woman they're dating needs to be broken up with!

Sure. Exactly like whoever it is that refuses to go down on a man needs to be broken up with, right?.
:roll:
Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.
John Adams

Okapi

Re: "Sex Dice" discussion

Postby Okapi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 am UTC

Leanan wrote:
she-ra wrote:These forums amaze me. With a topic like 'Sex Dice' you wouldn't think to find a discussion on interesting grammatical irregularities...

But grammar is so much more fun than sex, and harder to find online! OK, maybe not more fun than sex... but definitely easier to discuss on a public forum. Although some forums I've known... you're better off not knowing what you missed.
Oh, sweet 4chan. Wherefore art thou so damned disturbing?

xepher

Postby xepher » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm UTC

Next Panel: the castle guard slaps him and calls him a perv, dealing heavy damage AND lowering his self-esteem.

Czhorat

Postby Czhorat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

Apteryx wrote:
Nicole88 wrote:
That said, whoever it was that refused to go down on a woman they're dating needs to be broken up with!

Sure. Exactly like whoever it is that refuses to go down on a man needs to be broken up with, right?.
:roll:

I think a case can be made that a good lover focuses on giving his or her partner sexual pleasure and fulfillment. Bear in mind that most women don't climax from intercourse; they are much more likely to through clitoral stimulation. Cunnilingus is one way to provide said stimulation.

I think a partner not willing to try something that the other would like isn't being a good lover. If one one hand you have, "I really want this and it will make me feel good" and on the other "no, that seems icky", then that's a problem.

littlelj

Postby littlelj » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm UTC

Czhorat wrote:I think a case can be made that a good lover focuses on giving his or her partner sexual pleasure and fulfillment. Bear in mind that most women don't climax from intercourse; they are much more likely to through clitoral stimulation. Cunnilingus is one way to provide said stimulation.

Not the only, or the best, or the most interesting.

Newsflash, boys: not all women like oral sex, even as recipients.

Czhorat wrote:I think a partner not willing to try something that the other would like isn't being a good lover. If one one hand you have, "I really want this and it will make me feel good" and on the other "no, that seems icky", then that's a problem.

Hmm. I suppose it depends whether "this" is slightly outside the couple's normal repertoire or way outside.

"Hey, this cowgirl thing is nice ... but do you fancy trying reverse?"

v.

"Hey, this missionary position thing is nice ... but how about sh*tting in my mouth?"
Dudes, I'm a woman.

Figment

Postby Figment » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:Your cousin was probably thinking of Onyx, the Game of Sexual Exploration. For up to six players! :-D

Also, I call foul on the last panel. There is clearly a GIRL playing that D&D game! I haven't seen a girl playing D&D since... the girl I lost my virginity to...

*raises hand*

I'm female, last time I checked, and I never leave home without my dice bag. Fortunately, I'm nice used to it by now so I won't take offense. Truly, I'm most of the time either met with disbelief or cries of "Oh me yarm MARRY ME!"

This made me think back to the Book of Erotic Fantasy...heh, fun times, that.
"Once you duct-tape a Ziploc bag to a man's chest, there's no going back."

Essah

Postby Essah » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:55 pm UTC

i think i know one of those girls.
i don't know for sure if she plays tabletop roleplay games or whatever you were referring to but she's definately the type... a bit like Marigold from QC if anyone knows her.
she's very strange but in a nice and funny way, she says wierd stuff now and then but she's a very very nice person and she's aktually quite pretty but in a different way than the beauty ideals of today.

insomniaq

Postby insomniaq » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:54 am UTC

Would group sex require more dice? Or just dice with more sides? Or more rolls? Ugh; this is sooo confusing.

Gamma Emerald

Re: 0708: "Sex Dice"

Postby Gamma Emerald » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

This reminds me of a comment I got when asking about a 14-sided die with different body parts on it. The comment was "it could be used for the weirdest game of Twister". I'm not sure of the exact wording but that's the message as I remember it.

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 am UTC

(As the thread's temporarily reactivated…)

Pfhorrest wrote:Also, I call foul on the last panel. There is clearly a GIRL playing that D&D game! I haven't seen a girl playing D&D since... the girl I lost my virginity to...

Sounds like that was at least a 4 fondle damage, right there.

(Also, the generic 'she' is a conceit in Ann Leckie's /Ancillary/ trilogy, and if the dice don't have "everything"/"anything" on the final side(s?) of one and "everwhere"/"anywhere" of the other, then that's a missed trick.)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”