1943: "Universal Dreams"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

somitomi

1943: "Universal Dreams"

Postby somitomi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm UTC

Title text: "That's ... unsettling." "Yeah, those definitely don't sound like the normal drea– LATITUDE THREE FIVE POINT..."

Hmmm, did Black Hat Guy accidentally shoot a lone rider crossing the plain? Although I don't thin he'd have guilt-induced visions about such a thing.

Heimhenge

Re: 1943: "Universal Dreams"

Postby Heimhenge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:19 pm UTC

Have to say I've had all those universal dreams (except BHG's of course). I've also had another that, according to friends and family, is also quite common. You're trying to cross a road and you can see a large truck / steam roller / whatever bearing down on you, but as you try to cross the road more quickly to avoid being run over, your legs feel like you're wading through molasses or some other viscous substance. You wake just before you get hit.

Mutex

Postby Mutex » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

Heimhenge wrote:Have to say I've had all those universal dreams (except BHG's of course). I've also had another that, according to friends and family, is also quite common. You're trying to cross a road and you can see a large truck / steam roller / whatever bearing down on you, but as you try to cross the road more quickly to avoid being run over, your legs feel like you're wading through molasses or some other viscous substance. You wake just before you get hit.

Oh god I have that one so much. I didn't realise other people did. My legs sort of stop working though, and I find myself crawling on all fours across the road trying to reach the pavement in time.

Another dream I have a lot is my teeth becoming loose and falling out.

Reka

Postby Reka » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:26 pm UTC

My school dreams tend to involve me being half-dressed (not naked, but not entirely decent either), and it's not that I didn't prepare for an exam, it's more that I don't know where my next class is.

I'm pretty much resigned to most of my dreams taking place in the house I grew up in. Well, those that don't take place in school (mostly my high school) or at my old church, before it was completely redesigned and rebuilt (25 years ago).

I don't think I've ever had the crossing-the-road dream.

Draconaes

Postby Draconaes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

I find it odd that most of my school related dreams seem to have happened after I finished school. I don't really remember having dreams about exams, or getting lost in the hallways, or what have you, until I entered the workforce, though they are still rare for me.

Or maybe not. Maybe I just more readily remember the more recent dreams. Or maybe if I went to college again I'd stop having them.

E_H

Postby E_H » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 pm UTC

Or that one where you're in a huge, deserted underground base with beige carpet, that seems to be slowly filling from below with styrofoam packing kernels that you somehow know have already filled dozens of lower levels.

Or the one where you're shooting down a dark tunnel in a big stone chair, unable to move, then the tunnel suddenly ends and you're in an vast totally black void for eternity.

Or the one where you seem to be awake, looking at your darkened bedroom, except that everything is glowing slightly green as though seen with night-vision goggles, then an eight-foot* tall Alaskan king crab walks casually through one wall and then out another.

* 8ft. = 2.4m = 3.3 double remens (double remen = sqrt[2]*Egyptian royal cubits), per https://frinklang.org/

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:46 pm UTC

Draconaes wrote:I find it odd that most of my school related dreams seem to have happened after I finished school. I don't really remember having dreams about exams, or getting lost in the hallways, or what have you, until I entered the workforce, though they are still rare for me.

My school-related dreams are only weird enough to be notable because I'm not in school any more. I'll start dreaming about being on my way to a class or test or something, but I know I haven't been attending that class because I'm not in school anymore, and my mind starts trying to make sense of how it is that I'm on my way to a class that I'm not in, trying to figure out if I forgot about the class (and therefore haven't been studying for whatever test there is) and so on.

It's easy to imagine that when I was in school, I had dreams about being at school, but they were just mundane things that weren't weird enough to take note of and remember, because being at school was just normal life back then.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 pm UTC

I prefer to quote Mike Royko, who responded to some whiny mom who wrote him that her 13-yr-old boy was having bad dreams about kittens being eaten with ".. at that age [Royko] was having good dreams about bad girls..."

I've noticed that I almost never dream about people currently in my life, but dream a lot about folks long gone or deceased (alive in my dreams, often chronologically misplaced).
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

eviloatmeal

Postby eviloatmeal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:20 pm UTC

I've never had any of those "universal" dreams, but my nightmares / fever dreams are always the same, hyper-specific ones, like I'm in the back of a bus about to collide and explode, struggling to get off before the fireball engulfs me, or I'm in a taxi at night, desperately trying to trace the moonlight reflecting off of passing windows onto a sheet of wax paper...
*** FREE SHIPPING ENABLED ***
Riddles are abound tonightImage

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:32 pm UTC

Surely almost everyone has a variant on the "gotta pee, but can't because of reasons which are totally not because you're still asleep in bed" thing.

yakkoTDI

Postby yakkoTDI » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 pm UTC

Or a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you.

pkcommando

Postby pkcommando » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:21 pm UTC

I've had the ones where my legs don't work, but never the 'crossing the road' part. I'm always walking along the road, though, or trying to run somewhere. In one memorable/awesome instance, I was able to realize my legs weren't working because they were pinned down by blankets in my bed. Then I was able to fly. It's like the times I can rewind my dream to get a do-over, or 'phase' through walls. Unfortunately, my dreaming mind really really really likes surrendering to the dreams and my semi-lucid dreaming falls apart.

Is anyone else tired of that dream where one of your walls turns into a swirling vortex and you're pulled into a nightmarish hellscape full of indescribable horrors and you wake up three days later with every bare surface of your home covered in a mix of formulas and a long-dead language and you're clutching a palm-sized cube made of a metallic alloy (that, of course, scientists cannot identify) with similar markings all over its sides? So irritating!
"The Universe is for raptors now!" say Raptors, as they take over all of Universe.

jazzman616

Postby jazzman616 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 pm UTC

On my first reading, I wanted the end of the title text to be spoken by BHM. The story would continue with him knocking them out and returning each to their respective beds. They would wake up assuming the whole thing was a dream, then worry about an earthquake happening. That sounds like a BHM level prank. However, the text isn't written that way, and now it's just... odd. Kinda out of character. It's just something strange about BHM, not him trolling someone. Seems more of a cueball thing.
Who put the glad in gladiator?

da Doctah

Postby da Doctah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 pm UTC

yakkoTDI wrote:Or a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you.

You beat me to it.

Ironically, because I was actually asleep (dreaming about I know not what) when you posted it.

Solra Bizna

Postby Solra Bizna » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 pm UTC

I figure the "legs not working" part of the Common Nightmare Repertoire is because the fight-or-flight response activates "for real", and you end up partly awake... awake enough to notice that your legs aren't actually moving the way you want, but not to actually dispel the dream state. I've reported this bug. No response from the developer yet.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 pm UTC

Like pkcommando, if I find myself unable to do what I'm trying to do in a dream, I just force my way through it, which often results in lucid dreaming. (Generally anything too out of the ordinary in a dream results in lucid dreaming for me; it's only boring dreams that I actually stay unaware of, as they could plausibly be real). If the dream insists on limiting me anyway, I usually apply more force, sometimes waking up furiously enraged as I demand my dream world conform to my whims and it continually disobeys. (After waking up, I often intentionally go back into the dream, now more lucid, and force it to shape the fuck up because I'm not putting up with its shit anymore).

Ranbot

Postby Ranbot » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 pm UTC

Not sure how universal it this is but.... I have a recurring nightmare that some bad person or group force me to choose who they will murder between two people in my family, specifically who can vary from dream to dream. The most disturbing part of the dream is I start going through my rationalization (I tend to be analytical about things) for who should die or live and that's usually when I wake up. I had some form of that dream fairly regularly as a teenager, but rarely as an adult, thankfully.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:40 pm UTC

Has anyone had dreams where you are somewhere familiar and run into a copy of yourself, and you know that it's not you?

I used to have that one a lot, followed by the copy of me saying something ominous or cryptic, then finding that I am stuck in place, unable to move. I panic, and usually wake up shortly after, sweaty and short of breath.

Haven't had one in a while, but it was a continual occurrence during middle and high school.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

sotanaht

Postby sotanaht » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
Draconaes wrote:I find it odd that most of my school related dreams seem to have happened after I finished school. I don't really remember having dreams about exams, or getting lost in the hallways, or what have you, until I entered the workforce, though they are still rare for me.

My school-related dreams are only weird enough to be notable because I'm not in school any more. I'll start dreaming about being on my way to a class or test or something, but I know I haven't been attending that class because I'm not in school anymore, and my mind starts trying to make sense of how it is that I'm on my way to a class that I'm not in, trying to figure out if I forgot about the class (and therefore haven't been studying for whatever test there is) and so on.

It's easy to imagine that when I was in school, I had dreams about being at school, but they were just mundane things that weren't weird enough to take note of and remember, because being at school was just normal life back then.

Same. It's never about tests, it's always about missing/forgetting classes. Then again I never had any anxiety over tests to begin with so why would I dream about them now?

I also have lots of nightmares about driving. I've always had those in one form or another (even before I learned to drive). Usually I end up not being able to stop, I'd say "no brakes" but it's more complicated than that.

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:04 am UTC

I sometimes have that thing where I'm supposed to be asleep, but I'm lucid, and start wondering whether this happens every night, and I just forget about by morning, or if this is an unusual occurrence after all. It's happened enough that I can remember it having happened, but still no idea whether it's most nights, or just a very few...

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:19 am UTC

I have (as 'plot' demands) that leg-molasses one a lot. Not every night, not every dream, not all of any dream, but usually when I'm in a hurry and not otherwise on/in/with a vehicle. (Where I usually have a different problem, like apparently I've atarted driving then gone into the back seat, so I can just about steer but have no other control, or have forgotten to ensure that something on the vehicle isn't totally obscuring the view through the windscreen. And it mostly is 'ok', but then there's a rush to get back to the brakes or to poke my head out the side window to make sure I can see the bend ahead instead of trusting on blind faith/tramline-steering.)

I recognise it so well (without awareness of "hey, this is that dream thing!", just "hey, I'm having this problem again!") that I'll apologises to the people I'm trying to keep up with. But I also find that I can eke out a little extra speed by turning bodily around and walking backwards. Apparently my sleep-muscles don't suffer the same lethargy when being used in reverse, whenever that lethargy actually hits.

Biggest dream 'problem' is mobile geography. Heading for somewhere I know (dream and/or IRL geography, but usually a mix anyway) and for some reason have to go out on something like a North-Easterly road a short way, then back on a North-Westerly one (instead of the Northerly one I should have taken, having previous come South on it, in this abstract example, but could not for 'reasons') and suddenly I'm significantly far from where I should be. Given the geometry. I've ended up hundreds of miles away (if I drove) trying to do a grand circuit to get back to the target. If walking, it could just be a few miles 'wrong', that despite walking having more options to correct heading and such over most terrain, but this might be when the leg-thing kicks in to delay my goal-reaching ability.

Another interesting aspect, since I started occasionally reporting dreams into the likes of the Dream Thread on here is that a very elaborate dream (most of them) that I only partially wake up from is appreciated for what it is and satisfactorily 'rehearsed' while still dozey but then either a) I wake fully, am too busy to do anything and it is lost, b) I wake fully, I set down to write and realise dozey-self managed to forget about vital segue sequences that glued it together, c) I fall asleep again and rerun some or all of the story (aware that I'm rerunning a story, but like an improvisational play with Choose Your Own Adventure options/ability to act with clairvoyance to prep against things that will happen) or d) I happily narrate my favoured dream to my friends and aquaintences in the next dream sequence

(It can nest. I have dreamt, considered the dream and re-dreamt it with look-ahead/replotting, considered it again and told everyone how interesting it all was, but that part too was all a dream and then I woke up, had a busy day, woke up again as my alarm went off and then couldn't put more than this vague kind of description down for 'posterity'.)

Mikeski

Postby Mikeski » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 am UTC

I don't have the test dream. My school dream is realizing I've missed scheduling one class, and won't graduate. (...that year.) Or I did schedule it, but forgot to attend. I suppose I don't have the "didn't study dream" since, for the most part, I didn't study. Which hurt once I got into real engineering courses in college, and realized that I did not know how to study.

More often, my dreams of my school years involve my job at a grocery store. I'll be back home visiting my parents in my dream... and I'm my current age, not school-age me. And I'll panic that I didn't go to the store to look at the handwritten schedule to find out when my shifts were. Weirder, the store has moved since I worked there, and I go to the new location to check the schedule... in a building I never actually worked in.

I also have odd driving-related dreams, many of which involve broken physics... stopping at a light, waiting a bit, and suddenly sliding sideways into the ditch.

"Hey brain... that's not how any of this works."

colonel_hack

Postby colonel_hack » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:11 am UTC

yakkoTDI wrote:
Or a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you.

Me? An overfed, long-haired, leaping gnome?

serutan

Postby serutan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:31 am UTC

Black Hat Man's lat/lon - earthquake dream seems eerily like the 'effective dreams' in Lathe of Heaven
For a sentient herbivore, discretion is the only part of valor. - Larry Niven

RogueCynic

Postby RogueCynic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 am UTC

Am I the only one who had the dream where you go up a staircase and the staircase never ends? If so, don't read "The Phantom Toll Booth".
I am Lord Titanius Englesmith, Fancyman of Cornwood.
See 1 Kings 7:23 for pi.
If you put a prune in a juicer, what would you get?

orthogon

Postby orthogon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 pm UTC

sotanaht wrote:I also have lots of nightmares about driving. I've always had those in one form or another (even before I learned to drive). Usually I end up not being able to stop, I'd say "no brakes" but it's more complicated than that.

I used to get driving ones a lot, but they stopped after I learned to drive. Then, years later, I went up in a light aircraft with a colleague, and after that I started getting the same dream, only now I'm flying a plane solo and don't know how. I still get exam dreams, where I haven't prepared, and recently started getting acting dreams, where I have to go on stage for the opening night and haven't learned any lines. (I haven't actually trodden the boards since high school plays). I guess they're all basically the same dream.

And I get the molasses thing, but also scenarios like I'm trying to set up for a gig, but shambling around and taking forever; or I'm trying to get somewhere on time but keep missing trains or buses or getting on the wrong one. By the end I'm already hours late, but somehow I don't give up, I just get more and more flustered, cross with myself and useless. Again, the dreams in this category seem to be kind of homomorphic. It's as though the dream is the general concept (e.g. "trying to do something fairly straightforward but failing), and the specific instantiation of this gets filled in differently each time.
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

DanD

Postby DanD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:17 pm UTC

da Doctah wrote:
yakkoTDI wrote:Or a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you.

You beat me to it.

Ironically, because I was actually asleep (dreaming about I know not what) when you posted it.

I came here to post this one if no one else had.

hamjudo

Postby hamjudo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:49 pm UTC

orthogon wrote: Again, the dreams in this category seem to be kind of homomorphic. It's as though the dream is the general concept (e.g. "trying to do something fairly straightforward but failing), and the specific instantiation of this gets filled in differently each time.

Whoever handles dream continuity for you does better than whoever does mine. The only dreams where I have the same goal from beginning to the end are the ones where I desperately need to find a bathroom. Even during those, the location keeps changing, as does my wardrobe, or lack thereof.

If my dream is not being kept on topic by a full bladder, it can morph freely and seamlessly. I can start talking with someone while I am driving a car from the backseat, and without any noticeable transition be sitting in an auditorium at the end of my first sentence.

suso

Postby suso » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:56 pm UTC

Related XKCD comic from the past that nobody seemed to mention yet: https://xkcd.com/557/

At the time that he posted #557 I guess 8 years ago, I was still having this dream once in a while, but I think its been years now since I had one.
Imagine theres no signatures....

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:14 pm UTC

Has anyone else ever dreamed that they woke up? I don't think it happened more than once, but one of the few dreams I remember having was that I woke up, did my usual morning routine and then sometime on the way to school I woke up in my bed again. Worst morning of my life.
—◯-◯

pkcommando

Postby pkcommando » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:Has anyone else ever dreamed that they woke up? I don't think it happened more than once, but one of the few dreams I remember having was that I woke up, did my usual morning routine and then sometime on the way to school I woke up in my bed again. Worst morning of my life.

A few times, definitely and one maybe.

For the maybe - this only happened once in college. What I perceived:
I was in my dorm room, taking a Saturday afternoon nap. I wake up and realize I need to get out of bed so I can get some stuff done. I tell myself to sit up and then I'm back asleep again. I wake up again and realize I really need to get out of bed. Then I'm back out. After a couple more rounds, I finally threw all my strength into one big push and rolled myself out of bed and onto my feet in one move.

Was I actually awake the other times, or was I simply dreaming I'd woken up? Was I only kinda/sorta/mostly awake and thus fell back asleep easier than if I'd been fully awake? No idea, but I do know I did not feel at all rested once I was out of bed. One of the worst naps in that room, ever - which isn't an easy feat given that my room always got crazy-warm in the afternoon, so a power-nap often ran the risk of leaving me groggy and a little nauseous.
"The Universe is for raptors now!" say Raptors, as they take over all of Universe.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm UTC

Reka wrote:My school dreams tend to involve me being half-dressed (not naked, but not entirely decent either), and it's not that I didn't prepare for an exam, it's more that I don't know where my next class is.
I get ones where I can't find my next class. It's been ages since I've had one where I'm half-dressed, though.

My dreams in general tend to involve me being lost, whether it's at a school, on the street, or (most often) trying to get somewhere by train.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 pm UTC

I once dreamt an entire Monday. I came home Sunday night in real life, did my usual evening routine, went to bed, thought that I woke up Monday morning, went to school and then to work as my usual Monday routine at the time, came home and did my evening routine, went to bed, actually woke up Monday morning thinking it was Tuesday morning, went to work first thing as was my usual Tuesday routine at the time, and only realized it was really Monday all over again when my boss was surprised to see me there that early on a Monday.

Reka

Postby Reka » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:33 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:Has anyone else ever dreamed that they woke up?

I have that dream fairly frequently. It varies how far I get - sometimes I only dream I've physically gotten out of bed, but wake up (for real) before my dream-self makes it as far as the bathroom. Other times, my dream-self makes it all the way to work (albeit by leaving out a lot of the things that actually need to happen in the morning, but my dream-self doesn't notice) before my real-self wakes up. And yes, it's rather disappointing to wake up and have to re-do the whole morning.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:02 am UTC

I've tried to wake up from a dream and thought I had but then realised I was still under. I don't often remember dreams or wake up during them though.

But I do know I fairly often dream about libraries. And I sometimes dream about an important event I'm anticipating and worrying about being late for, like a flight or a conference.

Once I dreamed about a conference I was about to attend a few hours away with my family, and I dreamed that someone I knew from school many years ago was there. And to my surprise that person was actually there, having moved to live in that vicinity without my knowledge. Funny coincidence.

Oh and sometimes I dream about getting up and having breakfast, and then I do wake up and don't feel so hungry even though I didn't really eat. Or I get disappointed that the cereal I ate in my dream is not available.

There's also some streets and places around where I lived as a child which sometimes appear in my dreams, though in a very incorrectly-remembered way. And I think there's some things I only remember in dreams, from other dreams. Oh, and I have dreamed about going back to school/university and trying to fit in to classes. But nothing quite like the comic mentioned above, or any of the 'universal dreams'.

Last night I dreamed something to do with the concept and popularity of Loss memes. It was very meta.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ColletArrow

Postby ColletArrow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 am UTC

I don't think I've had any of the dreams mentioned in the comic, but then I'm very good at forgetting them in general.

That said, last night I did go back to school, but as "current me" rather than as a pupil. It made sense as I was the assistant theatre techie, so I was probably going to help out with an event or something. I can't remember the outcome.

On the theme of dreaming morning routines, when I was much younger I dreamt that I got up and went to the bathroom, with interesting consequences for my bedding. :oops: The other awkward one is where I incorporate the sound of my alarm into my dream, or manage to turn it off without noticing.

hamjudo

Postby hamjudo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:37 pm UTC

I remember a vivid dream where I was helping to interview Al Yankovic, the older one, not "Weird".

This was an NPR dream. From back when I was listening to NPR news. Now their news makes me mad, frustrated, and depressed.

I often helped or tried to help the local voices do the station identification and local weather. [In my dreams, not real life.]
Last edited by hamjudo on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

MrT2

Postby MrT2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm UTC

Unable to walk: I do end up crawling about an inordinate number of times, or shuffling around on my knees, but no dodging traffic. A possibly related one, to fly, all I need to do is lift both feet off the floor, tuck them behind me, then I can float around and go up pretty much at will. I never do find whatever or wherever it is I'm looking for though, regardless of super powers.

Driving: Before I learnt to drive, I'd always be in a car that someone had left the handbrake off; since I've learnt to drive, the brakes just either don't work at all, or barely work, so I end up basically dodging other cars like a game of GTA...

Another common one is timeloss, I need to get something done by a certain time, only in about 2 seconds, 5 or 10 hours have passed and there's just barely time left to do it, but then another few seconds later, it's the following day. That or I'm still at work (and so is everyone else) many hours after we've normally left, and keep on working through the night, which again lasts only a few seconds or minutes. An unwatched clock is on serious fastforward.

I can have fairly long dreams that internally seem consistent, but when I think back on them, I've gone through a dozen completely unrelated scenarios... that's if I remember them at all once I wake up.

Mutex

Postby Mutex » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 pm UTC

I just remembered when I was a child, I'd dream that I was being blown backwards by a wind and so couldn't move in the direction I wanted.

I also dream about driving sometimes. I can't drive and dream I'm having to drive somewhere and just about managing to control the vehicle.

speising

Postby speising » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:26 pm UTC

I often dream about driving a car with an asymptotic brake: the car gets slower, but never quite stops.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”