1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ggh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 am UTC

Holy chirp, Jose! You are magnificently funny!

ETA: oops I wasn't supposed to pope. Especially not now.
For now, let's just let it be that only the Pope is the Pope.
Last edited by ggh on Tue May 02, 2017 2:33 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time Loop"

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 01, 2017 9:30 am UTC

And I wasn't supposed to not be the goat!

So here's a round OTToman for us all to sit on.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 01, 2017 9:44 am UTC

OTToman? I don't think that's punny enough for the saw, as making words more ottish or RELATED is probably a good thing. So I'll just bring a second one to further the seating arrangements:
Spoiler:

Hurray, AotC continues! And it's as charming and hilarious as ever! Image Thanks, Jose! My favorite quotesnippet might be this:
First Cleric wrote:Once again, in verse abundant;
Words are molpish when redundant.

And now for some blitzreporting:

Image Schizoblitz Report 10 .Image

Newpage 100/2586

Spoiler:
This was a dunejumpish* section to read. It's quite the experience to blitz through mass delurkings by those who will later become prolific, well-known OTTers (or Timewaiters as they are generally known in this beforewhen). Kieryn leads the debate over whether the OTC could be generated by a sandcastling script (alas, the treeish page I remember on his site is now 404ed). Now when I read this, I think of Othercomic(s?) 1663, the growing Garden.

I rediscovered the first time-capsule edited message left to me (as opposed to being in a sig) from edo on NP 100. I was also slightly perplexed at seeing the newword "pigeoncomic" a few times, but a general OTT search brought me to a blitzreport by january1may in 2013H reporting the same confusion and with an answer: there was a riverish discussion about the "most registered users online" at the Time being February 1916H and guesses as to how the comics were delivered back then (punch cards, pigeons). ProtoOTTer zaphodbeebledoc then used "pigeoncomic" twice more in OTT posts after that. Mystery solved!

Contentious moments in this section included the suggestion that the religion thing and the word "newpix" was a joke carried too far (this sentiment seemed to be outnumbered) and people reading emotions into the positioning of stick figure bodies once more - Megan's supposed depression never materialized.

There is massive speculation concerning the possible types of materials that
semencoffeesandmilkballpitmethanemercuryjustplainliquidjellopavementturtlesredbulloiloobleckwatercustarddeepfriedvelociraptorbaconlavalegosnowandicecream
consists of. (I kept adding pieces to that word as they were suggested in the blitz.) A huge blow is struck to the snowandice contingent when Cuegan goes swimming. Some believe it is foolish to speculate so wildly while others embrace the crazy and suggest ever-more-peculiar consistencies, particularly after Megan gets some in her mouth (that's where the wordstarter first gets suggested, of course). These two factions coexist for some Time, though the crazier side has the larger quantity of posts (perhaps indicative of coma-deprivation - explains the wackiness). As in the newpix/joke-too-far face-off, the somewhat sillier side seems to be prevailing... a tendency that will hold true for many moments in OTTish history.

pdg wrote:
Phaelin wrote:
pdg wrote:T-shirts with an inlaid flexible e-ink display, showing the whole thing over and over and over?

Only if it moves as slowly as this comic! You'd have to wear the same shirt for days! Fun!

Yes, it must update on Time time, otherwise it wouldn't be the proper experience.

On the plus side, you'd put it on around Timeversary and wouldn't have to worry about wardrobe choices again for four months.H

lovepirate wrote:
Phaelin wrote:No one has gone on the "Swimming is a euphemism for naughty-business" trip yet, I am very shocked!

I mentioned that, but people chose to focus on the "it's possibly a coffee lake" part of my comment.

Well that's certainly this thread in a nutshell.

Aenea wrote:
Carteeg_Struve said: I'm just waiting for the sudden spontaneous frame where a half-dozen raptors appear, trouncing over the castle, right before getting hit by a meteor.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention compies on the beach yet. Maybe I missed it.

Wait for it.

The tricky part is you have to mix them with some moles, which seem to live inland.

paulmiranda wrote:
When stick figures swim, they always go skinny dipping.

I cringe at the wordplay but applaud the execution.

Kieryn wrote:
Stop waiting for the end! It's like real life... it will only end when you die!

You...wait, you're saying...you mean we've all been dead since July of 2013H?
I have major questions about this! Where's Neil when you need him?

QuOTTations

Everything we've seen in this forum thread, every speculation and whim and off-topic tangent, is an echo of Real Life In Progress. We seek to find meaning whether or not it exists. We create religions and societies for ourselves every single day, in small and large ways...
This is Time. This is what it does. This is what it's FOR - building castles in the sand, and watching other people build castles in the sand, and finding significance and humour in it all.

-riverssong, NP 86

Call me old fashioned, but this thread would make a hell of good book.
-Foarm, NP 87

I feel we need to declare Big Wave thought blasphemy and the Big Wave Waiters heretics, as it would be the end of all things holy.
-shadowjester, NP 96

All they have is Time and they are spending it.
-xspeedballx, NP 99

Redundant:
Spoiler:

bar010.png
bar010.png (263 Bytes) Viewed 11022 times

donuttoman.jpg

redundant296.png
redundant296.png (89.58 KiB) Viewed 11022 times

* Fun.
H Heretical reckoning of Time.

Edit to remove a redundant letter from the word also.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
semencoffeesandmilkballpitmethanemercuryjustplainliquidjellopavementturtlesredbulloiloobleckwatercustarddeepfriedvelociraptorbaconlavalegosnowandicecream
There is a distinct lack of cancer and babies in that newword. I guess those were added later on satirically, as a commentary on the early OTT.

Semencoffeesandmilkballpitmethanemercuryjustplainliquidjellopavementturtlesredbulloiloobleckwatercustarddeepfriedvelociraptorbaconlavalegosnowandicecream. Not quite as catchy, but still workable.

Gingercat wrote:(Pssst! Why hasn't anyone simply asked Gostak to throw them a few of his potion stock for their own use as needed??)
Might have something to do with the fact that a free healing battery feels like cheating, even if it's provided by the DM ;)

More seriously, Alkudo is slow to trust strangers, but made an exception since he was in over his head.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1018

Postby mscha » Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 pm UTC

SUNGRIA...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE RHINOCEROLPY IS TOO CH*RPING WOWTERFALLISH

-- posted by oldpixbot

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Mon May 01, 2017 1:44 pm UTC

A while back, ggh figured out bsta had an audio channel, and there was much excitement until we realised it would spoil future bsta content for others. Now that you've all heard it, the spoilers here are no longer spoilers.
It's an entertaining, but noncritical read.

Explainxkcd is down

New OtherComic.
No Time 2.0?
Don't worry, I'll solve it with Algorithms!
Three years later...
Wait For It.

HES

Postby HES » Mon May 01, 2017 2:29 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
azule wrote:

...Does this tag you? I'm still figuring out how the new notifications system works.

Yes, unless the person in question has disabled notifications.

Using the quote link script like I just did, however, will prevent the notification.
He/Him/His Image

Rule110

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1018

Postby Rule110 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:20 pm UTC

mscha wrote:SUNGRIA...
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

That is one of the most beautifully done colorizations in the catalog, IMHO. Subtle, minimal, yet very deep and realistic. Masterful.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm UTC

It is very wingish.

macraw83 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
There is a distinct lack of cancer and babies in that newword. I guess those were added later on satirically, as a commentary on the early OTT.

I was surprised at how early "custard" appeared, since it vanished for a long Time until AUTOMOME (then I) added it back in on NP 2029.

HES wrote:
Using the quote link script like I just did, however, will prevent the notification.

Modified quotelink scripts made after the migration (like Aluisio's) preserve the notification function by moving the link to a separate arrow after the quote tags. Once you have the script active it makes it appear as though such links made by the script are on the quotee's name (as in the older version) and not on the separate symbol. I rather like it, though I mostly just reserve the link for older posts made more than a few newpages ago and snip it out of quotes that are more recent or that I don't want to make bulkier with the arrow.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 01, 2017 6:07 pm UTC

OutSide Time;
The Sun is Shining in my World!

edit: And;...
Now it is Gone.
Last edited by addams on Mon May 01, 2017 6:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1023

Postby mscha » Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm UTC

SARUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CUEGANZZLE IS "OTTCOLORISING THE STEAMBOTTLE"... IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

-- posted by oldpixbot

svenman

Postby svenman » Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:New OtherComic.

Rightfully redundant
Spoiler:
Comic manip based on xkcd comic 1831 "Here to Help" by Randall Munroe, published under CC-BY-NC 2.5. Text modified by myself, modified comic also published under CC-BY-NC 2.5.

xkcd1831_here_to_help_decipher_beanish.png
redundatilt.jpg
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon May 01, 2017 8:22 pm UTC

svenman wrote:
GnomeAnne wrote:New OtherComic.

Love it!
It even feels a bit like a mashup with Inside Out a bit.

macraw83 wrote:
Gingercat wrote:(Pssst! Why hasn't anyone simply asked Gostak to throw them a few of his potion stock for their own use as needed??)
Might have something to do with the fact that a free healing battery feels like cheating, even if it's provided by the DM ;)

More seriously, Alkudo is slow to trust strangers, but made an exception since he was in over his head.
I've never played D&D, but if I was in a game where the DM was handing out healing potions like candy, I'd be shaking in my boots.

Rule110 wrote:That is one of the most beautifully done colorizations in the catalog, IMHO. Subtle, minimal, yet very deep and realistic. Masterful.
GOOMHR110!
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:50 pm UTC

ggh wrote:GOOMHR110!

Sure, sure, no problem. Soon as I find a job and can save up first and last and a security deposit on a new place.

*hangs a string of mini lights on a convenient caudate nucleus*
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Ithillian

Postby Ithillian » Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 pm UTC

Continue

You continue cycling.
You also continue whistling.

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon May 01, 2017 11:19 pm UTC

Ooh - I think I just had a bright idea!
Oh... wait....
This is going to take some getting used to.

Is that still the Polonaise? I can't quite make it out....
Quite a wingish frame, that.
Agatha the Awesomeful

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:Might have something to do with the fact that a free healing battery feels like cheating, even if it's provided by the DM ;)

Those potions have been in his inventory from the get-go; they're a limited starting bonus.

ggh wrote:I've never played D&D, but if I was in a game where the DM was handing out healing potions like candy, I'd be shaking in my boots.

Rightly so. Have you SEEN what's around that corner??
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Tue May 02, 2017 8:00 am UTC

FishUNG
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

This years dilgunnerang models now have homing capabilities. Just press the homing button on the remote and the dilgunnerang will navigate itself back to you. Makes awkward situations like this a thing of the past. Buy yours today! Easy finance terms available.

--Rakhal

Link

1190: "Time": 408 - NEWPIXBOT REQUEST TIMEOUT

Postby Link » Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am UTC

The Outside is making it really easy to get basemented, and I should really get going right now, but ch*rp it, I can afford to leave in a decinewpix or so.

@ggh: yikes, lead is scary stuff! Were the plants in your plantcastle exposed in any way? Because it's probably a good idea not to eat produce if the parent plants have been exposed to lead dust or leaded water.

ggh wrote:
Baobabs - that was quick! I thought the fading took f o r e v e r . at the Time.

Yeah, looks like I missed it entirely, even though I've only allowed myself to get basemented for what feels like a very short Time. I think it took me a whole wip to blitz that part of the OTT. Which reminds me, I still want to continue blitzing somedip... but I can barely keep keught up as it is. Between my current <sciency stuff> and looking to get four more yips of <sciency stuff> to do, the Outside keeps dragging me away from the OTT. :( (Although I must say it's also :) for <sciency stuff>!)

@SBN: aiya! I'm glad we have hardly any wild full-width justifications here. Pet ones are OK, of course, but I'd be scared m*stardless if a wild full-width justification bit one of my wolpies. If I had any wolpies, that is.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 02, 2017 8:12 am UTC

Steakish, svenman! :)

Cueball's rope skills are not strUNG enough:

I am completely ashamed to admit that I had forgotten about this sequence in the OTC where cueish Cue loses the dilgunnerang.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

5, 6

Postby balthasar_s » Tue May 02, 2017 11:35 am UTC

ggh wrote:Is that still the Polonaise? I can't quite make it out....
Quite a wingish frame, that.
It's this part:

119.mp3
(95.25 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

This week I have some days free of work.
I planned to use them to draw some bsta and to replace the electricity in my new place.
Instead I'm being micromolp-invaded and I can't really do anything.
At least I have the radio.
Today there is the 10th "Polski Top Wszechczasów" (Polish top of all times)

Related dream:
Some OTTers were supposed to visit me.
Lmjb appeared alone.
I had to buy something.
There is a shop called "eko" in my town.
We went there together.
On one bike.
It was my sister's bike which has very thin wheels.
When I arrived there I was alone.
Next to it was another bigger one, and another even bigger.
(In reality there aren't)
I went inside, with the bike and there I looked for a place to leave the bike ...
I went downstairs. There were moving stairs which were not working. They ended with a door.
I left the building and I found myself on a parking place.
(That place, the stairs, door, and outside seemed very familiar, I'm almost sure they appeared in a dream before)
This didn't look like my town any more.
I attached the bike to a pole.
Lmjb was there again.
Someone said "hi, Balthasar!"
There were some other people behind him.
I asked "How did you appear here?"
"We made our holiday camp here"
"In this town?"
"yeah"
"are you following me?"
"no but good that you are here too"
"I'm living here."
"Yeah, whatever"
All this talk was in Polish. lmjb had no idea what was going on.
Then we were in some kind of conference room.
I realised then that all these people are not OTTers
They are people from my FFS.
People from my ffs and I don't know them personally.
They started talking and presenting things.
Soon I found out that they plan to spend this time "doing cool stuff" and "talking about cool stuff".
Nobody said that but I could feel that they expected me to be involved in this too.
I tried to find a way to leave the place unnoticed. With lmjb who was sitting there and just looking around.
I still hoped that other OTTers would appear soon.

Spoiler:
buz8.png
buz8.png (12.49 KiB) Viewed 9501 times

119.mp3
(95.25 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

ETA:
In one bsta frame I used words which I hoped theat at least one OTTer would recognise.
It would make that OTTer expect something to happen in the next frame.
But in the next frame it did not happen at all :) .
Only that when those frames were ONGed that OTTer was basemented.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Tue May 02, 2017 12:32 pm UTC

Get well soon b.
Wait For It.

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:43 pm UTC

I wish you a speedy invasion repulsion, bacterisar!

ggh wrote:I've never played D&D, but if I was in a game where the DM was handing out healing potions like candy, I'd be shaking in my boots.
As a player, I get the feeling this was done both to ease everyone into the game and give us a sense of what the party can handle as well as giving us a challenge at the start that we would almost certainly fail without this help, as a plot hook for giving us a goal to build up to.
As a character, Alkudo (the monk that I'm playing) is wary of the freely-offered potion (since potions can be expensive), but nonetheless had to rely on it because he was in such poor shape and is grateful for it. Afterwards he's going to need to have a chat with Gostak, among others, to see if this is a common problem in town.

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1043

Postby mscha » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm UTC

NONLUNGUAGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ChronosDragon.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:INSTANT COMAVISIONS, JUST ADD MICROMOLPIES

-- posted by oldpixbot

macraw83

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1043

Postby macraw83 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:INSTANT COMAVISIONS, JUST ADD MICROMOLPIES
Is Automome monitoring the OTT to determine what to spit out? Or is it that oldpixbot tries to find a particularly RELATED one in an attempt to further the conversation?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm UTC

The play is finally done, so I might be popping back here more regularly again yay! Here's one of the pieces of music from it. It's RELATED because it involves a raftcastle on a rising sea.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 pm UTC

That's awesomeful, yappo!
Hope your micromolps stop molping very soon, balthacomavision!

Cuesetta-in-a-castle:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time": 408 - NEWPIXBOT REQUEST TIMEOUT

Postby SBN » Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 am UTC

Link wrote:
@SBN: aiya! I'm glad we have hardly any wild full-width justifications here. Pet ones are OK, of course, but I'd be scared m*stardless if a wild full-width justification bit one of my wolpies. If I had any wolpies, that is.

I do live in the Australia of the U.S., so when I heard about the class I signed them right up. I do hope I never find out if the class worked or not.
I'm hoping it just remains 'worst trip to the park, ever' in their minds.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

yappobiscuits

Re: 5, 6

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 03, 2017 1:05 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Instead I'm being micromolp-invaded and I can't really do anything.

Me too... I must've caught it from someone at the play. Just thankful it came after and not during...
BlitzGirl wrote:Cuesetta-in-a-castle:

Poor Megan :(
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1056

Postby mscha » Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 am UTC

SWUNGEL...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Earthling on Mars.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SHENANOBOTMAN, SHENANOBOTMAN, DOES WHATEVER A SHENANOBOT CAN

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Re: 7, 8?

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 03, 2017 7:58 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Cuesetta-in-a-castle:
Spoiler:

Poor Megan :(

Follow-up:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed May 03, 2017 9:53 am UTC

That does not look good for Megan.

(But OMR, Rosetta's hair - glorious!)
Agatha the Awesomeful

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Link wrote:

I do live in the Australia of the U.S., so when I heard about the class I signed them right up. I do hope I never find out if the class worked or not.
I'm hoping it just remains 'worst trip to the park, ever' in their minds.
[Emphasis added by me]

Ah. When I first read your post about them "learning that snakes are bad", I read it as you had a random encounter with snakes, and in the process they learned that snakes are bad but without having gotten bitten. In this case the truth is quite a bit more treeish, I'm glad they have classes for this sort of thing. In a lot of ways, domestic animals and the Outside outside don't mix too well, but this makes one less thing to worry about.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 pm UTC

New OtherComic.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
Cueball's rope skills are not strUNG enough:

I am completely ashamed to admit that I had forgotten about this sequence in the OTC where cueish Cue loses the dilgunnerang.
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 pm UTC

In my pants.

ggh wrote:That does not look good for Megan.

(But OMR, Rosetta's hair - glorious!)

Thanks! That's the only follow-up I made, so what happens next is a mystery. But I wouldn't underestimate Megan and her thwapstick. Image

UNGderstandUNG:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1073

Postby mscha » Wed May 03, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

TWUNGY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:A WILD DILGUNNERPUNSAW APPEARED

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 03, 2017 9:00 pm UTC

I like how molpishly the Cuequote works with the middle np1072 snipped away.

We don't understand everything yet...but that's what the first part of understanding everything looks like.

-Cueball
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:
Ah. When I first read your post about them "learning that snakes are bad", I read it as you had a random encounter with snakes, and in the process they learned that snakes are bad but without having gotten bitten. In this case the truth is quite a bit more treeish, I'm glad they have classes for this sort of thing. In a lot of ways, domestic animals and the Outside outside don't mix too well, but this makes one less thing to worry about.

Editting because my response is apparently in the basement.

Right, not random, (But don't tell the wolpies.) Seemed to be a good class, all the appropriate experts standing by to keep everyone safe, and unharmed.

Now I just need a way for them to learn about alligators and snapping turtles.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 pm UTC

Remind me to never bring my meowlpies to Florida.

Or Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana...

addams

Postby addams » Thu May 04, 2017 12:19 am UTC

(phew) I am in The Present for the Moment!
Snakes and Macro-Mopies, Posters and Micro-Mopies it is all very interesting.

I'll take some EarWorms and fade back into the Basement.
ggh wrote:
Go!

You get on your bike and start moving towards your destination
You also start whistling.

The sound of Balthasar is a pleasant ear worm.
I'll keep it near at hand.

yappobiscuits wrote:The play is finally done, so I might be popping back here more regularly again yay! Here's one of the pieces of music from it. It's RELATED because it involves a raftcastle on a rising sea.
I live near the Ocean.
It was a long stormy winter/spring.

Thank you yappobiscuits but 'No, Thank You'.
I am ready to leave that sound behind.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”