1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sustainabilizer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:My carcastle recently crossed the 250 Mm mark but I failed to note the occassion. I think it was a couple of Mm later that I realized I had crossed it.

For WIW decree, I did notice.
Spoiler:
Title text: … and precisely 458m.
Redundant:
Spoiler:
Title text: I told U was redundant. Y U no believe me?

1ls-m0979-2.jpg
1ls-m0979.jpg
1ls-redundant-m2978.jpg

ETA: Unexpected papacy. (Wasn't that a VHF title?)

Optional decree:
Don't fear the mustard.

On the past pages, I wanted to hug many of you, to congratulate many of you, to comment on big round number milestones (As this is post #100521, there are only 30551 posts to go!), T** **dversary, the BFTFversary, and other molpish things, to post the next version of the Conference Proceedings, and so on. But if I wait for all of this to complete before posting, it'll wait for it forever. So here we go. Molpy on!
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:02 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

HES

Re: 1190: "Time": For decree

Postby HES » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:01 am UTC

All our Times have come
Here but now they're gone...
He/Him/His Image

macraw83

Re: Life tip: Many Molpy Go devices can also make phonecalls!

Postby macraw83 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:43 pm UTC

Ooh, some real actual ketchup from the last xip!

svenman wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:lmjb, you must have learned that from a Time-Traveller!
I find myself wondering if it's an OTTification of something, since it sounds vaguely familiar.

That seems possible.

Edit: Now this is a molpish post count! :D
Steakish find! I haven't watched the Youtube video yet, but the Wikipedia article says it was featured in an episode of Doctor Who, which might explain why it was familiar :)

lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:lmjb, you must have learned that from a Time-Traveller!

Well, I might have learned a slightly different version. Aaaand preview ninja'd by svenman, who found a better version of it than I did. And I did mention that it was for the decree... :wink:
Whoops, missed that part about it being the decree (and forgot what the decree was anyway...) :oops:

lmjb1964 wrote:ggh, I had never taken a look at that drawing because I felt like I really wanted to sit and spend some time looking. But I just now took a quick look and noticed about twenty OTTers,including me. Squeee! Some of them are so cleverly done. (Well, they're all cleverly done, but some are especially so.) Steakish! Also found some RELATED items. I did not find Flumble, however. :)
I still haven't looked at it, as I've done most of my OTTing from my MFFSTA, but I should have some Time this wipend :)

Yay, Jose, more AotC! I still need to go back and read them all again, I mostly skimmed them during my Blitz, figured I'd give it the more thorough read that it deserved when I didn't feel rushed to move onto the next NP...

Steakish OTTercomic from BalthOTTifier_s! I love how well it could fit the narrative :D

And please stick around, Sustainabilizer! It's always treeish to see you!

ETA for decree:
HES wrote:All our Times have come
OTTers don't fear the m*stard
Nor do the Beanies, the chirpies, the molpies...
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:23 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:O
ETA for decree:
OTTers don't fear the m*stard

I was confused by HES's post. Turns out that line is one of those lines that I just mumble through because I didn't know what the words really were. :oops:
For decree:
we can be like they are
Come on Cuegan, don't fear the m*stard
Amtoo, take my hand, don't fear the m*stard
We'll be able to RUN, don't fear the m*stard
Cuegan have a plan.

(OK, Cuegan didn't actually have a plan other than RUNning, but it fits the lyrics.)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:29 pm UTC

The Messinian
Salt Crisis is done
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:59 pm UTC

Now Cuegan and La Petite
Are together in a brand new place
Forty other men and women came along, like Cuegan and La Petite
Forty other men and women came along, redefine what home is
Another forty men and women came along, They all rode the raftcastle
we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.

And hi, Sustainabilizer!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:35 pm UTC

apologies for a fluffy, useless post. I just wanted to say hi, as I've been lost in the outside, Funding Food and whatnot. Still like it here though, even if I can't quite keep up. Here's a flufy, useless cat to make up for it:
Spoiler:
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:25 pm UTC

How can a thing be useless when it is fluffy?
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Or what if it's redundantly fluffy?

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:47 am UTC

HES wrote:How can a thing be useless when it is fluffy?

What if it's redundantly fluffy?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:33 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:What if it's redundantly fluffy?
Well, by definition, that makes it molpish. How can a thing be useless if it's molpish?

Really - the degree of heresy around here is staggering! I'm going to have to shoehorn some chocolate in here somewhere. BTW, love the shoe horn ggh! Since it's in English, I assume it's an English horn (and thus a woodwind). Since it appears to be made of metal, that contradicts the assumption. Since it's a horn, it has to have a hole in it. You can see now why it's a Sacred Artifact!

Awesomeful OTTy Baltimore!

And I do not fear the mustard - not since First Cleric discovered that mustard makes the world go 'round! I remember the original song vaguely from college days; I'll have to dig up a recording to refresh the second thing to go. I like where the OTTification is going though.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Someone has to counterbalance it.

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:59 am UTC

I've been doing some OTTeraeology lately. Quite interesting stuff.
Say, when was the Great &replacement;?

Also, Gingercat lost a sigcouragement, taixzo added Sandgarden to xyr signature, BFTF ended & the OTTerconchën became addams.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:08 am UTC

HES wrote:How can a thing be useless when it is fluffy?

I'll second (or third) that, and add, how can a post from ergman be useless? :)

ucim wrote:
Well, by definition, that makes it molpish. How can a thing be useless if it's molpish?

Really - the degree of heresy around here is staggering! I'm going to have to shoehorn some chocolate in here somewhere.

Sock it to 'em, Jose! Give that heresy the boot. Although heresy is the sole reason we have the comfy chair. Not to seem like I'm doing a flip-flop on ths issue. Just trying to cobble together a post so I can wedge it in here. Hopefully I'm not being a heel.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

thunk

1190: "Time": I HAS A BAG. YOU CAN HAS MY BAG.

Postby thunk » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:34 am UTC

But I like heresy! What else do you use the vitssågen for?

Maybe I should get back to the OTT, but hanging out with raptors and zombies is fun.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:15 am UTC

ucim wrote:Really - the degree of heresy around here is staggering! I'm going to have to shoehorn some chocolate in here somewhere. BTW, love the shoe horn ggh! Since it's in English, I assume it's an English horn (and thus a woodwind). Since it appears to be made of metal, that contradicts the assumption. Since it's a horn, it has to have a hole in it. You can see now why it's a Sacred Artifact!
Yes! We should get yappo to play our hymns with it - there's no better instrument for the really tight harmonies!

lmjb1964 wrote:Sock it to 'em, Jose! Give that heresy the boot. Although heresy is the sole reason we have the comfy chair. Not to seem like I'm doing a flip-flop on ths issue. Just trying to cobble together a post so I can wedge it in here. Hopefully I'm not being a heel.

Zanclean end run
Stolen maps are fun
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:41 am UTC

I think these need to be left here.
DonutShoe.jpg

RSIR
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Explanation, Definition, and Demonstration of Redundakitties

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Jose

It being both redundant and useless makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes it more redundant which makes it more molpish which makes it more fluffy which makes...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:18 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:...which makes it more fluffy...
You can't sneaker round that way - this is yet to be shown, so your thesis comes untied at this point. Aglet it go but it's getting too easy to slip on logic, leaving the whole thing a Croc. Sandal get in the steps of your deductions.
Spoiler:
Too bad logical deduction isn't like tax deduction.
Not all things molpish are fluffy - there are many non-fluffy molpish things.

But, d'awww... that was a cute kitty!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:01 pm UTC

thunk wrote:But I like heresy! What else do you use the vitssågen for?

Maybe I should get back to the OTT, but hanging out with raptors and zombies is fun.

I thunk both R.A.Z.O.R. and the punsaw police should have an eye on you...
Speaking of punsaws, this is for ucim and lmjb1964:
Spoiler:
RSIR:
Spoiler:
Chainsaw Shoes.jpg
Chainsaw Shoes.jpg (23.91 KiB) Viewed 14619 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mrob27

1190: "Time": I THINK I PREFER TO THINK OF RAFTCASTLE-BLITZING AS A THING.

Postby mrob27 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:34 pm UTC

I have been purchasing and/or creating new botcastles. Does anyone know how to reduce the size of the user interface elements (the tabs, bookmarks bar, etc.) of IceWeasel/FireFox? How about a way to get the window manager to reduce the size of everything (as if viewing a 2000-pixel screen shrunk down to 1000 or whatever size your actual screen is) ?

SBN wrote:I guess it isn't technically paperwork anymore, but I don't know what we call it now that it is all online.

Something you do and/or make, using organised sand as a tool. Sandsculpture?

Gingercat wrote:"Everyone has a religion. Not everyone has a god."

The quote makes sense to me. It doesn't seem particularly notable or unusual, perhaps because I have some experience with nontheistic religions.

svenman wrote:Not sure where I originally got the link from, might have been this very thread.
quite possibly :D

balthasar_s wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Moloy GO

It's like Go but with molpies?

… or perhaps like Pokémon Go but with molpies.

macraw83 wrote:
Sustainabilizer wrote:It's Time to write a book about it, the so-called Conference Proceedings.

Here is the current version.

A wild link to what looks to be a repository of information about OTTerCon has appeared! Treeish!

I have noticed that the Proceedings suddenly grew to an excessive size (10 MiB for only 72 pages), something which usually happens when prople add 10-megapixel images and don't bother to scale them to an appropriate resolution for the actual size on the page. No, we do not need to be able to zoom in and read the writing on the presenter's name-badge. Okay, maybe you do, but I don't.
  Here (attached) is the presently-latest (2016 March 1st) version of the Proceedings with 144dpi images.
  [Attachment, see Spoiler: at the end of this post, filename "proceedings-20160301.pdf", size 1.96 MiB]

HES wrote: The ultimate first commandment video. Context in the description.

Wow, and I thought 9 Beet Stretch required patience. That's pretty cool.

ƨmɒbbɒ wrote:
.noiʇƨɘup ɿɘᖹʇonɒ ɘvɒᖹ I
?ɘmiT ni ɘmiT oʇ ɘmoɔ ɿoɿɿiM ɘᖹT oʇ ƨʇƨoq oᗡ
?ɘɿɘᖹʇ nɘɘƨ ylno ɿoɿɿiM ɘᖹT oʇ ƨʇƨoq ɘɿA ;ɿO

You were saying?

Eternal Density wrote:I never posted the words for this [ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PamUmOhOFZM ], until now:

Molpish, thanks! It's always good to have an extra set of lyrics for an OTTification :D

mrob27 Image

Depending on one's definition of "botcastle" — is it software, or physical organised sand?

Spoiler:
proceedings-20160301.pdf
OTTercon Proceedings without the insanely-high-res images
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time": I THINK I PREFER TO THINK OF RAFTCASTLE-BLITZING AS A THING.

Postby SBN » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:55 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
SBN wrote:I guess it isn't technically paperwork anymore, but I don't know what we call it now that it is all online.

Something you do and/or make, using organised sand as a tool. Sandsculpture?

Something like that. Seems a bit too molpish though. Sandbags? Mudpies? In any case, we're getting really close to being done.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

Beesnake is evolving!

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:22 am UTC

M*stard, did I really misspell molpy as moloy a few pages back? :(

addams

Postby addams » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:42 pm UTC

ucim wrote:"Has anybody seen addams?"
Spoiler:
The voice belonged to June Bug, and she sounded a bit worried. Although known in formal circles as lmjb1964, she had picked up a few other monikers along the way. "I was supposed to meet her at the Grotto earlier but she never showed up."

Nobody had seen her recently, so June Bug decided to go pay her a visit. She lived at the edge of a very pretty wilderness near the Seminary, and it wasn't all that far to walk. The weather was wingish and her step was light, and it wasn't long before she found herself at addams' door. A knock however did not produce any response. June Bug contemplated the irony of addams having gone to June Bug's house because she wasn't at the Grotto either, but that sort of thing only happens in a certain kind of stage play; the kind which depends on each character making a mistake at every possible opportunity. Surely they weren't merely characters in a farce! June Bug looked around; it looked like somebody was home, so she went around the back to see if everything was ok.

It wasn't. Finding addams face down on the ground, she rushed over to find large bloody slash marks all over her body.

Keyboards.

Something must have scared them away, because the attack had not gone any further than the slash wounds. She was still breathing, which was a good sign, but June Bug did not have any panther salve. Who would have thought it was needed so close to the Seminary? Carefully turning her over, she looked into addams eyes, and addams began to come to.

"I tried to get there", addams began.

"Never mind our meeting - are you ok?" This was a bit of a silly question; addams was clearly not ok, but it was a starting point. "What happened?"

"Dvorak came back, hungry. I thought I chased him off last yip, but they're sneaky, keyboards are."

"We've got to get you inside", said June Bug. "Don't want you to end up like Neil."

The back door was open, and after considerable effort, June Bug managed to get addams into the living room and onto the sofa. Alas, addams did not have any panther salve either. She didn't know what scared Dvorak away, but at least it was only one keyboard on the prowl. Nevertheless, they had to get help soon, and addams was in no condition to be left alone. She pondered the options.

This didn't take long, because there weren't any. The First Commandment was not right for this moment, and the Other Commandment was not really possible. So, she followed the writ that had come between, which theologians still hadn't decided was or wasn't a Commandment.

"If only First Cleric were here." Now that was a cogitation that caught both of them by surprise, but there was more to that buffoon than anybody had thought possible. Think! What was it that First Cleric did a lot? He certainly prayed, but they didn't have prayer tiles handy. And he spoke into his shoe.

Maybe he was just a buffoon.

But there were rumors of shoes doing strange things with the crystal organ, and somebody said that shoes found BlitzGirl. She didn't believe them, because BlitzGirl had never been lost. But what the ch*rp.

"I'm going to try something really... strange", began June Bug. "Can I borrow your shoe?"

"I'm sure I've seen stranger. Go ahead."

June Bug carefully removed the shoe from addams' left foot, put it to her mouth, and started speaking into it. "Hello? This is Laura Mae and addams, we need help. There's been a keyboard attack. Can anybody hear..." She didn't get any farther when her own shoe began to ring. Startled, she put down addams' shoe and contemplated her ringing feet.

"Are you going to answer that?", asked addams.

"You've seen shoes ring before?", asked June Bug.

"No, but when people put rings in their toes, they're trying to say something."

The logic was impeccable. June Bug, also known as Laura Mae, picked up her shoe and tentatively said, "Hello?"

"It works!", said addams, getting excited about this new thing. "We can talk to each other on shoes! We can talk to each other face to face. Shoes are nice, but I like face to face."

"You're feeling better, aren't you?", observed June Bug. But there was no time for chitchat - addams' other shoe was ringing. June Bug carefully removed it from addams' foot and answered with confidence. "Hello, addams has been injured at home in a keyboard attack and we need help. Whose shoe am I talking to?"

It was Second Scribe. After a bit more conversation, a plan was devised, and the First Commandment once again became the Word to follow. Apparently some shoes connected with other shoes, but just which ones they were was not worked out yet. Fearing for the established order of things, some of the heralds were raising some objections to the appropriateness of private shoe conversations while other heralds welcomed the relief from having to herald everything from lunchtime to special services. Soon however, the shoe would be on the other foot.

It was early afternoon when the knock came on the door, and Laura Mae June Bug answered it. Second Scribe, Fifth Cleric, Ninth Herald, and The Pope stood in the doorway and were ushered in. Glad to see them but still very weary from her ordeal, addams greeted them each by name, but then closed her eyes to rest. Laura Mae filled them in, as The Pope and Second Scribe went over to examine the wounds. The Pope saw it first. Near where some of the deeper scratches were, was an odd yellow fluid.

"This doesn't look good."

Now, there are a few things that you hope not to hear from somebody examining your condition, and that is one of them. Instantly addams' eyes popped open. They already knew it was a keyboard; how much worse could it be?

"There's definitely mustard here."

Fifth Cleric helpfully chimed in, "Mustard? Dijon or yellow?" Well, he was trying to be helpful. Or, he thought he was trying to be helpful. And maybe it worked; addams cracked a smile.

Second Scribe took a closer look. There was actually quite a bit of mustard.

"I think I recognize this", she said. "I've seen this before. You should be dead!"

"Yes, they told me that too", replied addams. "But I'm not."

"I don't mean you should be dead... we're all very glad you're here - you're ineffably molpish! But, this much mustard would kill an ordinary person."

The Pope inquired, "What is it?"

Second Scribe replied, "It's 'Outside'". She's going to need help from all of us.

Fifth Cleric began to panic. "Outside? Heresy! I kanna deal with 'Outside'! Innit contageous? Where are my ch*rpin' prayer tiles?"

The Pope stepped in. "Steady now - 'Outside' can be fearsome, but there is much molpishness there too."

Second Scribe said, "I've been Outside - remember when the BlitzRocket got mustarded up last Mystery? Or was it two Mysteries ago - I can't remember. Outside is where I got all those present presents."

"I came from Outside", said addams.

"We all did", said The Pope. "One way or another. But right now, we have to be strong; addams needs our help."

"How shall we spread the word", said the Ninth Herald. "Ram's horn, or shoe."

The Pope considered this. Some things need to be spread wide, and some things need to be kept private. It was a conundrum. "Until somebody invents the shoe horn, we will need to use both. But judiciously. Herald, come with me. Let us begin."

The two of them went outside and climbed the hill together. And there at the top, The Pope paused, while he contemplated exactly what it was he was going to say.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 2478) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki)

Jose!
What a Story!

It is fanciful.
It is fictional.
It also tells our story.
Spoiler:
June Bug like 'The Good Samaritan' and her fellow OTTers
have used kind words and deeds to lift me from despair,
Face down in Mud covered with Mustard.

lmjb1964 is a talented woman, she wears many hats.
lmjb1964 is willing to do Paperwork and wear another Hat.
I am so grateful to her and to you, Posters in Time.

I know Paperwork takes Time.
I know It takes Time to heal.
I follow the first degree.
Spoiler:
Wait For It.
Spoiler:
Helpless as a box of kittens.
Not nearly as cute.

"It's a Kitty!"
http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/kittentherapymagic/
Last edited by addams on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time": I THINK I PREFER TO THINK OF RAFTCASTLE-BLITZING AS A THING.

Postby taixzo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:22 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:I have been purchasing and/or creating new botcastles. Does anyone know how to reduce the size of the user interface elements (the tabs, bookmarks bar, etc.) of IceWeasel/FireFox? How about a way to get the window manager to reduce the size of everything (as if viewing a 2000-pixel screen shrunk down to 1000 or whatever size your actual screen is) ?

For Firefox/IceWeasel, I've been using this extension. For the window manager to resize things - well, Compiz used to have a resize-window setting, although I can't find it anymore. Perhaps it's hidden away somewhere? I do not know about other window managers, although I speculate that non-compositing window managers would not be able to do that.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:17 pm UTC

Wipend ketchup!
lmjb1964 wrote:we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.
ggh wrote:The Messinian
Salt Crisis is done
lmjb1964 wrote:Now Cuegan and La Petite
we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.

:D Awesomeful!

RE: Useless, Fluffy, Redundant, Molpish - :azule: Also, I kind of saw the walltext post coming :)

And lastly - AHHHH the shoepuns!!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

thunk

1190: "Time": raptor is best birb

Postby thunk » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:25 pm UTC

Treeish indeed.
______
I think RAZOR tried to show up at my door this morning, but they couldn't find me. Thankfully.
Again, I've failed to get back to the blitz.
_______

The Summer Extravaganza has started. The one that should probably have been held somewhere else. Great to hear.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:34 pm UTC

Full song so far:
macraw83 wrote:OTTers don't fear the m*stard
Cuegan have a plan.
Salt Crisis is done
we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.
ggh wrote:Zanclean end run
Stolen maps are fun

Did I kill it? Can someone finish it off?
Feel free to redo those last two lines if they don't work for wherever you're going!

Still haven't had any Time for ketchup....
Agatha the Awesomeful

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:36 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:54 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Full song so far
Spoiler:
:
Cuegan have a plan.
Salt Crisis is done
we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.
Stolen maps are fun
Feel free to redo those last two lines if they don't work for wherever you're going!

I somehow missed your latest addition :oops:

I can't remember how the end of the song goes, and I can't pull it up right now, so it'll have to wait or someone else'll have to finish it.

Gingercat

The Chronicles of Torgos, Vol. 5

Postby Gingercat » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:53 am UTC

Welcome to The Chronicles of Torgos, Vol. 5! The theme of today's story is "Fire, Giants, and a Fire Giant", where we find out just what Torgos has been up to lately when not scribbling his thoughts in this journal.

<- Volume 4

Standard Disclaimer:
Spoiler:
(As always, unless something is prefaced with "OOC", references to "I" or "me" are completely in-character, telling the story from his point of view as if this is his journal. Occasionally liberties must be taken, such as referring to dice rolls; let's just chalk those up to him firmly believing that the gods roll dice sometimes to determine how they'll treat him and others in various situations just for fun. It's not entirely inaccurate...)

The journal continues here, although its pages seem a little ragged, with chips of stone embedded firmly in them:

Spoiler:
Our return to town through that misbegotten swamp was entirely uneventful, having killed off Eye Spy and forcefully relinquished its hold on the area. Our party's Paladin assures me that he will return someday to consecrate the Necromantic Tree and the surrounding lands, turning it into a decidedly Good-aligned location. Naturally, I'll want to be onhand to observe this if possible! It will be very interesting to see what sort of effect this has on the swamp in general.

In town, I was able to negotiate with the wizards we were assisting for an unbelievable deal on pearls for any Identify spells we will need in future (each casting consumes one pearl worth 100GP). I was able to get twenty of them, for 25GP each! The gods of luck and travellers must have smiled upon me this day, to get so many gems at a quarter of their market price! Yes, we did them a service, so their initial offering was 50GP per pearl, but a Persuasion Roll of 18 on my part for a total of 20 soon convinced them that maybe it was be nice if a fellow wizard like myself was able to identify any interesting items he came across in his travels, without the process being such a drain on the coin purse. With the money saved from that wonderful trade, I was also just barely able to pick up a Staff of Swarming Insects, although it took my entire remaining 2000GP to do so (after the loss on the pearls, the wizards were understandably unwilling to negotiate this price down further as well). The idea of being able to cast Insect Plague on my enemies is a very exciting prospect. I'd heard of this spell in my travels, and it sounded truly nasty, so imagine the luck of finding a staff that can cast it each day without having to memorize the spell, as well as being able to obscure myself should a hasty retreat be necessary!

[OOC: Until noted, this next section was relayed to me by the GM as having been auto-resolved in my absence by himself and the other players, since I missed a session due to other commitments.]

Having taken care of my needs in town (including buying up as many resources for creating Potions of Mind Reading later as possible, with a generous 4000 Gold investment from the party's Barbarian, enough for 16 attempts!), we once again set forth into the wilderness, this time to check on the drop-point I agreed on with my goblin tribe as a contact point. I must say, the goblins are... uh, inventive, when it comes to getting information to me. Since their writing skills are (currently, at least) nearly non-existent, they didn't leave me a note. They simply stuffed one of their tribe members into a hollowed-out tree trunk and made him memorize the message to me word for word as best they could. Thankfully, a Comprehend Languages spell once again came in handy (he was gibbering in Goblin, which I haven't had time or opportunity to get a proper handle on yet), and the gist of the message was that the hobgoblins of the region are getting very, VERY uppity. Moving in packs that could more be described as roving armies, they're taking as many prisoners / slaves as they can from the Goblin and Orc villages, and destroying everything and everyone who is of no immediate use to them. The poor goblin was half out of his mind with fear, especially having heard of me as being a terrible being who rains fire down on all who displease him... Although he didn't explicitly say it, I'm certain he was convinced I'd torch him on the spot just for bearing me bad news! I sent him back to the tribe with a warm thanks and a few shiny coins for his efforts, which brightened his demeanour immensely. It is my eventual intention to not only increase the size of the tribe I've "adopted", but to slowly shift their collective alignment out of the "Evil" side of the spectrum and into at least "Neutral"... That will be quite a long-term project, I think. Just imagine - Inherently non-evil goblins!

We all agreed that the hobgoblin threat was not to be taken lightly, especially when they're roaming in much larger packs than would normally be expected. This implies a greater threat, someone who is able to exert control over creatures normally known for their internal conflicts as much as their external ones; inter-hobgoblin tribe wars are normally a very common prospect. Setting off, we were able to track a large band of them to a valley where they had concealed themselves, and a few well-placed Fireball spells and associated all-up-in-your-grill spells and combat techniques and the hobgoblin encampment was thoroughly ruined in short order. Although there were a sizeable number of hobgoblins there, the feel and layout implied that this was simply a raiding party, and certainly not the major force that was behind the region's issues... Once again, my ability to create the Tiny Hut made for comfortable resting for all involved on this journey so far. Some of the others left to pursue interesting leads, leaving myself, the warlock, barbarian and sorceror to investigate this region.

[End of auto-resolved section.]

Having agreed that further investigation was warranted, our warlock friend made excellent use of a Fly spell to scout the surrounding region while the three of us rested and took watches. I saw this as an excellent opportunity for a "Waste not!" approach to the sudden availability of a lot of sentient-creature brains to make Potions of Mind Reading from, and with the help of the sorceror [creation attempts have "advantage": Roll two D20s and take the higher of them as the result] we set to work brewing.

That's when the trouble started...

Things were going well, with some successes and some failures (some of the brains were a bit too scrambled, so those potions didn't work out), and the creation of three Masterwork Potions (rolled a 20 for them, thank you gods of luck!), there was one particular attempt that told me the gods felt I'd done enough work for the day (rolling 1's on both D20s at the same time): The potion EXPLODED, releasing a noxious purple cloud of vapour that my assistant and I couldn't help but breathe in. Near-instantly, I had the absolutely strangest feeling I've encountered in my life so far: The feeling of being someone else. Suddenly and briefly, I wasn't a Dragonborn wizard, no! I was Kuklug Murgog, PROUD HOBGOBLIN WARRIOR!

Memories of a horrid lifetime filled with pain, toil and torment coursed through me, leaving me standing and staring, dazed, at the strange array of brewing vials and apparatus in front of me, as well as the obvious aftermath of some sort of explosion. But... Aren't I dead? We were ambushed, stupid, STUPID to lock ourselves INTO a valley when that's where we normally chase and trap our foes! Made it so easy to rain fire and death down on us from all around. CURSED HUMANS! I remember the final searing burn of that wizard's spell as it tore through me... So WHAT is going on here? And I seem to be... Shorter? What is this madness!? I will seek these humans out and destroy them! I will...

...Ohhh, my head. For a moment there I thought I was a hobgoblin! I had his memories, his worldly perception, everything. I find this turn of events to be equal parts fascinating and disturbing. My sorceror friend is shaking his head as if to clear it as well; I wonder if he experienced something similar.

[OOC: GM's note to both of us - "For the next tenday, whenever you go to sleep, you will dream that you ARE the hobgoblin that owned the brain used in the exploding potion. This may result in sleepwalking, sleeptalking (in Hobgoblin!), and possibly hostile actions against those he perceives as enemies." My return question, since Torgos is in it to learn everything he can: "Am I able to learn the Hobgoblin language from this?" The GM's response: "Yes. If you so desire, when you wake, you can choose to take notes on whatever you can remember from 'being' him. By doing that you would know the language at the end of the tenday."]

The Warlock returns with some interesting news: Among his discoveries was a large cave in one direction, and in another were the ruins of a Hill Giant battlement which, despite being ruins, seemed to be a very busy place. He wasn't able to get close enough for extensive details without giving away his presence, but the place seems to be crawling with hobgoblins and giants... Although the cave sounds fascinating (caves always contain interesting creatures and loot), the party decided that the battlements are probably a more pressing concern.

Encountering no wandering enemies on the way, we trekked through some very hilly country to a spot within viewing range of the battlements, situated on top of a large hill. The walls are in severe disrepair, cracked, tumbled down in places with a couple of gaps big enough to squeeze through. One truly massive set of stone gates (currently closed) are set into the oval-shape area, roughly 220 feet long and roughly 200 feet wide. Huge bonfires dotted around it including torches and bonfires at the set of gates and a huge hole in the wall across the other side, a lot of massive tents, around 40 hobgoblins spread around (one of whom is wearing some very decorated plate mail), roughly 12 hill giants (six of whom are sleeping on straw mats), and an obvious and out-of-place leader: A fancily-clad fire giant right in the middle of it all! His air of confidence suggests that he is the leader of the recent slaving efforts, especially since he's managing to get huge numbers of hobgoblins to work together, as well as a dozen hill giants in the mix. Some quiet scouting by the warlock and his homunculus familiar show the presence of several gigantic iron-banded treasure chests. While their contents aren't immediately visible (and opening them would be both difficult and time-consuming), it's a safe assumption that they contain some very exciting riches as an incentive for one side to join the other in the slave raids as an ally instead of a potential obstacle.

Faced with such a large force, we confer among ourselves as to how best to approach this situation, since there are only four of us in total, and lots of them. We have a few options: CHARGE!, try to cause infighting and confusion by shooting some hobgoblin arrows into the mix, or come back later when we're better prepared to deal with them. We can't leave, because they probably won't be here when we come back (and neither will those intriguing treasure chests!), they're unlikely to fall for a hobgoblin arrow ruse, but a direct attack with only four active members seems suicidal...

With the statement of "Well, you only live once", I decide that the sleeping giants would make for an excellent Fireball target, and the sorceror agrees. Two from me, two from him, and their bedding will ensure that they wake up ON FIRE, taking additional per-round damage until they can shake it off. (What's that? "Let sleeping giants lie?" I'd rather that they lie there dead, thank you, instead of having those gigantic clubs lie across my skull.) The others agree, the warlock decides that some poisoned arrows might be a nice touch on the fire giant as a sneak attack, and let there be light! LET THERE BE FIRE!!

BOOM!!

During our discussions, one of the sleepers evidently got up and went elsewhere, so five hill giants got woken up by a very toasty surprise. Their bedding and clothing sufficiently ON FIRE, they're injured before things even get rolling. The warlock, being opposite us on the other side of the compound, uses the fireballs as his cue to start launching arrows at the leader. He scores a hit... And there's a strange glow from near the fire giant's elbow when the arrow hits. Fascinating... The arrow appears to do much less damage than intended, especially with it being coated in poison. He looks around for the source of these attacks, but can't currently see anyone, since the warlock is a sneaky bastard with VERY good stealth, who ducked back behind the wall out of sight.

With the element of surprise on our side, the sorceror and I are able to serve a second helping of fireball to the now awake, ON FIRE and extremely unhappy giants, before legging it like our own pants are also ON FIRE. (Those bastards carry huge sacks full of very flingable large rocks, and I'd rather not wear one as a hat.) Another sneak-shot from the warlock, but unfortunately this time the fire giant sees him, points in his direction and bellows a command for his cohorts to attack. The huge stone gates very slowly start to get opened (even with giants opening them, they're heavy; anyone with less than giant strength simply wouldn't be able to move them), leaving quite the crowd waiting impatiently near them for the chance to attack. The warlock, meanwhile, takes off running back around the wall, heading toward the other massive gap on the other side of the compound near where the sorceror and I are. He and I begin a hasty retreat so we have some space between us and the incoming army, all the better to fling spells at those too far away to retaliate with anything more than harsh language!

Soon, there is the fire giant, hobgoblin warleader, two hill giants and around 20 hobgoblins actively pursuing the warlock, while the sorceror and I have retreated back to the treeline where the barbarian is itching to get into the fight. It's at this point that she decides to show precisely WHY she's a force to be reckoned with... when she goes full Werewolf! Suddenly, "screw you, I'm immune to non-magical/non-silver weapon damage!" which an unfortunate hill giant finds out when he scores a direct hit upside her head... And she laughs at him, the effect on her being no more than that of the gentle breeze the club created when it swung. The fire giant and hobgoblin leader are different matters though, both being armed with magic weapons, and the hobleader getting multiple attacks per round. He's fast.

As he passes it, the warlock quickly drops a Wall of Fire spell across the large gap in the wall. Surely the enemies still inside (especially those on-fire hill giants) wouldn't try to walk through it? By doing so, they'd be taking 4d10 fire damage! And if they were only able to walk far enough to end up directly in the middle of it, they'd take that much damage again!

Well, it turns out that giants are kinda... lacking... in Intelligence. Maybe, already being ON FIRE, they figured it couldn't hurt to just charge through? Which they do. Straight through a wall of fire, with one of them ending his turn right in the middle of it. Naturally, this scorches them immensely, severely weakening them and making them easier pickings for our barbarian friend, who racks up several kills in the next few minutes, finishing off what we mages started while she's nearly untouchable, carving her way through various hobgoblins and taking pot shots at the giants.

After trying to throw some Firebolts at the enemies and finding they're very hard to hit properly, the hobs wearing Full Plate as they are (often the spell just glances or reflects off it because I have to roll VERY high to hit them with directed spells) and the fire giant... being, y'know, a fire giant, I decide that retreating out of the range of thrown rocks might be a good idea. A Mage Armor spell makes me slightly harder to hit. Once out of range, I decide to make good use of my shiny new staff, and send a disgusting cloud of hopping, biting, crawling nasties right on top of the fire giant and hobleader. The giant makes his save for half damage, but the hobleader isn't so lucky - he gets chewed on quite nicely by the cloud of nasties. Naturally he and his giant friend immediately move out of the cloud; it's a pity the cloud of insects is stationary... I may need to figure out a way to shift it for maximum usefulness later, if such a thing is possible. Maybe through expending more charges to make it controllable?

The fight continues largely without me at this point, with the barbarian chugging potions and zipping around dealing out damage while raging gleefully. The warlock, due to his battlefield positioning, keeps getting clobbered with thrown boulders because he and the giants are just within range of each other for their ranged attacks, and theirs hit harder than his do! Most of the giants who ran through the wall of fire get picked off, with two of them burning to death entirely because they couldn't put the fire out from the initial fireball spells dumped on them. Eventually the warlock covers himself in some Dust of Disappearance and vanishes, being critically injured by yet another rock to the head. The hill giants then turn their attention to the sorceror and myself... Pity the sorceror who's just within range due to trying to get into position to dump a Lightning Bolt down their throats and, WHAM! A well-placed rock to the face and he backs out of the way, having sizzled them for their trouble. How they're still standing is anyone's guess.

Unfortunately for me, I decided that I needed to get within spell range to try and Scorching Ray one of the hill giants, because FIRE! and this fight needs to be finished. Both giants launch rocks at me, the first one misses... The second one hits me for over half of my ability to take damage in one go. This is when I decide that this fight no longer needs me, I use the Insect Cloud ability of the staff to hide myself within my own personal fog of insects (harmless; they obscure vision for everyone but myself, and stay centered on me as I move) and I leg it to safety FAR away from the battle until it's over.

I note here that the battlement isn't cleared as yet, although the remaining inhabitants are very likely to vacate posthaste with what has just gone down. It includes at least two hill giants who felt that staying put, eating and drinking and doing what they please with nobody to order them around was better than getting involved in the battle, plus an unknown number of hobgoblins who took the same approach.

We loot everything that is within reach of us, picking up some interesting (but otherwise useless) items such as various Instruments of The Bard, the fire giant's utterly massive magical greatsword, a +1 longsword from the hobgoblin leader, some cash, some nice gems potentially worth 1000GP or more each, depending on their cut and quality, and it turns out that the fire giant was wearing a bracelet (that's perfectly sized to be a belt for a much smaller creature like a halfling, but too small for standard size humans) that confers poison resistance (thus that flash of light). They will take those huge chests with them, but that will make them very easy to track, and they will be slowed further by the lack of any meaningful leadership. Enough time for us to rest up and restock our blasting capabilities before we track them down and find out just what is in those chests...

-> Volume 6
Last edited by Gingercat on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

macraw83

Re: 1190: "Time" - ENAP: 8

Postby macraw83 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:17 pm UTC

Hooray, another look at the adventures of Torgos! It'll be interesting to see if they chase down the giants in the next one.

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:35 am UTC

I've been guilty of karmic self-sabotage. Yesterday, we were at Canobie Lake Park, and I was totally unprepared for the Log Flume. I could have had some sort of prop for the pic - maybe the MolpyLand board? Missed opportunity. Today I got a phone to use while in the US: the assigned # is (***)***-1191. Surely, if I had made the most of that photo op, my phone number would have been just 1 less. Oops. Actually, that doesn't feel so much of a karmic thing, as it does a Gods-of-Baseball thing. Maybe the Time Gods know the Baseball Gods.

ED! Congratulations on the return of your hair!

Flumble wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:ggh, I had never taken a look at that drawing because I felt like I really wanted to sit and spend some time looking. But I just now took a quick look and noticed about twenty OTTers,including me. Squeee! Some of them are so cleverly done. (Well, they're all cleverly done, but some are especially so.) Steakish! Also found some RELATED items. I did not find Flumble, however. :)

It was hard to find, even when overlaying the original. (spoiler: one javelin-length to the left of the percentage shields)
I think when I get back to NZ I'll overlay the whole thing with a map grid, so we can post solutions in coordinates, and then start a wiki page.

Balthabright, I've been completely enjoying your BFTF paintings. What's in the BG of the last one?

mrob27 wrote:I was one of those who tried to figure it out, and got stuck. I don't think I told anyone. There are some files somewhere, but unknown at the moment, so here's a new image:

Nothing lines up, but you can kind of see that I think the lines represent the then-future coastline (i.e. where the water will be after the Mediterranean is flooded, which hadn't happened yet), the edge of the shallow shelf (where Cuegan were in frame 2579), and the river2 (presumably Rhône). Of course, there's little reason why the Beanies' survey map would be aligned with north at the top. I tried other options but got nowhere.
Yeah, something like what you've got seems reasonable, eh? I just feel like the center of that big circle and that point in the middle of nowhere need to match up to significant things... maybe a peak for the latter. I, too, don't have current access to my visual musings, but I was also trying to factor in the distances between towers - 2/3rds of a day... 20 miles? And then there's this map of France which may hold some clues:
Spoiler:

The next time I see somone with rings on their toes, I'm worried that I'm going to have a giggle fit that gets me in trouble....

Hi ergman! Thanks for fluff!

ZoomanSP wrote:Speaking of punsaws, this is for ucim and lmjb1964:
Spoiler:
I bow to your superior search-fu!

Okay... I'm going to to have to annoy the Minim before I can read the latest Torgos. I've got to molpy down asap; someone on the outside finds my OTTing grating.
Agatha the Awesomeful

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:51 am UTC

Ooh, you're already stateside? Welcome back!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:27 pm UTC

New OtherComic.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:50 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Redundant:
Vitsaagen Ja!

Jose

addams

Postby addams » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:20 pm UTC

I love the Internet.
Because the Internet is where you are.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:45 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

It's a good thing that the OTT has backups, and those backups back up to the OTT.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:22 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Balthabright, I've been completely enjoying your BFTF paintings. What's in the BG of the last one?
Spoiler:

A 401Da locomotive. Picture taken in 2007 in my town.
I used BlitzGirl's colorisations to make the face and clothes.

I return to the OTT after 5 days of walking and we are still on the same page.

I saw a bus which had a black¹ registration plate: "KXA 669A".

¹black - made before 2000. The codes were different then.

Spoiler:
401Da.JPG
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Full song so far:
Spoiler:
Cuegan have a plan.
Salt Crisis is done
we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.
Stolen maps are fun

Feel free to redo those last two lines if they don't work for wherever you're going!.

The Outside killed it for me. :( Ch*rping Outside!

ETA The Outside is also why I'll have to do you-know-what before reading the next awesomeful Torgos installment.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:17 pm UTC

Redundant
Spoiler:
bftfcolor-0610.png
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:44 am UTC

This is my first post from a MTA!

Content to be added later....

ETA:
Cuegan have a plan.
Salt Crisis is done
we can be like they are
Cuegan have a plan.
Stolen maps are fun
addams wrote:I love the Internet.
Because the Internet is where you are.
When all Time blew open and the thread appeared
The Cuegan landed then disappeared
The ice cream flew and then we appeared... saying don't be afraid
Come on OTTers... and we had no fear
And we made a home... then we started to fly
We climbed mustard into the sky... we have nurtured a kinship
We have taken a stand... we have nurtured a kinship
Come on OTTers... don't fear the mustard
Last edited by ggh on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:46 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”