going back to a game that I think had the "standard rules" in it that were not modified (newbie myth, my first game here!)
1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread. You can post in the "discussion" thread in a spoiler tag labeled with this game's name - there you can say anything you want. (Be sure not to read spoilers for games you're playing in!) Other than that, see rule #2.
2. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE THIS THREAD.
3. Please stay on topic.
4. Don't just read through the whole game without posting; if you need to drop out, we'll keep a running tab of players who want to be replacements.
5. Conversely, don't spam spam the thread with low content posts; it makes it hard to actually analyze you.
6. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis. (ie. discussion thread, in spoiler tags labeled with this game's name). Posting at the start of the game with something like "I'll be watching this *munches popcorn*" is fine.
7. Once one of us says that it's nighttime, do not post in the thread AT ALL.
8. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information if you wish.
9. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
10. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.
11. YOU MAY NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. If you made a mistake of some kind in a post, add a new post to correct it (the common term used for this is "EBWOP" = "Edit by way of post".
12. Please use bold text when you have a question or action that the mods need to read. Please don't use it otherwise.
13. Have fun! Posts that are full of mythological flavor goodness are highly encouraged
How would you change them to be clearer? Perhaps some of them, like the one about when it is night, should have a "checkbox" for the mod to select which one is being used. Something like...
 It is night when hammer is cast
 It is night when I say it is night
[X] You guys are screwed, you'll never know when night is!
I dunno, assuming those rules are the standard ones and not edited for that game I took them from, how would people alter them to reflect current needs?
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.
Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."