The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:17 pm UTC

Madge wrote:oh right! I was going to put it on my personal facebook, i remember now. i'll have to do it when i get home. shit, i'll forget.

I had people over for dinner tonight so I forgot to post facebook but I asked people at the table and I think one of them will sign up maybe! Fingers crossed
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:27 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:
wam wrote:Chaos

Spoiler:
So for those wondering the rationale behind the flavour is. 1) plytho framed Moody which as well as making him look guilty to investigative roles makes him look guilty in flavour. 2) Somi kill is loud to balance out the godfather for all roles. Marks kill was loud too but as he died N1 no one noticed. I was originally going to make the flavour more damming but toned it down.

The way I see this going is they lynch Madge. Somi kills either mpolo or sabrar. Sabrar kills somi. Leaving Moody sabrar (due to nk immunity), and possibly mpolo alive. Then sabrar kills mpolo but due to his resurrection unless he guesses Moody right first time mpolo will come back.

So as mpolo is unrecruitables and loses the double vote and becomes a cop I think the most likely outcome is a town cult draw. Which is a result I doubt has ever happened before. Deva or Bessie can you confirm?

Spoiler:
So Sabrar isn't allowed to repeatedly kill mpolo every day, even though presumably his name won't change?

Chaos

Spoiler:
he is allowed to repeatedly kill him but I'm assuming Moody and mpolo will gang up to lynch sabrar
Come join us playing mafia signup here

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:43 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
In the enantiodromia of the world, I now want Madge to be town. If she is the last scum, I finally get a recruit, and it's 2-2 tomorrow, which means that I have to recruit mpolo N4 to negate the double vote. If she's town, scum will kill someone, and it's a coin flip on whether I recruit the NK.
But if it works, I'm ahead 2-1, game over.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 pm UTC

wam wrote:
Vicarin wrote:

Spoiler:
So for those wondering the rationale behind the flavour is. 1) plytho framed Moody which as well as making him look guilty to investigative roles makes him look guilty in flavour. 2) Somi kill is loud to balance out the godfather for all roles. Marks kill was loud too but as he died N1 no one noticed. I was originally going to make the flavour more damming but toned it down.

The way I see this going is they lynch Madge. Somi kills either mpolo or sabrar. Sabrar kills somi. Leaving Moody sabrar (due to nk immunity), and possibly mpolo alive. Then sabrar kills mpolo but due to his resurrection unless he guesses Moody right first time mpolo will come back.

So as mpolo is unrecruitables and loses the double vote and becomes a cop I think the most likely outcome is a town cult draw. Which is a result I doubt has ever happened before. Deva or Bessie can you confirm?

Spoiler:
So Sabrar isn't allowed to repeatedly kill mpolo every day, even though presumably his name won't change?

Chaos

Spoiler:
he is allowed to repeatedly kill him but I'm assuming Moody and mpolo will gang up to lynch sabrar

Spoiler:
Ah, but I think you said that mpolo had only about 5 lives? Just requires Sabrar to be on before both of them manage to vote for 4 days in a row, which seems perfectly possible for him. If mpolo does have infinite lives though, yeah, Sabrar would probably screw up or get bored before guessing the correct name.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:46 pm UTC

Wam's Chaos
Spoiler:
I think we want to avoid the situation where timing of day actions is important. I'm fairly sure Sabrar will ask if he can presubmit a day action to happen immediately, and I think you should let him. His day kill should be faster then speed lynching.

Can he day-kill two people if he guesses both names correctly?

Also, loud mafia kills!? Hilarious and I'm surprised it's having as little impact as it is.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Wam's Chaos Mafia
Spoiler:
Sees none among the records. Lists one "Draw", though. Happened in Werewolf between Town and a normal Mafia-like faction.

(Remembers another Draw not explicitly written between two Mafia factions. Treated that as a Mafia win still.)
Changes its form depending on the observer.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:59 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
Poor Madge :(

I think there's probably a good case that Madge should have fullclaimed here and let herself be modkilled or whatever, but I'll accept that's against the spirit of the thing.

Actually, it's interesting how unchaotic this ended up being. Cult never gets off the ground; it's straight double kill every night; Sabrar hasn't managed to daykill anyone; loud kills by mafia are completely ignored. Kind of funny. Maybe you didn't make it bastard enough :P

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:03 pm UTC

chaos
Spoiler:
Finally, the end is near and I get to read the spoilers...

wam

Postby wam » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:12 pm UTC

Chaos @ laser

Spoiler:
I threw a lot of crazy ideas at this game! But the entertaining thing is town may get a win despite them lynching town very day in the game!

wam

Postby wam » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:14 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
So somi is withholding unfortunately. So that leaves sabrar, Moody mpolo. Sabrar will day kill mpolo so I have to make a decision on how to call this game. Will have a think about what to do.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:49 pm UTC

wam's chaos:
Spoiler:
Don't call it immediately after that happens. Sabrar may decide to either a) hold off the day kill for some reason, or b) if not, mpolo will come back to life and Sabrar may decide not to kill him again, assuming in the process that mpolo comes back to life infinitely, and needs to persuade mpolo to lynch moody. Or something.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:05 pm UTC

chaos
Spoiler:
wam wrote:Deadline is Sunday evening uk time as I'm busy all weekend.
NOOOOOOOOOOO

Killing somitomi tonight, planning to quick-vig mpolo once day starts. Hopefully Madge flips B.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:49 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
TOWN YOU ARE IDIOTS. Maybe I should have faked a whole reads list....

Just going to triple check that wam said I was dead...

I better friggin' flip town so they can kill Sabrar tomorrow.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:11 am UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
Vicarin wrote:Chaos

[spoiler]The main problem with Madge's plan I think is even if she flips town, it's going to take some pretty big logical leaps to get anywhere. And plytho can just mess it up. I think the best piece of evidence would actually be if ConMan released the redirects list, and the Madge immediately said that she shifts one of her reads, that might look interesting enough to get people's attention.

BoomFrog wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Chaos
[spoiler]
A Clever Lady wrote:@Conman: I'm not happy with Sabrar either.

But I'm just as unhappy with Moody, but I'd be happy to vote either.

Now I think about it, I was probably being harsh on Somitomi and giving Sabrar a pass for buddying me.

This is a very nice post by Madge. Town!bessie would understand exactly what happened here. Curious to see if scum!bessie catches it. I'm assuming jimbob will get it because jimbob.

Chaos [spoiler]This wasn't blatant enough, and JimBob has a lot of other things to distract him. If Madge had been like: I no longer think Bessie Sabrar and BoomMan are co-aligned. I think Sabrar and moody are scum. Then I think it might have been noticed.

With less then 24 hours to go and scum smelling blood in the water I think Madge is doomed and her results will be ignored. D3 will be all about mpolo coming back to life then lynching moody. D4 we are going to get to the point where most players realize that most other players are scum and the game is going to get really quiet as somitomi or mpolo asks people why they aren't posting much anymore.

[spoiler]I seriously considered that but was worried wam would get mad at me if I was too blatant, since my role PM said I wasn't allowed to hint. In retrospect it would have been the right call :(

Sabrar wrote:chaotic wam
[spoiler]@bessie: you always say that Madge is brilliant and now that she's the only one seeing the true me me me you don't listen to her...

to be fair having a cop result really helped with me seeing the true you you you :lol:

LaserGuy wrote:Chaos
[spoiler]You're doing great Madge. Problem is everyone else is scum so they have no incentive to try to sort you.

Yeah, I was playing to a certain group and they weren't interested because they had their own stuff. It's sad, i LOVED this role, I tried to use my chaos for good but alas it didn't work. I think the role wouldn't have been as fun for someone like Bessie because they would have used it as intended (i.e. use it to buttress their reads)

@all: really appreciate the lovely compliments for my play! I am glad that people think I did a good job, it really means a lot!

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:05 pm UTC

Madge wrote:I had people over for dinner tonight so I forgot to post facebook but I asked people at the table and I think one of them will sign up maybe! Fingers crossed
Thanks Madge! I was going to recruit someone from my work that has shown interest in the past, but we had a bit of a shake up on Friday. The general manager was shown the door, and a couple other people walked off in protest. Next week I’m expecting several more to leave on their own, and a few others to be let go. I’m likely in one of these two groups I just don’t know which one yet.

Ok we still need a few more for the newbie game, preferably some actual newbies!

wam’s Chaos Mafia
Spoiler:
plytho wrote:Shouldn't you be rooting for somitomi? But you're right, Madge is doing great. I'm pretending I actually got culted by moody right before my death so I'm rooting for him now.
I thought somitomi didn’t need my rooting, as he looked to be in a good position to win this by himself. Unfortunately, he’s overthinking things. He didn’t know about the loud kill and it appears it’s shaken him up a bit. :|

plytho wrote:
Why the hell would anyone want to kill plytho?
I know, right?
bessie in scum chat wrote:I think the best choice is plytho. He’s townie and won’t get lynched, and he’s smart as hell and will probably figure everything out halfway through D2.
So if you don’t want to get night killed, quit being so frickin smart. :P

wam wrote:So for those wondering the rationale behind the flavour is. 1) plytho framed Moody which as well as making him look guilty to investigative roles makes him look guilty in flavour. 2) Somi kill is loud to balance out the godfather for all roles. Marks kill was loud too but as he died N1 no one noticed. I was originally going to make the flavour more damming but toned it down.
So somitomi and Mark were both loud? Hmmm, then I have a bit of an issue with your D2 start flavor here. If Mark was loud you should have somehow indicated it in the flavor, since he did perform the kill on himself. somitomi’s pretty sharp, he might have figured it out that he had the same limitation sooner.

BoomFrog wrote: I think we want to avoid the situation where timing of day actions is important.
+1, QFT, dude you read my mind, etc.

zebra wrote:
wam wrote:Deadline is Sunday evening uk time as I'm busy all weekend.
NOOOOOOOOOOO
8-)

Madge wrote:I seriously considered that but was worried wam would get mad at me if I was too blatant, since my role PM said I wasn't allowed to hint. In retrospect it would have been the right call
No Madge, you did the right thing by understanding the intent of the mod and staying true to the spirit of the game. There’s no pride for town in a win that involves a modkill for trying to skirt the rules.

wam, I’ll be disappointed if this game is decided by the mechanics of who runs out of kill immunities first, or who is the first person on line at day start.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:57 pm UTC

Chaos @Bessie

Spoiler:
was having internet issues at the start of day 2 and it lost half a post. I could have sworn I wrote a sentance about Mark blowing up a room. Maybe j did and the internet ate it maybe I just forgot.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:14 pm UTC

Oh no Bessie! I hope you are OK. Is the job environment such that it's "easy" to get a job or is it going to be a huge pain in the butt?

Speaking of jobs, in a 0.1% level chance, my husband might be moving to work in San Mateo and I might be following him there after a year or so. Is that near any of you guys? It seems like a pretty great place to live and SO MUCH STUFF (our greater metro area has 2 million people in it and the size of the Bay Area is just incomprehensible to me by comparison).

I'll make a new post in the forum games forum advertising the newbie game.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 pm UTC

Not sure where in California bessie is, but freezeblade is in the Bay Area.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm UTC

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=125277 feel free to vouch for the subforum here

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:36 pm UTC

I think I'm going to delay the start date of poker mafia till next week to see if we can get a few more to join.

Just a reminder that this is a newbie game with simple mechanics; you don't need to know anything about poker to play.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote: Just a reminder that this is a newbie game with simple mechanics; you don't need to know anything about poker to play.
And you also don’t need to know anything about mafia to play!

If anyone is thinking of signing up and has questions about the newbie game or about mafia in general, feel free to post your questions here and someone will answer them for you. If you have a question about something involving Chaos mafia, please use a spoiler.

@Madge – San Mateo is about 400 miles from me. I am located in the Orange County/Los Angeles metro area. So if you ever need me I WILL BE THERE IN 7 HOURS!

The job environment is well I don’t know, I was half-assed looking around last month, but like everything in life it’s complicated. I didn’t want to deal with switching health insurance right now. [In the United States, most health insurance is provided by private for-profit companies and usually purchased through your employer, so you switch jobs, you might also have to switch health insurance, unless your new employer uses the same insurance company.]

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:52 pm UTC

I don't think I'll have the time to play until post my next US trip, starting on Saturday for two weeks, but I would be willing to mentor a newbie, if that's of any help.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:40 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
So plan is to start day and see what happens. Think it may get messy but I'm going to give them a day to work out where things are going. If I was sabrar I would actually push mpolo to vote Moody which shouldn't be too hard then he can day kill him next day.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:59 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:chaos
Spoiler:
@wam: why do you do this to me...
Wrong thread?
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:18 pm UTC

Absolutely.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 am UTC

bessie wrote:
LaserGuy wrote: Just a reminder that this is a newbie game with simple mechanics; you don't need to know anything about poker to play.
And you also don’t need to know anything about mafia to play!

If anyone is thinking of signing up and has questions about the newbie game or about mafia in general, feel free to post your questions here and someone will answer them for you. If you have a question about something involving Chaos mafia, please use a spoiler.

@Madge – San Mateo is about 400 miles from me. I am located in the Orange County/Los Angeles metro area. So if you ever need me I WILL BE THERE IN 7 HOURS!

The job environment is well I don’t know, I was half-assed looking around last month, but like everything in life it’s complicated. I didn’t want to deal with switching health insurance right now. [In the United States, most health insurance is provided by private for-profit companies and usually purchased through your employer, so you switch jobs, you might also have to switch health insurance, unless your new employer uses the same insurance company.]

Yeah, jobs are strange. I'm sure you'll have no trouble though, you seem pretty damn switched on!!

The whole health insurance thing is wild. I was telling my husband that as well as making sure the wage will be worth moving internationally for he'll need to make sure the health insurance thing is sorted... and on top of that in the US you have something called at-will employment when you can fire anyone for any reason with no notice? Here, you have minimum notice periods for firing (at least 1 week, up to 5 weeks), and if someone is made redundant (their job no longer exists), they get like 2-3 months of pay. I work for the government so the protections are even more ridiculous - if I decided, for example, that I wanted to roleplay Bessie 24/7 and so spent 7 hours a day playing mafia, so didn't do my job, to fire me it would take about 6 months and I'd get first dibs of literally any job in the government I was qualified for, and if they did fire me, I'd get 2-3 months of payout. It's kind of ridiculous, and the American system seems jarring by comparison.

That said - his job says he gets "unlimited vacation time"... what does that mean exactly? I'm assuming it doesn't mean he shows up for his first day of work, says "I'm taking vacation as of tomorrow", never shows up again, and gets money forever? (AKA that one weird trick employers don't want you to know).

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:04 am UTC

Madge wrote: The whole health insurance thing is wild. I was telling my husband that as well as making sure the wage will be worth moving internationally for he'll need to make sure the health insurance thing is sorted... and on top of that in the US you have something called at-will employment when you can fire anyone for any reason with no notice?
The healthcare system in this country is hmm, complicated, and I am remarkably ignorant about too many things in life, things that I don’t have a pressing reason to know. Like how switching health insurance would work if you are already in treatment for something. My husband is waiting for the results of a biopsy, and if I switch insurance can he continue with the treatment he’s started, will the new insurance take over, or do we need to start all over again? And yes, California is an at-will employment state. Your employer can show you the door on Friday afternoon with no notice. You are also allowed to exit on your own at any time without notice. And on both sides, technically there doesn’t need to be a reason. Note that this usually doesn’t happen because there is a risk that a disgruntled employee can come up with a reason to sue for wrongful termination (like discrimination), so the employer will document a reason or offer a severance package. My husband was “made redundant” once and they gave him three months salary. That said, if a company gets a bad reputation for firing people with no notice they will have trouble attracting top talent, and likewise word may get around if an employee has a history of quitting without notice.

Madge wrote:That said - his job says he gets "unlimited vacation time"... what does that mean exactly? I'm assuming it doesn't mean he shows up for his first day of work, says "I'm taking vacation as of tomorrow", never shows up again, and gets money forever? (AKA that one weird trick employers don't want you to know).
This sounds suspiciously like they want to hire him as an independent contractor, not as an employee, so he wouldn’t be entitled to any benefits. Either way, this would almost certainly not be paid vacation time. Does the job description say anything like “you will be required to fill out Form 1099”?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 am UTC

bessie wrote:
Madge wrote:That said - his job says he gets "unlimited vacation time"... what does that mean exactly? I'm assuming it doesn't mean he shows up for his first day of work, says "I'm taking vacation as of tomorrow", never shows up again, and gets money forever? (AKA that one weird trick employers don't want you to know).
This sounds suspiciously like they want to hire him as an independent contractor, not as an employee, so he wouldn’t be entitled to any benefits. Either way, this would almost certainly not be paid vacation time. Does the job description say anything like “you will be required to fill out Form 1099”?

On the other hand, if this is actually a salaried position. Then "unlimited vacation" generally means, "you will be socially pressured to take zero vacation because there will always be something mission critical going on that needs you here. If you take vacation time we still expect you to check your email constantly and reply to important things."

I would just flat say during an interview, "I took X days off last year, it that within your expectations?" I have a funny feeling that Australians and Americans have wildly different expectations in regards to vacation time.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:27 am UTC

bessie wrote:<3 :D
:D

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:34 am UTC

Yeah, Australian minimum vacation time allowances is 4 weeks per year, with a 12 week sabbatical after 10 years of continuous employment with one employer (government is even more generous in this regard, I just received my 12 weeks after 7 years in the job). I hear in the US 2 weeks for a new starter is considered a good deal...

I'll make sure he asks in the interview whether 20 days off per year would be within their operational requirements, then! Thank you.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:42 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote: On the other hand, if this is actually a salaried position. Then "unlimited vacation" generally means, "you will be socially pressured to take zero vacation because there will always be something mission critical going on that needs you here. If you take vacation time we still expect you to check your email constantly and reply to important things."

I would just flat say during an interview, "I took X days off last year, it that within your expectations?" I have a funny feeling that Australians and Americans have wildly different expectations in regards to vacation time.
Hmm, this is a good point. Madge, Americans usually take about two weeks of vacation per year. And not two weeks all at once. Maybe one week-long vacation, and the other five days are spread out throughout the year. At my work, this year we had to move to a vacation accrual cap because many of us had too much unused vacation and it was a liability to the company because if you leave or retire they have to pay you out. I got paid out for most of it last year (because of the policy change) but I’m probably going to hit the cap anyway because it is never a good time to be away from work. I’ve taken four days so far this year, one of which was because I had jury duty. And I still answered email all of those days. BoomFrog's post was humorous but it wasn't entirely a joke.

Ninja’d by Madge while I was typing this out.

Madge wrote:I'll make sure he asks in the interview whether 20 days off per year would be within their operational requirements
Hmm. Wow. This would be considered quite a lot for a new hire.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:52 am UTC

bessie wrote:Americans usually take about two weeks of vacation per year.
This seems extremely low, is there a difference according to industries? I know that in financial services there is a mandate to take 10 consecutive working days off for people in sensitive positions as an anti-corruption measure. So if that is your whole allotment for vacation during a year then you're really screwed.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:54 am UTC

Conversations like these make me pretty happy to be in Australia too...

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:57 am UTC

And they make me happy to be in the UK. I had 25 days off a year when I first got my job (28 at the moment due to being at the company 5 years). Granted, this is a graduate-only job, so I don't know whether you could expect that in general over here.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----

wam

Postby wam » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:00 am UTC

I get 25 days a year in the UK as well (Not counting public holidays). All the Americans I work with are surprised by how much we get! Although my understanding is US engineering salaries are higher.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:08 am UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_annual_leave_by_country
Wikipedia wrote:[In the United States] There is no statutory minimum paid vacation or paid public holidays. It is left to the employers to offer paid vacation. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 77% of private employers offer paid vacation to their employees; full-time employees earn on average 10 vacation days after one year of service. Similarly, 77% of private employers give their employees paid time off during public holidays, on average 8 holidays per year. Some employers offer no vacation at all. The average number of paid vacation days offered by private employers is 10 days after 1 year of service, 14 days after 5 years, 17 days after 10 years, and 20 days after 20 years.

I have not used more than ten vacation days in the same year for a very long time... This isn't counting the 10 paid holidays we have off.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:13 am UTC

Holy biscuits, 20 days after 20 years????? If you worked for one place for 20 years here, you'd have 20 days every year, and then an extra 24 weeks of long service leave on top of that :| .... also, sick leave comes out of a completely different bucket (so I have 10 sick days a year, and 20 days off, and then probably about 10 public holidays too)

I wonder how he'd feel about getting less than 20 days, he was looking forward to going to Burning Man and taking some time to visit a few different places when opportunities presented themselves. That said, the AUD is extremely poor against the USD at the moment, so even a relatively modest US salary would be quite a lot for us - but then there's the costs of living near the Bay Area...

Speaking of holidays, I'm going to be going up to the Kimberley region in about three weeks and I'm going to extend my trip over the weekend and check out the area around Kununurra! I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I've never been up there (it's kind of an outback / tropical combo environment) so I'm really excited.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:29 am UTC

I find US working practices so weird. In the UK, you are entitled to 4 weeks paid vacation, as a minimum. I've had 5 since I started working after graduating university, and my company offers the option to buy an extra week, if desired.

I've also heard that the norm in the US is for time off due to ill health coming from your vacation time. Is that true? Over here, that's against the law.

As for notice periods, I'm not sure what the legal minimum is, but 1 month is pretty standard, wherever I've worked.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 am UTC

Buy one week? I bought one month this year so I could go to uni and study, and I'm planning on buying 3 months next year so my sabbatical can be 6 months instead of three!!! :lol: I'm milking it!!!

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:49 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Do you think people will believe me about Sabrar now I'm dead? Probably not.

EDIT: Not that it matters. Our last townie is gone. Ugh.

Sabrar still thinks I'm vanilla? That's hilarious. My defense was deliberately uninspired. You spectators can back me up on this, right? I was being comically undedicated to my vanilla town defense.
Last edited by Madge on Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:51 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mafia”