The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Vicarin

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:51 pm UTC

wam wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Chaos
Spoiler:
I think the game is basically Sabrar's to lose. There just aren't enough phases left to eat through all of his immunities.

Chaos

Spoiler:
Yeah I'm now regretting putting them in but it's written now and changing now would be very bastard.

Spoiler:
I don't think its completely out of the question for him to be shot at twice tonight, and then again next night. Or for him to be lynched two days in a row. But yeah, those immunities are going to be pretty brutal if noone actually realises he's probably scum (besides Madge who is currently roleplaying Cassandra).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 am UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
So the main reason why I wanted to kill plytho tonight is because I didn't want any scum to have a chance at killing me. With moody not dying this is impossible so I'm basically at the mercy of fate, in which case I can only hope. However if we suppose that I somehow don't get nk-d then using my last remaining kill tonight is suboptimal, I don't want the situation to be cleared up too much and having a last minute nk available gives much better options for the endgame. So I've decided to trust my earlier assessment and withhold.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am UTC

Wam's Chaos:
Spoiler:
I don't know what the two mafia factions are doing, but IF they both target Sabrar, and Sabrar withholds as claimed, and IF the group attempt to lynch moody again (and succeed), then I could easily see a situation the next night where Sabrar kills plytho, plytho kills somitomi and somitomi kills Sabrar, leaving mpolo and Madge alive and winning! More likely, I suspect is that plytho and somitomi will kill each other, leaving Madge having to convince mpolo to lynch Sabrar with her BEFORE lynching moody again (otherwise Sabrar DKs moody and NKs Madge).

@wam what would happen in a Sabrar versus moody end-game situation, with Sabrar having no NKs left (or moody still having kill immunity)? Does Sabrar win because eventually he'll correctly guess moody's name if he keeps trying?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Right, at least mpolo was honest about his double vote. Also I wasn't that alert at end game and forgot that mpolo could have voted for Madge to bring them at 3v3. Which, actually wouldn't have been a disaster.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
So somi is killing plytho and plytho sabrar. So overnight only 0lytho is dying and 1 of sabrars 2 shot immunities is used up. @jimbob. In that situation I will give it to sabrar as he would eventually hit the right role name.

Side note Moody will yet again not recruit anyone! Also sabrar has a 1 shot lynch immunity that will need burning up.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:07 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
I thought a 1vs1 would result it a tied cross vote and the lynch is decided by wam's SO?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:54 pm UTC

wam's chaos:
Spoiler:
BoomFrog wrote:I thought a 1vs1 would result it a tied cross vote and the lynch is decided by wam's SO?
Good point! I approve of the Chaos of this... (though if Sabrar lost out, I imagine he'd get quite mopey...!)
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:05 pm UTC

Wams chaos

Spoiler:
if it's 1 v 1 at the end of the day yes. But do any of us want to sit through 5 days of sabrar continuously guessing role names?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:26 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
That might be kind of funny, actually... :D

Or just give them a draw or shared win or something.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:46 pm UTC

wam's chaos:
Spoiler:
So there's no limit to how many times Sabrar can use his ability per Day?
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:wam's chaos:
Spoiler:
So there's no limit to how many times Sabrar can use his ability per Day?

Chaos

Spoiler:
he can only kill once per day and I had forgotten about Moody's immunities so yes it would be a draw.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:15 pm UTC

Wam's Chaos
Spoiler:
Ties will be decided by the mod’s other half who has never played online mafia.

It's in bold man, what kind of bastard are you?

1) The day starts with 2 alive, 2 to lynch.
2) They both vote eachother and Sabrar tries out his power.
3) They ask the mod to end the day early.
4) Mod's SO decides who is lynched.
5a) Moody was lynched or Sabrar guessed right. Sabrar wins.
5b) Sabrar is lynched, his immunity saves him. Night is skipped since no one has any valid night actions.
6) Repeat, one more time. With Sabrar getting one more guess and moody hoping wam's SO keeps favoring him.

Okay, yeah that does sound a little boring, and it's never going to happen, but think how epic it would be if moody wins as the no-cult leader who claimed scum D1!?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:54 am UTC

wam's Chaos Mafia

Spoiler:
the other puppy wrote: @bessie: even when we're both scum we don't get to be on the same side... The universe just hates us. :(

It is the stars,
The stars above us, govern our conditions.
(King Lear, 4.3.37)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDkhl-CgETg

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I thought a 1vs1 would result it a tied cross vote and the lynch is decided by wam's SO?
Good point! I approve of the Chaos of this... (though if Sabrar lost out, I imagine he'd get quite mopey...!)
+1, QFT, etc. :P

wam wrote: if it's 1 v 1 at the end of the day yes. But do any of us want to sit through 5 days of sabrar continuously guessing role names?
:shock: Oh me yarm, every cycle moody would get cockier and keep provoking Sabrar, and Sabrar would get more and more frustrated....... wam, you totally can’t deny us of this show if it happens. :lol:

Zenii wrote:/in
<3 :D

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:01 am UTC

Chaos@ boom

Spoiler:
as sabrar (who else) already asked I have pre asked the other half and in that theoretical situation of 1v1 she said it would be a no lynch. So I would guess that at once per day sabrar would eventually get there.....

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:20 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Madge is an idiot. Plytho visited the NK target twice. So of course plytho did one action and another kill. Ugggh. So dumb!!!!!

i'm never going to be able to live this down.

If Wam asks, I'm asking Sabrar why he killed bessie "to promote discussion".
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:32 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Aw, man. I really thought I was going to make it.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:38 am UTC

chaos
Spoiler:
THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

There were 2 kills last night with me withholding. plytho was targeted both N1 and N3 but I'm assuming he was the one trying to kill me so my even/odd theory just doesn't hold up. WTF is happening? Where are the missing kills from previous nights???

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:46 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
I think watching Sabrar getting progressively more and more confused in these Gojoe posts is the best part of this game. Mwhahaahahaaaa....

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
With all those immunities it looks like I wasn't in as good a position as I thought I was. Bah, I don't like losing mid-game, no-one to root for. :( My plan was to kill Sabrar so I'd be the one doing all the talking and lead everyone to their doom. Looks like he gets to do that now :D

@Madge: my reason to nk Sabrar was in part to discredit you, but part of me figured you might be right. I suspected there was a third killing faction out there as I didn't kill bessie.

@Mark: I feel we made a good team. If you hadn't been randomly killed we'd have cruised to D3 at least. (except without the randomness I'd be dead N1)

@Sabrar: my read on ConMan was genuine, as was my recollection of it.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 am UTC

chaos
Spoiler:
I might have been - as usual - a bit hasty in declaring the BP. Remaining B couldn't have known about it, now I might look a more valid target. Oh well, patience was never my virtue.
Need to get moody or Madge lynched today, nk the other, quick-vig mpolo tomorrow to leave me with somitomi whom I get to eventually vig after guessing wrong the first 50 times...

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 am UTC

wam's chaos:
Spoiler:
It seems unlikely to happen, but if Sabrar were to be lynched now, then I suspect he'd quickly be lined up against the wall again tomorrow, as people should hopefully click that lynch immunity + town + day vig doesn't make sense. That in turn should lead to moody's lynch, since town will decide that if Sabrar is scum with lynch immunity, moody probably is too.

Also, I still do not understand why people think Sabrar's ability is town-oriented. Why would scum ever claim their real names, therefore this ability is useless to town???

Also Sabrar's confusion over the lack of a third kill N1 and N2 is funny, because he's missing the obvious possibilities of a) a Doctor, and b) scum double-killing, as happened both nights (I was killed twice N2, Mark or mpolo N1 (I forget who)). Unfortunately, nobody on town seems to have guessed that there might be an unknown killing faction still out there, due to the lack of the extra kill. Kind of reminds me of Smalltown 2 when the number of killing factions was a mystery due to double-kills of players.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:12 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
sabrar must have a method of telling when would be least convenient for me and submitting kills then!

For today I can't see beyond town going we should lynch Moody again. But stranger things have happened.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:04 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Also sabrar sneakily took the last line I wrote on his bulletproof ability.

"You will not be told if you have anymore left."

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:09 pm UTC

chaos
Spoiler:
Seriously guys, what's the huge discussion about? Never saw so many comments to a single game before.
Is it about me me me??? :lol:

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:23 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
So if sabrar goes with his plan somi will take the win for mafia B. As it will be a tie during the day and sabrar will then lose his remaining kill immunity so must guess right first time.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:19 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
SUNUVABITCH!!!

Why the hell would anyone want to kill plytho? Sabrar getting shot at I can kind of understand, he is influential and a good guess at role name would end scum's game real quick (unless he is the last scum and manufactured that PM saying he got shot). mpolo has a double vote, and any death powers are likely to have been played out so he's a good target. somi has been seen as super townie recently, even though he probably isn't influential enough to be a real danger. In retrospect, I should have picked Madge as she was definitely not going to be killed, either because she is scum or scum was setting her up to be a mislynch.

In other news, that watcher flavor. I know it has at least a grain of truth, because I was trying to recruit plytho. But if it's all true, then somi is the last scum and [head explosion].
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:45 pm UTC

wam chaos:
Spoiler:
I'm glad I'm dead, just so that I can read Sabrar's and moody's spoilers. :lol: Also, I'm waiting for moody's head to actually explode!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:18 pm UTC

^
moody7277 wrote:Well, live and learn on the link thing

There's a little white icon on every post (I have a tiny arrow pointing to it at the top left of my post) that always links directly to correct post in sort-by-date.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:33 pm UTC

plytho wrote:^
moody7277 wrote:Well, live and learn on the link thing

There's a little white icon on every post (I have a tiny arrow pointing to it at the top left of my post) that always links directly to correct post in sort-by-date.

Just tried it, and it also works when you're looking at sort-by-author. Muchas gracias.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:44 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
I am baffled that nobody is even considering scum!Sabrar here other than Cassandra!Madge.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:06 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
The Last Mafia wrote:EBWOP: So I actually watched you twice :oops:

That's a scum slip. This is a sincere reaction but somi would have realized that they watched Sabrar N1 during D2 when conman revealed results, so somi wouldn't have been surprised by watching Sabrar twice and wouldn't have had the :oops: emote.

Man, scum hunting is so easy when you already know the answers...

Anyway, no one will care, they will lynch whoever mpolo picks which will probably be moody. I wish the game moody lived to end game was where he was town. I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:38 am UTC

Ok everyone, LaserGuy is hoping to start the Newbie game next week. If there are any lurkers who have never played mafia but would like to give it a try, you really should sign up for Texas Hold’em Mafia! We don’t have too many actual newbie games, so don’t let this opportunity pass! :D

Madge, are you still going to try to recruit some new players?

Everyone else, sign up too because realistically we’re not going to get 10 newbies. Vicarin, if you want to play, go ahead and move your name to sign-ups. I’ll move to replacements if the game fills or if LaserGuy wants to have some replacements available.
But I would really like to play too if the timing works out for me.

wam's Chaos Mafia
Spoiler:
my other puppy half wrote:THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

There were 2 kills last night with me withholding. plytho was targeted both N1 and N3 but I'm assuming he was the one trying to kill me so my even/odd theory just doesn't hold up. WTF is happening? Where are the missing kills from previous nights???
Sabrar’s frustration makes me so happy. :lol:

plytho wrote:Bah, I don't like losing mid-game, no-one to root for.
I’m kinda rooting for Madge. She’s doing a hell of a job.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Also, I still do not understand why people think Sabrar's ability is town-oriented. Why would scum ever claim their real names, therefore this ability is useless to town???
Does anyone but mpolo really think he’s town? Madge knows he’s scum, moody knows he’s scum. I thought I was fairly clear to somitomi in chat about Sabrar, but I think he might be overthinking things. Or he doesn’t trust my reads anymore.
bessie in scum chat wrote:I don't have much for you, and I've been pretty truthful in my reads, except that I believe Sabrar is scum and plytho is not.
Oh well, my scumdar is running at about normal. :|

somitomi has been posting his thoughts in scum chat. He was afraid to start posting in Gojoe after I died because he thought Sabrar would notice that something had changed. I haven’t posted the link because I didn’t feel ready to get in to it with Vicarin yet. :P Speakng of... Vicarin, I have the feedback I promised you. I’m just holding back because to be honest I was a bit pissed off when I wrote it. :(

BoomFrog wrote: I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.
Secret Santa 2017. He was town and made it to the end, both rare occurrences. :P He's doing awesome in this game though.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:45 am UTC

Thanks bessie :)

I can modify the setup to run with 9 if we don't have too many people interested, but I'd really like to see at least one newbie playing :P

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 am UTC

oh right! I was going to put it on my personal facebook, i remember now. i'll have to do it when i get home. shit, i'll forget.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:57 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Ah, that's a bummer bessie. Whenever you're ready.

With regards to Sabrar, if people think that he's scum, then noone seems willing to float the idea apart from Madge. Everyone secretly scumreading him I guess, with noone willing to rock the boat?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:59 am UTC

I was trying to avoid spending too much time at the beginning of the month agonizing over Mafia but if noone's actually going to sign up I guess I'll move out of the replacements?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:Bah, I don't like losing mid-game, no-one to root for.
I’m kinda rooting for Madge. She’s doing a hell of a job.
Shouldn't you be rooting for somitomi? But you're right, Madge is doing great. I'm pretending I actually got culted by moody right before my death so I'm rooting for him now.
Why the hell would anyone want to kill plytho?
I know, right?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:43 am UTC

wam CHAOS
Spoiler:
So Madge is B and should be lynched today. I nk somitomi, vig mpolo tomorrow and win with moody. I could technically vote off moody with the help of mpolo instead but since I will be out of nk-s it would just leave a 1-1 on D6 where the first player to post would win which is ridiculous and should be avoided.
I could also nk mpolo but since moody is more likely siding with town I cannot count on him in a 1-1-1 situation.
I could also nk moody, vig mpolo and win against somitomi but survivor might have BP along with lynch-proof so that's not an option.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:16 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
So for those wondering the rationale behind the flavour is. 1) plytho framed Moody which as well as making him look guilty to investigative roles makes him look guilty in flavour. 2) Somi kill is loud to balance out the godfather for all roles. Marks kill was loud too but as he died N1 no one noticed. I was originally going to make the flavour more damming but toned it down.

The way I see this going is they lynch Madge. Somi kills either mpolo or sabrar. Sabrar kills somi. Leaving Moody sabrar (due to nk immunity), and possibly mpolo alive. Then sabrar kills mpolo but due to his resurrection unless he guesses Moody right first time mpolo will come back.

So as mpolo is unrecruitables and loses the double vote and becomes a cop I think the most likely outcome is a town cult draw. Which is a result I doubt has ever happened before. Deva or Bessie can you confirm?

Edit: I want mpolo to win as a cultist who never recruited but part of me wants to see the oh shit moment everyone else will have when he flips cult.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 am UTC

wam wrote:Chaos

Spoiler:
So for those wondering the rationale behind the flavour is. 1) plytho framed Moody which as well as making him look guilty to investigative roles makes him look guilty in flavour. 2) Somi kill is loud to balance out the godfather for all roles. Marks kill was loud too but as he died N1 no one noticed. I was originally going to make the flavour more damming but toned it down.

The way I see this going is they lynch Madge. Somi kills either mpolo or sabrar. Sabrar kills somi. Leaving Moody sabrar (due to nk immunity), and possibly mpolo alive. Then sabrar kills mpolo but due to his resurrection unless he guesses Moody right first time mpolo will come back.

So as mpolo is unrecruitables and loses the double vote and becomes a cop I think the most likely outcome is a town cult draw. Which is a result I doubt has ever happened before. Deva or Bessie can you confirm?

Spoiler:
So Sabrar isn't allowed to repeatedly kill mpolo every day, even though presumably his name won't change?

Return to “Mafia”