The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:51 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
I really want to lynch SirGabriel so he doesn't receive an answer to his question about number of Mafia (which might get taken as wine but who knows). ahippo not providing any results might be an easy lynch tomorrow, though if it will be revealed that Elaida's win-condition can coexist with Town then we will be hunted either way.
Sucks to have so many lurkers in the game (or who just can't play due to IRL reasons), it's much more fun if everyone contributes.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:24 pm UTC

WoT2:

Spoiler:
I would have loved to have gotten that lynch back on SirGabriel, but was afraid that making the swap late would have looked excessively scummy.

Also, I'm disturbed by how much dim has right. I don't understand his logic on me though. If anything, I feel like GoP pushed the lynch on ahippo. (See his vote practically begging me and Sabrar to vote for him.)

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 pm UTC

WoT2

Spoiler:
Well, that's egg on my face. Put a One Power ward up on JudeMorrigan N1, and he turns out to be the godfathermother.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 pm UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
Well, crap. Sorry, teammates. I tried! Maybe not super-well, but I did!

Things I'd like to reiterate for the record (before I spoiler dive):
- My vote/unvote of Dim on D1 really was just me having flavor fun. As I think y'all may have noticed, I have a really soft spot in my heart for the series and would have made the same joke no matter what.
- I really feel like I would have placed the exact same vote on Diemo for exactly the same reasons on D1 if I had been town. I'm still flummoxed trying to figure out what would have been the right play for town!Jude.
- I still don't understand how dim concluded that I pushed ahippo's lynch (let along single-handedly). If we had gone for SirGabriel, sure. THAT lynch would have been 100% on me.
- Hey, at least I seem to have successfully sniffed out ahippo's faction pretty early at least. That's *something* to hang my hat on.
- But I still know I didn't do all that great. Once again, apologies to my teammates.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 am UTC

I'm going to have to give this a try next game that rolls around. Looks like a lot of fun. Shame I missed the WoT one as I'm a big fan of the series.

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:12 am UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
Ok, looks like things could be a worse. One black recruited and I'm not seeing a watcher or tracker. Here's hoping they conclude I must have had ties to bessie! (sorry, bessie)

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:34 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I'm going to have to give this a try next game that rolls around. Looks like a lot of fun. Shame I missed the WoT one as I'm a big fan of the series.

If you haven't read any spoilers, you could sub in. I know we're looking for a replacement.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:50 am UTC

WoT 2:
@JudeMorrigan
Spoiler:
Yay we suck! For what it's worth you totally nailed me, D1 and you should be proud of that. Turns out flavor knowledge wasn't very helpful. With all the stuff I know now, I have no idea who's going to win. It might just be my dear Elaida!

@jimbobmacdoodle
Spoiler:
So let me get this straight. Carlington is still Black Ajah, but now GoP and Madge think he's on their side? And they can't get rid of the Black Ajah without lynching one of their own? If I'm interpreting it right, that's too good! Also, GoP tried to recruit me N1. Did he know it failed?

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:46 am UTC

WoT2

Spoiler:
So I'm in the non-SirG non-ahippo non-scum cult(faction?). I guess everyone is unaligned and then gets recruited into one of the three. It seems to have worked well because people are using my talking under that assumption as a reason to make me townie.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 am UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
I think we're probably screwed. JudeMorrigan's note mechanic's will give 2 guaranteed townies, plus there is dimochka, Siuan and I need to reveal Madge as also Siuan supporter to get Town cred. This leaves extremely little place to hide, unless some of these coincide (e.g. Madge could be Siuan herself). The only saving grace is they also need to get rid of Elaida supporters, but we likely need 3 mislynches. Hope Madge uses the dagger 'correctly'.
Also me claiming Roleblocker and having blocked ahippo N1 will probably be seen as a too convenient claim to believe.
At least now I know that Carlington is my scum-buddy. Should he get killed and I get suspected because I found him townie D1, then I will be really pissed.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:28 am UTC

ahippo wrote:@jimbobmacdoodle
Spoiler:
So let me get this straight. Carlington is still Black Ajah, but now GoP and Madge think he's on their side? And they can't get rid of the Black Ajah without lynching one of their own? If I'm interpreting it right, that's too good! Also, GoP tried to recruit me N1. Did he know it failed?

Wheel of Time 2:
Spoiler:
Yes, Carlington is still Black Ajah, and in order for Siuan's faction, he needs to be killed. Also, by random bad luck for the good guys, he's now the new Black leader and controls the new kill. I have literally no idea which way he's going to use it! The important thing to note is that it explicitly says in the faction information that a recruit doesn't necessarily mean the target's win condition was changed, so hopefully the two real Siuan supporters don't forget this.

Yes, GoP tried to recruit you and knew it failed due to the fact that you weren't part of his faction - all faction members are informed when a recruit succeeds. That's why he was focusing on you so much.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I'm going to have to give this a try next game that rolls around. Looks like a lot of fun. Shame I missed the WoT one as I'm a big fan of the series.
Hi LaserGuy,

As Gopher mentioned, if you have not read any of the Wheel of Time 2 spoilers from this thread, you are welcome to sub in. Please send me a PM if you are interested!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:08 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Hi LaserGuy,

As Gopher mentioned, if you have not read any of the Wheel of Time 2 spoilers from this thread, you are welcome to sub in. Please send me a PM if you are interested!

I've read some spoilers, so I won't be able to join this game.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:17 pm UTC

WoT2 @LaserGuy
Spoiler:
Probably for the best anyway. This game is way more complicated than a typical mafia setup. Though I'm sure you would have had fun, I wouldn't recommend this game to someone who never played before. dimochka's Diablo game I think will be running next. It should be more normal, and a good place for you to start. :)
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:20 am UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Is Carlington trying to say that he copped me N1 and knows I'm a roleblocker and wants me to block SirGabriel? I assume his 'lovers of logic puzzles' is referring to me, but unless he knows my ability it makes no sense. Unfortunately I don't think I have any other choice then to bus him because it really seems scummy to me and I think others would pick up on that as well. Of course that was the same reason why I attacked JudeMorrigan yesterday, I'm glad it turned out to be better than expected but I really thought that attacking a named character (and the main protagonist at that) would be seen as scummy as hell and I just wanted to jump on the wagon early.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:38 am UTC

Spoiler:
Not sure about Sabrar, my scummate and only surviving co-faction-member, pivoting straight to a FoS on me with no prior suggestion of finding me scummy. Surely he'd know that I'm the faction leader now?

I'm in an even more interesting position now - I can use my own power plus the factional kill and any other factional powers each night. What's more, if I get the factional recruit I can use that, and the factional recruit only fails if a faction member is lynched - not NKed. The upshot being, I can kill the Siuan Sanche faction leader now, having been recruited and thus knowing their ID, without jeopardising the recruit and corresponding growth in power. Then, it's basically what, 1/2 or 1/3 whether I get the recruit out of it, leaving me as leader of the scum faction and the "Siuan Sache" faction, with a kill, a recruit, and a rolecop.

What fun!
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:26 pm UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
Subtlety, thy name is not Carlington or Madge. Why did you go ahead and claim you got a dagger? I suppose you are flavour blind, but you were supposed to keep it quiet, and knock SirGabriel off tonight. It wouldn't stop the recruit, but it would slow their numbers. I'm hoping Carlington's weird post was pointing this out to her. Still, it kinda puts them together in the Siuan faction.

I thought I was a bit blatant yesterday, with disbelieving SirGabriel. I'm pretty sure they know I am Siuan. After all, the reaction to the reveal is what put Jude on my scumdar, and apparently dim's as well.

Sabrar - Unaligned, unknown other ability
mpolo - Unaligned.
Carlington - Siuan's faction. Blue Ajah. Unknown ability
moody / Madge - Siuan's faction. Blue Ajah. One-shot Vig. Unknown ability
dimochka - Unaligned. Green Ajah.
bessie - Black ajah
Gopher - Siuan. Inventor ability
SirGabriel - Red ajah. honest answer.
matt - Double voter.

I recruited Carlington, but I'm still wary that they are part of the black, especially as they are the second blue ajah in the game. I was warned that I could recruit, but it wouldn't neccessarily change their win condition.

Due to the way the votals went down yesterday, I'm thinking dim might have been recruited D1. Either that or no recruit, which would have made SirGabriels gambit almost neccessary. If they targeted Madge, it would make sense why they were gunning for her, as they would have gotten the same result I did with ahippo. Hmm.....
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:58 am UTC

WoT2

Spoiler:
Oh my god, is Carlington talking to me? <--- I think everyone is asking themselves.

I doubt he's talking to me, but on the offchance he is, I'll kill SirG. Besides, people know I'm on Siuan's team now, so I may as well do it.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 2

Spoiler:
Updated setup speculation

Faction 1: Black Ajah, no recruit
Black/White, JudeMorrigan
Black, TBD
Black, TBD

Faction 2: Siuan Supporters, possible recruit
Suian, TBD
Blue, TBD
Recruit(?), TBD

Faction 3: Elaida Supporters, recruiting
Red, SirGabriel
White, ahippo
N1 recruit, TBD

“Faction” 4: Unaligned until recruited
bessie
Diemo
Everyone else

So my best strategy to win this game is to be lynched before I get recruited. I can’t win with Black. I can win with Team Siuan or Team Elaida if I’m unaligned. If I’m recruited, it decreases my chances of winning. I should go all out and try to get lynched. I’ve been working on a post where I go aggro on everyone remaining in the game, but I’m not getting anywhere with it. I just don’t have the heart to do it right now.

For those of you following bessie’s real life, Labrador rescue found us the perfect match! It is unusual to find one so quickly. It can take months. We had two meetings with the dog and were the top pick. We even bought supplies. They only had to interview one more family because it was already scheduled, but we were assured we would likely be getting the dog. I guess the dog just took to the other family’s son. I can’t argue with that, and I didn’t really want to since a kid was involved.

Giddy Fortune’s furious fickle wheel,
That goddess blind,
That stands upon the rolling restless stone.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:08 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 2:
Spoiler:
I think the game is just about in the balance still. If it hadn't been for dimochka nailing one of the Black with his one-shot kill, it would be the Black Ajah's game to lose.

I think if town did a mass-claim now, Black Ajah might or might not be in a bit of trouble. This would confirm Madge and Gopher as Siuan supporters from game start, meaning they aren't Black. SirG is essentially confirmed as Elaida. That leaves 6 players unaccounted for, of whom people will likely (correctly) assume two to be Black. As a double-voter, the general consensus of matt96 not likely to be scum is correct. Dimochka claimed to kill Jude, and this seems like an unusual gambit for scum to pick (though not unheard of, and would kind of make a small amount of sense in this setup). bessie can claim Yellow Ajah and doctor, which although unconfirmed would likely mean she is not scum (indeed, Carlington might have to confirm or get lynched if bessie ever flips). That only leaves Sabrar, Carlington and mpolo, of whom the first two are scum. With nine players left you could lynch all three of them safely and still have a spare lynch to lynch one of the other three neutrals (assuming Madge didn't use her kill to bump off SirG).

On the other hand, a lynch of bessie today gets the good guys no particularly useful information today, but leaves with 5 v 2, which is dangerous even with a double voter, given that it will more likely be 4 v 2 (Madge killing SirG), and potentially MYLO.

As to who is in a better position of the two recruiting factions, I'm not sure. I'd say Gopher's (Siuan's) faction, except that they just recruited scum!Carlington, who is now also the new Black faction leader. I'm still inclined to lean in their direction, as Gopher is likely protected from a One Power kill and Madge can kill SirG if she wishes, leaving dimochka, and potentially another recruit to try to seize control. On the other hand, neither of them are obviously an Elaida supporter currently.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:26 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
I want to read the spoilers so bad...

- It would be great to lynch Madge today and leave bessie for tomorrow (also leaving SirGabriel alive who thinks I'm Town), but it likely won't happen as Siuan's faction will heavily oppose it.
- I hope Carlington realizes the implications on MYLO/LYLO not getting announced, it means he should leave matt96 alive as possible scapegoat.
- Looks like JudeMorrigan didn't send any notes N2, if we had chat we could have used this knowledge to set one of us up as likely Town.
@jimbobmacdoodle: please don't take this personally, I'm sure you put a lot of effort into balancing the game with your co-mods, still I can't help but get frustrated at the seemingly weak scum-abilities we have this game. All will be forgiven if we manage to win at the end (preferably without any modkills as that would cheapen it). :D

Edit: I'm glad SirGabriel took my advice, I think Madge will really enjoy the situation. Though it might backfire if Madge decides to kill one of the unaligned-s instead.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Hopefully Carlington will be able to remain in the background if they lynch me, Madge and bessie both should take heat after my reveal. I'm thinking of claiming some kind of Innocent Child tomorrow if it looks like I cannot avoid getting lynched otherwise. Will definitely mean my death D4 but should be fun until then.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:55 am UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
I seriously don't get this.

Carlington has been recruited by me.

Both Madge and myself know this.

Carlington's faith in bessie must be due to the rolecop ability.

Therefore, bessie must be town. But why wouldn't they just say so? Why do they not want to reveal bessie?

Plus, if Carlington is town, then he knows that myself and madge are town as well. And apparently knows bessie is town. mpolo is town, dim is town. sirgabriel is not scum. That leaves Sabrar and matt as scum.

Yet, he hasn't made these steps of logic? Why not put a vote down on one of the two people who you know to be scum?

If he is scum? Well, I guess we'll see after tonight.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 pm UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
You stupid stupid people......
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Not the ideal outcome, as Madge's kill could have allowed us to win with only 2 mislynches. Still, this is the first time as scum that I was heavily suspected and not lynched immediately, so that's a plus. If I'm reading Carlington's clues right bessie is Doctor but I have no idea who belongs to Siuan's faction. Only Gopher of Pern seems to remain a possibility, but that would mean that they were unsuccessful in recruiting 2 nights in a row (or recruited Carlington). Unless Madge was Siuan and her followers didn't know? I honestly have no idea what's going on in the game. Madge's flip will be interesting...

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:50 pm UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
So, I'm really hoping Carlington is black ajah. Otherwise, my team just screwed up epically. No vote on anyone? Now we lost the NK, as well as a recruit. All because Madge and Carlington didn't vote.

So, if Carlington is black, bessie would be as well. matt was probably recruited N1 by elaida. leaving sabrar, dim and mpolo as neutrals.

If Carlington isn't black, that would probably make mpolo the one to be recruited by elaida, and matt and Sabrar black.

It is quite annoying to have a lurker pop in at the last second and completely change the votals, just because people are too hesitant to put a vote down.

Maybe I should have revealed....but I don't like to. Especially when I don't have a 'cop' result to display.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 2 (@Gopher of Pern, not safe to read):
Spoiler:
Just be thankful. If Madge hadn't protected you yesterday, and Sabrar hadn't changed his roleblock target away from you, you'd have been killed last night, and then Carlington would have been left as the sole Siuan supporter.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 am UTC

WoT2

Spoiler:
DAMNIT. I knew I should have voted for Matt but I didn't want people getting annoyed at me for . Oh well, since I now know everyone on my team (was it Red or Blue again?), time for me to check out the spoilers as I can't replace in again....

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:36 am UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Completely misread the situation as usual. Carlington wanted me to kill Gopher of Pern who is likely Siuan and was protected by moody N1. I think he should have gone for a confirmed townie instead (my choice would have been mpolo) because GoP was still a possible mislynch target. Oh well, doubt I can survive a double-voter who wants me dead.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:43 am UTC

Wheel of Time 2:
Spoiler:
I'll be amazed if Elaida's team don't win it from here. They now have three genuine members, of the eight total. The next two lynched will at worst be matt and Sabrar, so if the Black Ajah don't kill off their team, it won't be long before they control the vote.

I reckon that the best chance Black Ajah have is if Carlington gets recruited to Elaida's team. Meanwhile, Siuan's faction is not looking good unless they successfully recruit matt and the Black Ajah focus on SirG's team.

Sabrar raised an issue with regards to SirG's question power. While it is based on the Oracle power from Trial of the Pariahs, it is not identical. In particular, the only explicit limitation is that it can't be used to ask questions about specific individuals. SirGabriel dud clear the question ahead of time with me, but I realise in retrospect that asking a question about who was voting for a specific individual is actually a violation of that restriction, so sorry Sabrar. My original aim with the ability was for it to provide general information and not specifics, but it was intended to be more useful than the Oracle.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:25 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
For the spectator's amusement here is my planned false-claim for today which will totally fail because of flavor reasons that I'm not aware of:
Memara of the Red Ajah, Jailer, cannot be recruited, wins with Town but achieves bonus win if both Siuan and Elaida die as then she could become the strong leader the unaligneds are looking for because of her determination and conviction.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:40 am UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
There is still a chance of winning, my plan is the following assuming everything clicks together (and while I'm at it could I win the lottery please?):
D4 we mislynch matt, hopefully Carlington kills SirGabriel as the only remaining investigative power left in the game (or so it seems)
D5 they lynch me, Carlington kills mpolo or dimochka (probably the former as dimochka is vanilla)
D6 they mislynch bessie who I've been defending way too hard, Carlington kills someone and wins the game

However there is an increasing chance of mod-kills happening which would screw things up terribly. Obviously Carlington getting hit by it is terrible, but if matt is mod-killed before the end of the day then we would most probably lynch Carlington D4 which results in the same thing. Even if we lynch bessie there won't be enough non-confirmed townies left to have a chance.
So strange as it may seem, I really need matt96 to come back and defend himself.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:22 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Bad puppy!

I'm never going to be a good scum player if I continue to make such huge scum-slips. I should really learn to keep my mouth shut but I just have this compulsion to reply to every little thing. It will be a miracle if they don't notice it.
@Carlington: sorry buddy, that's entirely on me.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:36 am UTC

Wheel of Time 2

Spoiler:
Sorry about that Madge. I'll try to get you a win, but I have a feeling the scum team may win this. The "town" members are being too reluctant to share results, probably because they don't want to help the other faction. Or no one has any useful results. Or the scum team is very clever and playing well. Or all of the above.

Carlington, I did what you asked me because I thought you were Siuan Sanche. But I'm not sure any more. Sort of the way this entire game has been going for me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:43 am UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Just realized that Carlington might not want to kill SirGabriel tonight because he has a noble heart and he wants to give me the chance to convince Town of my innocence. That means I simply have to block SirGabriel tonight otherwise he might get info indicating Carlington. Also means I definitely won't survive D5 but that was always the plan.
Hate not being able to coordinate, even the tiniest bit.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:46 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
I didn't mention it in thread, but I received a gift overnight - an ivory statue - which essentially acts as a doctor for someone. Mainly didn't claim because why claim doctor power? Will probably use on SirG tonight as our fearless leader.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
So I think Carlington claiming to be RoleCop was a bad idea because as the game goes on it will be harder and harder to avoid the questions of a) why is he not dead yet and b) why did he not investigate possible scums? Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it now, I considered claiming to have jailed him hoping that he reads my comment before posting but there never was any good opportunity to do that and without having chat I cannot let him know to make the first move.
And I just remembered that he claims bessie is Town from his pov (probably N1 result which I'm very surprised others haven't picked up on yet) so he cannot help mislynch her, but Gopher of Pern must be Siuan so there will no place left for him to hide. Do we really need to mislynch SirGabriel???

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:56 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
This is me being bored and spending too much time on Mafia again.

Speculation: bessie is Doctor
Reason: Yellow Ajah is healer, hinted by Carlington here because the only way Carlington's later content about bessie being 100% Town makes sense is if he copped her N1 and the 'feel safe because gained info earlier' must refer to bessie being able to protect her. This is all public info so everyone should be able to figure this out.

Speculation: mpolo can use his newly gained ability N4 despite not receiving email from jimbob
Reason: ability is extremely slow otherwise, best case scenario would be copying someone N2, receiving confirmation N3, using ability first N4. I can't see jimbob making a mistake, my best guess would be that he thought copying the ability would be self-explanatory and mpolo for some reason thinks another pm is required.

Speculation: abilities resolve in following order: my Roleblock, mpolo's ward, bessie' protection, scum's NK
Reason: this is the most normal and logical way to resolve things.

Now unto the more interesting stuff, what will happen N4 (assuming matt96 is lynched). SirGabriel is basically confirmed Elaida, town needs him alive, scum wants him dead. Relevant abilities listed above. Let's further assume that everyone is a master logician, pays extremely close attention to every little thing being said and plays perfectly. As if.

Let's consider mpolo's pov: he should realize that bessie is Doctor as mentioned above. Doctor is strictly a townie power, even more than double-vote. bessie likely would protect SirGabriel using the One Power, so in case the NK happens by traditional means he can protect SirGabriel from that one. This also means that his ward will not be removed by bessie's ability. Overall this is the most logical thing to do right now for him.

Let's consider bessie's pov: if she thinks it through at this level, she should arrive at the same conclusion. Also she can't be sure that mpolo will be able to use his ability tonight afterall. Therefore she should feel safe to protect SirGabriel.

Let's consider Carlington's pov: I pointed out how dangerous SirGabriel is, he will probably think that I want us to kill him (he doesn't know my ability so has no idea that I could block him but theoretically could arrive at this conclusion from my content and claimed color). He knows bessie is Doctor, mpolo maybe has wards, so it is risky trying to kill him without any help, so he has two possibilities:
- leave SirGabriel alone, trusting me to roleblock him (which I did not do last night and he can1t be sure that I can anyway), or
- trying to kill SirGabriel, hoping that I have some plan for it to succeed or just because it's absolutely necessary.

So overall if Carlington decides to kill SirGabriel I have to block bessie, if he leaves him alone I need to block SirGabriel. Have I mentioned how fun is it not being able to coordinate?

Anyway this will probably be invalidated once Gopher of Pern reveals himself as Siuan and posts whatever info he has.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:36 pm UTC

WoT2
Spoiler:
Should not post right now, feeling extremely frustrated/pissed. Can't really enjoy the game.

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:53 pm UTC

WoT2:
Spoiler:
I feel like the false-claimers are forgetting:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Unlike the previous game, most or all players will not have characters that feature in the books.
If anyone points out that rule, Sabrar might be looked at with more suspicion.
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Return to “Mafia”