Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 3 - An Unexpected Twist)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

SuperJedi224

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 1)

Postby SuperJedi224 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm UTC

Well, that is interesting.

vote Vicarin
My youtube channel.

New avatar by adnapemit.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:25 pm UTC

SuperJedi224 wrote:Well, that is interesting.

vote Vicarin
Please explain why.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 pm UTC

Wow...

/slow clap for Sabrar
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:50 pm UTC

With that flip, Vicarin is a dead man walking. I have homework in checking up on what Sabrar was pointing out about Mark, but I was already seeing him as independently scummy anyway.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:08 pm UTC

Plytho looks a lot better as I seem to remember Bessie doesn't bus.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:11 pm UTC

I agree Vic looks worse but if scum were a team that only had Bessie out of sabrars triplets he would have definitely been my nk choice but that is wine.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 pm UTC

vote SuperJedi224

You need to explain your thoughts out loud. We can't judge you if you don't share. And if we can't judge you then you just get lynched by default later in the game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 pm UTC

Vicarin looks very bad now.
FOS: Vicarin
Sabrar seems to be right. I think we need to take this with a grain of salt though. I could see mafia killing Sabrar to make Vicarin look bad, especially if Bessie knew she was gonna get lynched.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Vicarin looks very bad now.
Sabrar seems to be right. I think we need to take this with a grain of salt though. I could see mafia killing Sabrar to make Vicarin look bad, especially if Bessie knew she was gonna get lynched.

Why does Vicarin look any worse than you?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59 pm UTC

I don't think wam's vote means anything since bessie was already looking to be the lynch, but I really like this:
wam wrote:
moody7277 wrote:You know what, I'll say wagon ho on bessie. I just want someone else on her in order to switch so I'm not making a tie.

We have enough time to fix ties...

SuperJedi224

Postby SuperJedi224 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Please explain why.

BoomFrog wrote:You need to explain your thoughts out loud. We can't judge you if you don't share. And if we can't judge you then you just get lynched by default later in the game.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to plytho earlier, but my reasons are essentially as follows:

• Moody pointed out an apparent connection between bessie and vic late day 1. Apparently Sabrar had made a similar comment previously.
  • While I had suspected at the time that bessie and vic were both town, apparently this is not the case as bessie has since flipped scum.
  • In addition to this, Sabrar ends up being the mafia's first target on night 1.

Vicarin does seem to be the most likely suspect at this point.

-=-=-=-=-=-

LIKELY TOWN
Moody
Plytho

DON'T KNOW
Polo
Somi/Somi Repl.
Mark
Frog
Wam

LIKELY SCUM
Vic
My youtube channel.

New avatar by adnapemit.

SuperJedi224

Postby SuperJedi224 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 pm UTC

...and I guess I forgot to put Zen on that list. She can go under "don't know", probably just above frog.
My youtube channel.

New avatar by adnapemit.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:17 pm UTC

Ahahaaaasha...

Ok, sorry Sabrar, you were right and I was wrong (on bessie :P ). Of course I defend bessie when she's scum and doesn't go after me, ugh. Part of the reason I was viewing her as townie was because you were wrong about me. Guess I'll need to check Gojoe after the game for any of your further thoughts...

Well, I'm going to go with what I was suspecting was the case if I was wrong. After I posted my reads list yesterday, bessie's list ended up being very similar to mine, and then SuperJedi finally posted his, which was similar to both of ours.

Vote: SuperJedi

I'm expecting everyone will keep me pretty busy with questions, so what do people want to know?

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:25 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Vicarin wrote:moody: want to come back over to SuperJedi seeing as you were actually finding him scummy and deserving of a vote earlier?
What made you think moody might be wanting to switch back? Did anything change between his switch and this question?

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:30 pm UTC

SuperJedi224 wrote:my reasons are essentially as follows:

Moody pointed out an apparent connection between bessie and vic late day 1. Apparently Sabrar had made a similar comment previously.
While I had suspected at the time that bessie and vic were both town, apparently this is not the case as bessie has since flipped scum.
In addition to this, Sabrar ends up being the mafia's first target on night 1.
This is great stuff! Keep it up and you'll probably survive the day.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:35 pm UTC

Moody had been voting for him earlier, and I was wondering if he'd switch back seeing as I thought his reason for switching in the first place was kind of bogus.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:38 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Sabrar seems to be right.

Partially right. You know he was reading bessie and us as the entire scum team, right? I'm sure from your PoV he was wrong about something :P

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:43 pm UTC

Are the safe claims not part of the role PM information that town receives upon a Mafia member's flip?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:52 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Are the safe claims not part of the role PM information that town receives upon a Mafia member's flip?

Safe claims are not revealed on flip.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:59 pm UTC

For reference, the ordered town-scum lists that I was talking about. Spoilered because otherwise this post is stupidly long.

Mine

Spoiler:
Vicarin
BoomFrog
bessie
moody
Zenii
Mark
wam
Sabrar
somitomi
mpolo
SuperJedi
plytho

bessie's
Spoiler:
bessie
moody7277
Vicarin
BoomFrog
Zenii
mpolo
Mark_Cangila
SuperJedi224
wam
somitomi
Sabrar
plytho

SuperJedi's
Spoiler:
SuperJedi
Moody
Bessie
Vic
Mark
Frog
Polo
Wam
Somi
Zen
Plytho
Sabrar

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:25 am UTC

Zenii wrote:

Why does Vicarin look any worse than you?

He was much more closely associated to Bessie. He also looked like Sabrar's next target, and Sabrar is dead now.
Vicarin wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:Sabrar seems to be right.

Partially right. You know he was reading bessie and us as the entire scum team, right? I'm sure from your PoV he was wrong about something :P

Of course. I thought that was implied, sorry. I'm scumreading you because of Sabrar and Bessie flip, but I'm also wondering who would like to lynch you. I'm currently looking at Plytho and SJ based on your reads.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:52 am UTC

I actually seriously doubt bessie would try to bus plytho THAT hard D1, haven't seen her try to do that before. Would also require plytho to bus her right back, being 2nd on the vote. So I'm willing to file plytho as town for the time being.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 am UTC

Madge replaces somitomi effective immediately

Vicarin

Re: Texas Hold'em Mafia (Day 2)

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:24 am UTC

Hope you've been keeping up with reading the thread in preparation of this Madge :D

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:51 am UTC

Guys, stuff it. I'm going to play my way.

I can't scumhunt.

So: I'm a vig. I'll shoot vicarin tonight if you want. Otherwise, underline vote and I'll get whoever that is in addition to the majority vote. I'm not guaranteed to do what town tells me, but I'll consider it.

I've skimmed the first part of D1, but not the latter part of D1. I'm getting that Sabrar fingered Bessie. What did Vicarin do?

NOTE: I will be away for basically the 23rd-28th. I will have VERY LIMITED mobile internet access. I may have decent coverage with my work mobile but my work mobile is slow AF and I want to minimise the amount of tethering I do. I'll struggle to keep up. Like, I'm literally going to be "in the outback" (not literally the outback is not the tropical part of the state wher eI'm gonna be, but it's gonna be lots of red dirt and open plains of nothingness)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:58 am UTC

I unequivocally supported by against plytho and Sabrar's arguments, because I didn't think their arguments had much merit. Especially Sabrar's, as he was trying to accuse me and Mark of being scum too. Of course, I was wrong, so I end up looking like a complete idiot today :P

This is basically the worst day for a vig to claim, seeing as an even night roleblocker is a possibility, but ok. Keep your suit secret in case someone else claims vig as well.

Did somitomi try to shoot anyone last night?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:00 am UTC

Phone autocorrected bessie to by in the first line, ugh.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:12 am UTC

Somi withheld. I would've too.

Probably a bad day to claim but trying to play against my meta the past year or so has had bad results, so stuff it, let me claim in my first post and see what happens.

Being wrong isn't scummy.

I'm interested why Sabrar was killed. He'd already "gotten his way" when night fell, so it wasn't to protect Bessie, who else was it to protect? Unless it was pre-submitted kill?

I'm going to eat lunch but after I've done that I'll look over Sabrar's posts.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:16 am UTC

Probably to make me look worse because he'd immediately tear into me and Mark after feeling vindicated by the flip? Also, bessie had said that she'd initially interpreted Sabrar's confirmation post as a breadcrumb that Sabrar was a PR of some kind, so although Sabrar denied this near the end of the day, scum might have thought there was still a decent chance of him being one (me and Sabrar had been talking a fair bit about probabilities of people being PRs)?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:33 am UTC

I mean, today we've had

plytho wrote:What a great start!

Vote: Vicarin

who was strongly reading me as town most of the way through the day yesterday,

SuperJedi224 wrote:Well, that is interesting.

vote Vicarin

same as above,

moody7277 wrote:With that flip, Vicarin is a dead man walking. I have homework in checking up on what Sabrar was pointing out about Mark, but I was already seeing him as independently scummy anyway.

who was reading both of us as decently town before deciding to jump onto the bessie wagon assuming that at least one of her and Sabrar was scum, and,

despite being in the same boat as me.

So clearly being wrong is scummy to a bunch of people :P

I think the writing was on the wall for bessie for a bit before the lynch (I made a last ditch attempt to save her and got absolutely nowhere), so I don't think it was a last minute change of target to Sabrar or anything. Scum clearly had a plan in place once they knew bessie was going down (daychat and all).

I think claiming was fine here, given that somitomi was lurking a bit and then you'd probably have drawn some flak. Only thing is we don't know whether scum has PR safeclaims or not (Sabrar was almost certainly just overconfident with making assumptions about the game state early on considering the rest of the day...), so there's a very small chance you're scum, but I think it'd be a really bad move to try to claim vig here as scum even with a fake claim seeing how long you'd need to keep up the charade in order to get by.

Main issue with the claim is that there's absolutely no way of protecting you, so there's a pretty decent chance you'll just die tonight. Unless you're fake claiming vig as VT in which case you're the best :lol:.

I assumed it was a withhold going by how unlikely the alternative was, but would have been nice to almost certainly nail scum though if there was the odd JOAT and they'd tried to doctor N1 (as I'd assume noone would block somitomi N1).

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:38 am UTC

Vote: moody

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 am UTC

Oh hey Zen! Not that I particularly oppose that vote, but why?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:07 am UTC

Scum killing Sabrar seems like a stupid move. Everyone knows that if he survives to D2, he is scum or was protected… No time right now for anything substantive — just couldn't resist checking in before breakfast.
Image <-- Evil experiment

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:15 am UTC

Sabrar would love to be scum with Bessie and no way he'd drive the lynch in her D1 as a mate. Therefore he was virtually confirmed town and scum had to kill him.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:16 am UTC

Also, I officially declare that Madge is town and no one should question her.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:22 am UTC

No issues with Madge being town atm.

Do you think anyone in this would bus bessie D1 or do you think everyone on the wagon is town?

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 am UTC

I'm still town reading Vic. Although Sabrar was right, I think the points Vic were making were valid. I also don't think it's likely scum would so overtly tie themselves together, especially seeing as bessie was a goon.

I don't buy moody's reason for voting bessie. I don't like his hesitance to voting (the quote wam responded to that I posted above). His non-commital read reads like a partner read ("not auto town reading" instead of "scumreading"). I also think it's weird how much weight he's been putting on the bessie + vic pair. I think he was pandering to Sabrar here, and very well knew Sabrar already thought this. His sudden change from the two of them (bessie + vic) to not being votable to votable in the span of those two posts was scummy af.

I don't think plytho v bessie is s v s, but I cannot for the love of me comprehend plytho's logic on the no comment post. For a while I had plytho and sabrar as aces (until these two posts: a b) and figured he was just using flimsy reasoning to justify a read on someone he knew was town. That **** seriously made no sense, but plytho is town anyways so whatever.

Boom is good. wam is good. mpolo is good.

moody is scum. Remaining is between Jedi and Mark. Madge should shoot between them. Madge could still be scum as well. Until there are two kills during the night, she is not confirmed. The role is provable though so there's no need to worry about it unless mylo/lylo. No other vigs should shoot.

I'm going to be pretty busy these next few days and I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get on. I may have some time tomorrow, and if I get everything I need done, Monday evening. If not, it will probably be Tuesday. Lynch moody in the meantime.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Also, I officially declare that Madge is town and no one should question her.

Thanks? But why?

plytho

Postby plytho » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:48 am UTC

Some thoughts:

The nk was always going to be Sabrar or me. So I wouldn't read much more into the reason for a Sabrar lynch than taking out the strongest townie.

Vic was going to be the target today with or without Sabrar.

Vicarin wrote:
plytho wrote:
plytho wrote:
Vicarin wrote:moody: want to come back over to SuperJedi seeing as you were actually finding him scummy and deserving of a vote earlier?
What made you think moody might be wanting to switch back? Did anything change between his switch and this question?

Moody had been voting for him earlier, and I was wondering if he'd switch back seeing as I thought his reason for switching in the first place was kind of bogus.
I'm taking the answer to my second question is no, then?

This post pinged me so hard yesterday. If it wasn't for that (and the fact that Sabrar had been emphasising the vic-bessie link) I probably wouldn't be voting for Vicarin right now.

It reminded me of my own attempt to stay alive in Fridge mafia, focusing on moving votes rather than lynching scum.

I'm not calling you scummy for being wrong, I'm calling you scummy because your last ditch attempt to save bessie doesn't look like it's coming from a townie place.

Vicarin wrote:I actually seriously doubt bessie would try to bus plytho THAT hard D1, haven't seen her try to do that before. Would also require plytho to bus her right back, being 2nd on the vote.
The other way around actually.

Madge wrote:Unless it was pre-submitted kill?
All actions need to be pre-submitted as per rule 5 of the Game Specific Rules (IMPORTANT: Please Read)

I agree that madge with the confirmable claimed power is very likely town.

mpolo wrote:Scum killing Sabrar seems like a stupid move. Everyone knows that if he survives to D2, he is scum or was protected…
Yeah, no, not how things work. For one, there's no town protection. For two, anything "everyone" knows is wine. For three, not everyone knows that. I'm pretty sure if Sabrar were alive he wouldn't be a target for the lynch at all. Would you seriously be voting Sabrar if he lived now?

Zenii wrote:I don't buy moody's reason for voting bessie. I don't like his hesitance to voting (the quote wam responded to that I posted above). His non-commital read reads like a partner read ("not auto town reading" instead of "scumreading"). I also think it's weird how much weight he's been putting on the bessie + vic pair. I think he was pandering to Sabrar here, and very well knew Sabrar already thought this. His sudden change from the two of them (bessie + vic) to not being votable to votable in the span of those two posts was scummy af.
Zenii wrote:mpolo is good.

I felt a similarity between moody and mpolo's motivations for voting bessie yesterday. Can you elaborate why mpolo is good?

I would expect a better post quality from SuperJedi if he was scum with bessie.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am UTC

Yeah, I was trying to move votes from town to scum, so that scum would get lynched. I obviously failed at that, on two levels. Are you saying that if I really don't like where the lynch is going, I shouldn't try to get people to move it? I was actually inspired by Sabrar's efforts in the last 4 or so hours of NNYM D1, where he managed to convince enough people to go for PW and avoid mislynching flicky, but I clearly can't live up to that. Also, I needed sleep :P.

If you're arguing that bad, unhelpful posts from SuperJedi mean that he wasn't scum with bessie, then what behaviour would convince you that he was? If he's townie, then that's a town indicator, but if he's not, well, bessie would fix that?

Return to “Mafia”