Wams chaos game day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:02 am UTC

bessie seems to take the "moody=sacrifice" thing for granted but I'm not convinced. Also as jimbob noted it's strange that she didn't place a vote even just as a place-holder in case she won't have the opportunity later, she usually knows better than that.

I find ConMan's list a bit baffling, especially jimbob's place in it. His commentary feels like a cop-out and he is just going with the safe lynch even after he declares it a bait. I'm happy to leave my vote where it is but will switch if necessary to avoid potential ties.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:12 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
plytho wrote:Yeah, pretty sure that was a slip.
Assuming this is what I think it is, I'm not convinced it's an alignment-indicative slip.
Why not?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 am UTC

plytho wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
plytho wrote:Yeah, pretty sure that was a slip.
Assuming this is what I think it is, I'm not convinced it's an alignment-indicative slip.
Why not?
I assume we're referring to ConMan putting mpolo in place 11 (not at the end)? Because I don't know what format he received the results in. Do you think the fact that he forgot about Mark is effectively a slip that shows he is scum, or that he is just making stuff up now? If the former, how does the slip show he is scum?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Madge wrote:Your support of me blinded me to your scumminess, but I've realised what you were doing.
What was he doing?


I really can't say; it's honestly just the vibe of the thing.

I really, really don't want to vote for ConMan. I feel he's a prime scum vote target because his power can stuff them up so handily. I honestly feel pretty strongly about Sabrar, which is unusual for me, and I'm still not entirely sure what it is. Just something leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby somitomi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 am UTC

plytho wrote:
somitomi wrote:
plytho wrote:Yeah, pretty sure that was a slip.

What was?
Isn't it obvious? It feels pretty obvious to me.

I'm not even sure which post you're responding to, so obviously not.
—◯-◯

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I assume we're referring to ConMan putting mpolo in place 11 (not at the end)?
Nope.

The point is that the two lists I referenced were made by Wam. One is the player list and the other is the "random" redirect.

I noticed a discrepancy in mpolo's place in the left side of the redirection list compared to the player list.

ConMan's explanation for that discrepancy involves him moving mpolo. But if these are wam's lists he couldn't move mpolo.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 am UTC

plytho wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I assume we're referring to ConMan putting mpolo in place 11 (not at the end)?
Nope.

The point is that the two lists I referenced were made by Wam. One is the player list and the other is the "random" redirect.

I noticed a discrepancy in mpolo's place in the left side of the redirection list compared to the player list.

ConMan's explanation for that discrepancy involves him moving mpolo. But if these are wam's lists he couldn't move mpolo.
I'm still not entirely following. AFAIK we don't know exactly what form ConMan received the results in, so any reference to moving stuff is irrelevant to the lists you posted?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:14 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: any reference to moving stuff is irrelevant to the lists you posted?
Exactly, that's the slip.

The lists I posted, one directly from wam, one from wam by way of ConMan, show an discrepancy in mpolo's position. The way ConMan posted his list shows the left column (original targets) following the player order for every player except mpolo.

Spoiler: the lists again
Spoiler:
1. heuristically_alone
2. Sabrar
3. moody7277
4. Madge
5. Vicarin
6. plytho
7. BoomFrog
8. jimbobmacdoodle
9. bessie
10. somitomi
11. mpolo
12. Mark_Cangila

(1) heuristically_alone, (2) Sabrar --> moody
(3) moody --> Madge
(4) Madge, (11) mpolo --> Plytho
(6) Plytho --> mpolo
(7) BoomFrog / ConMan --> Mark_Cangila
(8) jimbobmacdoodle, (9) Bessie --> Sabrar
(10) somitomi --> jimbobmacdoodle
(12) Mark_Cangila --> Bessie
nobody --> heuristically_alone, BoomFrog / ConMan, somitomi


According to ConMan both of these lists come from wam.
ConMan wrote:Nope, that's because I got the list in a slightly different format, then when I re-wrote it into this form I realised I missed mpolo so I stuck him on the end.
ConMan says he rewrote the list and that explains the discrepancy, because he missed mpolo and stuck him on the end.

mpolo is only near the end on the player list, which ConMan obviously had no control over. Odd. So any moving of mpolo must have happened on the other list. ConMan is saying it was reformatting, so no functional moving. The problem is that mpolo is functionally linked to Madge (both redirect to me) so he had no control over where to put mpolo. So the discrepancy can't be explained by formatting.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm UTC

Note that ConMan didn't say: "well, that's the list I got from wam, I had no control" he said "It looks like that because I moved mpolo"
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:56 pm UTC

Did that make things clearer?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:24 pm UTC

I think plytho's issue is not relevant.
The order that ConMan gave us is in fact very logical (original player list order but grouping together those who were redirected to the same player).
Therefore plytho's original inquiry is not well-founded, the explanation that mpolo was moved to his natural place in the list is simple and believable (notice that in the other 2 cases where 2 players were redirected to the same player, these 2 players are adjacent - 1,2->3 and 8,9->2 - so the order before and after grouping would not differ, now we can go into whether this is likely given a supposedly random redirection but that's another matter).

OTOH I have some issues with ConMan saying that he 'missed' mpolo as he isn't even the last one in the order so ConMan would have had to manually transcribe or reconstruct the list in order to leave him out.
It would have been much easier to figure this out if ConMan had just quoted the pm he received from wam (you can check the rules, this is allowed). Of course now I'm not sure it would be a good evidence after all this.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:37 pm UTC

I've been trying to think through which of ConMan and Madge we should lynch. It doesn't look like moody is getting lynched today. I think both ConMan and Madge are scum, and I feel like they're about equally likely to be scum, so which we pick from that point of view doesn't really matter too much. Is one of them more dangerous as scum? I have no idea. Somehow, I doubt Madge is vanilla scum, so really, we can't answer this question even if scum!ConMan is telling the truth about his ability. I don't want a mass-redirecting ability in the hands of scum, however. Flipping it around, and assuming I'm wrong about one (or both) of Madge or ConMan, who is less of a loss to town? Clearly, Madge is, since VT is inferior to any PR (ConMan could always withhold). Is a mass-redirection power actually beneficial? It hurts both town and scum, town because it means players can't plan their targets at all, and scum, because their kill(s) might backfire onto them. Normally, I'd say it's not useful at all, but in this game, I'm not sure. I'm assuming that in a multi-ball scenario, the scum teams are just as likely to be trying to kill each other as town, so there's not really much benefit in trying to redirect them. Conclusion: I think ConMan's ability is not really beneficial to town, and I propose that I switch to voting him, because it is likely his (claimed) ability is more dangerous in scum's hands.

Thoughts Sabrar, plytho, somitomi (and anybody else, not that I'll be paying much attention to you)?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Did that make things clearer?
I think I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure it really drives my read of him.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:05 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Is a mass-redirection power actually beneficial? It hurts both town and scum, town because it means players can't plan their targets at all, and scum, because their kill(s) might backfire onto them. Normally, I'd say it's not useful at all, but in this game, I'm not sure. I'm assuming that in a multi-ball scenario, the scum teams are just as likely to be trying to kill each other as town, so there's not really much benefit in trying to redirect them.
From a pure math perspective I don't agree with this conclusion. Each scum faction will choose their target outside their own team, thereby limiting the potential target-pool to {town, other scum}. A mass redirect does not take into account teams (I would assume) so the potential target would be coming from the whole player pool, thereby it would be objectively better for us. The downside is that Vig can't really shoot if s/he knows it will be redirected. I think the other most common abilities are less affected: if Doc or Watcher guesses correctly they will be redirected to the same player that was the nk-target, Cop and Tracker lose some functionality but still get results (provided ConMan survives, which given 7 remaining players would be about 83%, 69% and 58% in case of 1, 2 or 3 nk-s respectively).
Of course this is all assuming he is town.
Initial impression is that if we assume both of them are scum then we should lynch ConMan so we can trust our results. If we have doubts about that then we should lynch Madge.
Will think about it some more.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:08 pm UTC

Vote conman

When I get voted off tonight and flip town tomorrow, please vote sabrar and moody off. You'll be honouring my memory.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby bessie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:25 pm UTC

Unofficial votals:

Madge (3): jimbobmacdoodle, moody7277, somitomi
ConMan (3): Sabrar, plytho, Madge
moody7277 (1): ConMan

Not voting: bessie, heuristically_alone

5 to hammer


Sabrar wrote:Each scum faction will choose their target outside their own team, thereby limiting the potential target-pool to {town, other scum}. A mass redirect does not take into account teams (I would assume) so the potential target would be coming from the whole player pool, thereby it would be objectively better for us.

I had the impression from reading the lists that the mass redirect (as claimed) was not exactly ordered but not random and ConMan had some control over selecting at least some of the targets (see my post previous page).

I would like to vote for ConMan but that would be L-1 with moody able to switch and hammer. I have about 20 minutes after which I will not back before deadline.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:27 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I think plytho's issue is not relevant.
I disagree.
The order that ConMan gave us is in fact very logical (original player list order but grouping together those who were redirected to the same player).
Sure.
Therefore plytho's original inquiry is not well-founded, the explanation that mpolo was moved to his natural place in the list is simple and believable
It is, but that's not the explanation ConMan gave us. He said something about missing mpolo and sticking him on the end.

(notice that in the other 2 cases where 2 players were redirected to the same player, these 2 players are adjacent - 1,2->3 and 8,9->2 - so the order before and after grouping would not differ, now we can go into whether this is likely given a supposedly random redirection but that's another matter).
I don't think it's another matter. The fact that the pattern was sustained by two of the double redirects is what made it look so strong/unlikely random.

OTOH I have some issues with ConMan saying that he 'missed' mpolo as he isn't even the last one in the order so ConMan would have had to manually transcribe or reconstruct the list in order to leave him out.
Yeah, exactly, ConMan's defense is the suspicious bit.
It would have been much easier to figure this out if ConMan had just quoted the pm he received from wam (you can check the rules, this is allowed). Of course now I'm not sure it would be a good evidence after all this.
Unfortunately, ConMan dissapeared after I asked him about moving mpolo to 11.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Thoughts Sabrar, plytho, somitomi (and anybody else, not that I'll be paying much attention to you)?
Well, I'm personally convinced I caught ConMan in a scumslip so I'm reading him as almost definitely scum and Madge as only very probably scum so I do prefer the ConMan lynch based on that.

All things being equal:
Madge has a potentially nasty scum power vs vanilla town. (hmm, ninja?)
ConMan can mess up all our results and lie about them or mess up all our results and tell the truth (if he lives). (And as Sabrar says, provide us some degree of protection by redirecting kills to scum.)

I'm actually more bothered by messy night results than Madge's unknown power. I also think lynching ConMan gives us better odds of eliminating mafia C as he seems more likely than Madge to be mark's buddy.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:31 pm UTC

bessie wrote:I would like to vote for ConMan but that would be L-1 with moody able to switch and hammer.


unvote

go ahead bessie.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:33 pm UTC

@somitomi: your thoughts please on these developments?

Btw, since deadline is vague I really wouldn't like to stay around 3v3 too long.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby bessie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:33 pm UTC

Vote: ConMan

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 pm UTC

wam wrote:Deadline is Tuesday evening uk time
Can we get some specifics? Like before:
wam wrote:Deadline is at 7pm utc +/- 1 hour today

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 pm UTC

Unvote

I'd rather be voting with Sabrar, plytho and bessie, than known-not-town moody. I think I'd prefer the reliability of results overall, and Madge's content has improved somewhat. More thoughts later.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby somitomi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@somitomi: your thoughts please on these developments?

Btw, since deadline is vague I really wouldn't like to stay around 3v3 too long.

Sorrry, I got home recently and just read them. I'm not 100% sure how to evaluate the slip you found, but I do see the discrepancy. However, ConMan's power is quite dangerous if he's scum and I suspect he is (regardless of the slip). I've been wondering why scum!ConMan would even hint about this power though (making it guaranteed that he'll have to claim soon), since the only evidence of redirects were the odd NK deaths (which could've been the result of other mechanics). He could've kept it a secret and caused just as much confusion either way.
At any rate, I'm ready to switch.

unvote
for now.
❖❖❖
unofficial votals:

Madge (2): jimbobmacdoodle, moody7277
ConMan (3): Sabrar, Madge, bessie
moody7277 (1): ConMan
—◯-◯

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby somitomi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm UTC

Ninja correction:

Madge (1): moody7277
ConMan (3): Sabrar, Madge, bessie
moody7277 (1): ConMan
—◯-◯

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby moody7277 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:08 pm UTC

Unfortunately, I haven't done enough to get a read on ConMan worthy of overriding my read on Madge. I have read through plytho's case, and the whole list edit thing does look weird. I don't know what kind of weird it indicates though. Any previous read I might have had based on BoomFrog was complicated. The multivariate redirection would fit into BoomFrog's description of it as "tricky".

Perfectly happy with my vote on Madge, even if she doesn't get lynched today.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby wam » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:26 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:Deadline is Tuesday evening uk time
Can we get some specifics? Like before:
wam wrote:Deadline is at 7pm utc +/- 1 hour today


That's not very chaotic but ok.

deadline is 2 hours +/- 10 minutes
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby wam » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:43 pm UTC


Votals
Conman - 3 - Sabrar, madge, Bessie
Madge - 1 - moody7277
Moody7277 - 1 - conman


Not Voting: Hueristically Alone, somitomi, Jimbobmacdoodle, plytho

5 to hammer

Deadline is Tuesday evening uk time

Huery has not read their prod pm if I don't get a replacement by the end of the day they will be modkilled

Reminder not to read spoilers till I have declared you dead by pm.

Reminder N2 will only be 24 hours, feel free to pre submit actions
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:04 pm UTC

Miscellaneous thoughts and comments on my way home.
plytho wrote:@somitomi: your thoughts please on these developments?

Btw, since deadline is vague I really wouldn't like to stay around 3v3 too long.
I'm not too bothered by a tied vote between ConMan and Madge, because it still leads to a scummy player's lynch.
somitomi wrote:I've been wondering why scum!ConMan would even hint about this power though (making it guaranteed that he'll have to claim soon), since the only evidence of redirects were the odd NK deaths (which could've been the result of other mechanics). He could've kept it a secret and caused just as much confusion either way.
This is perhaps my biggest issue with lynching ConMan. I don't know why scum would do it, but this degenerates into wine quickly. Best guess would be that he hoped it would either a) give him a town read for disclosing useful results, and/or b) he's changed some or all of the results to show more confusion.

I know bessie was low on time, but I expect her to respond to my comment on her lack of vote if she's still alive D3. Don't forget to follow up, if I die.

I'm tempted to place my vote on ConMan now. If somebody really wants to hammer, they'll just get lynched tomorrow (I'm looking at you, moody). Does anybody else have anything they want to discuss?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:24 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'm tempted to place my vote on ConMan now. If somebody really wants to hammer, they'll just get lynched tomorrow (I'm looking at you, moody). Does anybody else have anything they want to discuss?
not me.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I'm not too bothered by a tied vote between ConMan and Madge, because it still leads to a scummy player's lynch.
You have a point and a tie means wam's SO has to get involved, which is fun. But now everyone had to take and defend a position, which is more informative.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby wam » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 pm UTC

end of day 2 conman was lynched

N2 will last 24 hours
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game night 2

Postby wam » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:32 pm UTC

Mpolo is now alive again and back playing
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game night 2

Postby wam » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 pm UTC

huery was mod killed they were Bruce Willis they were town

Sorry I forgot to post this I had a 12 hour day at work so not with it.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game night 2

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 am UTC

less than 7 hours till end of the night
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wams chaos game night 2

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 pm UTC

End of Day 2 Flavour
You get conman and madge in the dock and spend a while arguing between them. Eventually you all settle on Conman and retire for a quiet night. After the party night one, you all want a quiet peaceful night. Unfortunately for some the night won’t be peaceful.

Conman was lynched they were Angeline Jolie and were a member of town.

Start of Day 3 flavour.


Over breakfast you all reconvene and try and work out whats going on, nobody knows but to quote madge it seems very chaotic. Weirdly Bessie was seen sneaking around the resort during the night. Suddenly you realise that both Bessie and Jimbobmacdoodle are missing. Checking their villas you find their corpses and information leading to their agenda’s.

Bessie was killed they were sigorny weaver and a member of mafia B.

Jimbobcdoodle was killed they were Jason Statham and a member of town.

It is now the start of Day 3

Votals

Not Voting: Sabrar, Moody7277, Madge, Plytho, Somitomi, Mpolo

6 alive 4 to hammer.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game night 2

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:04 pm UTC

First thoughts:

-we can trust ConMan's redirection list (at least we can trust he was honest about it)
-bessie had a lot more interactions than Mark so we might have an easier time finding mafia B
-Vicarin was probably town (based on jimbob's claims)
-Neither mafia B nor C were eliminated so we're still risking two night kills N3

@mpolo: welcome back, although given my earlier suspicions it's not too enthusiastic. Can you give us your D2 thoughts please?

So we lost 4 town (probably) and 2 different mafia.

That means town is not the majority anymore: 1 moody, 1 mafia B, 1 mafia C, at most 3 town.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm UTC

Note: I won't be available for most of tomorrow so any proper analysis of D3 content will have to wait for Friday .
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 2

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:20 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: From my role PM, I know that Vicarin was the same alignment as me.
Right, that's pretty clear.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:54 pm UTC

Thoughts on a moody lynch:

I think lynching moody is a terrible idea now as we'd go into the night with three town and two kills.
With no cross kills that leaves 1 town vs two mafia with a guaranteed town loss. (assuming we actually have 3 town left)

If it is 3-1-1-1 we're essentially at lylo (barring crossfire)

@moody: how are you going to help us? I assume you're going to claim you want to help town, but I don't trust you so I want a good explanation why you're going to help us and not scum.

This is all assuming moody is indeed an indie and not just scum pretending.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 pm UTC

plytho wrote:@moody: how are you going to help us? I assume you're going to claim you want to help town, but I don't trust you so I want a good explanation why you're going to help us and not scum.


1. I've been trying my best to hunt scum with the rest of you. I was right about Mark and I would like to take credit about being right about ConMan even though I probably shouldn't.
2. If I get lynched, I lose, do not pass go, do not collect 20 dollars and my self respect.

Sabrar already pronounced sentence on me, I just want to be the last name crossed off your list before you do the town happy dance (well, maybe not you in particular).
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Wams chaos game day 3

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:25 pm UTC

I'm a little worried because
moody7277 wrote:If I get lynched, I lose,
and
moody7277 wrote: I just want to be the last name crossed off your list before you do the town happy dance
seem contradictory.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests