Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 am UTC

bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I was going to provide immediate translation but was then ninja'd by your post saying you figured out my answer after rereading.
WTF? How the heck did I figure out your meaning before you even posted it? You’re the oracle, not me. I didn’t even post for like another hour and a half after you, here.

I never said I figured out your meaning. I just didn’t ask you for a translation because I wanted to see how Vicarin reacted.

The post just before mine ended with:
Bessie wrote:BoomFrog I see you answer my question.
Which I assumed was a typo and you intended "BoomFrog, I see you answered my question." but now I realize that you left out punctuation and meant, "BoomFrog, I see you, answer my question." And now I'm just insulted that you thought I'd intentionally ignore you regardless of alignment.

Oh, and BoomFrog, now that you have answered my question, you would lynch a PoE before a possible indie? Or do you think there are four non town in this game?
Yes, I'd lynch a PoE before a pro-town indy. And yes, if there is a pro-town indy I expect there are still three true scum, although probably broken up into two mafia and one pro mafia indy or SK or cult or something. And feel like you are intentionally trying to ignore the distinction of neutral/unknown indy vs pro-town indy. Also, I suspected Vic was either town or pro-town indy and I suspect you are either town or scum. Yes the ratios are different, but not that different.

And for the record I now think Vic is just town.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 am UTC

If you do sincerely, truly believe all of that, why are you bothering to argue with me? I want you to look at other people, but you seem to want me to say I'm wrong, instead. Why on earth would you think I want you to argue with me? I'm really struggling to see where you're coming from when you claim that I'm the one who's refusing to back down here, seeing as that's how I'd describe you. I know I can't convince you that you're scum, that's ok. I'm mainly trying to convince other people. If they have specific issues with my argument, I'll look at it closely, because trying to get other town to vote against scum as a block is what this is all about. If you do, well, I'll check because there is always the possibility of being wrong, but it doesn't mean that much if the main person objecting to a scum read is the target themselves. In this case, I think you're massively misinterpreting what happened in the Stellaris game, so I'm not sure where you want an argument to go from there beyond us just shouting at each other louder and louder.

And if you don't really believe it, well, why would you say any of that?

I was eating humble pie was over the statement I made originally saying that it was for setups involving no SK and multiple protectors instead of SK and multiple protectors, you were right there and I was wrong. I believe that's the correct usage? Or are you going to claim that's wrong? :P
I feel that if you actually read the 2nd half of the first sentence you quoted this would be clear, so I'm gonna have to chalk this up to another weird mistake I guess.

My current read on wam is that his play is rather erratic and aggressive, going by his jumping on BoomFrog over the 8-3 oracle statement, and going after h_a based off h_a having fairly uncontroversial reads. I can't seperate his town Meta play from his scum Stellaris play very well (Alien Warfare... doesn't really count for analysis I think). I think he's mildly scummy for the switch onto moody as well (who's looking more like an easy lynch target to push than scum given how he was fine at flying under the radar in Meta). I've still got stronger scum reads I'd prefer lynched right now though, and I'm not going to prioritise the 2nd wincon over proper lynch ordering.

You're saying there's no possible situation in which someone should claim at the moment? Like if moody was some important PR? Jeez.

If you're willing to actually put anywhere near as much time as you've spent on me analysing some other people, that would be great, thanks. And then I won't have to spend such a huge goddamn chunk of time responding either.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:25 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:If you're willing to actually put anywhere near as much time as you've spent on me analysing some other people, that would be great, thanks.

Ok. As per the conditions set forth in this post, I will take this as your admission that you were wrong, and I will work on analyzing this game instead of searching through old games for a particular mechanic.

Thank you BoomFrog for setting him straight.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:26 am UTC

You can unilaterally declare anything you like, doesn't make it true :P

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 am UTC

No string bets.

The conditions were clear. You admit you are wrong now and forever, or you make me prove it. You admitted you are wrong.

Vicarin wrote:If you're willing to actually put anywhere near as much time as you've spent on me analysing some other people, that would be great, thanks. And then I won't have to spend such a huge goddamn chunk of time responding either.
You've admitted you are wrong. You folded and you've set me free to look at others. You are now free to do the same. If you want to continue this, that's your choice.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:39 am UTC

This is simply bizarre behaviour, on the level of 'I know you are but what am I?'.

Unvote: Mark_Canigla
Vote: bessie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:50 am UTC

bessie wrote:Thank you BoomFrog for setting him straight.
I am having an enormous conflict between not want to draw out this exchange and desperately needing to say, "lol what?"





lol what?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:54 am UTC

This is quite interesting. It really is more important to you to get the last word, then it is to help town. Because regardless of my alignment, the more I talk the more it helps town.

So, I’m looking for a game with multiple protective roles and no serial killer?

Back in a while.


Ninja'd.

I got the impression from this post Vicarin was waiting for my post. He should have replied immediately. Instead it took him an hour. Like he was waiting for something.

Your post probably gave him some confidence. Perhaps it was this:
BoomFrog wrote: And for the record I now think Vic is just town.


What did you think I meant, BoomFrog?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:08 am UTC

bessie wrote:What did you think I meant, BoomFrog?

"lol what?" means I have no confident theories about what you meant.

Because regardless of my alignment, the more I talk the more it helps town.
This is not always true. It is very possible to drown out useful discourse with Not-Alignment-Indicitive content.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:18 am UTC

Oh. Well, that’s ok, I probably won’t be drowning out the useful discourse tonight anyway. This is actually a harder project than it appears to be. Most mods don’t list the flips in the OP. And some mods don’t give the role PMs in a single post at the end of the game, so it means I need to dig through the thread for the flips. And there are some games where the mod abandoned the game. Those are a lot of work to dig out the roles.

Feel free to talk without me.

BoomFrog, your complete reads list with analysis and ordered town-scum please.

Back in a few hours.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:35 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:[And if BoomFrog honestly truely believed you were indie at the time he made his bottom three list, I will consider it his application for the position of “bessie’s D2 tunnel”. I’m wondering if he already figured that out, since he went back in to character.


I was going to provide immediate translation but was then ninja'd by your post saying you figured out my answer after rereading. So I deleted the translation and left the offer to translate. Anyway, moody got the best translation, "I believe Vic is town or pro-town Indy." Vic cared about sorting me.


What in particular made you think that Vic would necessarily be a pro-Town indie vs. an anti-Town one? Your proverb is a bit weird also since the overwhelming majority of indies roles played on this site are anti-Town. Which posts in this sequence changed your mind about him being indie vs Town?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:42 am UTC

Vicarin wrote: I think he's mildly scummy for the switch onto moody as well (who's looking more like an easy lynch target to push than scum given how he was fine at flying under the radar in Meta).

What do mean by moody is an easier lynch target to push than scum?


Back in a bit. I’m still on page 1. There are 11 pages of old games.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:00 am UTC

Right, I phrased that badly given the punctuation, I meant
Vicarin wrote: I think he's mildly scummy for the switch onto moody as well (who's looking more like {an easy lynch target to push} than {scum} given how he was fine at flying under the radar in Meta).

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:03 am UTC

@Vic:

Can you give an ordered town-scum list? I don't need reasons at the moment since time is short, just a straight list is fine.

Vicarin wrote:. I'm mainly trying to convince other people. If they have specific issues with my argument, I'll look at it closely, because trying to get other town to vote against scum as a block is what this is all about.


Who specifically were you trying to convince here? Who were you trying to convince them to vote for?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:23 am UTC

@LaserGuy: basically everyone who isn't bessie, and I'm trying to get people to vote for bessie, because she's scum. I'm not sure how that wasn't obvious from what we were arguing about originally.

And sure:

Town

heuristically_alone
BoomFrog
moody7277
LaserGuy
wam
Sabrar
mpolo
Madge
Mark_Canigla
bessie

Scum

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:28 am UTC

I am definitely not awake enough to parse the Bessie Vic argument. Will have a re read when the caffeine kicks in. Laser well spotted that is a very weird post by vic.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:29 am UTC

And Vic I know laser said not reasons but why huery as your strongest town read?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:36 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy: basically everyone who isn't bessie, and I'm trying to get people to vote for bessie, because she's scum. I'm not sure how that wasn't obvious from what we were arguing about originally.


Because you were voting for Mark until just recently. I'm not sure why you think you were going to convince anyone of anything if you weren't convinced of it yourself (as an aside, I don't feel like arguing with your scumreads is a particularly productive method of actually soliciting votes, but I'm certainly not one to judge people for doing this as I've done my share of tunnels).

And sure:

Town

heuristically_alone
BoomFrog
moody7277
LaserGuy
wam
Sabrar
mpolo
Madge
Mark_Canigla
bessie

Scum


Why is moody Town? Why is BoomFrog?

Also, how is wam "mildly scummy" when you have five people scummier than him? Do you have scum leans on all of those people?

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote: (as an aside, I don't feel like arguing with your scumreads is a particularly productive method of actually soliciting votes, but I'm certainly not one to judge people for doing this as I've done my share of tunnels)


Can't say you're wrong about that, given how this went...

LaserGuy wrote:Why is moody Town? Why is BoomFrog?


I'm seeing moody as mostly town at the moment because of the 5 person pileup he recently had on him, and I think he wouldn't be in this situation without scum trying significantly to push it along (I guess he could be an indie and accidentally drew attention?). BoomFrog stopped doing the stupid oracular stuff, got his results from it, and is now contributing fairly typically for town!BoomFrog. I also like his reaction to the wam vote, in as much that it would normally provide a pretty decent reason to justify scumreading wam, but brushes it off, which I can't really see from scum.

LaserGuy wrote:Also, how is wam "mildly scummy" when you have five people scummier than him? Do you have scum leans on all of those people?


Yes, I do have scum leans on all those people at least. People are being damn suspicious this game. mpolo and Madge are both still lurking pretty damn hard and not contributing that much before the lynch, and Sabrar is still terse in his posts compared to normal. I'm also weirded out by Sabrar's going after moody based on his reaction to Sabrar's mistake, because town DOES have to look out for 'traps' done by other town, or else they're mostly going to catch town, and despite this, people still use them (cough BoomFrog cough). Being suspicious of other people's actions isn't a uniquely scum trait by any stretch of the imagination.

@wam: He's been making fairly decently justified reads (even though I do strongly disagree on his two towniest), and has been showing some skepticism in the right places (specifically about your possible N0 slip and the results from BoomFrog's gambit). In a more general sense, it does remind me of his Stellaris play, seeing as I've been rereading it a bit (for some reason...).

Basically had to explain everyone anyway.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:41 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
mpolo wrote:I have a certain suspicion that I may be playing a miller here.


Is there a way you can you give a flavor reason for this without going into too much detail about your role?


My character was revealed to be a bad character later in the series. (And the description in-game mentions this fact, but downplays it as unimportant to the current game. So maybe it's nothing…)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:45 am UTC

Glanced back through. Not getting involved in the Bessie Vic argument. Howvere it is improv8ng my read of Bessie as I think scum.bessie would have let it drop by now to appear more townie.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Why is moody Town? Why is BoomFrog?


I'm seeing moody as mostly town at the moment because of the 5 person pileup he recently had on him, and I think he wouldn't be in this situation without scum trying significantly to push it along (I guess he could be an indie and accidentally drew attention?).


This read only makes sense if you are already assuming that moody is Town. Why can't scum have a 5 person pileup on them?

BoomFrog stopped doing the stupid oracular stuff, got his results from it, and is now contributing fairly typically for town!BoomFrog. I also like his reaction to the wam vote, in as much that it would normally provide a pretty decent reason to justify scumreading wam, but brushes it off, which I can't really see from scum.


Noting this for later.

LaserGuy wrote:Also, how is wam "mildly scummy" when you have five people scummier than him? Do you have scum leans on all of those people?


Yes, I do have scum leans on all those people at least. People are being damn suspicious this game. mpolo and Madge are both still lurking pretty damn hard and not contributing that much before the lynch, and Sabrar is still terse in his posts compared to normal. I'm also weirded out by Sabrar's going after moody based on his reaction to Sabrar's mistake, because town DOES have to look out for 'traps' done by other town, or else they're mostly going to catch town, and despite this, people still use them (cough BoomFrog cough). Being suspicious of other people's actions isn't a uniquely scum trait by any stretch of the imagination.


I feel like this should be cause for more alarm on your part.

Basically had to explain everyone anyway.


Yes, but I like asking for the list first so I can see if you need to do some major BSing to retrospectively justify the positions of your reads.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: Vicarin

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 am UTC

@LaserGuy: scum can have a 5 person pileup, yes, but having seen moody get out of pretty much everything in Meta Mafia for quite a while until there were basically no spots left to hide, I don't think he'd be caught this easily D1.

And yes, I am somewhat worried that I'm finding a ton of people scummy (not sure what it implies about the numbers in the setup). Can't do much about it though.

Ninja'd: :roll:

Seeing as you think we have plenty of time to explain all our reads anyway, why don't you share yours with everyone?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:00 am UTC

I guess I need to read moody pretty desperately. I should have some time this afternoon to do so.

If the lynch is already certain, and someone feels like voting for me to help me in my secondary win-con, I would appreciate it.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 am UTC

I’m back!

First of all, I apologize. I didn’t really spend the night searching through old games looking for games with multiple protection powers and only one killing faction. This is actually a big project, and would require a spreadsheet to do it properly, since Vicarin would probably want to debate the results after I was done and proved him wrong, by questioning whether I categorized jailer as protective, or whether the third party was actually a serial killer or merely a third party with a kill and a target (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, I remember that one because I loved that setup so much, hi dimochka!).

I go in to every night cycle with the absolute certainty that I will be night killed, so I wanted to spend my last few hours working toward the town win condition, even if it means Vicarin gets the last word. I can put aside my massively huge ego for the common goal. I also wanted to make sure I made some posts and talked, even though it appears BoomFrog doesn’t believe posting in the thread and talking is necessarily pro town. I disagree. Silence can be explained (soooooooorrrry, I was too busy last night to post!). Active lurking is harder to dismiss.

Even discussion that appears active lurky can be useful in unexpected ways. Sometimes the poster can scum slip, or cause someone else to scum slip out of frustration. Or perhaps hidden connections will reveal themselves. So conclusion, I believe talking is always good.

***
bessie’s setup spec: 7/2/1

Ajah assignments and powers: I think that Vicaran’s win condition is at least partially dependant on guessing this. So I decline to state at this time. And yes, I am bessie, I have a guess for everyone’s Ajah and power.

Note: Some of the above is contained in my confirmation phase Gojoe post. I have a secret personal secondary win condition of trying to guess everyone’s Ajah (or other role) pre game.

Roles, factional abilities and other speculations. Pre post edit: Changed my mind, not posting most of this today.
Mafia: Day chat, factional kill, [redacted].
Town: [Oh wouldn’t you like to know! Because everyone knows bessie is pretty good at setup spec!]
Independent: [Someone out there already knows this one!]
General: [Nope.]

bessie’s reason for believing there are three factions: I am gaming the game.
jimmodmacdoodle wrote:Players were assigned their Ajahs before alignments were determined.
In order for this to work, I think there needs to be at least three factions. Most powers are worthless to mafia if there are only one town faction and one mafia faction. However, I do allow that there is some wiggle room in that one benefit to mafia having a power like a watcher or doc is that town doesn’t have it.

***
BoomFrog’s been much in my thoughts (and really, how could he not be?). Nothing will ever top Newbie New Year, but this one was close. As I alluded to when I posted my BoomDog analysis (refer to this post) I think looking at the former will give clues to the later. Interestingly, heury is the only one that followed me on this, see this post and my very important reply here.

bessie wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote: I find it interesting that Vicarin's reaction to the oracle gambit and woofing gambit was pretty similar. Makes sense that the way he thinks hasnt changed. My worry is that he knows his genuine frustration got him town read by boomfrog so copied his reaction. Is he a good enough scum player to fake a genuine reaction?
One of my reasons for posting the BoomDog summary. Everyone in this game except Mark should have been in the “players who got it and defended me” group. And even more importantly, everyone should have consciously known that was the correct group to be in.

Interestingly, Mark is in the correct group too, and he probably shouldn’t be.
moody was misread as scum in NNY for “not getting it”, but we know now that was his natural townie reaction, not a scummy one. Interestingly, moody made sure he was in the correct group this time, and fully supported the gambit, going so far as to agree with BoomOracle’s scum read of me.

So why didn’t Vicarin go along?

1. Genuinely doesn’t get it?
2. Partner with moody, figured only one of them should sheep?
3. Indie, decided it would be best to act as he did last time when he was town and go for another “natural townie frustration” read?
4. Partner with BoomFrog.

There was such a noticeable change in Vicarin’s tone after the "pulling back of the curtain", that I was leaning #3, and totally did not seriously consider #4. I’m rethinking that now, after the content on this page (page 8 as I type this up).

Side note, I had considered that Mark was in the “correct group” because he was being coached in scum chat (reminded me of SDK and LaserGuy in Dark Tower); he’s calm and perceptive, and he gets it. But Mark’s reaction to my remark here was immediate and so natural, and I very much doubt he would have made that post if scum have day chat.

Now back to #4, well, I’m not a fast or organized thinker and ideally would need to think about it more, but I don’t have the luxury of time. Its 1:00 am in California, and I’m supposed to be at work early tomorrow. I’ll see if I can organize my thoughts. Or sleep. Probably neither, I will lie awake for a couple of hours thinking. Because if BoomFrog and Vicarin are a team, I need to also rethink my setup spec, and how moody fits in to it.


Interestingly, I had totally planned to back off Vicarin tonight, but this post was the last straw. I spend the entire day with people that can’t let it go, won’t admit they are wrong, must always have the last word, even if it is detrimental to the common goal. I’m used to hearing “well maybe it appears I was wrong, but in reality you were wrong” all day, and it rings just as false there too.


How interesting that BoomFrog has too many town. I have too many scum.


mpolo, would just a single vote every day fulfill your secondary win condition?

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:07 am UTC

Already messed up. 8/2/1. Guess its time for sleep.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Madge » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:08 am UTC

Anyone want a ter’angreal? Otherwise heury gets it for being the only one who wanted a gift when I offered one. (Everyone else was very conspicuously IGNORING my gift offer so I don't get to do an SDK-like analysis of everyone's reactions).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 am UTC

Madge wrote:Anyone want a ter’angreal? Otherwise heury gets it for being the only one who wanted a gift when I offered one. (Everyone else was very conspicuously IGNORING my gift offer so I don't get to do an SDK-like analysis of everyone's reactions).
To be fair, this hasn't been your towniest game so far (that would be Meta Mafia, hmmm..... :P ).

Are you serious in your vote for Sabrar? How do you feel about mpolo? If you're not going to make a serious vote today anyway, do you feel mpolo is trustworthy enough to vote for so he can get his secondary win con?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:21 am UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 2 (bessie, LaserGuy)
Sabrar - 1 (Madge)
moody7277 - 3 (heuristically_alone, wam, Sabrar)
LaserGuy - 1 (moody7277)
bessie - 1 (Vicarin)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, mpolo, Mark_Cangila

11 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline in a little over 9.5 hours. Countdown timer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Madge » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:39 am UTC

unvote

vote mpolo


i'll always use my vote to help people get claimed wincons if i'm not otherwise doing a serious vote.

no serious vote for me today. too busy working out what to do about this terangel.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 am UTC

@BoomFrog: why are you not voting?

I'm fine with either Vicarin or moody. Should be able to check in close to deadline to break any ties.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 am UTC

@bessie: Instead of being coy about what you guess for setup details, how about a reads list? Or at least an ordered list for town-scum?

I think your "gaming the game" logic is a bit bizarre because although he said players were assigned their Ajahs before alignments were determined, there's nothing saying that the powers in each Ajah were determined before the alignments were. Hell, the rules also say that

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Most, but not necessarily all, abilities are based on the chosen Ajah.


so I have no idea how your logic is supposed to flow.

Once again, you think my win condition is based on knowing something about the game setup (well, beyond using it to lynch all the scum :) ). Despite you saying this in our last two games together and being completely wrong each time, you think that this time, it's going to be the time it's correct?

You really need to think about the possibility that you're wrong, instead of just blindly assuming you're right. If you spend the entire day with people like that, please entertain the at least remote possibility that it has rubbed off on you?

@Sabrar: If you had to choose a 3rd person to lynch, who would it be?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:@Sabrar: If you had to choose a 3rd person to lynch, who would it be?
Still wam.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:32 am UTC

My wincon is fulfilled with one non-me vote on 2/3 of the days in which I am not lynched. (One day + NK on N1 is a win; one day + Nk on N2 is a loss; two days and lynch on D3 is a win).
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby mpolo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:32 am UTC

That's end-of-day votes, though.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am UTC

That seems pretty damn easy to do.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:53 am UTC

Seeing as these were player-submitted you can't expect a perfect balance.

@mpolo: will you vote before the end of the day? Do you have any actual scum-reads?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:52 am UTC

@Mark: please put down your vote before you have to leave.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:11 pm UTC

Bessie, you mean 7-3-1, right? Your setup spec adds to 10. I'm split between moody, and bessie for that weird conditional post. That seems like the sort of illogical posturing scum would love. However, it seems like moody is the most likely to be lynched, and bessie's meta is to have a high ego in some cases.

Unvote
Vote:Moody


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests