Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Madge » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 am UTC

Hi all!

Sorry I vanished. That's not very SDK-roleplay of me, now is it? I think that's over. It got me through the start of the day.

BTW, it seems that fate has a sense of humour: my secondary win condition is to be the first person voting for the person who gets voted off. So hopefully I'll survive a while and when we have a consensus target I can do the honours. I think I have to do it twice, or maybe two thirds of the time. I can check my role PM if it matters to anyone but it doens't particularly matter to me because I don't think I'll be able to achieve it anyway.

This also made me suspicious of Sabrar as his condition seemed oddly similar to mine; but then again, he wouldn't make that up, would he.

@wam - did you do what I think you did?

I agree with, like, everyone, that boomfrog's "slip" of scum team of three was just his way of participating in the setup spec. i didn't take it as literal. fwiw.

oh, can people please target me tonight? that would be super. thanks! (i promise nothing bad will happen to you)

don't really havem uch else to say. i'm in my new job which means i've been given this immense 23 module training course to do, and i'm sitting here hoping someone will die so i can go outside because the course is BORING.

to everyone saying meta mafia proves i can contribute D1: I did not have fun doing that except insomuch as it was fun to play my bestest buddy bessie. if that became a new "requirement" of me not getting voted off D1 I would stop playing. It's a lot of work and completely unsustainable. it was fun as a one-time thing but NO, just NO, a thousand times NO, I can't do it. you may as well tell boomfrog you really liked his Oracle verse and he should post like that D1 every day. it's work for him. and as i'm sure bessie would be the first person to defend me for, we should all be allowed to play as we like. anyway this is all sounding like me spitting the dummy and threatening to go home and take my toys away, but like, seriously, i would appreciate it if people took Meta Mafia for what it was: a beautiful experiment Madge did once to work out once and for all that she really doesn't want to be bessie despite bessie being an attractive and intelligent and all-round wonderful person. thank you!

also, seriously, guys, think about it: am I on the bottom of your scum lists because you think i'm scum or just because you're grumpy that i'm not playing the same way you would?

i had to whip this up really quickly so i am sorry i don't have much more than this.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am UTC

Madge wrote:BTW, it seems that fate has a sense of humour: my secondary win condition is to be the first person voting for the person who gets voted off.

This also made me suspicious of Sabrar as his condition seemed oddly similar to mine; but then again, he wouldn't make that up, would he.
Who are you confusing me with?

Madge wrote:oh, can people please target me tonight? that would be super. thanks! (i promise nothing bad will happen to you)
Nope, I asked first. :D

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Madge » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:47 am UTC

maybe it was because you requested to be targeted, then. i don't remember.

a cop would be great, actually. we have to assume we have a cop, or similar (i mean a tracker wouldn't be trustworthy for obvious reasons). then i can have a good reason for you to let me live to see nightfall

town will benefit from me being targeted by a cop tonight in more ways than just knowing my alignment, btw.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 am UTC

So there's a mechanic in the game that goes against my secondary win-con. Just great...

People should target Madge.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:24 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: moody

That post pings vaguely Town to me.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am UTC

Madge wrote:
@wam - did you do what I think you did?
.


Not sure!

I was votingyou Madge as you seemed even more murky than normal day1.

I'm happy with a Moody lynch. What do people think of the possible slip I found? Based on no one agreeing with me on the boom one.

unvote

Vote moody
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:58 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
wam wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:My bottom three are Madge, moody, and Vic.


Any more detail you would.like to share?


Here are my reads on all three players. What additional details would you like to know?
]


Basically I'm feeling your less engaged in this game than normal and am trying to work out if it is alignment indicative.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 am UTC

wam wrote:What do people think of the possible slip I found?
Since you ask it seems fabricated. moody's conclusion is incorrect (he doesn't consider Masons to be a possibility for example) but given that we had N0 it is not unreasonable at all to assume that scum has already been communicating.
Also with you noticing that ping only after moody came under heavy fire it looks like you're trying to distance yourself from him. You have no real progression on him but you did a 180 from liking his content to liking his lynch.

Unvote
Vote: moody

L-2

Would also be perfectly fine with lynching wam today.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:44 am UTC

Sabrar wrote: but given that we had N0 it is


Did we? I didn't notice anything but I was away that week.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:30 am UTC

wam wrote:
Sabrar wrote: but given that we had N0 it is


Did we? I didn't notice anything but I was away that week.

Are you the one not really paying attention? Jimbob made it pretty clear. This pushes wam into definite scum category. Still prefer moody.

wam wrote:Ok. Basically that post by huery was as non controversial as it could possibly be. It is also written by someone who hasn't paid enough attention to scum hunting. I.e attacking me for "unexpected lurking". It is the exact post I would expect from scum who are happy with the day 1 lynch and don't want to rock the boat.

I am concerned both laser and huery seem to.be sitting back a lot this day 1.

I never like to rock the boat. Though I believe I have at least one read that is boat rockable for most players. I was actually worried that making Vicarin a town read would make others find me suspicious, but I gotta be honest to my read. Though you are right about me not paying complete close enough attention. That post was written after working a 13 hour day, which I expect to do again today so wanted to get a reads list out since I won't be able to catch up again until almost deadline.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 am UTC

Oh, and Madge jumps up to the town list. And if wam is scum, that makes LaserGuy more likely town.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (Pregame)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:39 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Please confirm when you have received yours. Also please remember to PM the mods any pre-game actions/choices you need to make.


@huery that's all I could see which to me is not a N0. I will fully admit I wasn't paying attention in the first few days.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:
wam wrote:
Sabrar wrote: but given that we had N0 it is


Did we? I didn't notice anything but I was away that week.

Are you the one not really paying attention? Jimbob made it pretty clear. This pushes wam into definite scum category. Still prefer moody.


I don't understand the logic of how this makes me scummier.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:33 pm UTC

So, BoomFrog looks like he's saying even if Vicarin is indie, he'll be anti-scum indie.

Pretty sure at this point about LG and huery; don't know at this point is Sabrar is the third or just being misled.

Vote: LaserGuy
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby mpolo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:54 pm UTC

Man. Feeling like I'm in the wrong time zone here -- I only had time to skim the two full pages of posts that popped up there. My time is more limited than I'd like it to be at the moment. That said, tomorrow afternoon shouldn't be too bad, and Thursday may be mostly free. But I think that's already night, so doesn't help so much.

I have a few reasonably townie reads, and need to review the other end of the spectrum. I have to run some errands now, but maybe I can manage to do a couple of isolated re-reads when I get back.

We're having record temperatures in the land of no air conditioning, and I am completely sweaty after a half hour in my office reading this. Ick. I will try to be back later today, at the latest tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:And am I just going to have to say I've already explained it? You can claim it was an honest mistake, I don't think it was. You did a similar sort of 'mistake' when complaining about my fishing in Stellaris, claiming that SK with multiple protective roles was reasonable saying that it had happened plenty, and I pointed out that no, it hadn't, and you just went 'oh whoops' and acted like it was irrelevant anyway.
I don’t have time to dig this up right now and you didn’t provide a link, but I think you need to go back and check this, because I think you are misrembering. No. I know you are misrembering. Because I would have never have said “oops I was wrong you were right we never had a game with a SK and multiple protective roles”. I know I wouldn’t have said this BECAUSE I MODDED ONE (Monstrous Masquerade Mafia II).

And if BoomFrog honestly truely believed you were indie at the time he made his bottom three list, I will consider it his application for the position of “bessie’s D2 tunnel”. I’m wondering if he already figured that out, since he went back in to character.

Madge needs to always be Madge and play in whatever style she has the time and temperament for, and that makes her happy. That said, sometimes bessie just has to be bessie. But perhaps not today, because I had already decided that some of your low D1 content was due to training for your new job, which you told us was happening in advance. You’re not completely off the hook, and I will take a closer look at your post when I get home tonight, but I probably won’t start my full on Madge tunnel until D2. Maybe. There may be people ahead of you in line.

I’ll be at work at deadline, and I’m kinda shit at morning posting anyway so if anyone has something they want to discuss with me please try to post it within the next 12 hours.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm UTC

bessie wrote:[And if BoomFrog honestly truely believed you were indie at the time he made his bottom three list, I will consider it his application for the position of “bessie’s D2 tunnel”. I’m wondering if he already figured that out, since he went back in to character.

I was going to provide immediate translation but was then ninja'd by your post saying you figured out my answer after rereading. So I deleted the translation and left the offer to translate. Anyway, moody got the best translation, "I believe Vic is town or pro-town Indy." Vic cared about sorting me.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:29 pm UTC

wam wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:
wam wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:My bottom three are Madge, moody, and Vic.


Any more detail you would.like to share?


Here are my reads on all three players. What additional details would you like to know?


Basically I'm feeling your less engaged in this game than normal and am trying to work out if it is alignment indicative.


That isn't really an answer to what I asked. How do you intend to sort me if you only ask me questions that you don't care about the answers to?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:09 pm UTC

Is not I don't care. I phrased it badly. Basically wanted to know if anything had updated your views since nothing had apparently.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:39 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Vote: moody
L-2

You still never explained your "strange logic" that first made you declare moody scum. What was that?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 pm UTC

The first part I already explained but it ties into the second one so I'm gonna revisit it.

Relevant posts from moody:
m1
m2
m3

Relevant posts from me:
s1
s2


I get suspicious in s1 because moody (among others) did not notice my mistake in m1. He then tries to justify it in m2 but his reasoning is post hoc and very weak as I explain in s2.
The deciding trigger comes in m3, specifically this part:
(btw, this is what I expect a planned reaction trap to look like)
Compare it to this quote from m2:
I'm glad you're saying it's an honest mistake instead of retroactively trying to make it into a test/gambit. If you were, I would have chuckled heartily.
and now you get a glimpse into where moody's mind went. In short he was actively looking out for 'traps' from town so he could avoid them. That is a scummy mindset as town does not need to concern themselves with such things. moody was angry at himself in m2 for having missed my mistake and wanted to make it clear to everybody that he did not walk into a trap. He self-congratulated in m3 for having avoided BF's trap. That is clear scum.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:18 pm UTC

wam wrote:
heuristically_alone wrote:
wam wrote:
Sabrar wrote: but given that we had N0 it is


Did we? I didn't notice anything but I was away that week.

Are you the one not really paying attention? Jimbob made it pretty clear. This pushes wam into definite scum category. Still prefer moody.


I don't understand the logic of how this makes me scummier.

This reads as someone trying to fake slip they had N0 actions. Suppose it could be a real slip.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:20 pm UTC

wam wrote:Is not I don't care. I phrased it badly. Basically wanted to know if anything had updated your views since nothing had apparently.


Well, it had only been a day or so, ~2 pages, between my reads and when you asked me about this (during which moody/Madge had barely/not posted), so I am not sure why you'd have expected there to be substantial changes. But alright, here's what I can give you.

Between my reads and your initial post, Madge hadn't posted at all, so there isn't really much to update there, except that I made the case here that I don't feel that Madge should be given an automatic pass on D1 for poor content, because there are definitely degrees of content that Madge can have on D1 that are more or less poor, and Madge's content this game has been exceptionally lacklustre even by the standards of her usual D1s. I've modified this read given her more recent posting which is somewhat more in line with what I expect from her. I still think there's a high chance of her being scum, but it's lower than it used to be.

Moody is looking very bad after this interaction with bessie, but I don't actually feel it particularly changes the substance of my read on him--that he's basically been throwing shade without backing it up, but has improved my confidence in the read.

I think it's likely that Vic is lying at least in part about his secondary wincon. I note some concerns I have with his description here, particularly in contrast to mine, and bessie elaborates on it here and elsewhere. This doesn't necessarily make him scum, but is suspicious. Most of my other concerns I feel are still valid--his reads are mostly based on activity rather than on content and seems to be avoiding taking firm opinions on anyone. In particular, he doesn't seem to have made any effort to sort you, despite the fact that you are supposedly the person he's interested in for his secondary, and because he didn't have a read on you at the time. I haven't seen any obvious towntells from him, so I'm happy with my current read.

You aren't in my scum pool, btw, because my meta on you says that when I read you as scum in D1, you're normally Town, and vice versa. Bonus townie points because Sabrar is also reading you as scum :roll:

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:21 pm UTC

You aren't in my scum pool, btw


Lynch pool, that is.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby mpolo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:40 pm UTC

Reading Vicarin:

Spoiler:
Flavor blind. Secondary condition gives him an interest in others. Doesn’t notice Sabrar’s number mistake. Sabrar sounds eager,

7-1-1-1-1 would be hard to balance. Doesn’t remember Sabrar using emoticons in intial posts. Questions about opinions. Thought bessie would like the lack of content in confirmation posts. Questions for mark and moody. Asks Madge to elaborate.

Questions are to help get info for 2ndary wincon. Votes Boomfrog for Oraclespeak. Mark is participating more, but ignoring rules, initial posts. Annoying that wam hasn’t provided more. Not a lot of single-person factions. Needs info by end of day. Doesn’t think Mark’s not reading the rules is particularly indicative. But scum would probably be more careful, as would an experienced player. I always ask questions. Gives specifics about 2nd wincon: needs info on wam’s alignment.

Specifically: if wam is town, he needs to survive, if he’s scum, he has to die first. Bessie is always skeptical of me. Reads list: Scum = Mark, bessie, Madge. Why is bessie voting me? Questions for LaserGuy. Bessie reads me as town relatively easily if she is town.

Quick answers. Wants content from h_a. Bessie shouldn’t see questions as scummy. Unvotes Boomfrog. Explains reasons for questions. Mark has but Vicarin at 3 votes with a weak argument. Votes Mark. Wam seems erratic. Sabrar is holding back. Asks why his vote is opportunistic. Is everybody giving Mark a free pass for being a newbie? Wants more effort from Madge. Mark changes vote without comment.

Can’t wait for Madge. Need shortlists for lynch. Still wants to lynch Mark. H_a and Boom seem townie. Sabrar seems to post less than usual. Explains why bessie reads him well. Why is Mark going for me, he should go for mpolo. Bessie quoted everything but the main part of the argument. Sabrar reads me as solidly scum? I always answer bessie’s questions. Why did wam suddenly change vote? He needs to say now! Indies hurt mafia more than town. Argument with bessie.


At the beginning, I was a little concerned by only asking questions and not providing any information of his own. However, this improved somewhat. There is still a tendency to only respond, but there are some comments that more more in the direction of scum-hunting.

I would leave him on the scummy side of neutral at the moment, but not a first-class lynch candidate.

Some comments more or less off the top of my head:

BoomFrog's role-playing draws so much attention at the beginning, that it seems less likely to come from scum, but Boom is good enough that it could go either way.

Several people "feel" different than usual, but I'm not sure about it.

After an early mislynch of Mark in the last game, I'm inclined to let him play a bit, unless we see something egregious that makes him the obvious best lynch candidate. I'm not seeing this right now. But he does fall into the scummy group.

Vicarin's secondary condition is not completely far-fetched; if it is true, I think it rather unlikely that Vicarin and wam are both scum (in that case, Vicarin wouldn't have needed to do anything but try to bus the teammate).
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4540
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:10 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I have a certain suspicion that I may be playing a miller here.


Is there a way you can you give a flavor reason for this without going into too much detail about your role?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:31 pm UTC

Votals:

Vicarin - 1 (bessie)
Sabrar - 1 (Madge)
Madge - 1 (Mark_Cangila)
Mark_Cangila - 1 (Vicarin)
moody7277 - 4 (heuristically_alone, LaserGuy, wam, Sabrar)
LaserGuy - 1 (moody7277)

Not Voting: BoomFrog, mpolo

11 alive, 6 to lynch. Deadline in 20.5 hours. Countdown timer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:24 pm UTC

Well, that's something from Madge at least. No real reads or anything though. Ugh, have to prod a bunch tomorrow. Also, unless she's got almost the same role as in Alien Warfare, asking for targets on her isn't exactly townie.

@mpolo: a D3 lynch must be a new definition of 'early' I haven't heard about, I wouldn't give him a free pass because of that. This reads like distancing from Mark to me while trying to justify keeping him alive.

@LaserGuy: As I said before, can't do much about the difficulty of something that was assigned to me. Also, I have tried sorting wam, but he's pretty hard to sort, and there's been less time to do it (thank goodness my target wasn't Madge at this rate). You're claiming yourself that you usually get his alignment flipped D1. Hence, seeing as the 2nd wincon is optional, as people have looooved to point out, I'm going to just ignore it, hope for the best, and focus on reads that I'm at least somewhat confident in.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 pm UTC

My method of play makes me look scummy alot. In short, I'm awful at scum hunting. I mainly just go with others' scum ideas. Right now, the case against moody looks really bad.

Unvote
Vote: Moody

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 pm UTC

Mark, get that vote off him immediately, why on earth would you want someone at L-1 with 18ish hours to go.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:47 pm UTC

Oh ok. Probably a good idea
Unvote
Issue is I'm not gonna be on for the last 15 or 16ish hours

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 pm UTC

Actually, I'll be on for like 30 minutes tomorrow at about 12 UTC

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:01 am UTC

@bessie: Ok, taking some humble pie and eating it now, it was you saying that having no SK and multiple protective roles was reasonable. The context is this exchange, as I was arguing that because of the 1 kill and the way I knew there was a bodyguard that I thought it was unlikely that there was another protective role, in addition to an SK as well.

bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Seriously, you're worried I might be a Guardian Angel? For what, scum? If not scum, why on earth do you care what I'm doing?
I don’t necessarily think you’re a guardian angel. I think you are an anti-town indie looking for a target. The link was posted as evidence that your assumption of what the setup must be because a setup that doesn’t fit your guidelines is illogical and no one would ever do it, is wrong.

See also:
Draculafia (Madge was doctor, I was bodyguard).
Dollhouse (freezeblade was doctor, adnapemit had 1-shot doctor, I was bulletproof).
Diablo (ahippo was bodyguard, SirGabriel was doctor)
X-Men (this was a very power heavy game with minimal bastardry in that the mod was pretty open about the setup and mechanics, read this for an example of an outlandish setup that worked).


bessie wrote:
Vicarin wrote: Out of those games, I'm pretty sure all but X-Men had an SK (as you say, X-Men was kind of weird, and also high powered). Going by the single observed kill and likelihood of a cult, along with town probably having weaker powers to offset the multilynch, I'd put the chance of multiple protective roles as pretty low right now.
Sigh. Ok, I can't think of an example off the top of my head of a game with multiple protective powers and no serial killer, but will think about it maybe one will come to me. But why are you so sure we don’t have a serial killer? As you’ve observed, they’re quite common on this forum.


The weird thing to me was that you got it blatantly wrong (I looked at the games and they immediately contradicted what you said), and then when I pointed it out, you backed down on that point, but also acted as if it was ultimately unimportant. That reminds me heavily of this game.

Damn EGW withholding his kill N1 making setup speculation for that game difficult grumble grumble...

@Mark: Nothing wrong with putting your vote on one of your main scum reads at the moment anyway, I just wouldn't do it on moody right now.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 am UTC

I'll log on tmrw morning and place my vote.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:33 am UTC

Also, if you believe you're terrible at scum hunting, then you're not going to get better at it just by going along with what everyone else is saying, you get better by practicing and reading over what people have said. Reading over past games can help too seeing as you can test how good your reads are in that case.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:39 am UTC

I might do that this weekend.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:40 am UTC

Heads up that deadline is at 4am for me so I'm not indulging in any last minute shenanigans. Sort out stuff like claims sooner rather than later, please.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:13 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:[And if BoomFrog honestly truely believed you were indie at the time he made his bottom three list, I will consider it his application for the position of “bessie’s D2 tunnel”. I’m wondering if he already figured that out, since he went back in to character.

I was going to provide immediate translation but was then ninja'd by your post saying you figured out my answer after rereading. So I deleted the translation and left the offer to translate. Anyway, moody got the best translation, "I believe Vic is town or pro-town Indy." Vic cared about sorting me.
WTF? Post in question:
BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:I agree. Everyone should give a bottom 3.

Moody, LaserGuy, huh... umm I actually have too many town... 3rd by PoE is Madge or Bessie.
So BoomFrog, to be absolutely clear, are you solidly town reading Vicarin, and in your opinion there is no possibility Vicarin is indie?

The mongoose will bite the farmers hand.
But more often the serpents neck.
Translation available at Bessie's request.
How the heck did I figure out your meaning before you even posted it? You’re the oracle, not me. I didn’t even post for like another hour and a half after you, here.

I never said I figured out your meaning. I just didn’t ask you for a translation because I wanted to see how Vicarin reacted. And I have seen. So go ahead and bark for the rest of the game if you wish.

Oh, and BoomFrog, now that you have answered my question, you would lynch a PoE before a possible indie? Or do you think there are four non town in this game?


mpolo wrote:BoomFrog's role-playing draws so much attention at the beginning, that it seems less likely to come from scum, but Boom is good enough that it could go either way.
Sigh. Again. mpolo, it's NAI. BoomFrog decided to do this two weeks ago. See here.

And naturally it’s all about me me me.

ME ME ME.



:shock: Oh my. Vicarin's about to get his own post.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby Vicarin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 am UTC

Yayyyyyy......

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Wheel of Time 3 - A Divided Sisterhood (D1)

Postby bessie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:25 am UTC

Hmmm, Vicarin, what is your current read on wam?

Vicarin wrote: @bessie: Ok, taking some humble pie and eating it now, it was you saying that having no SK and multiple protective roles was reasonable. The context is this exchange, as I was arguing that because of the 1 kill and the way I knew there was a bodyguard that I thought it was unlikely that there was another protective role, in addition to an SK as well.

Vicarin wrote:The weird thing to me was that you got it blatantly wrong (I looked at the games and they immediately contradicted what you said), and then when I pointed it out, you backed down on that point, but also acted as if it was ultimately unimportant. That reminds me heavily of this game.

Damn EGW withholding his kill N1 making setup speculation for that game difficult grumble grumble...

First of all, seriously, you need to google the meaning of humble pie.

Second, you’re perhaps not surprisingly still somehow stuck on this. You made a poorly phrased argument based on what you believed the setup had to be because no other setup could be acceptable to your sense of logic. I gave examples based on what I thought was your question. You said no that’s not what I meant. I was like OK fine I can throw a few more hours at this but why. I never backed down. You are incorrect on that point. It was ultimately unimportant. You are incorrect a second time.

Soooooo, what you would like me to do right now? You give me the exact criteria of a game you would like me to find, and I will do so, or I will fail. You either ask me to do this right now... OR... you admit right now that you are wrong, and that all I did in the case you are bringing up is that I did not complete a task.

I just know that you can’t accept being wrong. You will probably challenge me on this, because if you don’t, I am going to take it as an admission by you that you are wrong. You would rather I spend the remainder of D1 on a worthless task that I might fail at (but don't count on it) than working on analysis or reads. This is non alignment indicative for you. That is the alarming part.


Vicarin wrote:Sort out stuff like claims sooner rather than later, please.

There is absolutely no way I would recommend anyone claim. Vicarin’s not interested in wam. He’s still searching for his real target.


Back with more later, unless someone puts moody at L-1 to shut me up.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sabrar and 11 guests