Meta Mafia II: Day 5

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Meta Mafia II: Day 4

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 am UTC

EVWOP to fix quote:
Madge wrote:
plytho wrote:Updated list:

plytho
LaserGuy
jimbob
madge
wam
mpolo
Moody
boomfrog
Mark

Based on this Sheeping town, I'm good to vote any of the bottom 3. I target moody the most personally.
Madge, I assume you're referring to mpolo/moody/BoomFrog, since Mark is dead?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 pm UTC

Ultimately, the three confirmed townies can decide this thing. The other four of us are (no surprise) finding the other three to be scummy. When considering this, town should not forget the name of the game here. Many of my posts would be very improbable for scum to make while operating under Sungura's meta. Hopefully Madge gets the time to look more closely.
Image <-- Evil experiment

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:27 pm UTC

I don't agree that there are three confirmed town. I think there is one confirmed (wam), one who had a major town-slip that I'm still considering (Madge), and one who, from what I think you're saying, is town because he didn't kill me N3 (BoomFrog). I'm very much uncertain about that last point. It's on my to-do list to review. I certainly don't think it guarantees town!BoomFrog (I think somebody else pointed out that scum might have role-copped plytho).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:03 pm UTC

Yeah that looks like an odd thing for town mpolo to say. Lacking the traditional town doubting. And I mentioned role cop.on plytho.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:13 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@LaserGuy - why do you rule out BoomFrog/moody and not me/moody, given I've been similar to BoomFrog in my stance on moody since D2?

Not that similar. BoomFrog initiated the push on moody at end of day D2 and has been on him ever since. You joined that wagon, but then moved back to Mark for most of D3.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm UTC

@Wam make sure to leave Madge instructions to follow before the end of the day. You could even leave multiple sets and then inform her of the true set by fruit code. I assume your delivery will go through even if you are NKed.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:41 pm UTC

wam wrote:Yeah that looks like an odd thing for town mpolo to say. Lacking the traditional town doubting. And I mentioned role cop.on plytho.

Confirmed as in "I have a townie read on them and there are strong reasons to believe they are town. I'm not 100% sure on BoomFrog, which is why I would prefer a moody lynch first. I am not sure how to rank LaserGuy and jimbob. I think LaserGuy is scummier, but I haven't examined him in detail in some time.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:
wam wrote:Yeah that looks like an odd thing for town mpolo to say. Lacking the traditional town doubting. And I mentioned role cop.on plytho.

Confirmed as in "I have a townie read on them and there are strong reasons to believe they are town. I'm not 100% sure on BoomFrog, which is why I would prefer a moody lynch first. I am not sure how to rank LaserGuy and jimbob. I think LaserGuy is scummier, but I haven't examined him in detail in some time.

You actually haven't looked at me in detail at all that I can see. Why do you find me scummy beyond that you have literally nobody else that you can fit into your scum pool?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 pm UTC

Okay, I'm going to do updated reads of BoomFrog, Madge and LaserGuy now, to give me perhaps some better idea of who to look at for the third scum.

BoomFrog:
Spoiler:
Drives home a question on wam on paying attention. Explains he analysed both town!SDK and scum!SDK cases at the end of D2. Doesn't understand wam finding it suspicious he acted immediately, and wants wam to explain himself more. Convinced himself overnight that SDK was town. Asks wam about his moody thoughts, and shares concern about opportunism with his views and votes. Wasn't pushing freezeblade for a lynch, but wanted him to full claim. Actually wanted reactions to his insistence that freezeblade full-claim, but didn't get anything interesting. Had been seriously considering scum!Madge until plytho points out the setup confusion posts. Doesn't think she faked it. Increases plyhto townieness for pointing it out. Scum playing well - no scum slips. Mark acted scummiest, but cant afford to lynch lurkers. Thinks most people think me and plytho are townie, maybe lesser so LaserGuy. Doesn't see a 3-person scum team for Mark. Happy to vote wam, moody or mpolo. Moody is likeliest scum. Points out some things earlier evidencing pressure for freezeblade to claim and reactions. Explains why he doesn't think people would be bussing Mark. Thinks any bussing was way too early to make sense. Suggests plytho, LG and I should co-ordinate the lynch. Disagrees with mpolo - mpolo doesn't have enough scum without Mark. Hadn't taken D1 soft-claim from freezeblade seriously, and thought it was unlikely from PR!FB D2, due to potential rolecop. Timing of soft claims not good. Encourages Madge to vote. Suggests she sheep. Accepts lynching Mark is a sensible choice, from plytho's logic, but doesn't want to lynch him, partly because scummy players support that lynch.

D4. Sarcasm over Mark flip, and shows surprise over wam claim, but 80% sure he's telling the truth. Asks wam questions to confirm his claim. Follows up. Assumes wam is confirmed town after wam explains. Gave me a pass D3. And testing mpolo was useless. Doubts both me and LG scum, so moody and mpolo must be. Moody looking squirmy and prods him. Doesn't remember moody going after wam. Wants mpolo to give full scum team. Mpolo feels really townie. Suggests wam instruct Madge how to act.
Okay, first point. I don't think BoomFrog is town purely because of his reaction to wam's claim. As already noted, I think there are various ways scum!BoomFrog could have reacted the way he did, and result in me not dying. Obvious examples being a role-cop on me getting a VT result, or a rolecop on plytho meaning that he was a higher importance to kill, but I could even see scum!BoomFrog just deciding not to kill me whilst the rolecop checked me out, in favour of killing the universally-believed town player. That being said, I've had a fairly strong town reading on BoomFrog for a while now. His explanations on Freezeblade do make a lot of sense. He's anti my top two scum players (mpolo and moody) (or at least was until re-reading mpolo...), and he was willing to relinquish control of the lynch to me, confirmed-town plyhto and LaserGuy. This last point only makes sense from scum him if he was confident we'd choose town, I think. Town was indeed lynched in the end, but at that point there were still several clear options, including moody and mpolo, at least one of whom has got to be scum for this to make any sense (there is no way that scum is BoomFrog/Madge/Laserguy).

LaserGuy:
Spoiler:
Completes reads list. Puts mpolo at neutral, to be re-reviewed, because doesn't have good sense of where he is on most players. plytho town (would be very hard for him to fake his conviction on SDK). Me very solid town (authenticity). BoomFrog skeptical town lean (good pushes on various people, doesn't like BF push on freezeblade). Puts wam, Madge, moody, mpolo as scummiest. Wam/moody top choices since nobody else interested in Madge. Discusses with me possible mpolo lynch, due to PoE, and nobody suspicious is going for him. Drop off in Mark content and lack of scum reads concerning, but doesn't like that his scum reads are leaning on Mark. Likes plytho's comment about Madge setup posts. Offers to support Mark lynch with me and plytho, but then backs down as Mark lynch gives him bad vibes. Happy to move back to wam or mpolo. Trusts plytho and votes Mark.

D4. Tentatively believes Mark claim, and finding it hard to think of a way that it could be faked. Town wam implies one of BF or me probably scum by PoE. Thinks scum is me/moody/mpolo. Uncomfortable with BF still being around, but unlikely buddies with moody, and moody likely scum. Reads me looking for references to other players. Thinks there's a decent chance I'm buddies with mpolo. Suggests scum had given up on moody by D3. Unsure about moody/me buddies due to aggressive bussing since D2. Doesn't think BF/me would hard-town read each other. BoomFrog/me/mpolo worst case scenario. Doesn't see BoomFrog bussing moody as likely since D2. Thinks me and mpolo are locked scum. Disagrees that my actions similar to BoomFrog re. moody. Wants to know why mpolo finds him scummy, given lack of detailed read of him.
LaserGuy has picked up more or less where he left off in my last read of him, where I put him as leaning town. I've been uncertain about him for most of the game so far, with him hovering fairly near that centre line that I dislike. I think his hesitance over lynching Mark is reasonable given Mark's town flip, but it's hardly definitive, since scum knew Mark to be town. I'm not comfortable with his scum by PoE read on me, although I can understand it, since essentially, that's likely where he is going to end up on my list. I haven't looked back at earlier content from LaserGuy, to see if he had significant dealings with mpolo or moody, and I don't know if I'll get the time to do so before deadline now. I think he is a possible buddy-candidate though at this point. I think he is scummier than BoomFrog, though if it weren't for PoE, I'd probably label him town.

Madge:
Spoiler:
Thinks wam and moody acting normally, hard to find them suspicious. Moody's logic is sound. If Mark is scum, he's doing a wonderful job. Found BoomFrog's attempts to lynch FB last minute odd, but probably neutral or slightly townie. Doesn't see scum trying to do it. Doesn't like the Mark wagon. Likes plytho defending her with the setup confusion. Generally prefers voting off lurkers. Wants mpolo and BoomFrog to explain who they do see as being linked. Mark should claim. Wants to sheep plytho, won't vote Mark, so votes moody for being not Mark. Doesn't understand why LG is townie. Doesn't think slip from plytho is scum slip. Unvotes moody, to avoid early hammer.

D4. Confirms receiving pineapple from wam. Confused why moody brought up that claiming doesn't clear her as town. Reveals breadcrumb. Finding moody suspicious, not sure why. Likes the case on moody more than mpolo. Wants to sheep dead plytho. Good to vote bottom 3 (BoomFrog, moody, maybe mpolo, but unclear).
I'm not 100% certain that the setup "slip" by Madge definitely confirms her as town. I think there's a small chance that scum might have noticed the inconsistency in the table/descriptions, and decided to agree later to fake something. I think it's relatively unlikely, but I certainly think it's possible. I like one or two of the things she's said recently, like the demand for mpolo/BoomFrog to provide links to other players. I forgive her sheeping of plytho, although if plytho is wrong, this would look bad for Madge, since scum!Madge could easily decide to sheep wrong!plytho, knowing that doing so would inevitably lead to a win for her. I had Madge as strongly townie early in the game, gradually sliding backwards over time though. I think without the setup confusion, I'd be inclined to put her as scummiest of her, LaserGuy and BoomFrog, but I think the setup ping is enough to push her behind LaserGuy.

That makes my current ordered list something like this:

Town
wam
BoomFrog
Madge
LaserGuy
mpolo
moody
Scum

I'm not willing to vote anybody outside moody and mpolo. I need to review links from them towards the other three to further refine my third scum candidate, but I don't think that will happen before day end, due to time.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:11 pm UTC

mpolo since previous read

Spoiler:
post 21: implications of Madge claiming fruit (!) wrt setup, most likely scenario is jailkeeper
post 22: responding to plytho's concern he was wanting cop to claim
post 23: almost ready to decide SDK is town. to do list
post 24: impressions of plytho, Madge, and Mark, positive in the first two, unsure on the third
post 25: detailed look at plytho, a little concerned over his tunnelling SDK, apparently thinks plytho is mistaken about SDK

mpolo turned out right in this case

post 26: fluff
post 27: detailed look of wam, noticed the same posting pattern that I did, concludes wam not lynchable
post 28: look at fb, accepts RL reasons for lurkiness, but finds him lynchable if not modkilled

D3
post 29: congratulates himself on reading SDK as town, followed by numerical speculation

This would seem to fall in the same category of statements as "Great job, doctor."

post 30: looks at fb's suspicion of jimbob, PR result specualtion, no useful strategy based off it
post 31: complains scum are killing noisy people
post 32: decides plytho is town, and leaning town on Madge
post 33: wam mostly townie, reading me on the to do list
post 34: detailed read on me, feels I'm a little inconsistent, but leaning townie. full reads with only LaserGuy as even slightly scummy
post 35: comments on full reads list and lack of scummy reads
post 36: detailed read on Mark, finds him very scummy, votes Mark and specualtes on BF as scummate
post 37: similar to post 31, but wrt scum guiding lynch
post 38: response to jimbob on delay in wam's questions, points to where he answered what he figured wam was asking him
post 39: starts to read BF, decides impression of BF sheeping Mark was wrong and thinks better of BF for that.
post 40: unvotes Mark simply because he can't figure who his scum buddies are, narrows list of scum to wam, LG, and me
post 41: response to BF saying mpolo didn't have enough scum reads, points to post 35. still not convinced Mark and BF are both scum.
post 42: likes plytho on lynching Mark
post 43: with Mark claiming VT, his reason for reading him as town goes poof, but not going to hammer. decides me or wam are also lynchable
post 44: nothing to add to D3

D4
post 45: congratulates himself on his read of plytho, but surprised by wam claiming fruit vendor. null on Madge saying what fruit
post 46: PoE's his chosen three scum group: me, LG, jimbob. BoomFrog as a low probability other possible.
post 47: mostly fluff, but decides I'm scummiest of his three
post 48: read of me from D3. decides the supposed inconsistency he saw in post 34 is now scummy, and actually votes me.

He's damn lucky it was a Sunday with so few people posting

post 49: unvotes, reiterates his chosen three. states he only got around to reading me once I got interesting
post 50: apologizes to wam for poor scum hunting and looking scummy.
post 51:
Ultimately, the three confirmed townies can decide this thing. The other four of us are (no surprise) finding the other three to be scummy. When considering this, town should not forget the name of the game here. Many of my posts would be very improbable for scum to make while operating under Sungura's meta. Hopefully Madge gets the time to look more closely.

a. Those "confirmed townies" are of course from his point of view.
b. In case you haven't noticed, we're not really keeping up with the meta part much anymore

post 52: responds to wam's concern that mpolo has closed off possibilities too much with more or less a "You betcha"

I'm kind of concerned that his firm position at this point is "These three are scum, not going to vote for anyone else. If BF is scum, gg." His being wishy-washy on Mark was odd, especially unvoting simply because he can't determine the rest of his team. Overall, my opinion of him has backslid a lot to where scumteams with him in it are not out of the question.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:EVWOP to fix quote:
Madge wrote:
plytho wrote:Updated list:

plytho
LaserGuy
jimbob
madge
wam
mpolo
Moody
boomfrog
Mark

Based on this Sheeping town, I'm good to vote any of the bottom 3. I target moody the most personally.
Madge, I assume you're referring to mpolo/moody/BoomFrog, since Mark is dead?

Yes, thought that was obvious!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Ultimately, the three confirmed townies can decide this thing. The other four of us are (no surprise) finding the other three to be scummy. When considering this, town should not forget the name of the game here. Many of my posts would be very improbable for scum to make while operating under Sungura's meta. Hopefully Madge gets the time to look more closely.

I agree with you about your meta, but I worry that you are scum roleplaying badly is more likely. However it has been giving you major townie points all game and makes me unlikely to vote you despite your position in plytho list.

(btw easier to phone post in multiple posts so deal with it guys!)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:11 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I don't agree that there are three confirmed town. I think there is one confirmed (wam), one who had a major town-slip that I'm still considering (Madge), and one who, from what I think you're saying, is town because he didn't kill me N3 (BoomFrog). I'm very much uncertain about that last point. It's on my to-do list to review. I certainly don't think it guarantees town!BoomFrog (I think somebody else pointed out that scum might have role-copped plytho).

I agree boomfrog gets townie points from wams gambit and this + mpolo is why I target moody atm

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Wam make sure to leave Madge instructions to follow before the end of the day. You could even leave multiple sets and then inform her of the true set by fruit code. I assume your delivery will go through even if you are NKed.

Instructions for what? Vote targets? I missed something.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:05 am UTC

Madge wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@Wam make sure to leave Madge instructions to follow before the end of the day. You could even leave multiple sets and then inform her of the true set by fruit code. I assume your delivery will go through even if you are NKed.

Instructions for what? Vote targets? I missed something.

Yes. I meant he can let you sheep him tomorrow from beyond the grave. Since you don't have time to really follow the game. (Mostly I just want him to tell you to not lynch me haha)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:54 am UTC

I can't really think of any instructions to leave Madge that I haven't said already!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:30 am UTC

Madge, do you have any thoughts on whether a BoomFrog/mpolo/moody team makes sense.

With 48 hours to go, it's probably time to start committing to who we want to vote for. I suggest underline votes:

Vote moody
BlitzGirl the Primordial

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 am UTC

moody wrote:I'm kind of concerned that his firm position at this point is "These three are scum, not going to vote for anyone else. If BF is scum, gg." His being wishy-washy on Mark was odd, especially unvoting simply because he can't determine the rest of his team. Overall, my opinion of him has backslid a lot to where scumteams with him in it are not out of the question.

To be clear, my position is that we first lynch the most likely scum from that pool of three, in the hopes that more clarity on BoomFrog comes. Since I am doomed to either lose twenty dollars and my self respect with my lynch or be around until endgame, since scum is obviously not going to night-kill me (scum: please night-kill me!), I have plenty of time to come to that clarity.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 am UTC

Vote: moody

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:29 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Madge, do you have any thoughts on whether a BoomFrog/mpolo/moody team makes sense.

With 48 hours to go, it's probably time to start committing to who we want to vote for. I suggest underline votes:

Vote moody

No thoughts on teams, sorry

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am UTC

My underline vote is also moody.

I feel like we have clear consensus on this, nobody seems against it? Worried it means scum is salivating about their win, or accepting that moody will die but they can easily come back.

That said I don't have any better ideas so I am still on board...

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:53 pm UTC

Unofficial Underline Votals

(3)moody7277: jimbobmacdoodle, mpolo, Madge

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:13 pm UTC

I'm obviously voting Moody too. If Moody's not scum then I've lost all ability to play this game. This is the circumstance when scum bus, when we are down to a small lynch pool and they'd have to jump through mental hoops to justify not lynching their buddy They had all last night to talk about it.

Mpolo has the right attitude, it is time to start betting the game on our decisions and committing to them, because we are not going to get any more facts before the game ends. If we are going to lynch moody then you should assume he is scum for your further analysis because if he's town then we don't get to keep making decisions.

Laserguy and JimBob are both trying to keep the door open for vagueness and that is scummy at this stage of the game.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 pm UTC

By poe my view is moody and mpolo. With one of laser and jimbob. I'm leaning towards jimbob but I don't know.

Shall we just get on with the lynch?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm UTC

I know you're excited to get night killed and go read spoilers but I would like to do my analysis and have you double check it before you die. I'll probably get to it sometime late today or tomorrow.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:04 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I know you're excited to get night killed and go read spoilers but I would like to do my analysis and have you double check it before you die. I'll probably get to it sometime late today or tomorrow.

Fair enough

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:58 pm UTC

Madge wrote:My underline vote is also moody.

I feel like we have clear consensus on this, nobody seems against it? Worried it means scum is salivating about their win, or accepting that moody will die but they can easily come back.

That said I don't have any better ideas so I am still on board...

This is pretty much where I'm at.

moody doesn't sound like desperate Town trying to salvage the game, so that's a plus. But the fact that we have a consensus lynch in LYLO gives me really weird vibes, especially since the people I know are scum are the ones jumping out in front of this. Hmm... I guess we're no worse off resolving the BoomFrog/moody question now rather than on a later day. Scum isn't going to resolve it for us with the NK.

My underline vote is on moody.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:23 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Laserguy and JimBob are both trying to keep the door open for vagueness and that is scummy at this stage of the game.

I'm uncomfortable with this situation because I know I'm a bad LYLO player. I actually don't think I've ever won a game where I reached LYLO alive, and I'm usually the one who ends up voting for Town and throwing the game :?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Laserguy and JimBob are both trying to keep the door open for vagueness and that is scummy at this stage of the game.

I'm uncomfortable with this situation because I know I'm a bad LYLO player. I actually don't think I've ever won a game where I reached LYLO alive, and I'm usually the one who ends up voting for Town and throwing the game :?

I see you've started RPing as Madge again. :lol:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 pm UTC

I can't speak for LaserGuy, but I don't want to put down a definitive three-person team until I've had time to properly conclude my buddy analysis of people. I haven't had the time to do that unfortunately, and don't think I will get to it before day end now (I'm out basically all of tomorrow). I am committed to mpolo and moody as the first two team members. If you put a gun to my head at this point and forced me to choose a third, it would be LaserGuy.
LaserGuy wrote:But the fact that we have a consensus lynch in LYLO gives me really weird vibes, especially since the people I know are scum are the ones jumping out in front of this.
I get what you're saying, but assuming moody is scum, I would be amazed if scum hadn't already agreed to full-on bus him today, in the hope that they can take down a town on one of the next two days. If moody is town, then he's not done a very good job of defending himself at all, and he should just self-vote to get the game over and done with (he is Vytron after all - self-voting is his thing right :lol: ?)
BlitzGirl the Primordial

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:09 pm UTC

I'm going to simply assume that Madge, Wam and I are town and moody is scum. If any of these premise are false we just lose so no need to consider them.

Spoiler:
LaserGuy:
Repeatedly slung mud at mpolo that his "new syle made LG nervous" but never made anythng out of it without others support. - scummy and not mates with mpolo
I overlooked this at the time, but this moody read doesn't make sense to me. Why is SDK being town make moody town? Moody had put SDK in his "votables" pile.
LaserGuy D2 reads list wrote:Moody: Naughty if SDK is scum. Nice if Town. Feels like he's hedging a bit on SDK read. Could be buddy trying to keep options open. Busier than usual which I don't yet know how to read. Other content okay.

D2 throws out a Madge vote to avoid deciding between SDK and Mark. - slightly scummy
Softly attacks me for pushing FreezeBlade lynch but lets it go. - slightly scummy
D3 puts wam and Madge below moody, a comfortable spot for a scumbuddy - scummy
when faced with mpolo or moody as options pushes for mpolo as "compromise" even though moody is generally considered scummier - scummy if mpolo is town
This post offers to compromise to Mark despite having mark high on his townie list and "not liking that scummy people are voting for Mark" - Really scummy
Last minute moves vote to moody - townie

JimBob:
Finds moody townie and Madge scummy - slightly scummy
Accepted FreezeBlades softclaim D2 super-fast. I think scum know it was 100% true and it was hard to keep the tinge of skepticism - scummy
defends SDK - townie
Late D2 jump onto moody wagon. is was possible this would have landed. - townie
Finds Mark scummy for flimsy reasons - slightly scummy
Eager to label wam as scum - scummy
D3 puts mark and wam below moody, a comfortable spot for a scumbuddy - scummy
Last minute moves vote to moody - townie
Works to try and get moody lynched by unvoting so madge can vote - townie

mpolo:
D2 found madge surprisingly townie - slightly town
D3 reads list is very unique. Finds laserguy scummiest and wam townie which is interesting. - slightly townie
D3 inclined to vote mark - scummy
Nervous about Mark's lack of scummates before anyone else brings up that issue - townie
Unvotes Mark, four scummiest are "wam, LaserGuy, jimbobmacdoodle, moody." - very townie
In the end doesn't vote, tacitly voting Mark - scummy

Well LaserGuy looks the scummiest of the three, then JimBob then mpolo. The biggest "townieness" of JimBob and Laser is they seriously voted moody D3 before plytho pulled the lynch back to Mark. If moody is their buddy that was a serious bussing. I'm going to have to think about if other theories make sense. JimBob and Laser have been very coordinated, So the only other theory I can think of is that Moody is town and mpolo is scum.

Did a quick reread, moody's content is fairly lackluster. Voted SDK, voted Mark early, didn't reconsider for the lack of teammates. Had mpolo as top townie D3 which is bizarre. Put 5 townies in his bottom 6 of his scum-list. I guess I just have to assume moody told his buddies it's okay to bus him. I really can't see town!moody behaving like this.

@moody, why was mpolo your top townie at the end of D3?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 pm UTC

wam wrote:I can't really think of any instructions to leave Madge that I haven't said already!

I mostly just want you to tell her explicitly to follow my lead. You're going to die Night4, and day 5 she and I will have to work together. Since she doesn't have time to really follow things I'm worried she will be swayed to vote me over JimBob or LaserGuy. Since you are confirmed town she will trust you. So I'd like you to decide now to trust me and tell her to trust me, or just lynch me and get it over with.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:34 pm UTC

I'm not going to blindly sheep town you know. I am wary of you, boomfrog, and I don't know why but that wariness means I'm unlikely to sheep you, doesn't mean I will be voting for you, but I'm too wary to trust your reads. Also if you are scum and wam endorses you, scum might kill wam so I will do the wrong thing. I'm not stupid I know my lack of time means sheeping the dead which means scum will kill accordingly. That said, for now killing conftown may be more important to them than trying to manipulate me.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:57 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@moody, why was mpolo your top townie at the end of D3?

His early game content looked townie enough that when I reviewed him mid-D2 that was where I put him. The read was kept because of the reasons given here.

I am guessing that this is the list several people have been referring to?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 am UTC

Madge wrote:I'm not going to blindly sheep town you know. I am wary of you, boomfrog, and I don't know why but that wariness means I'm unlikely to sheep you, doesn't mean I will be voting for you, but I'm too wary to trust your reads. Also if you are scum and wam endorses you, scum might kill wam so I will do the wrong thing. I'm not stupid I know my lack of time means sheeping the dead which means scum will kill accordingly. That said, for now killing conftown may be more important to them than trying to manipulate me.
Understandable, it's just frustrating because as scum that tactic probably wouldn't stop me but as town it might make me lose. Wam is dead tonight no matter what so I wouldn't read too much into it.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:@moody, why was mpolo your top townie at the end of D3?

His early game content looked townie enough that when I reviewed him mid-D2 that was where I put him. The read was kept because of the reasons given here.

I am guessing that this is the list several people have been referring to?

yes that list. It seems odd that he was "up there with plytho" and then turned into "above plytho by so much he deserve a space before plytho's name".

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:23 am UTC

As the temperature cooled, so did the discussion. It was a relief to all when the doorbell rang. Diemo left to answer the door, and returned with several large bags.

Diemo: All right everyone, dinner has arrived!
jimbobmacdoodle: Great, what did you order?
Diemo: [rummaging through the bags] Chinese. Hmm, did they remember to include plates?
Madge: Nice, egg rolls, pass those to me!
wam: [passes container to LaserGuy] Here have some orange chicken.
LaserGuy: [passes container back to wam] No, I don’t like orange.
moody7277: Well it’s not actually orange.
bessie: It is a little orangeish.
LaserGuy: Get it away from me.
mpolo: Should we have a quick vote or wait until after dinner?
BoomFrog:[biting into an egg roll] I don’t think anyone’s ready to vote yet.
Diemo: bessie, why don’t you take a quick count?

Official Votals:

None

Not Voting (7) : BoomFrog, jimbobmacdoodle, LaserGuy, Madge, moody7277, mpolo, wam

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to hammer.

Deadline is Friday 10AM GMT+1

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:03 am UTC

Are we waiting for any major promised postings? Or should we start voting now?

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Are we waiting for any major promised postings? Or should we start voting now?

Boomfrog.

Also based on my reads so far this game I wouldn't suggest anyone uses my reads!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Are we waiting for any major promised postings? Or should we start voting now?
I'm happy once BoomFrog is done. As noted, I won't have time by deadline to do the analysis I'd like to do, but I don't think it's critical at this point, and can wait until D5.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Return to “Mafia”