X-Men Mafia: Resolution

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka

X-Men Mafia: Resolution

Postby dimochka » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm UTC

X-Men Mafia

For many years, humans lived upon earth believing themselves to be the superior species. Unbeknownst to them, however, some were developing powers that could hardly be considered human. Once the people learned of these "mutants", they publicly condemned them, for it is easy to hate that which you do not understand. In response, many mutants wanted to fight and gain control of the Earth. All that now stands between them and destruction is a small group of mutants - the X-Men - dedicated to bringing peace and understanding between humans and mutants.

That is, if they figure out who is really on their side.

Standard Rules
Spoiler:
1. Do not talk about the game outside of this thread, apart from a properly labeled spoiler in the discussion thread.
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be founds without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. You may not quote the contents of any PM related to this game, but you can paraphrase.
6. If you have been killed in game, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," (or something similar) which reveals no information.
7. You may not edit your posts unless explicitly told to do so by the mod.
8. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
9. You must play to achieve your win condition.
10. Please make an effort to include me on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
11. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let me know.

Game-Specific rules (unspoilered as they are important):
1. Deadlines for days will be clearly defined but will be soft; you can continue posting until I end the day. The following day should start within 1-2 hours, since this is a nightless setup. Private chats can continue anytime. Extensions may be requested for good reasons.
2. If at any point a player receives a majority of votes, the day will end, even if the mod hasn't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached. Note that there are no hidden voting mechanics, so you will know it's hammer.
3. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
4. As this is a semi-open setup, you may not get answers to all questions.
5. You may only communicate with other players via PM if I have specifically allowed it.
6. Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
7. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignment and roles of all players killed since the previous day phase.
8. Name-claiming / Power-claiming is allowed. Alignments and wincons may change during the game.
9. If the majority votes No Lynch, there will be no lynch that day. Ties will also result in No Lynch.
10. There may or may not be more than two factions in the game.
11. Not every role PM listed is in the game, but every person playing has one of the role PMs listed.

Town Win Condition:
Spoiler:
You are town and win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Mafia Win Condition:
Spoiler:
You are scum and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated or this outcome is inevitable.

Other Win Conditions:
Spoiler:
Yeah... no. But they may exist.

Day/Night Length: Semi-turbo. Days will be 72 hours unless the majority of players feel that it's too short / too long. Feel free to pre-send night actions, and they may be conditional (within reason).

Role PMs
Spoiler:
Name: Cyclops
Role: You are the first of the mutants to join Professor X's team - the X-Men - and the tactical leader of the group.
Skills:
- Optic Blast: You can remove your ruby-quartz lenses to shoot a target of your choice. Note that using this power will weaken you, and you will not be able to use it more than once. You also cannot use any other action/device on the same night.
- True Love: You have private chat with Jean Grey. You do not know each other's alignments.

Name: Wolverine
Role: You are an animalistic mutant who was nearly tricked into killing the X-men, but ultimately joined them.
Skills:
- Enhanced Senses: You can sniff a target of your choice to smell everyone who either visited or was visited by your target. You won't know which is which.
- Regeneration (passive): Your healing ability can save you from one death, though not on its own. The first time you are targeted by a kill, IF Jubilee is alive, you will survive the attack. However, you will be too weak to vote during the following day phase.
- Romance: You have private night-chat with Jean Grey. You do not know each other's alignments.

Name: Rogue
Role: You are a member of the X-men with the ability to absorb powers or memories of others.
Skills:
- Leech: By touching your target, you will suck its power, rendering it unconscious. However, as you feel guilty for hurting people this way, you will also protect your target from any harm that would otherwise come to it at night.
- Siphon: Once per game, you may choose to suck the target's memories along with the powers. This will allow you to learn what the power was, as well as use it once the following night. The power duplicated will always be the first one listed under the relevant player's role. You may not use both powers on the same night.

Name: Storm
Role: You are a mutant with the control of the weather and the elements, as well as the other tactical leader of the team.
Skills:
- Charisma: Once per game, you may use your power of persuasion to make someone side with you. For that day, the person will have to vote for whomever you're voting, or abstain from voting altogether.
- Tornado: Once per game, you may create a tornado, which will require everyone to take cover. If used, the day will end immediately with no one lynched.

Name: Beast
Role: You are one of the smartest mutants on the X-Men team (and likely overall).
Skills:
- Inventor: Every night you can create an item to help you find your enemies. Your inventions can include X-ray goggles (cop), tracking chip (tracker), mini camera (watcher), neutralizing serum (roleblocker), or medkit (doctor). Unfortunately you have limited resources, and can therefore only make one of any given item during the game. You can choose to keep the item to use it yourself on the subsequent night phase, or give it to someone else. Note that you cannot create and use items on the same night.

Name: Gambit
Role: You are a former assassin, and a member of the X-Men.
Skills:
- Assassin Training: you can sneak up on your target, rendering it unconscious for the night and unable to perform any actions. Note that you cannot target the same individual more than once, as they will be much more vigilant going forward.
- Protector: Because of your attraction for Rogue, you will act as her bodyguard.

Name: Jubilee
Role: You are a mutant, former gymnast, and orphan who was rescued by the X-Men and joined them thereafter.
Skills:
- Pyrotechnics: You produced streams of bright colors which fly out of your hands towards your target, confusing and dazing it in the process. Any action that your target performs will be redirected back upon itself.
- Helping a Friend: As someone who helped Wolverine in the past, you can do so once more. During any day phase, PM me your decision regarding saving Wolverine or ignoring his call (you can change your mind anytime). If Wolverine is targeted by a kill and you said you would help, he will survive but you won't be able to perform any other actions that night; you will also be made aware of this. If, on the other hand, he is attacked and you chose not to help, you will be told nothing.

Name: Jean Grey / The Phoenix
Role: You are a telepath and one of the strongest mutants known to man.
Skills:
- Phoenix Fire: Once per game, you may choose to let the Phoenix take over. On that night, you will involuntarily kill anyone who targets you. Note that once you become a Phoenix, you will lose your ability to daychat (however, this will not be announced in any way).
- Love Triangle: You have separate day chats with both Cyclops and Wolverine.

Name: Professor X / Charles Xavier
Role: You are one of the world's best telepaths, and the founder of the X-Men.
Skills:
- Telepathy: Every day phase, you may choose someone to converse with privately via PM. You may continue conversing with the same person, or choose someone else (but you may only switch at the very beginning of a day phase).
- Mind Control: You can control someone and redirect their actions onto someone else.

Name: Magneto
Role: You are a mutant and a friend of Charles Xavier, though you prefer to support mutants in more combative ways.
Skills:
- Jack of All Trades: Your ability to bend metals allows you to easily create any contraptions that you believe would be useful to you. You may use a list of 1-shot powers that includes: cop, tracker, watcher, roleblocker, and doctor.

Name: Nightcrawler
Role: You are a mutant with the ability to teleport and enhanced agility.
SKills:
- Spy: You can quietly teleport next to people and examine them, finding out which side they are fighting for (alignment cop).
- Stealth: Because you are so quick and nimble, your actions cannot be tracked or watched (ninja).

Name: Ice Man
Role: You are a mutant with the ability to control cold and ice, and one of the strongest mutants on Earth.
Skills:
- Ice Shield: You can target someone to create a thin and barely visible yet extremely strong layer of ice around them. It will protect them from any one kill during that night.
- Temporary Cryogenesis: Once per game, you may use your Ice power on yourself, preventing all powers from targeting you that night.

Players:
Spoiler:
1. Heuristically_alone
2. Gopher of Pern
3. Sabrar
4. bessie
5. mpolo (I used to handle a couple of games at a time. Hope I still can.)
6. BoomFrog (Rooms and a boom is surprisingly slow paced. I can handle this too.)
7. LaserGuy
8. somitomi (here goes nothing)
9.The Peaceful Whale (^^^^^^)

Replacements:
1. Madge
2. adnapemit

Game Setup
Spoiler:
The way I generated the setup is as follows:
1. I first wrote all 12 role PMs, without any regard for balance or alignment. I generally tried to tie the powers to the character or backstory. Knowing flavor shouldn't matter because there are no hidden elements to any role. As a specific example, Nightcrawler was assigned the Ninja power well before alignment was determined. As another specific example, Magneto is just as likely to be anti-town as is anyone else in game.

2. I generated a random number between 1-10 to determine the setup:
- 1-3 = 7 town / 2 mafia
- 4-6 = 6 town / 2 mafia / 1 survivor setup
- 7 = 7 town / 2 cult
- 8 = 8 town / 1 cult (with cult recruiting on d0)
- 9 = 6 town / 2 mafia / 1 jester
- 10 = 6 town / 2 mafia / 1 sk

3. I generated a random number between 1-4 to determine godfathers/millers
- 1 would result in the first mafia or cult (not yet determined) to be a godfather
- 2 would result in one miller
- 3 would result in both godfather and a miller (per above)
- 4 would result in neither

4. I generated a random number between 1-12, corresponding to the 12 role PMs. Those were assigned to players in order of sign up (so for example, a result of 5 and then 8 meant that Heuristically_alone would get the Beast role PM, and Gopher of Pern would get the Jean Grey role PM).

5. Last random number generator (1-9) - to assign non-town alignments. First roll for scum/cult #1 (also assigned godfather, if applicable), then scum/cult #2, then indie, and finally miller (if applicable).
Last edited by dimochka on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:56 am UTC, edited 6 times in total.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Re: X-Men Mafia: Pregame

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 am UTC

Role PMs are being sent out right now. Please read the first post in its entirety, and then confirm that you received PM and read the post. If something doesn't make sense, please ask.

Also - I seriously don't know whom this setup favors (if anyone), so I apologize if it comes out unbalanced.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 am UTC

Does Jean Grey have day chat or night chat? Her pm says daychat, cyclops and wolverine says night chat
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Does Jean Grey have day chat or night chat? Her pm says daychat, cyclops and wolverine says night chat

My mistake. All existing chats are daychats, since it's a nightless setup.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:52 am UTC

Confirm.

- Wolverine's regeneration states that it always works if Jubilee is alive. Jubilee's ability states that she must make a choice. Which is the case?
- Is Storm's Charisma a day-power?
- Can Iceman use both his abilities on the same night?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:- Wolverine's regeneration states that it always works if Jubilee is alive. Jubilee's ability states that she must make a choice. Which is the case?

It will only work if Jubilee chooses to help him out. He will not know whether it will work. He also doesn't know whether she's actually in game.
Sabrar wrote:- Is Storm's Charisma a day-power?

The power must be submitted overnight to be effective on the following day.
Sabrar wrote:- Can Iceman use both his abilities on the same night?

No.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am UTC

Does Wolverines passive prevent him being lynched?
Will Jean Grey's phoenix ability prevent the actions used on her?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Does Wolverines passive prevent him being lynched?
Will Jean Grey's phoenix ability prevent the actions used on her?

No to both questions.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 am UTC

Confirm.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 am UTC

dimochka wrote:2. I generated a random number between 1-10 to determine the setup:
- 4-6 = 6 town /1 mafia / 1 survivor setup
I assume this would be 2 mafia?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:22 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
dimochka wrote:2. I generated a random number between 1-10 to determine the setup:
- 4-6 = 6 town /1 mafia / 1 survivor setup
I assume this would be 2 mafia?

Correct, and fixed.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:25 am UTC

Are godfather/miller status known to those who received them?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Are godfather/miller status known to those who received them?

Yes.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 am UTC

Confirm
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:sig'd

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am UTC

Confirm

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:24 am UTC

To clarify how Storm's Charisma works:
- If Storm uses Charisma N1 on a given player, the player will be explicitly told at the beginning of D2 that he is affected by Charisma, as well as Storm's identity (to know whose vote he must follow). This also means that there are two possible scenarios:
1. If the player has a vote placed, anytime Storm votes, that player's vote will also switch to the person for whom Storm is voting. The player is welcome to unvote at that point. Note that this can result in a hammer.
2. If the player does not have a vote placed and Storm votes, that player's vote remains unplaced, but he/she can only place a vote on the person for whom Storm is voting.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 am UTC

Confirmation of receiving role-PM

dimochka wrote:Inventor: Every night you can create an item to help you find your enemies. Your inventions can include X-ray goggles (cop), tracking chip (tracker), mini camera (watcher), neutralizing serum (roleblocker), or medkit (doctor). Unfortunately you have limited resources, and can therefore only make one of any given item during the game. You can choose to keep the item to use it yourself on the subsequent night phase, or give it to someone else. Note that you cannot create and use items on the same night.

That means Beast may create one of every item (one per night) and then use them once every night (unless they're making another one that night) until given away, right?
Can they use more than one device (power) at a time?
"It's like he's his own alt account. Saves all the logging in and out."/poxic
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:35 am UTC

somitomi wrote:Confirmation of receiving role-PM

dimochka wrote:Inventor: Every night you can create an item to help you find your enemies. Your inventions can include X-ray goggles (cop), tracking chip (tracker), mini camera (watcher), neutralizing serum (roleblocker), or medkit (doctor). Unfortunately you have limited resources, and can therefore only make one of any given item during the game. You can choose to keep the item to use it yourself on the subsequent night phase, or give it to someone else. Note that you cannot create and use items on the same night.

That means Beast may create one of every item (one per night) and then use them once every night (unless they're making another one that night) until given away, right?
Can they use more than one device (power) at a time?

Beast can only create a total of one item per night (not one of each), and once an item is created Beast cannot make it again. On subsequent nights Beast can either use an item that wasn't given away, or make a new item.
The act of giving an item away is basically a free action - on any night Beast can give away any number of items that he created. So if on N1 Beast made an item and kept it, and on N2 Beast made another item and kept it, On N3 Beast can either use one of the two items, or create a 3rd item. At the same time, regarless of that action, Beast can give away any/all of those 3 items on N3 in any fashion.
Items cannot be used simultaneously with other actions.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:52 am UTC

dimochka wrote:Items cannot be used simultaneously with other actions.

Is this specific to Beast or does it apply to all players? E.g. Cyclops has a restriction that his shot cannot be used at the same time with other devices but none of the others have this specifically.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:05 pm UTC

Confirmed
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:44 pm UTC

Can you give us the order in which the abilities will resolve? With multiple roleblocks/redirects available how will the end-result be determined if they interfere with each other?
Does the tornado ability of Storm have to be announced publicly in the thread (revealing her identity)?

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:19 pm UTC

Do the doctor powers and Ice Man protect from cult or from kills only?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:28 pm UTC

Confirm PM received.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:50 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
dimochka wrote:Items cannot be used simultaneously with other actions.

Is this specific to Beast or does it apply to all players? E.g. Cyclops has a restriction that his shot cannot be used at the same time with other devices but none of the others have this specifically.

It's specific to Beast; making a new item takes his full concentration.

Here's the idea behind item use: if a player is using a "once per game" action, such as Cyclops's Optic Blast, Rogue's Siphon, Storm's Charisma, Jean's Phoenix Fire, Ice-Man's Temporary Cryogenesis, or Jubilee's "Helping a Friend", that player cannot do other actions that night.

Sabrar wrote:Can you give us the order in which the abilities will resolve? With multiple roleblocks/redirects available how will the end-result be determined if they interfere with each other?

Order of operations would be something like this:
1. Jubilee's Helping a Friend, Ice-man Temporary Cryogenesis (both act similar to a commute, even though technically Jubilee won't find out about the attempt on Wv's life until after. This should be the only such exception).
2. Jubilee Pyrotechnics
3. Rogue Siphon
4. Gambit Assassin Training, Rogue Leech
5. Professor X Mind Control
6. Iceman Ice Shield, Beast Inventor, Wolverine Enhanced Senses, Storm Charisma
7. Cyclops Optic Blast, Mafia Kill
8. Cult Recruit
9. Nightcrawler Spy (note: yes, Nightcrawler's investigation happens post recruit)

- Storm's Tornado is a day action so it's not applicable.
- Jean's Phoenix fire works like a passive action. All actions targeted at Jean will succeed, and so will Jean's subsequent PGO.
- You should be able to figure out Magneto's JOAT and Beast's inventions order based on the above. If unsure, please let me know. Also if you really feel like some part of the ordering above doesn't make logical sense, I am open to discussing.

Sabrar wrote:Does the tornado ability of Storm have to be announced publicly in the thread (revealing her identity)?

No, Storm will PM me to put this into action, and it will be effective as of the time of the sent PM.

bessie wrote:Do the doctor powers and Ice Man protect from cult or from kills only?

Because ice-man is an Omega level mutant (basically a very powerful mutant), assume that his powers protect from both physical attack (kills) and mental attacks (cult).
Last edited by dimochka on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

dimochka

X-Men Mafia: Day 1

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm UTC

Looks like everyone but mpolo has read their PMs and confirmed (I can't count). Let's begin...

The sun rose above the trees surrounding Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters around 6 in the morning. All was quiet as usual. And then it wasn't.

An explosion rocked the Eastern wing, followed by more fire throughout the building. Jumping from their beds, the X-men quickly rounded up all the students and sent them through a hidden tunnel towards one of the two jets parked off in the distance. This wasn't their first time, and within 15 minutes everyone but the main team was out. But it was then that everything changed. Everyone's vision shimmered, and seconds later the mansion seemed to have been teleported to a different planet.

"Mutants!" said a familiar voice. "I am Apocalypse. You have opposed me for long, and so I have decided to test if you are worthy. The only way out of this place is to defeat the enemies I have placed in your way. But here is the catch - the enemies may not be who you think they are...". And the voice faded.

The mutants all got together to try and make a plan, but no one proposed a sound solution. Moreover, there were only 9 mutants in the room, but no one could remember who was missing of the 12 that were in the mansion. Finally one solution emerged as most logical - the good ol' lynch.

It's now Day 1. 9 players alive, 5 to hammer.

D1 Deadline [Click here!] in about 3 days (and is a soft deadline, assuming no one reached majority).

Quick clarification: Scum/Cult have their own private chat, and they have access to the regular mafia kill / cult recruit. I updated the post above with where those fall in terms of order.
Last edited by dimochka on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

heuristically_alone

Re: X-Men Mafia: Day 1

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:36 pm UTC

I count 8 players confirmed.

Anyhow first thoughts:

Since there are 12 roles and 9 players Jean grey, cyclops, wolverine, and jubilee probably all exist in this setup.
Nightcrawler and Iceman seem to have the scummiest looking powers. However I am leaning on the idea that one of the two that jean grey have day chat with (cyclops and wolverine) are mafia. Though wolverine based on his power can't be mafia, so that would make cyclops mafia in that scenario. I suppose I see Jean Grey being mafia with their power and it makes sense for one of those 3 at least to be mafia. Leaning on mafia team cyclops and nightcrawler.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:40 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I count 8 players confirmed.

Anyhow first thoughts:

Since there are 12 roles and 9 players Jean grey, cyclops, wolverine, and jubilee probably all exist in this setup.
Nightcrawler and Iceman seem to have the scummiest looking powers. However I am leaning on the idea that one of the two that jean grey have day chat with (cyclops and wolverine) are mafia. Though wolverine based on his power can't be mafia, so that would make cyclops mafia in that scenario. I suppose I see Jean Grey being mafia with their power and it makes sense for one of those 3 at least to be mafia. Leaning on mafia team cyclops and nightcrawler.

Where are you getting this from? Roles and alignments are randomly assigned. For that matter, how do you know there is mafia rather than cult?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:54 pm UTC

Ok somehow I missed the game setup spoiler and was assuming a normal 9 player 2 mafia game. Well disregard everything I just said and my spoiler thoughts in gojoe postgame haha.

If it truly is random alignment then some roles would be just plain ridiculous as mafia.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:If it truly is random alignment then some roles would be just plain ridiculous as mafia.

Check out the "Game Setup" spoiler in the first post to see how this setup was put together.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Nightcrawler and Iceman seem to have the scummiest looking powers.
WTF? They are Cop and Doctor respectively with some sort of self-protection thrown in.

My very first thought was that Storm is stupidly overpowered as mafia or cult. In fact if we have Survivor and Storm is scum then we could be at LYLO already.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

EBWOP

Vote: Gopher of Pern

For the lulz.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 pm UTC

Sheesh, that looks complicated. Apparently any role can have any alignment and we can be in a whole load of setups

Oh, yeah:
vote: Sabrar
He's been scum in every game I played :P
"It's like he's his own alt account. Saves all the logging in and out."/poxic
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:35 pm UTC

Vote bessie

Otherwise she won't get any votes this game.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:28 pm UTC

Agreed with Sabrar, Mafia Storm is a huge threat. I think Storm should claim so that she can be the focus of investigations if investigators feel it's necessary. Mafia Cyclops is also really bad, but I don't think he should claim D1 necessarily. Town Storm isn't that great but town Cyclops would be really nice (if they have good aim).
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:31 pm UTC

Downside of Storm claiming is if we have a cult. So Don't jump the gun and claim until we've discussed this.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:33 pm UTC

The jester doesn't cause any additional damage when lynched right? It's only a win condition? No "jester bomb"?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote: The jester doesn't cause any additional damage when lynched right? It's only a win condition? No "jester bomb"?

Correct.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 pm UTC

Since this is a turbo game I'm going to start discussing D2 strategies now as well. I think at the beginning of the day we should all claim every kind of result we could potentially have, mostly false but the real investigators can claim real results. This will essentially give us perfect breadcrumbs in the event of N2 death's and restrict false claims in the end game, but the downside is giving scum some clues as to our roles. I think it's worth the cost. Thoughts?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:08 pm UTC

I'm not so sure, how do we know you yourself aren't scum? Seems like something scum would try and get us to do... also let's say someone says they are wolverine, but I'm wolverine, then I know that they aren't wolverine...
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:29 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:I'm not so sure, how do we know you yourself aren't scum? Seems like something scum would try and get us to do... also let's say someone says they are wolverine, but I'm wolverine, then I know that they aren't wolverine...

What do you think is scummy about this particular suggestion?

BoomFrog wrote:Downside of Storm claiming is if we have a cult. So Don't jump the gun and claim until we've discussed this.

Honestly, my gut feeling is that it might be best to policy lynch her. Doesn't help if Storm is mafia, of course, but if there's a cult, she's going to be a huge liability. Or maybe Storm claims D2 when we'll have a better idea if it's cult or mafia setup?

Return to “Mafia”