2R1B1B Round 2 Room A

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

2R1B1B Round 2 Room A

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:32 pm UTC

This is a game thread for Two Rooms, One Boom And A Bang. Game info is here.

Please post in this thread only if you are listed as being in this room, and only for the duration of Round 2, running from 12:00 AM Monday, July 9 to 11:00 PM Saturday, July 12, UTC.

If you are in this room, do not read the thread for the other room.

Players in this room:
Madge
BoomFrog (Leader)
bessie

Players in the other room:
mpolo
Gopher of Pern
heuristically_alone

This round will commence shortly.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: 2R1B1B Round 2 Room A

Postby ConMan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 pm UTC

The round has begun, and will end in 95 hours.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:12 am UTC

Hi Bessie! Do you want to do this the fun way or the boring way? Both end with the same result, but the fun way takes longer. :D
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:19 am UTC

The game is: "Guess what happened Day 1". Your first clue will be coming from Madge when she whispers you begging you to vote for a change in leadership. That should be enough to almost get it assuming you had anywhere near a productive conversation in room B D1.

Second clue is a big one. So don't check it until you're stuck. Here it is:
Offer Card Share with Bessie
Spoiler:
Bomber.

Here's my guess what happened in room B D1. You may of course read it, but I would prefer you guess what happened here first because my guess will contain extra clues that may make your challenge too easy.
Spoiler:
You are the gambler. There was a little talk about the setup, then you agreed to card share with someone else, they are the sniper. You both tried to get the third person to card share but they refused both of you. You and the sniper discussed leadership and whispered a bit about working together. It was decided that they would become leader and you would be sent here to get more info.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:51 am UTC

Ok, here's my guess as to what happened in this room on D1. I don't need any clues.
Spoiler:
The leader [BoomFrog] is red/blue. The leader has a deal with the grey [heurey], and sent the grey to the other room. The leader is planning on keeping the loser [Madge] in this room until the final round, and depending on the leader's color, the leader will keep the loser or send the loser to the other room. This was my expectation at the end of the last round, and I just needed to fill in the names when I got here (although I had a pretty good guess as to one of them already :wink: ).

Accept card share with BoomFrog.
Spoiler:
Decoy.

Can I read those spoilers now? :)

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:07 am UTC

Yeah. Nicely done. :)

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 am UTC

Whisper BoomFrog
Spoiler:
BoomFrog wrote:You are the gambler. There was a little talk about the setup, then you agreed to card share with someone else, they are the sniper. You both tried to get the third person to card share but they refused both of you. You and the sniper discussed leadership and whispered a bit about working together. It was decided that they would become leader and you would be sent here to get more info.
Nicely done back, this is almost exactly what happened. The sniper and the gambler card shared, and the decoy decided not to share with either. They do not know my card, but "know" my color. There is a possibility that one of them will come here next round if they don't get the information they want from Heury, and could side with Madge. So shall we work together and come up with a plan? You know I like my plans. :D

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:39 am UTC

So... I was waiting for a PM telling me to come to this room, but I've managed for find my way here after wondering what was taking so long for me to get my PM, and I find out that everything's already been happening, which means I don't even get the advantage of a first mover advantage.

Public role reveal: President

Bessie: I would try to beg for your help, but I don't know what that would accomplish. If you're gambler then, well, you don't really care which one of us wins, and you'll be able to work it out, so I'm not sure how to get what I want without turning this into a popularity contest, and I don't want any part in that. I'd tell you I'm trustworthy (I am), but if you're the gambler then you don't need to trust me, you know my role and BF's role so your victory is assured at this point.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:06 am UTC

Kinda feel bad leaving Madge out of the discussion but there is a minute chance that it could make a difference in the outcome of the game so... :|

Whisper Bessie
Spoiler:
Well, you probably shouldn't have shared with me, because now the sniper can find out from Madge that I know your role and then threaten me into "revealing" it. Of course the sniper can't verify my info in any way, so it still shouldn't matter. If that happens would you prefer I give a specific answer, or just flip a coin and give a random answer?

The good news regarding Heuristically is that I gave him a bunch of advice including, Don't share with anybody, and don't try to get allies, don't try to fake a slip, just shut up and wait till the end of the game for your 50% chance to win. He actually did a pretty good job of making me believe he was the president by "looking for allies" but eventually not sharing. Still, he's got a few misunderstandings about each roles strategies that might betray him if he talks to much.

Anyway, if round 3 brings someone who gives Madge leadership then that means you and Heui had control of room B in round 3. Round 4 starts with me and one of you in room B. If they keep kicking the new person out then we can never regain control of room A. So the end of the game will be 50/50 as Madge and I both decide if we want to stay or switch rooms. If she has any grey allies, it's impossible for me to trap her I think.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:10 am UTC

Madge wrote:So... I was waiting for a PM telling me to come to this room, but I've managed for find my way here after wondering what was taking so long for me to get my PM, and I find out that everything's already been happening, which means I don't even get the advantage of a first mover advantage.

Public role reveal: President

Bessie: I would try to beg for your help, but I don't know what that would accomplish. If you're gambler then, well, you don't really care which one of us wins, and you'll be able to work it out, so I'm not sure how to get what I want without turning this into a popularity contest, and I don't want any part in that. I'd tell you I'm trustworthy (I am), but if you're the gambler then you don't need to trust me, you know my role and BF's role so your victory is assured at this point.

Yeah, I don't think any of us realized how important leadership is. Thursday morning I suddenly realized, 'Oh hey! I win if I share with the president while I'm the leader. I should share with everyone!' There's no reason for any grey to care about either of us anymore and besides a popularity contest (which I would also not engage in even if the positions were reversed) there is no reason for this leadership situation to change. So Madge, how do you want to pass the time as you are metaphorically tied to the chair while I metaphorically smoke my last cigarette.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 am UTC

Honestly, I hate playing games where my loss is assured, especially when I feel it's unfair (it's not, but I feel that way because I'd rather blame the game than blame my poor play*), so given my druthers I'd want to forfeit, but that's bad sportsmanship.

In lieu of that:

Vote to end day early

Maybe whoever replaces Bessie might help me out?

*my first instinct was to fake claim gambler, which might have gone better: or at least differently. Otherwise, abdicating the leadership to show BF that I wouldn't be swayed by Heuri was monumentally stupid. So you know, it IS entirely my own fault, and I suppose I should endorse a BF win on that basis.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm UTC

Once Bessie and I finish out pointless discussion I would also move for ending the day early.

Can you let the other room know we are considering ending the day early and they can vote for such as well?

Hostage for D2:
Spoiler:
Bessie

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:09 am UTC

I will let the other room know there has been a request for early round end.

Also, I have noted the named hostage.
pollywog wrote:

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 am UTC

Sorry Madge, if it makes you feel any better, posting first really wouldn’t have helped. I was going to side with the leader for reasons. And I’m glad this isn’t a popularity contest because I would have a difficult time choosing between Madge, whom I strongly suspect is one of the cleverest people I know and I admire her for it, and BoomFrog, with whom I am totally smitten with after his brilliance in Shakespeare. (And Madge, I apologize for referring to the non-leader as “loser” in the above spoiler. It was just shorthand for “person who is not the leader of this room”. I realized afterwards that I chose my words poorly.)

Whisper BoomFrog
Spoiler:
Gopher of Pern is the gambler, he public revealed with an offer to help whomever shared with him first and made him the leader. He told me mpolo is the sniper, so I suspect he has no particular loyalty to mpolo, he only wants to know which two players are red/blue (and doesn’t need to know who is which color) so that he can make his guess. He does not know my card, and does not care unless I am blue/red. So if he finds out Heury’s card, he’s won. I gave him the same analysis I spoilered above, so I would assume he would expect Heury is grey regardless of what he is told. If not, then he might come over here himself and try to make a deal with the first person to try to help him. If mpolo is sent, you’ll need to make a deal with him. Tell him the truth, lie, or coin flip; I don’t think it matters because he’ll then need to decide if he believes you anyway.

I was unclear as to when the gambler makes his guess (before or after final room assignments are publicly revealed) so if Gopher thinks it’s before, he should be sending Heury back.
BoomFrog wrote:Anyway, if round 3 brings someone who gives Madge leadership then that means you and Heui had control of room B in round 3. Round 4 starts with me and one of you in room B. If they keep kicking the new person out then we can never regain control of room A. So the end of the game will be 50/50 as Madge and I both decide if we want to stay or switch rooms. If she has any grey allies, it's impossible for me to trap her I think.
I think that there is no Round 4 because we only have 6 players. Doesn’t matter anyway because you will be keeping Madge in this room.

As much as I would enjoy four more days of pointless discussion with you, its unfair to Madge, an we should probably get this over with. Anything else we need to discuss?

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:21 am UTC

Me? Among the cleverest people you know? If you'd seen my play yesterRound you'd disagree, but thank you ;)

When this is all over I basically take down my entire strategy in the spoiler I recently posted on Gojoe.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:04 pm UTC

Yep, seems right.

Vote to end the day.

I think this game format could be more fun, but it really is designed for a larger group of people, and there is the, "well the games is actually over already" problem. That problems not much of a problem when the game takes 15 minutes at most to play, but it is a problem when it takes 15-21 days to play. Maybe if we play more we can define a "inevitable win" criteria to prevent this problem. That would screw up the balance for all the grey roles though... : /

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:03 pm UTC

This round has ended. Bessie has been sent back to Room B, and heuristically_alone has been sent back to Room A. The final round will begin shortly.
pollywog wrote:

Return to “Mafia”