Although the Great Conflict burned hotter and longer than any of the stars in the sky, neither side could gain dominion over the other for long. Both factions sought some way to turn the tides of the war to their favor. With the ascension of Man and his mortal realm, the Great Conflict ground to a mysterious halt. Both armies paused in a breathless stalemate, waiting to see to whose side Man would eventually turn.
Mortals had the unique ability to choose between Darkness and Light, and it was held that this would be the deciding factor in the outcome of the Great Conflict. Thus, the agents of the nether-realms descended to the mortal realm to vie for the favor of Man...
2. Please stay on topic at all times.
3. Lurking is frowned upon; if you need to drop out, please let me know as soon as possible. If someone feels that another player isn't contributing to game play, please make me aware. Modkills will be handed out if replacement cannot be found without regard to balance.
4. If you aren't part of this game, please do not post in the thread.
5. Once it is nighttime, do not post in the thread.
6. You may not quote the contents of any PM related to this game, but you can paraphrase.
7. If you have been killed in game, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information. Or something along those lines, without giving out any information or hints to anyone still playing.
8. You may not edit your posts unless explicitly told to do so by the mod (which is not in any way expected to happen).
9. You cannot ruin the game for other players.
10. You must play to achieve your win condition.
11. Please make an effort to include me on all PMs. Mistakes happen but make me aware if they do.
12. All votes must be bolded and on a separate line. Unvotes are preferred but not required. If I miss something, let me know.
Game-Specific rules (unspoilered as they are important):
1. Deadlines for days will be clearly defined but will be soft; you can continue posting until I end the day. Deadlines for nights are hard deadlines; please do not post once that time ends. Extensions may be requested only for very good reasons.
2. If at any point a player receives a majority of votes, the day will end, even if the mod hasn't posted yet. You must not post after a majority is reached.
3. If you have questions, either post them IN BOLD in this thread, or PM me.
4. As this is a closed(ish) setup, you may not get answers to your questions.
5. You may only communicate with other players via PM if I have specifically said that you can do so.
6. Players cannot target themselves unless explicitly told so via PM.
7. At the start of each day phase I will reveal the alignment and roles of all players killed since the previous day phase.
8. Name-claiming / Power-claiming is allowed. Alignments and wincons can change during the game.
9. Ties will result in no-lynch. If the majority votes No Lynch, there will be no lynch that day.
10. Some roles may have mechanisms that aren't revealed to their players in role PMs.
11. All roles in game are roles you've either seen on this forum in the past (editnote: ok maybe that's not the case, but nothing more complex than what I had in my Scooby game), or at this MafiaScum link. Flavor can be found here and here. In-game flavor will be a mix of what you can find online and my attempt to tie out what happened in game. It generally should not give any hints regarding the setup / actions.
12. There may or may not be more than two factions in the game.
13. There is no private day chat.
Town Win Condition:
Mafia Win Condition:
Other Win Conditions:
Day/Night Length: Days will be roughly 96 hours long. Nights will be 48 hours long. Weekends count as half the time. Feel free to pre-send night actions, and they may be conditional (within reason).
5. Freezeblade (I cannot use this yet)
Role PMs will be coming out over the hour or so (apologies for the delay). Please confirm in thread once you receive your role PM. The game will start once a large majority of players have confirmed, and I'll post game-related flavor as an indicator.