This is going to be pretty minimalist; you guys know the rules, more or less.
1. Do not talk about the game outside this thread (except with appropriate spoilers in the Gojoe thread, there are no spoiler reading roles).
2. Lurkers will not be dealt with at all. Their night actions will be applied to people at random (including your allies) as per the rules for night actions. Lynch them yourselves, players!!
3. Death is permanent.
4. Don't quote your role PMs, or the PMs you sent.
Specific Game Rules:
1. Days are 48 hours, weekends grind clock down at half time.
2. Deadlines are soft; you can still post, vote, etc until the mod declares the day is over. The mod is pretty disorganised so expect deadlines to be lower bounds and potentially exceeded by several hours.
3. This game is pseudo-nightless. I'll try and run it nightlessly, so please submit your night actions in advance - feel free to change them or submit backups (e.g. I will NK Madge, except if Madge is lynched I will NK Jeff). You can't do crazy complicated backups though (e.g. NK Madge unless she claims doctor in which case NK Jeff but if Madge claims cop NK Cindy).
4. Nights will be at most 24 hours (soft deadline, if you take longer than 24 hours but you get in before I process the night then your action will happen)
5. Roles are revealed the following morning. The full role PM as submitted will be provided. The identity of the submitter will not be, but you're welcome to claim it was you.
6. If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.
7. A tied vote at day end will result in each of the tied players being lynched with a 50% probability (so a 25% chance of NL and a 25% of two people being lynched, in a two person tie. I flipped coins to make most decisions so why not this one too?)
8. You can vote no lynch, but if NL is in a tie the player who is tied with NL still has a 50% chance of being lynched per the rule above.
9: If there are only two players remaining and their votes are not affected by any abilities, every day will end with no lynch until someone wins. (added N2)
1. Submit night actions before night is declared to speed things along by keeping the nights as short as possible.
2. If you do not submit a night action, your action will be used on another player selected at random.
3. Any day actions are optional.
4. All chat is daychat.
5. Actions will be resolved in the order the mod thinks makes the most sense at the time; kills will be the very last thing processed.
Setup and Role Info:
Roles are taken from player submissions with no modifications.
50% of people will have the role they submit. 50% of people will get someone else's role. This is chosen by straight coin flip; so with 8 players it's possible that 0 or 8 people have the role they submitted.
There's a 50% chance of a submitted role being replaced with a role chosen by the mod at random, so not all roles are guaranteed.
If the game starts with more mafia than town members, then they will swap alignments (so the mafiosi will become town and vice versa).
If there are no mafia / SK / otherwise antagonistic roles and town wins the first time they NL.
There are no secret elements to roles. There is no alignment changing.
Flavour for each flavourpost will be chosen by clicking on the random article page of wikipedia. Expect a lot of scenes happening at Venezuelan train stations and in obscure government offices.
There is no confirmation phase, so once you have your role PM, start posting because the clock will be ticking. Don't post here if you see this place before you get your role PM though, I'll put a flavour post down after I send the role PMs out.
5. mpolo - Mafia roleblocker, votebuyer, lover (WIN)
6. Lawrencelot - Third party (WIN)
(Role PMs have all been sent out. If you didn't get yours let me know ASAP).