Trial of the Pariahs - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Trial of the Pariahs - Day 4

Postby dimochka » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:59 pm UTC

generalz wrote:
dimochka wrote:HOWEVER, can we please figure out a contingency plan for when I flip town? I'm seriously at a loss.

If you flip town, you will have 2 confirmed mafia, me and moody. Proceed to lynch both of us and town wins! But you know it won't happen :)

Except it's not that simple. we have 9 people, if we lynch me and one person dies overnight we're at 7. With two mafia, madge, and possibly matt, you would have the opportunity to control the lynch (if you can convince them to side with you, which I believe is doable and makes sense for them). I don't like that you're trying to simplify the situation that much, and that makes me trust you even less. This is specifically why I asked for a comprehensive contingency plan, so you don't just skate by this way if you're scum.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

generalz

Postby generalz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm UTC

In that case, please focus on what happens today instead of what will might or might not happen tomorrow.
Take jimbob and Suzaku for instance, they gave a comprehensive list of possible scum teams, with good arguments and logic. You seem to just randomly point fingers at people and misdirect attention on something else. "I don't understand what's happening" is not a good argument.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 pm UTC

dimochka seems to have reacted rather badly to people's points against him, but I'm not sure how I'd react if I were town in that situation, so I'm not convinced it makes him scum. However, FMPOV, I agree that the likeliest situation is dimochka is scum.

In retrospect it was a mistake to target JackHK, because there is a small chance that I am part-bastard roleblocker (i.e. I roleblock instead of using a doctor). However, in that case, I'd have also expected the reverse of my ability to apply as well (I protect instead of roleblocking), which is not the case based on Matt's lack of arrest N2. As for why I didn't mention receiving a gift last night, I wanted to see what people claimed before putting that information out there. I am going to claim what it is now, so it can potentially act as another nail in dimochka's coffin, should I die - it's a bulletproof vest, i.e. a one-shot immunity to the night kill. So, should I die tonight, you can be certain that the invention is fake. Not that I expect anything else.

I am 99% certain that adnapemit is scum. This is because an ending of the day early without at least explaining the plan to do so is very anti-town. She could be another indie, but she claimed town. Madge also claimed there are 4 factions, which means she's either been lying through her teeth about the number of factions (and possibly other abilities) for some sneaky reason, or she is completely playing it false and is lying scum. With 4 factions, assuming Madge is telling the truth and Matt is who he says he is, I cannot see a place for adnapemit in either town or indie. Obviously, we can't lynch her today, but she is case iron set for tomorrow. Also, Suzaku, in the event you can use multiple abilities at night, you might as well use the syringe on her tonight, in my opinion.

Dimochka is correct that a mislynch tonight would be bad. That would put us at 3-2-1-1, assuming that scum successfully kill. However, assuming that their kill is not unblockable, I have a 50/50 chance of stopping the kill, by blocking one of generalz or moody, assuming I don't have to vote today, which I'll try to avoid doing as per usual. In that case, 4-2-1-1 would be the breakdown, with one person arrested, who could be scum. In any case, we are in the hands of the indies helping us, but the planned lynches thereafter are pretty clear. I'm very much interested in matt's reasoning for blocking adnapemit, since that might give an indication of his future plans, and therefore what we are likely to expect.

As detailed yesterday, I cannot see any context where Suzaku or Jack are scum, without there being 4 scum at game start. Similarly, Matt and Madge are almost certainly indie, based on yesterday's results. Assuming I didn't make a mistake, I am also cleared because our teams are {dimochka, adnapemit} or {moody, generalz}, and given adnapemit's play, I much prefer the option of lynching dimochka over one of our claimed masons, since he is the possible scum-buddy with adnapemit. However, as always, we shouldn't rush the lynch so that people can defend themselves.

@dimochka - apart from a {moody, generalz} scum team, what other teams would make sense to you, and why does my logic not include them (i.e. where are the flaws in my logic from yesterday)? What would you suggest should be the plan for tomorrow if we mislynch town!you? Finally, what do you think about adnapemit's behaviour at the end of yesterday (i.e. ending the day early/voting No Lynch)?

@adnapemit - similarly, please indicate where the flaws in my logic from yesterday might be as to the possible scum teams. Do you agree that the only scum teams that make sense are {you and dimochka} or {generalz and moody}? If not, why not?

That same question is of course open to anybody else, but I particularly want answers from both of the presumed scum team, ideally before anybody else answers this point.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:01 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@adnapemit - similarly, please indicate where the flaws in my logic from yesterday might be as to the possible scum teams. Do you agree that the only scum teams that make sense are {you and dimochka} or {generalz and moody}? If not, why not?

Strictly in a logical sense I didn't see proof that moody being town made dimochka scum, this could also lead to the final possibility of a scum pair of Jack and Madge but otherwise no real flaws and overall I agree.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:21 am UTC

So, based on everything I know, I think that Town or Scum can win before daybreak tomorrow but this requires perfect play from either faction.

I also think there's a non-zero chance today that scum controls the vote with me and matt, though it relies on the mod being misleading in the answer to last night's question. However I for one won't be co-operating because doing so might get me lynched and mean I can't submit my guess.

More likely I think town will win around d5 or d6, especially because lynching me can confirm timepanda is scum and also prevents me from doing shenanigans like I alluded to above. I'd prefer a timepanda lynch tomorrow, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Suzaku - are you going to claim or what?

Can someone be arrested on consecutive Days?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 am UTC

Madge wrote:Suzaku - are you going to claim or what?

What!

Nah, I kid - claim.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:26 am UTC

EBWOP:

I do think we need to look seriously at the case where matt is scum not indie.
Can anyone quickly point out why we're believing his indie claim, I can't bring it to mind.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:27 am UTC

Posting from phone so no link, but my wall of text from the weekend demonstrates it. Assuming SirG was one of three scum, Matt can't be scum by simple fact that he isn't one of adnapemit, dimochka, generalz and moody.

Forgot to say this before but from what SirG was saying, and addressing a point someone made, I reckon he didn't have chat with his teammates. IIRC, he implied his teammates didn't know him to be scum.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:43 am UTC

Madge wrote:Can someone be arrested on consecutive Days?

No comment.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am UTC

I swear you're messing with me on purpose!!!

Oracle's clearly a bastard role and the hidden part of the description is something along the lines of, "the mod will be extremely helpful, subtly hinting when you are asking a useless question until N3, at which point the mod will be deliberately vague"

I joss, I joss. I'll work it out.

Out of curiosity, would the rest of you be willing to guess when you think the game will end for my benefit? If it helps, if it comes down to me being a kingmaker I will very strongly favour whichever side helped me more.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

generalz

Postby generalz » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 am UTC

Assuming 2 Mafia remaining to be lynched, plus an additional bastardry day like we had yesterday, I would bet on D6.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:41 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Posting from phone so no link, but my wall of text from the weekend demonstrates it. Assuming SirG was one of three scum, Matt can't be scum by simple fact that he isn't one of adnapemit, dimochka, generalz and moody.

Forgot to say this before but from what SirG was saying, and addressing a point someone made, I reckon he didn't have chat with his teammates. IIRC, he implied his teammates didn't know him to be scum.

Hmm. I've gone back and reread that post and agree with all of it. It mirrors my own thoughts quite closely.
My only concern is that it rests, in its entirety, on an assumption that there were not 4 Mafia (including SirG) initially, but only 3.

The claims we have, and Madge's info, seem to support that premiss, but we can not blindly assume that it's the case.

Let me indulge in a little postulation (all the following for the sake of argument):

'Pure' Mafia is dim, matt, adnap.
'Usurper' Mafia is SirG.
Indie is Madge.
Town is the remaining 7 players, including moody and generalz as Masons.

That's 4 wincons == 4 factions, ∴ Madge's info is preserved OK.
SirG identifies adnap and dim as scum, but not matt. Makes sense, SirG needs Mafia to win, and to survive someone (presumptive Godfather) in order to win. Not identifying matt makes that more likely.
matt has the power to prevent lynches - an ability that really helps scum more than town.
matt did not (apparently) use a power on N2, when roleblocked by jimbob - almost certainly true. However Lying -> Scum doesn't imply Not-Lying -> Not-scum.

AFAICS, there's nothing (other than the assumption of 3 scum) that logically prevents matt from being scum.

So let's look at actions:
matt claims Communist and needs a No Lynch to win - but No Lynch is (generally) not favourable to town. Good fake claim for scum!matt looking to get a strategic NL without arousing too much suspicion.
matt prevents the lynch of adnap, who has behaved in a hugely anti-town manner at the end of D3. If we contend, as seems likely, that adnap is in fact scum, I'm not sure this can be explained.
matt has got a win as a "Communist", which I would have thought would remove him from the game; I can't see Sabrar letting him remain with no win condition (what's his motivation to even participate, let alone help one side or the other?). So either I'm wrong, he has a new wincon that he hasn't claimed, or he was scum all along.

I'm not liking the way this is going.

On this assumption, we're currently 9:5/3/1.
Let's assume we lynch dim and scum!matt can rearrest adnap. That's 4/2/1 with an NK.
We clearly lynch matt in that case: 3/1/1
Lynch adnap: Town win on D6

Let's assume we lynch matt: 4/2/1
Lynch dim/adnap: 3/1/1
Lynch adnap/dim: Town win on D6

Let's assume we mislynch: 3/3/1
At this point Madge should side with scum, make her guess and win. Failing that best case with Madge's full cooperation and no fuckups is that Madge becomes the kingmaker at 1/1/1

So I think the conclusion is that matt could be scum, but it only really matters if he can keep up a non-scum pretense until tomorrow. Which should be very hard.

Next thing to examine: is there any preference to one possible scum team or the other if matt is, in fact, scum? I think there isn't, which means we should still probably lynch dim today.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:My only concern is that it rests, in its entirety, on an assumption that there were not 4 Mafia (including SirG) initially, but only 3.
Yes, that was something I'd planned on revisiting at a later point (probably Sunday), except a certain panda ended the day early. I'd broadly dismissed it due to 4 scum being rather too strong for town. I'll see if I get time at some point this week to revisit this case, but I do agree with your thinking, though I don't know for sure that matt is the only possible fourth scum.

As for Madge, my personal belief is that we have exactly 2 scum, and that those scum are the ones likely to be lynched (dimochka and adnapemit). Therefore, I reckon that the game should end following the lynch on D5. However, I certainly don't declare that this is going to be the case, e.g. Matt might decide to keep adnapemit arrested if he can, which could throw a big spanner in the works. I'm prepared to do a bit more logic at a later point this week, but I'm likely to be too busy to do it over the next few days.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:15 pm UTC

The problem I have is that one of my original questions was "How many factions - where faction is people with a unique win condition - are in this game", and Sabrar said that while he can answer the question as posed, the answer would likely give me the wrong idea; he said he'd answer questions in good faith, so I changed my question to "how many factions are in the game". I think that was so that way SirG wouldn't show up as a separate faction, so on that basis only I'm inclined to believe that matt is being honest.

When everyone posts I'll give my question and answer. I think we're still waiting on a couple of people.

I'm worried about holding off on my guess, so I'm inclined to place my guess today. If there are two scum left, and town lynches correctly today and tomorrow, then I will lose before my guess comes through, and I don't think town is going to hold off on a lynch for my benefit.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote: I can't see Sabrar letting him remain with no win condition (what's his motivation to even participate, let alone help one side or the other?). So either I'm wrong, he has a new wincon that he hasn't claimed, or he was scum all along.

I really did expect him to be removed after the no lynch.
I really am trusting Madge's information about 4 factions too much but I was definitely certain he was independent.
So I think either he lied about his win condition or he gained a new one.
He did seem to want No lynch though, so he probably had a reason for that.
Could he have an ability powered by the No Lynch?
[adnapemit|timepanda]

generalz

Postby generalz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm UTC

Madge wrote:I'm worried about holding off on my guess, so I'm inclined to place my guess today. If there are two scum left, and town lynches correctly today and tomorrow, then I will lose before my guess comes through, and I don't think town is going to hold off on a lynch for my benefit.

You're forgetting about matt who could prevent the remaining scum from being lynched... Then we would have to lynch him first.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:02 pm UTC

generalz wrote:
Madge wrote:I'm worried about holding off on my guess, so I'm inclined to place my guess today. If there are two scum left, and town lynches correctly today and tomorrow, then I will lose before my guess comes through, and I don't think town is going to hold off on a lynch for my benefit.

You're forgetting about matt who could prevent the remaining scum from being lynched... Then we would have to lynch him first.
If we are certain about the scumminess of our lynchee, I could always roleblock Matt again (and assuming my vote is not needed today). However, that removes the backup option of me roleblocking whoever the killer might be, in case of a mislynch, so I'd prefer not to do it. Need to think about that some more.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:32 pm UTC

I promised earlier that I'd take a look at the implications of there being 4 scum (3 remaining). Here we go. I'll also address the issue of whether moody being town implies dimochka scum, raised by adnapemit.

For my reference, still alive are: me, generalz, moody, dimochka, adnapemit, Suzaku, Jack, mike, Madge

Warning: wall of logic to follow.

Let's start with the point adnapemit raised. We have two conflicting claims: 1) dimochka claims to be an Inventor. 2) moody claims to have absorbed a False Inventor ability, having received a gift. Possibilities as I see it are: a) dimochka and moody are both telling the truth, and somebody else targeted moody, b) dimochka is lying and is a False inventor, c) moody is lying and copied/stole (or similar) dimochka's role, d) dimochka is a False inventor and doesn't know it, e) moody and dimochka are both scum and moody is bussing dimochka. I'm going to ignore more extreme options, unless somebody wants to suggest one to look at, mainly because I think we'll be in the realms of extreme bastardry for most/all of them.

b) and c) are covered by my previous logic. Case e) only works if there are 4 scum, because if moody is scum, so too is generalz, and therefore dimochka would make a fourth scum. I will analyse this case further in the 4 scum scenario below.

Case a) - If moody and dimochka are both town, we can assume that they are both telling the truth. The only other case where one (or both) of them is/are indie I think can be ruled out by the fact that they haven't counter-claimed Madge's 4 faction or Matt's or Madge's indie claims (though I guess it can't be completely dismissed, just very unlikely). For them both to be Town, dimochka targeted Carlington as claimed, who didn't receive a gift. Therefore, dimochka was presumably roleblocked. I didn't do it (though I can't prove that obviously), and we've seen no other indications of another roleblocker to my knowledge. This is also ignoring the fact that there would be another inventor out there, which we've seen no evidence of. FMPOV therefore, this case is very unlikely, but not impossible.

Case d) is a little harder to analyse, due to the element of bastardry. About the only argument I have against this is that town!moody knows he is a false inventor, and it would seem unlikely that one would know and not the other.

If either these two cases is the truth, generalz is also town. From generalz's second clue, at least one of {Carlington, adnapemit, Madge} are scum. Given Carlington's flip, one of adnapemit or Madge are therefore scum, possibly both. If JackHK is not scum, exactly one of {Carlington, moody, adnapemit, and Suzaku} are scum. Therefore, either JackHK is scum, and/or one of {adnapemit, Suzaku}. I think this means the possible teams in this case (assuming three scum) are adnapemit + one of {me, Suzaku, Madge, matt, JackHK}. The other alternative is Madge + one of {JackHK, Suzaku, adnapemit}.

Posting this now, will follow next with 4 scum logic.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:02 pm UTC

Warning - more logic alert! There are other comments below as well, if you want to take a look!

The 4 scum case can partially be based on the 3 scum approach, if we continue with the likely case that at least one of dimochka and moody is scum (but see above for caveats).

Let's start with the moody is scum case. Given this, generalz must be scum as well, as discussed previously in the 3 scum case. Our other piece of information is that either JackHK is scum, or we trust his night result and one of adnapemit and Suzaku are scum. I don't think there's any other pieces of logical evidence we can use, just behavioural. In this case, none of {me, Madge, matt, dimochka} can be scum.

If dimochka is scum, we can rule out moody and generalz as being scum, because dimochka cannot be scum with them based on the moody scum case (this also rules out case e) from the previous post). Given that generalz is not scum, we can then say that at least one of {adnapemit, Madge} must be scum based on his N2 result. If Jack is not scum, then exactly one of {adnapemit, Suzaku} is scum. Unfortunately, because adnapemit is on both lists, that means that if adnapemit is our second scum, virtually anybody can be the third, as far as I can tell. The only people exempt are generalz and moody (as noted earlier) and Suzaku, because Suzaku and adnapemit can only both be scum if Jack is scum, which would be 5 scum total.

To sum up, I think that means the possible scum teams for 4 scum are:
generalz, moody, plus one of {adnapemit, Suzaku, JackHK}
dimochka, adnapemit, one of {me, matt, Madge, JackHK}
dimochka, Madge, one of {JackHK, adnapemit, Suzaku}

If we assume that any third independent would have counterclaimed, we can rule out a few of the cases, but otherwise I don't think we can further limit things really through logic.

Because I feel like adnapemit basically guaranteed herself as scum with yesterday's conclusion, and everything I've seen suggests dimochka is scum rather than moody, my expected 4 scum scenario would be dimochka, adnapemit, matt (and SirG), with one indie who hasn't claimed, or Madge instead of matt.

However, I reckon that three scum is more likely, with dimochka and adnapemit being the two. Here's the main pieces of evidence for each individual as to why I believe them, in addition to SirG's claim, and my general gut feelings:
me - I know my own alignment (modulo extreme bastardry!)
Madge - claimed early and has been consistent with that indie claim.
Matt - his behaviour prior to his claim lined up with his claimed win condition.
Suzaku - nothing firm, but his backup claim, combined with moody's lack of PM ability D3 seems to back it up, and it seems unlikely to be a scum role.
moody - claimed to have absorbed a false inventor role, which would likely be dimochka's, which in turn has been somewhat verified by JackHK.
generalz - claimed mason with moody, and I think moody is likely town
JackHK - claimed having two powers D1 and backed this up with his subsequent claim. The lack of night kill N2 suggests, but doesn't confirm that he used a kill-blocking ability as claimed (scum could have withheld the kill).

---

I noticed that matt hasn't posted anything so far this game day, yet has posted in Gojoe. Suzaku, did you silence him? Also, what are you hoping to achieve by withholding who you targeted?

Assuming he wasn't silenced:
Requesting modprod on matt

---

Let's assume we are right about adnapemit and dimochka. Can we get away with lynching matt tomorrow, if needed? Today, we have 5-2-1-1. A lynch tonight (assuming successful) and a death likely puts us at 4-1-1-1, with our preferred scum arrested. Therefore, we lynch matt, somebody else dies tonight: 3-1-1, which is still fine, and we don't need any abilities to go our way. If matt decides to arrest town instead of scum tonight, we are relying on at least one indie supporting us tomorrow. I hope Madge will support us, as I am hoping Madge is thinking along the same lines as me and believes town should win tomorrow.

If we are wrong about dimochka, moody and generalz are likely scum with adnapemit, which is worrying, since that puts at 4-3-1-1 now, and 2-3-1-1 potentially tomorrow. We only win with support from both indies, unless we can somehow get another kill from somewhere or we prevent a kill. Things get even worse if matt arrests town rather than scum.

I plan therefore on roleblocking one of moody, generalz, or adnapemit (won't say who obviously), assuming we lynch dimochka, in an attempt to block the kill in case we are wrong, and try to make things as close as possible for scum. I'm open to other suggestions though, such as blocking matt.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:21 pm UTC

Vote:Suzaku

generalz

Postby generalz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:32 pm UTC

Random vote from matt96, without stating any reason... I would smell scum in a regular game, but it seems that he is trying to get himself lynched? Maybe this is part of his win condition (since he is still in the game)? Now, this is kind of dangerous because:
- Given current statements, Suzaku is almost confirmed 100% town
- The remaining scum could vote for Suzaku as well and end the day early (is that possible again? or was it a once-per-game use? can she do it whenever she wants or only X hours/days before the deadline?), which would be very bad for us

generalz

Postby generalz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:36 pm UTC

EBWOP
@matt96: if you have an additional winning condition, please tell us. We (I, at least) would be glad to help, as long as you support town and your winning condition does not hurt town... But for the moment you seem to tend to the dark side of the Force

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:41 pm UTC

This is possibly paranoia, but either way I think it is safe for me to:
Vote: dimochka

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:56 pm UTC

Everything else we've seen so far in the game matches up with the mafia universe role description, but no where in the article does it mention anything about potentially blocking PMs instead of posts. http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/dat ... e=Silencer which makes me think Suzaku may be lying.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:18 pm UTC

Silencer on its own doesn't make much sense as a Town role anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it was changed to block PMs instead. However, I suppose matt's point can't be completely dismissed. Suzaku should probably give a lock to someone to prove his innocence tonight.

Paralyzer, assuming that was the role which ended the day early is explicitly recommended as a once per game use, so I don't think we need to end the day early, but we should be careful nonetheless.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:03 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Paralyzer, assuming that was the role which ended the day early is explicitly recommended as a once per game use, so I don't think we need to end the day early, but we should be careful nonetheless.
Just realised that I mistyped this. It should say "I don't think we need to worry about the day ending early..."
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 pm UTC

Deadline is in 3 days. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
dimochka - 3 (generalz, moody7277, JackHK)
Suzaku - 1 (matt96)

Not voting: everyone else

Tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:47 pm UTC

If you're indie, matt, why do you care that scum!suzaku gets lynched? I can understand being grateful to town for helping you get your win condition but any fool knows that town is not going to appreciate a naked vote.

Now everyone's posted I'm gonna do my Q&A:

Q: How many town players are currently alive?
A: At the beginning of Day 4 there are 5 Town-aligned players remaining in the game.

I asked if a godfather would be counted in the 5, but Sabrar didn't elaborate. I feel like given the phrasing a godfather wouldn't count but I'm a bit reluctant to stake my game on it.

Regardless I think this reduces the number of possibilities Town has to work with.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 am UTC

generalz wrote: The remaining scum could vote for Suzaku as well and end the day early (is that possible again? or was it a once-per-game use? can she do it whenever she wants or only X hours/days before the deadline?), which would be very bad for us

There was a limit of X hours before the deadline.
If I could end the day now then I would.
[adnapemit|timepanda]

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:04 am UTC

I suspect Silencer was changed as there was already a power that blocks votes, and blocking posting is a stupid idea that should never ever even be considered in a forum Mafia game.

Moody, you absorbed the Silencer power from me when I used it on you. Can you confirm it blocks PMs (as your PMs were also blocked)?

I will probably send a lock tonight regardless, as silencing will probably not be useful.

Vote: dimochka

In case there are any end of day shenanigans.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:46 pm UTC

Yeah, when my PM ability was blocked, it was called being silenced, which at the time I thought was weird since ConMan had flipped as Silencer. That was why I had to ask generalz in thread about discussing our mason-like roles.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm UTC

What do other people think I should do with my night action tonight? I'm flipping between blocking one of a potential alternative mafia team, in case we are wrong about dimochka, and in an attempt to block the kill, and blocking matt to prevent him from preventing a townie voting.

@matt - you still haven't responded about what your current goal (if any) is. Please do.

@Suzaku - giving a lock seems sensible, because your claimed role seems like a weird one for scum to have, so proving you actually have it renders you all-but-confirmed town, in my opinion. Of course, that means you need to give it to someone who is definitely town and isn't going to die tonight in order to confirm your ability...

@Madge - have you had any further thoughts as to which way you are going to jump with your choice tonight? Your question last night basically confirms to me that we are in a 3 scum game (i.e. 2 still alive), but I guess there could be a teammate with dimochka and adnapemit if dimochka is a godfather, I just really doubt it. Regardless, town may end up relying on your vote tomorrow, so your response will hopefully help me decide about my night action.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:37 pm UTC

I suspect matt could be scum based on his behaviour right now, so I'm a bit wary of the thought of an additional 3 scum - but that's too many, surely?

I don't have an allegiance as far as town/scum goes. When I make my guess I'll align according to whoever will win on that day. I'm inclined to help town because town's been so helpful to me, but if we're at 1v1v1 and I get to crown the victor, then I'm going to go for whichever town/scum player helped me more, so that way both town and scum have an incentive to help me now.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:39 am UTC

unvote
Thanks for clearing that up.
Unless Madge (or adnapemit) specifically asked for it, I will be keeping the reason I am still in the game to myself, but I will say that the only way I could see town winning alongside myself in a 1-1-1-1 scenario is if Jimbob is arrested at that time.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 am UTC

vote: matt

I don't trust you. You lied about your win condition, and if you're not going to be honest, then you're only going to provide confusion. I'm better off if we have an ordinary town vs scum throwdown happening.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:36 am UTC

Deadline is in 11/2 days. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
dimochka - 4 (generalz, moody7277, JackHK, Suzaku)
matt96 - 1 (Madge)

Not voting: adnapemit, dimochka, jimbobmacdoodle, matt96

Tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

generalz

Postby generalz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:55 pm UTC

@jimbob: I think blocking the nightkill is more important than blocking matt. Also, whoever has the key from Suzaku should block matt, what do you think?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:25 pm UTC

generalz wrote:@jimbob: I think blocking the nightkill is more important than blocking matt. Also, whoever has the key from Suzaku should block matt, what do you think?
The lock is a self-protection thing, so you can't use it to block anyone else, if I understand it correctly. AFAIK, Suzaku hasn't given one out anyway. I'm actually leaning towards blocking matt now, because he clearly isn't interested in helping out town, and losing a town player to a vote blocker at this stage could be critical. Plus, I can't guarantee I'll successfully hit the killer. But, blocking the killer would be more useful overall, if successful... :?

I have no idea what matt is doing. Why does me being arrested have anything to do with whether he should help Town or not? Unless somehow his win-condition is arrest every surviving player, or something. But then, why me? How do his even know that I'll be the one still alive by that point??? I still doubt him to be scum, but yeah, definitely not pro-town.

Based on adnapemit's comments earlier, I expect a hammer vote from her at some point. Everybody, please make sure you have a sensible action in.

In other news, I feel like a few members of assumed town (i.e. not matt, Madge, adnapemit, dimochka) could have done with a little more content today (JackHK, I'm looking at you in particular). adnapemit definitely doesn't feel like town any more, based on the difference in content from before, and dimochka has gone silent since being challenged to provide useful suggestions. His last post was in fact Monday.

Requesting modprod on dimochka
BlitzGirl the Primordial

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:49 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Based on adnapemit's comments earlier, I expect a hammer vote from her at some point. Everybody, please make sure you have a sensible action in.

not an issue, because arrested.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:51 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: But then, why me?

Right, I suppose Suzaku would work as well, but I'd rather see if you can put it together rather than just give you the answer.

Return to “Mafia”