Best idea Mafia.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

zabing12

Best idea Mafia.

Postby zabing12 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 pm UTC

Here's how the 'Best Idea' idea works: each player is randomly dealt two roles from the deck. They must immediately choose one to keep and discard the other. Once every player has chosen a role, the mod checks the game is satisfactory (e.g., they may require between 2-4 anti-town roles. The ratio i am using is 3:1) - otherwise the game is rerolled. The game begins with any factional/partnered roles being informed of their partners. At the start of Day 1, every player's discarded role is publicly revealed - this information is usually sufficient to replace the random vote stage.
In this setup, anti-town roles are in three main factions: Mafia, Aliens and Goo. Aliens have a limited number of teamkills, and the Goo have no teamkill. Picking either of these factions generally give you more fun abilities, but the downsides are a lack of teamkills and teammates - so, sometimes, they're functionally equivalent to serial killers. There are a lot of wacky roles, so before playing, skim the list and get to know how most of them work. There are a couple of new roles on the town side to counter the Alien and Goo threats. For example, some games may revolve around the Conspiracy Theorists, each of which investigate each the others as being Alien. Others may contain a mason group, but be complicated by the presence of a Chameleon Goo.
Greater Idea is necessarily an unpredictable goofy game, but the setup mitigates this by attempting to reduce the number of 'opaque' setups for which the town has no chance of deciphering the roles in the game. For this reason, some common roles like Serial Killers, Strongmen and straightforward scum Roleblockers are omitted. Finally, some invented roles which would be unusual in standard games fit neatly into the Greater Idea format, such as the Lynchbait, the Coroner and the Pseudojester.

Role Pms:
Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie
You are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities
During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
Win Condition
You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name.
Bulletproof Townie
You are a Bulletproof Townie.
Abilities
Bulletproof: You cannot be nightkilled.
Win Condition
You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name.
Town Doctor
You are a Town Doctor.
Abilities
Doctor: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills for that Night.
Win Condition
Town Coroner
You are a Town Coroner.
Abilities
Coroner: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If this player is dead before the next Day, you will be informed of the role-name that killed them.
Win Condition
Town Bodyguard
You are a Town Bodyguard.
Abilities
Bodyguard: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If this player is nightkilled, you will die instead.
Win Condition
One-Shot Town Commuter
You are a One-Shot Town Commuter.
Abilities
One-Shot Commuter: Once in the game, at Night, you may "commute". All abilities that target you that Night will fail.
Win Condition

Town Cop
You are a Town Cop.
Abilities
Cop: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be MAFIA if that player is aligned with the Mafia. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT MAFIA if that player is not aligned with the Mafia. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
Win Condition
Ascetic Town Cop
You are an Ascetic Town Cop.
Abilities
Cop: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be MAFIA if that player is aligned with the Mafia. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT MAFIA if that player is not aligned with the Mafia. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
Ascetic: You are immune to all Night actions except kills.
Win Condition
Backup Town Cop
You are a Backup Town Cop.
Abilities
Backup: You cannot use your Cop ability unless a player with a 'Cop' ability dies dies.
Win Condition
Town Watcher
You are a Town Watcher.
Abilities
Watcher: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of which players targeted that person during that Night.
Win Condition
Town Tracker
You are a Town Tracker.
Abilities
Tracker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of which player(s) that player targeted during that Night.
Win Condition
Town Hider
You are a Town Hider.
Abilities
Hider: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If you successfully target that player (i.e. you are not blocked,) you are immune to any night actions that night, unless they are Mafia, Alien or Goo-aligned, or they die during the night, in which case you will die yourself.
Win Condition
Ascetic Town Hider
You are an Ascetic Town Hider.
Abilities
Hider: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If you successfully target that player (i.e. you are not blocked,) you are immune to any night actions that night, unless they are Mafia, Alien or Goo-aligned, or they die during the night, in which case you will die yourself.
Ascetic: You are immune to all Night actions except kills (even when not using your Hider ability).
Win Condition
Area 51 Detective
You are an Area 51 Detective.
Abilities
Area 51 Detective: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be roleblocked (any targets/nightkills that player make will fail) if they are an Alien.
Win Condition
Area 51 Immunologist
You are an Area 51 Immunologist.
Abilities
Area 51 Area 51 Immunologist: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will become immune to Alien nightkills (including on that night).
Win Condition
Conspiracy Theorist
You are a Conspiracy Theorist.
Abilities
Conspiracy Theorist:
During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be ALIEN if that player is aligned with the Aliens. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT ALIEN if that player is not aligned with the Aliens. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
Alien-Immune: You cannot be killed in any way by Aliens.
Tentacled: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to other Alien investigators.
Win Condition
Compulsive Town Roleblocker
You are a Compulsive Town Roleblocker.
Abilities
Roleblocker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. Any targets/nightkills that player make will fail.
Compulsive: You are required to use your ability each Night. If you do not submit a target, it will be randomized.
Win Condition
Town Jailkeeper
You are a Town Jailkeeper.
Abilities
Jailkeeper: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. Any targets/nightkills that player make will fail. This player will also be immune to nightkills for that Night.
Win Condition
Town Jack-of-all-Trades
You are a Town Jack-of-all-Trades.
Abilities
You may use each of the following abilities once per game. You may not use more than one ability per Night.
Roleblocker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. Any targets/nightkills that player make will fail.
Doctor: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills for that Night.
Win Condition
Town Mason
You are a Town Mason.
Abilities
Mason: If there are other Masons in the game, you will form a Mason group with them. There will be a Mason QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition
Ascetic Town Mason
You are an Ascetic Town Mason.
Abilities
Mason: If there are other Masons in the game, you will form a Mason group with them. There will be a Mason QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition
Town Mason Compulsive Bodyguard
You are a Town Mason Compulsive Bodyguard.
Abilities
Bodyguard: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If this player is nightkilled, you will die instead.
Compulsive: You are required to use your ability each Night. If you do not submit a target, it will be randomized.
Win Condition
Mason Reflexive Doctor
You are a Reflexive Town Doctor.
Abilities
Reflexive Doctor: Any players who target you tonight will be protected from all nightkills for that Night.
Win Condition
One-Shot Vigilante
You are a One-Shot Town Vigilante.
Abilities
One-Shot Vigilante: Once during the game, at the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
Win Condition
Town Miller Vigilante
You are a Town Miller Vigilante.
Abilities
Vigilante: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
Miller: You will investigate as "MAFIA" to any Cops.
Win Condition
One-Shot Town Day Vigilante
You are a One-Shot Town Day Vigilante.
Abilities
One-Shot Day Vigilante: Once during the game, at Day, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
Win Condition
Town Nymphomaniac
You are a Town Nymphomaniac.
Abilities
Nymphomaniac: During Night 1, you must PM me the name of another player. You will form a Lover bond with them (aka if you or your partner is killed, the other Lover will also die).
Win Condition
Excellent Sense of Smell Townie
You are an Excellent Sense of Smell Townie.
Abilities
Excellent Sense of Smell: At the beginning of Day 1, you will be informed how many of each Goo roles are in the game.
Win Condition
Ugly Townie
You are an Ugly Townie.
Abilities
Excellent Sense of Smell: At the beginning of Day 1, you will be informed how many of each Goo roles are in the game.
Ugly: You have a secondary win condition of winning with the goo.
Tentacled: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to Alien investigators.
Win Condition
You win if you meet either of these win conditions:
If there are Goo-aligned players alive and if your membership in their faction would cause them to win, then both the Goo and yourself win.
Town Clairvoyant
You are a Town Clairvoyant.
Abilities
Clairvoyant: At the start of Day 1, you will be told how many factions there are. Note that the Lyncher and Pseudojester roles are each considered separate factions.
Win Condition
Treestump
You are a Treestump.
Abilities
Treestump: During the day, you may activate your Treestump ability by declaring I am a Treestump, at which point you are removed from the game - but you can still post in the thread, and can still win with the Town.
Win Condition
Lynchbait
You are Lynchbait.
Abilities
Lynchbait: If there is a Lyncher in the game, you are his/her Lynchee.
Win Condition
Macho One-Shot Kingmaker
You are a Macho One-Shot Kingmaker.
Abilities
One-Shot Kingmaker: Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be the "King" during the next Day phase, and they alone decide the day's lynch with their single vote.
Macho: Protection roles will not work on you.
Win Condition
Macho Death Kingmaker
You are a Macho Death Kingmaker.
Abilities
Kingmaker: When you die, you must publicly select one player. This player will be the "King" during the next Day phase, and they alone decide the day's lynch with their single vote.
Macho: Protection roles will not work on you.
Win Condition
Town Supersaint
You are a Town Supersaint.
Abilities
Supersaint: If you are lynched, whomever placed the hammer vote will die.
Win Condition
Vengeful Townie
You are a Vengeful Townie.
Abilities
Vengeful: If you are lynched, you may choose to kill one player immediately by posting in-thread Kill: PLAYERNAME. If you do not want to kill anyone, please post Kill: No one.
Win Condition
One-Shot Unlynchable Townie
You are a One-Shot Unlynchable Townie.
Abilities
One-Shot Unlynchable: The first time you are lynched, you will not die.
Win Condition
Universal Backup
You are a Universal Backup.
Abilities
Universal Backup: You will acquire the current abilities of the first Town-aligned player to die.
Win Condition
Mafia

Mafia Goon
You are a Mafia Goon.
Abilities
Factional Kill: The Mafia may kill one player per Night.
Factional Communication: If there are other Mafia-aligned players, there will be a Mafia QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition
You win when all players without a Mafia wincon are eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
Ascetic Mafia Goon
You are a Ascetic Mafia Goon.
Abilities
Factional Communication: If there are other Mafia-aligned players, there will be a Mafia QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition
You win when all players without a Mafia wincon are eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
Bulletproof Mafia Goon
You are a Bulletproof Mafia Goon.
Abilities
Bulletproof: You cannot be nightkilled.
Win Condition
Mafia Tracker
You are a Mafia Tracker.
Abilities
Tracker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed which players that player targeted during that Night.
Win Condition
One-Shot Mafia Role Cop
You are a One-Shot Mafia Role Cop.
Abilities
One-Shot Role Cop: Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of this player's role name (and hence also alignment).
Win Condition
Mafia Traitor Cop
You are a Mafia Traitor Cop.
Abilities
Traitor: You do not know your Mafia team-mates (if you have any), and do not have access to their QT.
Win Condition
Mafia Conspiracy Theorist
You are a Mafia Conspiracy Theorist.
Abilities
Conspiracy Theorist:
During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be ALIEN if that player is aligned with the Aliens. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT ALIEN if that player is not aligned with the Aliens. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
Alien-Immune: You cannot be nightkilled by Aliens.
Tentacled: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to other Alien investigators.
Win Condition
Mafia Clairvoyant
You are a Mafia Clairvoyant.
Abilities
Clairvoyant: At the start of Day 1, you will be told how many factions there are. Note that the Lyncher and Pseudojester roles are each considered separate factions.
Win Condition
One-Shot Mafia Day Vigilante
You are a One-Shot Mafia Day Vigilante.
Abilities
One-Shot Day Vigilante: Once during the game, at Day, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
Win Condition
Mafia Godfather
You are a Mafia Godfather.
Abilities
Godfather: You will investigate as "NOT MAFIA" if investigated by a Cop.
Win Condition
Alien

Alien Avenger
You are an Alien Avenger.
Abilities
Factional Kill: The Aliens may teamkill a player at night a limited number of times, depending on the number of players (see the Wiki page.)
Factional Communication: If there are other Alien-aligned players, there will be an Alien QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Avenger: If you are lynched, whomever placed the hammer vote will die.
Win Condition
You win when all players without an Alien wincon are eliminated and at least one Alien-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
Alien Vanillerizer
You are an Alien Vanillerizer.
Abilities
Factional Kill: The Aliens may teamkill a player at night a limited number of times, depending on the number of players (see the Wiki page.)
Factional Communication: If there are other Alien-aligned players, there will be an Alien QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Vanillerizer: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will lose any abilities they have (not counting factional abilities). This will take effect at the start of the next Day.
Win Condition
You win when all players without an Alien wincon are eliminated and at least one Alien-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
Alien Psychotrooper
You are an Alien Psychotrooper.
Abilities
Psychotrooper: All investigators will receive "No Result" while you are still alive.
Win Condition
One-Shot Alien Psychomagnet
You are a One-Shot Alien Psychomagnet.
Abilities
One-Shot Psychomagnet: Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me the name of another player. All Night actions will be redirected to this player.
Win Condition
Alien Monarch
You are an Alien Monarch.
Abilities
Monarch: You have each of the following abilities. However, once any of the abilities are used, you will not be able to use any further abilities.
Bulletproof: You cannot be nightkilled. Note that you will not be told when this is used and attempting to use another ability afterwards will fail.
Unlynchable: You cannot be lynched.
Day Vigilante: During the Day, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
Win Condition
Baby Alien Monarch
You are an Baby Alien Monarch.
Abilities
Factional Kill: The Aliens may teamkill a player at night a limited number of times, depending on the number of players (see the Wiki page.) Note that you cannot perform the factional kill until Day 4 (see Baby below).
Monarch: You have each of the following abilities. However, once any of the abilities are used, you will not be able to use any further abilities.
Bulletproof: You cannot be nightkilled. Note that you will not be told when this is used and attempting to use another ability afterwards will fail.
Unlynchable: You cannot be lynched.
Day Vigilante: During the Day, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die (as soon as I receive the PM).
Baby: You cannot use your Monarch or team-kill abilities until Day 4. I will publicly alert the remaining players that a player has become an Alien Monarch at that time.
Win Condition
Third-Party

Lyncher
You are a Lyncher.
Abilities
Lyncher: Before the game, I will randomly assign you a target. Your goal is to get that person lynched. If that target dies by some other manner, you will convert to a Vanilla Townie.
Win Condition
You win when your target is lynched.
Pseudojester
You are a Pseudojester.
Abilities
Pseudojester: If you are lynched, you will convert to the same alignment as the player that hammered you. You cannot win otherwise.
Win Condition
Goo

Red Goo
You are Red Goo.
Abilities
One-Shot Unstoppable Kill: Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will unstoppably die, even if bulletproof, etc. This ability cannot be redirected or blocked. I will announce this death as being due to a Red Goo.
Win Condition
You win when all players without a Goo wincon are eliminated and at least one Goo-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
Grey Goo
You are Grey Goo.
Abilities
Grey Goo: You will cause anyone who targets you to become Goo-aligned and lose all of their abilities. You will automatically (and unblockably) die during Night 2.
Win Condition
You win when all players without a Goo wincon are eliminated and at least one Goo-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
Chameleon Goo
You are Chameleon Goo.
Abilities
Grey Goo: You will cause anyone who targets you to become Goo-aligned and lose all of their abilities. You will automatically (and unblockably) die Night 2.
Win Condition

The Actual deck That I am randomly choosing from:
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Doctor
Doctor
Coroner (can target a dead player to discover which role(s) killed them, but not the player who owns it; can also target a living player, succeeding if they die that night)
Coroner
Coroner
Coroner
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
One-shot Commuter
Cop
Cop
Ascetic Cop
Backup Cop (becomes a Cop if a Cop, Ascetic Cop, Traitor Cop or Jack Of All Trades dies)
Watcher
Tracker
Hider (dies if successfully targets a Mafia, Alien or Goo, or a player that died that night; immune to night actions if successfully targets a player otherwise.)
Ascetic Hider
Area 51 Detective (target is roleblocked if Alien)
Area 51 Immunologist (permanently renders target immune to any kind of death by Aliens, except lynching)
Conspiracy Theorist (gets result for "Alien" or "Not Alien"; immune to Alien kills; investigates as "Alien")
Conspiracy Theorist
Conspiracy Theorist
Conspiracy Theorist
Conspiracy Theorist
Conspiracy Theorist
Conspiracy Theorist
Compulsive Roleblocker
Jailkeeper
Jailkeeper
Jack Of All Trades (cop/doc/roleblock abilities, all one-shot)
Mason
Mason
Mason
Ascetic Mason
Mason Compulsive Bodyguard
Mason Reflexive Doctor
One-shot Vigilante
Miller Vigilante
One-shot Day Vigilante
Nymphomaniac (compulsively chooses a lover on night 1; the other lover is not informed)
Excellent Sense of Smell Townie (immediately informed how many of each Goo roles are in the game)
Excellent Sense of Smell Townie
Ugly Townie (immediately informed how many of each goo roles are in the game; can win with the goo survivor-style; investigates as Alien)
Ugly Townie
Clairvoyant (immediately informed how many factions there are; lyncher/pseudojester count as factions)
Clairvoyant
Clairvoyant
Clairvoyant
Treestump
Lynchbait (guaranteed to be the target of the Lyncher, if one exists)
Macho One-shot Kingmaker (cannot be protected)
Macho Death Kingmaker (cannot be protected; kingmaker action activates publicly upon death, applies to the next day)
Supersaint
Vengeful Townie
One-shot Unlynchable Townie
Universal Backup (acquires current abilities of first killed town player)
Universal Backup
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Ascetic Mafia Goon
Ascetic Mafia Goon
Bulletproof Mafia Goon
Bulletproof Mafia Goon
Mafia Tracker
Mafia One-Shot Role Cop
Mafia One-Shot Role Cop
Mafia Traitor Cop (initially unaware of teammates, and vice-versa)
Mafia Conspiracy Theorist (immune to Alien kills; gets result for "Alien" or "Not Alien"; investigates as either "Alien" or "Mafia")
Mafia Conspiracy Theorist
Mafia Clairvoyant (immediately informed how many factions there are; lyncher/pseudojester count as factions)
Mafia Clairvoyant
Mafia One-shot Day Vigilante
Mafia Godfather
Alien Avenger (supersaint)
Alien Avenger
Alien Vanillerizer
Alien Vanillerizer
Alien Psychotrooper (while alive, all roles which expect a result receive 'no result' as if role blocked)
Alien One-Shot Psychomagnet (all night actions are redirected to the target)
Alien Monarch (bulletproof unlynchable day-vigilante - but loses all abilities when any ability is activated; bulletproof ability can absorb multiple shots in one night; Alien Monarch isn't told explicitly when the bulletproof ability activates)
Baby Alien Monarch (on the dawn of Day 4, becomes an Alien Monarch; at that point, the town is publicly informed of the presence of this role; until then, cannot perform Alien factional kills)
Baby Alien Monarch
Lyncher (game ends if lyncher wins; lyncher becomes vanilla townie if target is killed; mod personally selects a town lynchee target after all players have chosen their roles)
Pseudojester (one-shot unlynchable; converts to the alignment of the hammering player when lynched; cannot win otherwise)
Red Goo (goo-aligned; targeted player unstoppably dies, even if bulletproof etc; one-shot; cannot be redirected/blocked; mod announces the death being due to a Red Goo)
Red Goo
Grey Goo (goo-aligned; anyone who successfully targets Grey Goo with an action becomes goo-aligned and vanillerized. The goo faction gains immediate knowledge of this. Immediately after night 2, Grey Goo (unblockably) dies)
Chameleon Goo (same as grey goo; also a mason)

If you have any questions Pm me.

Copy paste this:
Replacements:
Last edited by zabing12 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SPACKlick

Re: Best idea Mafia.

Postby SPACKlick » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 pm UTC

Copy paste this:
1. SPACKlick
Replacements:

Not convinced this'll work but would love to see the concept trialled

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:47 pm UTC

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
Replacements:

New User

Postby New User » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:16 am UTC

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
Replacements:

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:28 am UTC

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
Replacements:

zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:50 am UTC

In Light Of New...Light, I will be temporarily closing signups down.

zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:42 pm UTC

re-opened

DuplicateFeline

Postby DuplicateFeline » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:44 pm UTC

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
Replacements:
1.DuplicateFeline

DuplicateFeline

Postby DuplicateFeline » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 am UTC

Hey, can someone run this? I really want to play this but since zabing is going I can't play it. Can someone run it?

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:39 pm UTC

I will run this if we can get at least 7 players. Move yourself over from replacing to playing too. :wink:
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

DuplicateFeline

Postby DuplicateFeline » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm UTC

Alright cool!
1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
5. DuplicateFeline
Replacements:

ajh

Postby ajh » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:17 pm UTC

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
5. DuplicateFeline
6. ajh
Replacements:

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:22 pm UTC

7, you say?

Alright, I have no idea what's this about, but I'll assume I'll be giving clear instructions about how to proceed so we can go ahead with this.

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
5. DuplicateFeline
6. ajh
7. Vytron
Replacements:

Also, I find it hilarious that zabing12/DuplicateFeline (they're the same guy) gets to play in his own game instead of modding it :mrgreen:

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:25 pm UTC

Well, we might be down to six if the Duplicate gets banned.

DuplicateFeline

Postby DuplicateFeline » Fri May 01, 2015 1:46 am UTC

What? why would I get banned? I did nothing wrong.

DuplicateFeline

Postby DuplicateFeline » Fri May 01, 2015 6:33 am UTC

so are we playing, or are you waiting for more people?

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm UTC

I'll start the game next week sometime. If you're interested in joining (or want to be a replacement for when Duplicate gets banned :wink: ) then now's your chance!

These sort of games are very fun. By the way, I'm going to run this differently than zabing proposed. Balance is specifically NOT guaranteed. I will give you only two guarantees: 1) There will be more town than non-town, and 2) There will be at least one threat. I won't reroll for any other reason.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun May 03, 2015 1:55 am UTC

DuplicateFeline wrote:so are we playing, or are you waiting for more people?

Because you were banned, we need an extra player to start.

Hopefully not one that just joined the forum to enter this game, which would make it obvious zabing 3.0 :mrgreen:

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon May 04, 2015 3:31 am UTC

Okay... I'll bite... it looks like it's full of craziness and FUN.

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
5. DuplicateFeline
6. ajh
7. Vytron
8. Madge
Replacements:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon May 04, 2015 7:38 am UTC

Welcome Madge! Just let me remove zabing from the sign up list and we'll be ready!

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
6. ajh
7. Vytron
8. Madge
Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon May 04, 2015 4:18 pm UTC

If you're taking this over, SDK, maybe you want to move it to another thread so that you control the first post.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon May 04, 2015 4:20 pm UTC

1. SPACKlick
2. SirGabriel
3. New User
4. ahippo
5. mpolo
6. ajh
7. Vytron
8. Madge
Replacements:
Image <-- Evil experiment

SDK

Postby SDK » Mon May 04, 2015 4:27 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:If you're taking this over, SDK, maybe you want to move it to another thread so that you control the first post.

Good call. I'll make a new thread for the game.

I will likely get this going tomorrow, so if you want in, now's your chance!

SDK

Postby SDK » Tue May 05, 2015 3:13 pm UTC

Getting this setup now. I couldn't find where zabing got this stuff from, so please note that some minor things will change in the game thread as I make assumptions about how things work. Nothing major.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 pm UTC

SDK wrote:I couldn't find where zabing got this stuff from

I think he created it himself, this thread has more info.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat May 09, 2015 4:02 pm UTC

In case some players haven't noticed, Day 1 has started here.

xX_XKCD_Xx

Postby xX_XKCD_Xx » Fri May 15, 2015 3:20 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Getting this setup now. I couldn't find where zabing got this stuff from, so please note that some minor things will change in the game thread as I make assumptions about how things work. Nothing major.

hey, I don't know if thismatters much, but that link you gave me to that wiki in the meta thread is kinda useful. I looked it up on that wiki, and I found this:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... Idea_Mafia

This might help SDK.
I am a phoenix,
Returning from the dead,
From ashes and dust
From departed and gone
I return with a fire burning like no other
A blaze of glory and might.
-My fifth grade poem.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 15, 2015 3:30 pm UTC

Thanks zabing.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri May 15, 2015 3:34 pm UTC

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

So, how was your break CopyCat?

xX_XKCD_Xx

Postby xX_XKCD_Xx » Fri May 15, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

what? who is zabing?
I am a phoenix,
Returning from the dead,
From ashes and dust
From departed and gone
-My fifth grade poem.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 15, 2015 3:48 pm UTC

zabing's not a person, just something I sometimes say when I'm thanking someone. Like an exclamation of happiness and gratitude. "Thanks. Zabing!"

xX_XKCD_Xx

Postby xX_XKCD_Xx » Fri May 15, 2015 3:50 pm UTC

Bullshit. The way that spacklick reacted to your statement means that there's something else going on. Tell me. by the way, I'm not a 'copycat'.
I am a phoenix,
Returning from the dead,
From ashes and dust
From departed and gone
-My fifth grade poem.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri May 15, 2015 3:53 pm UTC

I read that as SPACKlick being glad that he wasn't the only one who was grateful.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 15, 2015 3:55 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:I read that as SPACKlick being glad that he wasn't the only one who was grateful.

Right. Exactly. Thanks Diemo, zabing.

:lol:

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm UTC

Diemo is right about that half of my message and the other

No not A copycat, I wasn't implying you were copying someone or
Duplicateing their style or something. I was making reference to a poor broken
Feline of SDK's. the one we wrote this poem for and left it around

Zeal was his error
and abandon his way
by night, hyperactive
indomitable by day
never before had we seen such play
going over the top
1 or other way
2 the end

xX_XKCD_Xx

Postby xX_XKCD_Xx » Fri May 15, 2015 4:00 pm UTC

alright, stop it. So, Duplicate and zabing were the same person, yes? Found the Join the forum cult thread. Zabing got ip banned. How did he come back as me if he's ip banned?
I am a phoenix,
Returning from the dead,
From ashes and dust
From departed and gone
-My fifth grade poem.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri May 15, 2015 4:01 pm UTC

How indeed? It is not like he can ever change his IP.

Your right, I'm so sorry. You are obviously not zabing.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

xX_XKCD_Xx

Postby xX_XKCD_Xx » Fri May 15, 2015 4:06 pm UTC

Whatever. If you all want me to be zabing/duplicatefeline/XKCD, then so be it. poof! A dollop of fairy dust and now I don't care all that much! Go ahead and think I'm zabing/duplicatefeline, but my name is XKCD, so please call me that.
I am a phoenix,
Returning from the dead,
From ashes and dust
From departed and gone
-My fifth grade poem.

xX_XKCD_Xx

Postby xX_XKCD_Xx » Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 pm UTC

All I was trying to do is give help.
I am a phoenix,
Returning from the dead,
From ashes and dust
From departed and gone
-My fifth grade poem.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 15, 2015 4:09 pm UTC

zabing being IP banned was never written in the Cult thread...

Now I'm that guy in the movie who's about to die for figuring out the truth about the bad guy! "What a shame. It didn't have to be this way, SDK," is your next line.

xX_XKCD_Xx wrote:All I was trying to do is give help.

Thanks XKCD, zabing.

Return to “Mafia”