Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 pm UTC

Boom frog why are you trying to help Madge with getting her votes?

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 pm UTC

*rereads fora*
What if there are two mafia/scum teams? How would they win? Do they have to kill the other team, or just all the townies.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
Maven89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:38 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Maven89 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:53 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:*rereads fora*
What if there are two mafia/scum teams? How would they win? Do they have to kill the other team, or just all the townies.


Both

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 am UTC

Dear mafia,
If you reveal yourself, we promise to lynch only one side. (To be determined by flip of a coin) totally. :D
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:08 am UTC

Peace Whale, who do you trust and why? Who don't you trust and why? Also you never responded to myself or Zen about 'voting blindly'.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:13 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:*rereads fora*
What if there are two mafia/scum teams?



Well, the way I knew there are two scum teams was supposed to be super secret inside info, which was why I was surprised and thought it totally scummy about the first few people who were saying "Yeah, there's totally two scum teams."
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Peace Whale, who do you trust and why? Who don't you trust and why? Also you never responded to myself or Zen about 'voting blindly'.


What and where was the question?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:... Do I have to? Why don't you go beg Bessie or Sabar or boomfrog? Why me? Do you think I'll just follow blindly? (Probably). At least wait for some of the other gets back.


Why do you resist so hard? If you are having trouble scumhunting, why not let us borrow your vote? I think the time for waiting is over.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 am UTC

Maven89 wrote:Boom frog why are you trying to help Madge with getting her votes?

Because she has a very high chance of being town and she said her power is good for town. And... I guess there's no harm in spelling it out: if we activate her twice scum are forced to kill her as she's a threat to them as Indy or town.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:Tell me more about why you believe she is town over indy or scum. Then tell me how you would expect scum / indy her to play. I am null on her and don't rule out the possibility of her being indy.

My main point is that even if she is Indy, she is still worth activating once for sure, and probably twice.

I'm assuming her power is real, and she either has something amazing happen or wins as Indy. If you disagree on that we can get into it. But it sounds too crazy but subtly balanced for Madge to make up.

If she were scum if expect her to ignore the power and act vanilla because she'd expect claiming not to work. If she is Indy and can only win this way then I would expect her to claim just the way she did, but I would expect her tone to be more composed. That meta read isn't 100% obviously, but it's about 70% and as I said helping once will be good for town even if she is Indy. And I'm confident more info will come out by D3 when we have a real decision to make. (If she even survives until then).
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:38 am UTC

Evil George Washington wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:... Do I have to? Why don't you go beg Bessie or Sabar or boomfrog? Why me? Do you think I'll just follow blindly? (Probably). At least wait for some of the other gets back.


Why do you resist so hard? If you are having trouble scumhunting, why not let us borrow your vote? I think the time for waiting is over.


Thanks, I didn't really realize that you actually wanted an answer, yeah, you can have my vote, but I don't like the feeling that I'm being played.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 am UTC

[quote="Gamma Emerald]I like lurking.[/quote]
What do you think of Moody? What do you think of Madge?

Will you vote Madge and help her activate her powers with me?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:42 am UTC

EBWoP
Gamma Emerald wrote:I like lurking.

What do you think of Moody? What do you think of Madge?

Will you vote Madge and help her activate her powers with me?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Spak
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Spak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:42 am UTC

Dark Horse isn't a policy lynch, he is a lurker lynch. I am always against policy lynches. Explain to me how you believe lynching Dark Horse is policy. How do you feel with Dark Horse not being lynched today, having not played at all, yet having viewed the game?

Oh, I haven't been in thread enough to recognize that he's been watching the thread consistently and thought he'd just been absent. If he was here and lurking, he could be a good choice. I still think BoomFrog is super suspicious and really want him to respond to my post on page 13, but am willing to help out with a Moody hammer if I'm needed. I have a fairly null read on the slot because he hasn't been the center of my attention, and my read on him apparently won't matter after today.

I'll help out with Madge today and see if we get any town powers. If we don't, I'm not helping Madge's ability anymore. If we do, I don't see a reason to not continue half voting her.

Vote: Madge
"As a friend, it is my duty to inform you that your life appears to need more justice."
~Drake Redcrest, 2005

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 am UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:
Peaceful Whale wrote:... Do I have to? Why don't you go beg Bessie or Sabar or boomfrog? Why me? Do you think I'll just follow blindly? (Probably). At least wait for some of the other gets back.


Why do you resist so hard? If you are having trouble scumhunting, why not let us borrow your vote? I think the time for waiting is over.


Thanks, I didn't really realize that you actually wanted an answer, yeah, you can have my vote, but I don't like the feeling that I'm being played.
+1 townie point for peaceful whale
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:44 am UTC

Vote Count 1.12
Madge (5): Madge, SirGabriel, BoomFrog, moody, Spak
jimbobmacdoodle (2): Bessie, #HBC | Red Ryu
moody7277 (9): jimbobmacdoodle, EGW, Sabrar, plytho, Znirk, Maven89, #HBC | Zyth, Peaceful Whale, Frozenflame
Gamma Emerald (1): mpolo
Spak (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (2): heuristically_alone, Dark Horse

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 am UTC

Spak wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Both are influenced by meta reads. They are both players who tend to over share as town and they are both pretty bad at inventing plausible fake claims. Madge is also a bit... mmm... stream of consciousness-y. If she is scum it will probably be pretty obvious soon.

I still don't think that meta is a good enough reason to straight-up give two slots town reads. You had legitimately one Madge post at that point to read her off of, and you gave her a town read. Furthermore, I'm not sure if I believe it being just meta reads since this statement contradicts your earlier statement of:
BoomFrog wrote:Madge is town for the same reason as Mpolo, she revealed to much of her role too freely.

You said that Scum Madge woulda been more cagey later in that post, but it wasn't stated as your primary reason. Additionally, how would a meta read have impacted your read on Mpolo if meta were your primary reason?
Sorry, I ignored your previous reminder because you didn't give a link and I was busy. Anyway...

I've reread what you've days five times and still don't understand your point. I think we are using the term "meta" differently so I'm going to about that term. Mpolo and Madge "habitually act in certain ways". Mpolo is always very passive, as scum he does not proactively plan a false claim and lay the seed of it early D1. If he was scum he would have been cautious about sharing. Not every player is like that. I'd give Zyth zero town points for sharing early, but mpolo does get them.

Madge is habitually spontaneous and just reads then posts whatever she is thinking. She doesn't stew on things for days, well she does, but only if it's a tough logic problem, not for things like inventing a false claim. And she posts about her stewing because she likes to share. So because of that I think her power is real. As I've just said recently there is a chance she is Indy if her role basically provided the false claim for her, so I agree I gave her a bit too much credit right off the bat. My evidence is that she didn't plan her claim carefully, but that does not 100% lead to she must be town.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:00 am UTC

Part 1 of me catching up.
Spoiler:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I really don't see Zyyh's logic jump from Dark Horse's silence is mechanic related to Dark Horse has a negative effect on us. I also disagree with the idea that taking him out now is in any way helpful to town, above lynching someone whose interactions we can review for useful info (especially if they flip scum).

@Zyth - I'm not the only one arguing against Dark Horse's lynch. What do you think about what others are saying? Also, why am I scum (phone posting, too much effort to look back to see if you explained this somewhere)? And how is EGW playing anti-town?

I've been flipping between moody and Gamma Emerald as my preferred lynch target. Neither look great. Red Ryu's content has taken a significant positive upswing, so I no longer want him lynched.

Unvote
Vote moody

He was the one who stuck out before I got around to rereading Gamma Emerald. I'm going to try to find a bit of time tomorrow to reread these two for the umpteenth time. I'll also be looking to see who is on each wagon to see who I trust more and who might be trying to protect their scum buddy.

@Peaceful Whale, the lynch looks likely to be between moody and Gamma Emerald. You should reread both of them and decide which you like the least, and vote for one of them. If you really can't decide, and think Madge can be trusted, voting her is okay, but not great.

What the fuck? What makes you say Moody and me? This closedmindedness feels kinda scummy, like he's trying to thunderdome us two.
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Moody7277
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
...
jimbobmacdoodle
1. "bessie - her one post is pretty standard bessie style. I like what she point out about Zyth (pointing out own townieness, assuming one scum team), and to a lesser extent about PeacefulWhale (repeatedly emphasising his newbie status, similar to his previous game where he was scum)."

The bolded is such a convoluted thing to say, and I can only see it coming from a scum mindset (town players in tunnel mode also do things like this, but that's not relevant here). What does this even mean? Town do not make statements like this. They can like something, dislike something, and be unsure of something, but there's no value in medium-liking something. Convoluted statements like these indicate that jim is scissor-cutting and piecing together a pseudo-read rather than genuinely feeling out bessie.

2. "In your case, it was a little more subtle, and although it definitely could be coming from a townie, it could also be an attempt to subtly impress on other players the idea that you are definitely town, if they aren't thinking critically enough."

The bolded is an absurd assumption. This is sort of similar to what I pointed out with Madge. jimbob know's that his reasoning falls apart and uses an absurd assumption to justify it. Town has no reason to force an argument like this. I myself have caught myself typing up a point, realizing it doesn't hold, and just deleting it. Scum jim needs to post content though, so he couldn't afford to abandon it.

Thanks for the jimbob summary, but I'm still gonna need something about moody from someone else. Also I get your reasoning for voting DH off before your scumreads now jsyk.
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         9
Moody           7
Gamma Emerald   7
SirGabriel      4
Dark Horse      4
Spak            4
jimbob          3
BoomFrog        2
Maven           1

See this? This is what's informing my suspicion of jimbob. He just completely ignores Ryu, the leader, for me and moody.
bessie wrote:As previously stated here, moody is difficult for me to read. Things I find interesting:

I didn’t like the automatic acceptance of mpolo’s claim, and I was quite suspicious of how moody discussed in two posts how mpolo’s power could be useful to town (and even odder is that his redirect examples focus on things like cops and trackers, why not a kill which is the first thing I thought of or am I the one misunderstanding this role?) It seemed like he wanted to plant a non-threatening townie read of mpolo in everyone’s minds.

The observation that two scum teams are common as of late (I don’t think they are, just Shakespeare unless I’m forgetting something). Then the observation that we’ve only had a couple lately? If he’s scum, he has a guess as to the number of teams based on the size of his team, and would want to mislead us, but which would it be?

His content has been entirely within his meta, mostly responses not questions. I’m reading moody in isolation, and I’m just not seeing anything that screams town or scum at me. I’ll keep thinking about him as I respond to other posts and see if I get a different feel from interactions with others. I’d rather not lynch moody, but wouldn’t stand in the way of his lynch if that’s the majority choice.

I think I see what's going on with this case. Being too accepting of a claim, and being reactive rather than proactive is what I see. Not in my top 4 but I can do it if I have to (which seems to be the case looking at the votecount I can see in the preview window).

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle
I'm gonna vote here for now, and I'll switch if this doesn't seem viable and/or advisable.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:00 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Did h_a just disappear?


Someone vig or take care of Heuristically Alone please.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:01 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:EBWoP
Gamma Emerald wrote:I like lurking.

What do you think of Moody? What do you think of Madge?

Will you vote Madge and help her activate her powers with me?

Wait what, I don't remember saying this?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 am UTC

Gamma why haven't you been as active as I would expect you to be?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:07 am UTC

I don't have time to explain this. Too many inactives to handle. We'd need 17 cooperative players to get the massage thing to work and it's not happening.

Last post D1.

Vote Moody
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:08 am UTC

Madge thing
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:10 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I don't have time to explain this. Too many inactives to handle. We'd need 17 cooperative players to get the massage thing to work and it's not happening.


No happy ending for you, Madge. :(

Vote: jimbob

Sorry to bus you, buddy.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 am UTC

BoomFrog, I'm not inactive. I just walked in the door. I posted in this thread last night that I wouldn't be home until 6:00 pm PDT. I haven't read anything yet.

Ninja'd by moody. WTF?

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:15 am UTC

*when you realize boomfrog's avatar isn't picking it's nose, it's flipping you off*
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:23 am UTC

Part 2
Spoiler:
Evil George Washington wrote:That is not how Spak plays as town. He is usually more thorough, and tends to tunnel. Here there is nothing of the sort.

This reaffirms my read fyi
Evil George Washington wrote:Unvote; Vote: Moody

Sabrar wrote:Unvote
Vote: moody


Let's do this.

plytho wrote:Unvote
Vote: moody

plytho wrote:@all: If you're online and not voting for Ryu, moody or Gamma (or jimbob,
I guess :| ) you're playing against town!

Madge, Spak, Red Ryu I saw you, why are you playing against town?

Gyah this shift feels so gross.
moody7277 wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Moody will you magically be town please.
Already knowing he can't be? You're the one who likes to guess the mindset of others, guess what mind-set the above implies.
I have no reason to think hes town. He's not even defending himself.


The two reasons I can see people think I'm scummy are that I don't do the "ask people questions" thing, which is a style attribute, and that I trusted mpolo's initial claim more than consensus says I should. That's it. Or am I missing something?

Hm, noted about you not asking questions being part of your playstyle. I can sympathize since I have a habit of sometimes not following up on questions I ask.
SirGabriel wrote:
FrozenFlame wrote:he's literally quitting because people want to lynch him for claiming indy? Like wtf? Have you never played mafia before? Who taught you that claiming indy D1 was EVER a good idea? lmao

It was mod confirmed that anyone who kills me dies, I thought that would make a difference. Don't act like I'm an idiot for making one misjudgment. And please read what I said, I didn't quit because people want to lynch me, I quit because there's no point in getting distracted from irl stuff by a game I've already lost.

LOL
This is why you never claim Indy unless it's sure to help you. Town (and mafia!) love going after indies they distrust.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Gamma Emerald: His earlier content was pretty poor, as I pointed out in my previous read of him. I quite liked Maven's argument against him, and it's fed into my scum read of him, since they more or less lined up with my own thoughts. I was going to say that I liked that Gamma gave reasons behind his four lynch candidates (which I do), only to see the clear OMGUS on Maven in there (aside: I'm leaning town on Maven at the moment). I also think that he's ignoring the likely case that Spak missed that Madge had a reasonable reason to self-vote. He's not done anything really to help town, as far as I can see. Definitely a strong scum read. In fact, now that I've had a proper re-read, I'd be more inclined to support Gamma's lynch over moody's, but there's no sign of that wagon going anywhere any more, and this will be my last post before deadline, so I won't be switching my vote.
I don't think it was valid to miss it since it was so close. And yeah the read on Maven is influenced by OMGUS but I still feel he's missing things and it doesn't feel right.
Madge wrote:Various Guests, please note that we tend to play with indies being town friendly - or at least town being friendly to indies! Once I was indie and town had the game in the bag but let the game go two more days so I'd get my win as indie. So I can see why SirG wouldn't think anything of claiming indie, without knowing the meta you guys brought over. Hope that helps!

My two communities have different mindsets. Starmen trusts certain indies more than others. A group we don't trust is lyncher-type ones, which Sir G seems to be. Mafiascum seems to be distrusting of all indies, which I know from personal experience, but that also is tainted by me oversharing things that one game.
Evil George Washington wrote:Gamma why haven't you been as active as I would expect you to be?

Because I can't be as active as I used to. I'm in college now.
PS: Apparently I dropped in on something crazy here :shock:

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:26 am UTC

I guess I'm down for lynching moody again? I wasn't too hot on it before his last post but I don't see any reason not to now. I'm just trying to think about getting Madge her powers. I see Bessie's online so she can vote too, we just need one more person off the two wagons.
Vote: Madge

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby moody7277 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:27 am UTC

bessie wrote:Ninja'd by moody. WTF?


23 pages for D1 can break a man.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:27 am UTC

Evil George Washington, Maven89, how does the twilight phase work? If there is a hammer, can we keep talking? Does it last until deadline or until YOLOSWAG feels like it?

I might be going out for about an hour.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
bessie wrote:Ninja'd by moody. WTF?


23 pages for D1 can break a man.

LMFAO
Play a large theme on mafiascum and come back to me on that.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 am UTC

bessie wrote:Evil George Washington, Maven89, how does the twilight phase work? If there is a hammer, can we keep talking? Does it last until deadline or until YOLOSWAG feels like it?

I might be going out for about an hour.

Can you vote Madge please?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:29 am UTC

If there is twilight before flip, we should be able to talk.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:30 am UTC

5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Twilight does not have a predetermined length. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene (including the lynchee's flip) is posted, the game will move to Night.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 am UTC

This means after hammer, we can talk as much as we like until the mod posts the flip. After that there is no talking.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby bessie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:38 am UTC

Unvote

Vote Madge

Doesn't Madge need to end the day with six votes? I don't think there's enough of us to activate her and hammer moody. It looks like moody won't be cooperating.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 am UTC

bessie wrote:Unvote

Vote Madge

Doesn't Madge need to end the day with six votes? I don't think there's enough of us to activate her and hammer moody. It looks like moody won't be cooperating.

I'd still like to try it. I'm online until 10:00 PM EDT.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 am UTC

Funnily enough, people should read Time Travellers to see that scum has given up due to the extreme page length. I think Moody just said that because he knows he's dead in the water so he may as well spill some wine. I take his post as null and will ignore it when considering Jim's alignment. I suggest everyone to simply read Jim individually or via interactions, not based on what Moody said.

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:45 am UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:EBWoP
Gamma Emerald wrote:I like lurking.

What do you think of Moody? What do you think of Madge?

Will you vote Madge and help her activate her powers with me?

Wait what, I don't remember saying this?

Yeah, I looked at my ISO and this is 99.99% an edit, which is disingenuous as fuck since it doesn't seem like he's doing it for levity.
PEdit: I agree with EGW about the wine issue.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:47 am UTC

Also your explanation that you are in college makes sense, Gamma. I hope to see more from you.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wam and 11 guests