The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

LaserGuy

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:49 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
I was afraid when mpolo told us where found got the setup that it would be very tough for us to false claim once the setup was known. (I warned in scum chat that Sabrar would likely find the setup mpolo used.) Luckily Gopher is looking so winey and Sabrar is so focused on Gopher and vice versa that neither of them is looking for the dimochka and plytho team. We're the ones that don't fit the setup. I hope Madge and kalira don't pick up on it. I'm surprised Gopher isn't pointing it out. He's looking for 2 scum and there's 2 players that don't fit his setup.

Gopher will probably (hopefully) get lynched tonight. We'll probably kill Sabrar tonight because he probably has some vote manipulation ability left (he hinted at that D1). Then we'll have dimochka as confirmed scum (because of Gopher's flip), kalira as maybe independent(?), Madge as the last townie and me. Unless kalira's gifts get us in trouble (either tonight or tomorrow) or she has some vote manipulation left we can force no lynch tomorrow and win this game. Even if dimochka does somehow get lynched tomorrow I might still be able to lynch kalira or Madge.

I think plytho is overthinking this. Assuming Gopher is lynched tonight (seems likely--you guys are doing great!), then if they kill Sabrar, it's 1-2-1 and town should just be endgamed. At worst, they claim scum and kalira joins them to lynch Madge. The play is pretty much exactly the same if they miss their kill. In a 2-2-1, they can play it out and hope for another mislynch, but they may as well claim since kalira will almost certainly be kingmaker. I guess the safest play would be for dimochka to claim, and once kalira votes for somebody (and dimochka is able to vote for somebody), then plytho can hammer.

FWIW, if I claim that somebody is independent, breadcrumb you their identity, and you find that breadcrumb, then it should be clear that I believe that to be true. It would be very, very poor play for me to have made it up at that point. I guess it's possible you're considering the possibility that's she's really town and lied to me somehow.

[edit]
MY(P)Lo

I move that this dreadful acronym be replaced with MPOLO in honor of its creator.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 am UTC

Shakespeare III

Spoiler:
WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING BLATANT AREN'T WE?? IS THAT WHY YÁLL ARE TALLKING BEHIND OUR BACKS??

Also I got a doctor amulet from Kalira last night which is being forced upon me tonight so I have kalira as town. It also means I'll live through tomorrow regardless. I'm trying to draw the kill by implying it might be a cop, but don't want to be too blatant about it or they'll think I'm scummy.

Town / presumed town:
Madge, Kalira

Neutral:
Sabrar, Plytho

Scummy:
Dimochka, GoP

Don't want to post this as I want to leave the possibility of me tracking Kalira out there.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:04 am UTC

Shakespeare III:
Spoiler:
Can I read these now? It's not as if anyone will believe me.... :P
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:18 pm UTC

Shakespeare III:
Spoiler:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Can I read these now? It's not as if anyone will believe me.... :P

Now you can. Town's only (slim) chance is that scum kills Madge tonight (she is immune to the kill tonight). If scum kills kalira, I think it's almost certainly a scum win, though they might have to get through a day still (there's a weird thing in Sabrar's role that could in a very strange set of coincidences result in getting town back on the rails)… If they kill Sabrar it is scum/indie win.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:21 pm UTC

Shakespeare III

Spoiler:
WHO WILL I TRACK TONIGHT???

Kalira - presumed town so will not track (gift: I'm forced to use it tonight, so if it kills me hopefully people will remember me warning them!!!)

Sabrar

Plytho

Dimochka - got info based on GoP's flip.

So, Sabrar or Plytho. Sabrar is super supportive of Plytho so they're kind of a team. Honestly, Sabrar's post of "What to do if I'm dead" strikes me as completely unnecessary for scum, it's so elaborate (WHAT SCUM WANTS ME TO THINK???) - so I'll target plytho I think.

Hopefully scum will kill me. I bet they don't believe my softclaim of cop power though. O well I tried
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:21 pm UTC

Shakespeare III

Spoiler:
WHO WILL I TRACK TONIGHT???

Kalira - presumed town so will not track (gift: I'm forced to use it tonight, so if it kills me hopefully people will remember me warning them!!!)

Sabrar

Plytho

Dimochka - got info based on GoP's flip.

So, Sabrar or Plytho. Sabrar is super supportive of Plytho so they're kind of a team. Honestly, Sabrar's post of "What to do if I'm dead" strikes me as completely unnecessary for scum, it's so elaborate (WHAT SCUM WANTS ME TO THINK???) - so I'll target plytho I think.

Hopefully scum will kill me. I bet they don't believe my softclaim of cop power though. O well I tried

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:55 pm UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
Well.... I don't know what to say. I could see my lynch coming all day, but there was nothing I could do to prevent it. Once people have you pegged as scum, it's really hard to shake it.

I feel somewhat vindicated that everyone voting for me early in the game were scum. Somehow the scum teams managed to join together to vote for me, which has put doubt into towns minds.

I had not picked plytho as scum. They played very well. So did dimochka, but even without my power their claim just did not feel right.

I suppose the only thing I'll get out of this is Sabrar's reaction when he realizes how played he was by plytho and dimochka.

I gotta stop acting so scummy. I don't know how not to.

And Sabrar:

I TOLD YOU SO!

:)
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:26 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Gopher of Pern wrote:I gotta stop acting so scummy. I don't know how not to.
You do act scummy, but for what it's worth I can tell the difference. You tend to post stream of consciousness and don't fact-check as much as some, which leads to mistakes and misunderstandings and therefore people think you're lying instead of just mistaken. Like I said, I can tell the difference (especially this final Day, oh man would I have been fighting back against this lynch!), but it definitely gives something for scum to pick on and town to worry about.

If it makes you feel any better, it doesn't really matter. plytho was not going to get lynched, ever. :x
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:26 pm UTC

is anyone planning on running a game soon? i'd like to help co-mod or whatever else.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:09 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:is anyone planning on running a game soon? i'd like to help co-mod or whatever else.

There are two things languishing in signups… If no one else wants to run a game, I could start a completely vanilla game (truly newbie friendly).

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:34 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:
dimochka wrote:is anyone planning on running a game soon? i'd like to help co-mod or whatever else.

There are two things languishing in signups… If no one else wants to run a game, I could start a completely vanilla game (truly newbie friendly).

I'd be happy to mod a game, if people would prefer something less vanilla.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:14 pm UTC

I'm up for whatever, but as I said I'd rather help with modding than play the next 1 or 2 games.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:18 pm UTC

I want a game to start so I can sign on as a replacement and hopefully skip day 1 :-P

I would also be willing to mod a game based on a published setup with some silly flavor, but I think supply of mods isn't the issue at the moment.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:16 am UTC

Expressing interest in any 12+, will bring Jbby as well.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 pm UTC

I could run an X-Men turbo if anyone would be interested. I'd write 15-20 role PMs which would all be public, and everyone's role would be in there (but not all of those roles would be in play). # of scum / independent determined before deciding on alignment, and then alignments distributed 100% randomly (without regard for balance at that point). Thoughts?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:27 pm UTC

How is turbo defined here?

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:28 pm UTC

If a vanilla game starts up I might be tempted to join in for once. I love spectating the crazier ones but I just can't keep track as a player.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:48 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:How is turbo defined here?

48 hour days, 24 hour nights. Sometimes D1 is given an extra 24 hours.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:46 pm UTC

Interested in any game, X-Men sounds fun.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:22 pm UTC

I'm interested in anything. Not sure if I could handle turbo if that includes weekends since I can't usually get more than a post or two those days. Would depend a lot on my schedule when it started.

A pure vanilla or mostly vanilla would be good fun.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:59 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I'm interested in anything. Not sure if I could handle turbo if that includes weekends since I can't usually get more than a post or two those days. Would depend a lot on my schedule when it started.

A pure vanilla or mostly vanilla would be good fun.

Saturday + Sunday generally count as one day, and I generally don't let days end on weekends.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm UTC

Turbo sounds fun. Newbie would be a nice change of pace, though prefer not a pure vanilla game.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:57 pm UTC

The turbo sounds fun! I would only sign on as a replacement but I'd be secretly hoping I need to replace in.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:05 am UTC

I’ll play whatever. I would like to play another of SirGabriel’s games someday. I thought that Once Upon a Mafia was very clever. Or up for anything by dimochka. I wouldn’t usually play a turbo but dimochka and I have the same time zone so his deadlines are at a good time for me to be active.

Are there any other lurkers out there who would like a newbie/vanilla game? If there’s enough interest, we might be able to run one in addition to anything else we have going. Madge, would you be willing to mod or play a newbie game like Matrix6?

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 am UTC

I'd mod a newbie game and put Ibis / Bin Chicken flavour all over it, so fair warning. But I wouldn't want to compete for players.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 am UTC

Sounds like a few people want a newbie game. If someone's willing to run one, that would be better. X-Men won't be complex, but it won't be a newbie game either (I just wrote out the first 6 roles, and looks like it'll be a lot of powers, so not quite newbie-friendly). I'll run X-Men after.

Example role PM Draft for X-Men:
Spoiler:
Name: Cyclops / Scott Summers
Role: You are the first X-man to join the team, and the tactical leader of the group.
Skill: You are a vigilante, and have the following powers:
- Optic Blast: You remove your ruby-quartz lenses and shoot your target (vig).
- Optic Explosion: You unleash your full power at your target, making sure that nothing can stop your attack (unblockable vig). This will, however, cause you to be unable to use any kind of vig power for the rest of the game due to the sheer power of the attack.
- Master Tactician: If you are outnumbered, your tactical instincts kick in and you are able to maneuver yourself to safety. You are immune to kills on any night on which you are targeted by two or more kills that would have been successful otherwise.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 am UTC

dimochka wrote:Sounds like a few people want a newbie game. If someone's willing to run one, that would be better. X-Men won't be complex, but it won't be a newbie game either (I just wrote out the first 6 roles, and looks like it'll be a lot of powers, so not quite newbie-friendly). I'll run X-Men after.

Maybe go into signup right after the newbie game starts… I suspect that that would be a constellation where people are willing to play two games, or that there are enough who prefer games where everyone has a power who would not sign up for a newbie game.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 pm UTC

So, does that mean I should put a newbie game into sign-ups and then, after everyone has signed up, assault everyone's sensibilities to judgemental flavour about how Ibises are the worst birds?

kalira

Postby kalira » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:47 pm UTC

I would have thought you had it out for magpies more... swooping season and all being a thing in Australia.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 pm UTC

Worst birds?
Not geese?

Fuckers are mean, especially Canadian ones. And they have teeth!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 pm UTC

I don't have the time to do a Turbo at the moment, but will happily boost any numbers for a vanilla one or whatever else happens.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 pm UTC

Two Rooms, One Boom, and a Bang is still in sign ups as well and the only reason it can't start yet is that there aren't enough people signed up. But there seems to be enough people interested here in some short of game. I say we help get that going and maybe a signups for a newbie game.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:
dimochka wrote:Sounds like a few people want a newbie game. If someone's willing to run one, that would be better. X-Men won't be complex, but it won't be a newbie game either (I just wrote out the first 6 roles, and looks like it'll be a lot of powers, so not quite newbie-friendly). I'll run X-Men after.

Maybe go into signup right after the newbie game starts… I suspect that that would be a constellation where people are willing to play two games, or that there are enough who prefer games where everyone has a power who would not sign up for a newbie game.

yeah that's what i'm thinking. let's get the newbie game started, and then i'll post a new game.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:48 am UTC

Okay, I've put Bin Chicken Mafia into signups: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37971&p=4212656#p4212656

Let me know if I shouldn't have. Also let me know if Australian memes are not a well I should go to for mafia flavour.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 am UTC

Madge wrote:Okay, I've put Bin Chicken Mafia into signups: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37971&p=4212656#p4212656

Let me know if I shouldn't have. Also let me know if Australian memes are not a well I should go to for mafia flavour.
It might be a good idea to advertise this on the main Forum Games section, since I expect not many people check our little sub-forum outside the regulars.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:01 am UTC

I never thought of trying to pull players in! I will whip up a quick post.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:17 am UTC

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123004

Feel free to post endorsements or elaborations (which will also bump the post up).

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 am UTC

Madge wrote:Okay, I've put Bin Chicken Mafia into signups: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=37971&p=4212656#p4212656

I won't be able to play this one, I'm going on holiday in two weeks. Sounds fun though :)
he him his

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

@Madge, when do think you'll be starting the newbie game?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:06 pm UTC

Madge wrote:I'm likely to start a little bit earlier I think, we've got a good number of sign ups and the main reason I was saying starting Monday is I thought I might be in jury duty this week - they called me onto the selection panel for a dangerous driving causing death case and then they didn't draw my name out of the proverbial hat (they literally picked the jurors by drawing names out of a special box), so they sent me back to work for the rest of the day and told me to wait for my next summons. So I was expecting to have very little computer time all this week and planned the start date accordingly. So I might be starting it on Sunday (GMT+8, my local time - which I think is Saturday for most everyone else).

I've already started on the role PMs (I'm going to make them all public so there's no meta questioning about their phrasing, so I'm writing the role PMs before I randomly select the setup)!
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Return to “Mafia”