School Rules!

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

School Rules!

Postby gmalivuk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 pm UTC

Okay everyone, standard rules apply in this forum like in any other.

Additionally, this is for school-related questions that are not specific to math/science/language topics. Those still belong in the other threads. As you can probably guess based on the threads that have been moved here already, it's more a general forum for questions/discussions about education and schools in general. How to decide on a college, a major, whether to study abroad, that sort of thing.

Keep that in mind when starting new threads. Keep the search function in mind, too. Try to keep responses within threads mostly on-topic, too, though as usual a bit of off-topic banter is fine.

This is not a forum for us to do your homework, any more than the other three fora here are for that purpose!

Play nice and have fun. Rules may be added here as seen fit.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

mrbaggins

Re: School Rules!

Postby mrbaggins » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:57 am UTC

Is there a reason that thethis forum is locked from guests?

I never would have noticed because I have my home comp set to remember me, and when I tried to come into this particular one whilst at work, it wouldn't let me 'til I'd logged in.

Just figure it's a bug or oversight of some sort.
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:52 pm UTC

I'm not sure. I know Belial was having a bit of trouble with the permissions when the subforum was first created, so perhaps this is just a relic of that.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

Yeah, let me tinker with it. The permissions on this forum and fit club both failed to inherit properly, and I had to set them all up manually, so naturally I forgot a few.

Edit: Should be fixed.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Scythe of Vyse

Postby Scythe of Vyse » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:49 pm UTC

I know there are some issues with guest posts but I see that many are diverting from the topic, Can anyone tell me what school rules are we talking about?

Thanks

frogshee

Postby frogshee » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:20 pm UTC

Hmmmm I could have sworn I posted on this thread but now I do not see my post. Hmmm...

Return to “School”