Yoga...anyone?!?!?!

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Moderators General, Prelates

Bekah

Yoga...anyone?!?!?!

Postby Bekah » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:27 am UTC

The last post I saw about yoga was someone talking about prenatal yoga in like 2011...so I may be making a thread for myself, but that's okay, I like me well enough to talk to myself all day long :)

Are there any other yogi's/yogini's out there? Do you aspire to be bendy?

I suppose I am a bit old school with regards to what I like in yogic teachings, bc I really like Ashtanga and Iyengar styles of yoga.

Anyways, hi I'm Bekah and I will be here whenever anyone decides to show up and chat with me :)
We do not have to succumb to the tyranny of our own self judgement~~Rolf Gates

Dee Dee: Dexter, what's wrong?
Dexter: I have no friends, and I am totally unpopular.
Dee Dee: Duh.

CrazyRom

Re: Yoga...anyone?!?!?!

Postby CrazyRom » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:33 pm UTC

I don't practice Yoga but I stretch everyday beacause I am dancer:)
an Hi Bekah I am Roman:)

bartp

Postby bartp » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:35 pm UTC

After yoga my feelings are great. I am so calm and relaxed. When I'm nervous yoga helps me. I start train with someone who know a lot about it.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:17 pm UTC

Part of my new fitness thing is doing yoga in the park once a week. There is a local yoga studio that has free outdoor classes daily in the warm times, and I am trying to take advantage of it. I have maybe only been twice, but each time it gave me such an amazing core workout.
I mean, beyond all the warrior poses (which I love and have been doing for years) they use a flow I am less used to for 'resting'. Plank, low plank, upward facing dog, downward facing dog. It is one of those funny things where the first time one is all 'so easy' and after an hour sliding this between other things one is all 'this counts as low plank right?'.
So beyond the happy relaxation from the mindfulness bits, endorphins! And maybe, one day, abs! Weee! time for more side plank
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

LadyLand

Postby LadyLand » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 pm UTC

I am a yoga trainer. Yoga is my entire life.

SoSoSo

Postby SoSoSo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:50 pm UTC

I had never done yoga before until I started doing p90x3 around 5 months ago. Now I do it once a week as part of the workout schedule and I love it.

It was truly ignorant of me but I always perceived yoga as a wussy exercise ! After my first yoga workout I was sweating buckets and shaking, breathless, and totally pumped.

Pilates on the other hand ...

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:03 pm UTC

I want to get back into yoga regularly but I have had my video for ~14 year (not exciting anymore) and can't find videos I like online. Suggestions?
Cuase it really is great. I love how I can feel it in my core afterwards. I just have no motivation to do the same old thing or deal with a video whose instructor thinks I should breath twice as fast as I do.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

dabontv

Postby dabontv » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:16 pm UTC

I try to do 15 minutes of yoga a day, has really helped me with back pain and flexibility.

AngelAttractor

Postby AngelAttractor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:18 pm UTC

I was always dizzy after Sun salutation sequence. Never again.

sophyturtle

Postby sophyturtle » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:57 am UTC

I have been trying to work more into my daily routine. There is a woman I follow on youtube who has a couple decent bed time flows I like but I still can't seem to get myself to do it every night.

Also, if you find flows with inversions to be tricky there are some that are entirely seated or that don't change level which might treat you better.

araprado613

Postby araprado613 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:41 am UTC

Hi Bekha! I totally love yoga. I don't get to do it as much as I would want to lately, but if I do have the chance, I do Vinyasa and Bikram. :)

Return to “Fit Club”