Sci-Fi Short Story: Through The Worm's Hole

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Moderators General, Prelates

pedroj012

Sci-Fi Short Story: Through The Worm's Hole

Postby pedroj012 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:58 pm UTC

So I was unemployed for a few months and created this guy. It's about a cosmologist who goes around an alternate universe with an intergalactic traveling salesman. It's in the same vein as hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. Hyper-ish - there are some links within the text, but I frankly ran out of steam - maybe I'll make it cooler later.

There are no pictures, but if anyone happens to really like the story/characters I am totally down to put art in there. Even just one per chapter.

http://www.thewormshole.blogspot.com

A snippet:

People started to get a little worried when the smartest of them started to build even smarter ones; you know, that whole cyclical singularity thing. More of a doublarity really: the robots took two opposite but exponentially frustrating paths."
Bradley had heard the theory before, "They didn't build smarter and smarter robots ad infinitum?"
"Well, that was what people thought would happen, and that's what about half of them did, but at some point some of the robots wizened up. They figured out that as long as they were becoming smarter and smarter and humans were staying their same old dumb selves, they'd be propping us up forever, so instead of building smarter and smarter robots, they started building dumber and dumber ones until they became even dumber than the original ones we created! 'Memristors plus plus, problems plus plus,' as they said. Now they're almost totally useless. Thus, the bumblebots.”

I'd appreciate any feedback. Definitely let me know if something doesn't make sense - it's probably some alternate spelling that I stretched to make a weird pun or something. Anyway. Enjoy.
Last edited by pedroj012 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Re: My Somewhat Corny Sci-Fi Hyper-Short Story

Postby Kewangji » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 am UTC

The bit about being in deep shit was amusing and well-written. The story made sense, but I wasn't invested in it enough to keep clicking after chapter one - would've preferred to just scroll but I guess that might ruin the hyperlinking you mentioned.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

pedroj012

Postby pedroj012 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

Cool thanks for reading. Haha I spent a while making it look somewhat like pages and setting up the next buttons..I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to have 2 different layouts

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:30 pm UTC

Make it 1 chapter per webpage and I'll read and comment on the entire thing. I liked the first few pages but my internet's too slow for me to bother to click through 117 of them. 117!!! That took you way too long! And each page is just a couple sentences!
-Adam

pedroj012

Postby pedroj012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 pm UTC

haha well thanks for reading what you did. I guess didn't think internet speed would be an issue. I'll let you know if when it's reformatted

EDIT: Okay I made a new thing with a chapter view and put the first 2 chapters on there. Let me know if/when you get through them and are down to read some more and I'll go ahead and do the next few: http://thewormshole1.blogspot.com/

Return to “Your art and links”