Here are some of the things I tend to do
- Pasta - just cook how much you need and top with sauce - either homemade and then frozen in ice-cube trays (so you can thaw just a small amount) or sauce from a jar
- Breakfast - I do a lot of 'breakfast for supper' - so eggs, frozen sausage (I only thaw what I want or cut it into appropriate portions before freezing), frozen hash browns (so you can cook only what you want), or bisquick pancakes, etc.
- Fancified Grilled cheese - basically grilled cheese with a couple of cheeses (I usually use provolone and colby as I have colby around for general eating and provolone for sandwiches) and maybe some extra stuff - I like pesto and sometimes will throw some spinach in there if I've got it. Tomato's another popular one, but I'm just not a big fan of tomatoes. During the winter I'll also have one of those "soup to go" tomato soups as that's the perfect size for me
- Chicken and rice in a loaf pan - I like the standard chicken and rice casserole, but a standard casserole is waaay too big for me (and I'm not a huge fan of eating the same thing 4 times in a row) but if you scale down the recipe and use a bread pan instead, you've got a more acceptable size
- Soup - if you make a nice big pan of soup and then freeze it (I use pint plastic freezer boxes) you can have actually good soup with one serving size opposed to the not as tasty canned soup
- Salad - this one is always easy
Anyone else have stuff they like to cook when you're the only one eating?
(I'm hoping for more... normal stuff than the "single people eat weird things..." thread)