For the discussion of language mechanics, grammar, vocabulary, trends, and other such linguistic topics, in english and other languages.
Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:33 am UTC
- Location: Escher's Wonderland
manictheatrefan wrote: Meteorswarm wrote:
I hope you don't mind a foreign language pun.
I think this would be better phrased as
It just sounds more natural to me.
造詣很高, 非常道! Very Taoist indeed. And I agree with manictheatrefan re: sounding natural.
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:26 pm UTC
Q: Why do mice have such small balls?
A: Because not many of them know how to dance.
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.
- Occam's Taser
- Posts: 5160
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
- Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.
Eebster the Great
- Posts: 2870
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:58 am UTC
Why were people complaining about the pronunciation of "Gogh" when clearly "Degas" is the real problem.
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:42 am UTC
The proper term for large chunks of French cheese scattered all over the road?
- Posts: 272
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 5:38 am UTC
- Location: here
pirates are guys with one eye, one leg, or both.
United we stand politically corrected, divided we fall in love
Return to “Language/Linguistics”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests