The Harry Potter 7 Thread (Spoilers probable)

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

bavardage

The Harry Potter 7 Thread (Spoilers probable)

Postby bavardage » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:02 pm UTC

Finished reading the book 4 hours ago... the book is better than books 5 or 6, but let's face it, that isn't a huge achievment.

The plot feels really quite linear, and I found the passage of time very vague. Rowling also seems to kill off people just for the hell of it. What did Hedwig's death add at all? Harry thought about it once, and that was that.

The epilogue, I felt, was also really quite 'cheesy.'

*Not sure whether this thread is actually justified, but I hope it is different enough from the leak thread.*
'It can't be software incompatibility - the Trodden Spiral was designed for concentric rings, idiot ...'

Izual_Rebirth

Postby Izual_Rebirth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:27 am UTC

The ending \ epilogue was a bit too "happily ever after" for my liking. It was ok considering the rest of the series although there was nothing extra special or any "Oh me yarm Oh me yarm!!!" moments that I was hoping for.

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:34 am UTC

Guys, there are already several Harry Potter 7 threads in this very subforum.

I'd advise posting your thoughts here, although we've been whiting out spoilers just to keep things fair.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist

Postby skeptical scientist » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 am UTC

I was kind of hoping to find out the occupations of the characters during the epilogue. I mean, Harry probably became an auror, but what about Ron and Hermione? Did anything ever happen with SPEW?

And doesn't Harry have to go back for another year of school? He never took his NEWTs! Book 8 anyone? :P
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:44 am UTC

There are tons of HP 7 threads.

Here and here are the two you should be posting in. Preferably the latter.

Return to “Books”