Book Seven (of the Harry Potter series)

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants

Postby Castaway » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:06 am UTC

I thought that most of this book was disappointing.

1) there is no reason that that many people had to die.
2) I actually missed the day-to-day school life
3) I thought the Hallows were rushed and ultimately not very important to the actual storyline. I think you could take them out of the book and it would make complete sense.
4) I still am not satisfied with the explanation of why Voldemort can't/couldn't kill Harry.
5) Why didn't Charlie roll in with like 30 dragons?
6) How the fuck is Ron going to get a job *especially* without having graduated school?
7) Obviously, the epilogue sucked
8) The romances seemed really naive and dumb
9) If something happens in your brain that makes it decidedly less real. I believe it may even contradict the definition of real.
10) Too many characters changed completely (Draco, Dumbledore, Neville, Cissy, Lucius)
11) I seriously didn't give a shit about Dobby, yet they devoted so much time to his death, and totally glanced over Lupin
12) What happened to Hagrid?
13) Where did Griphook go?
14) JK Rowling sucks at time. Like a lot.
15) Snapes relationship with Lily would definitely have come up at some point. Lupin or Sirius would have mentioned it at some point to Harry.
16) ????
17) PROFIT!

This is not all to say that I didnt like the book, but I didn't think it was as tight as the other books. I felt like she was trying to do too much in the final installment. There were a lot of things that I liked (i love a good Horcrux), but I feel like the "revelation" moment wasn't as striking, but that's definitely because it's the end, they can't open up more things to wonder about, which is what I really loved about Harry Potter.
Also, can somebody help me with the ages of people? Hagrid is the same generation as Riddle and therefore Voldemort. Are they older than Lily/James/Sirius/Lupin/Snape? Also, was Bill perhaps in school at the same time as Lily, James, Sirius, Lupin and Snape? I wish I could get an age chart going.
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:13 am UTC

I agree that it wasn't as "tight" as it could be - I had to keep reminding myself that it was written for children. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I recently started reading a lot more again and I think I was getting a bit snobbish over style/cliché.

The time line was terrible, I'm surprised that got past the editors. I know I'm pretty easily confused,
Switching to Spoiler Protection wrote:but the first leap forward in time was like "woah! months have passed? when did that happen!?!" The second leap forward in time, I was waiting for it, going "c'mon, you're going to catapult us several months ahead again, that mean's Tonk's is almost due..."

All in all, I'm gearing up to read it again as I want to be sure that the questions I still have are genuine questions, not something I missed in the text in my burning desire to know how it all ends.
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist

Postby skeptical scientist » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:07 am UTC

SilverWolfe wrote:All in all, I'm gearing up to read it again as I want to be sure that the questions I still have are genuine questions, not something I missed in the text in my burning desire to know how it all ends.

I'm sure I missed quite a bit that way.

I can't imagine being one of those people asked to speed-read it to write reviews (45 minutes? How sad - I enjoyed every hour it took me to read, and it was still over too soon.)
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

EstLladon
Beat you to the park. From RUSSIA.

Postby EstLladon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:20 am UTC

Maybe xkcd has poisoned my mind, but I couldn't help noticing these marks of the fora:

Unfunny "Your mom" joke:

[quote][color=white]“That’s my wand you’re holding, Potter,â€
From Russia with math.

GhostWolfe

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:24 am UTC

EstLladon wrote:Unfunny "Your mom" joke?

Can I try?

[quote][color=white]“That’s my wand you’re holding, Potter,â€
Linguistic Anarchist
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Solt

Postby Solt » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:04 am UTC

spoilers wrote:My favorite part was when Harry had resolved to sacrifice himself and was marching to his death at Voldemort's hands. That part actually got my heart racing and it would have been so tragically beautiful... but then he had to come back to life and that ruined it. Obviously that's what I get for reading children's fiction.

I'm not clear why Harry survived Voldemort's killing curse in the forest. Only because Voldemort had some of Harry's blood, and thus that protected him for some reason? Also, it would have been awesome if Harry had said something like "Do you even know how to perform the killing curse, Tom?" after coming back. But morbid for obvious reasons.

Also, how did Neville get the Sword of Gryffindor when Griphook had it?

Did they really have to spend all that time doing NOTHING? That part of the book completely bored me, and if I didn't know that Rowling would probably tell most of the story in the last third of the book, as she usually does, I would have put it down.

Snape rocked, though I was disappointed that none of his motivations involved, you know, a sense of right and wrong, perhaps? And if he really loved Lily that much, why didn't he just give up the Dark Arts a few years earlier and he could have been with her.

After all the buildup, I think the Deathly Hallows should have played a bigger role in the end. They should have saved Harry instead of some more love crap. Was a mother dying to save her child from Voldemort really all that rare? And how did Dumbledore defeat the un-defeatable wand?

What really bothers me is how JKR managed to write a story that has gotten me so much more involved than any other story I've ever read. Why can't other, better authors do that? It's not right, I tell you! I guess no one gets 7 books either.
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,
produced a more reliable product. But sailors do
not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a
most annoying habit of splitting in two."
-J.W. Morris

GhostWolfe

Postby GhostWolfe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:15 am UTC

Solt wrote:I'm not clear why Harry survived Voldemort's killing curse in the forest. Only because Voldemort had some of Harry's blood, and thus that protected him for some reason?

The way I explained it to myself (being as I was about as clear as you on the matter) was: when Volemort killed Harry, he destroyed the part of of his sould that was residing in Harry, leaving Harry's sould unsullied and able to return to life.
Linguistic Anarchist

EstLladon
Beat you to the park. From RUSSIA.

Postby EstLladon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:22 am UTC

The problem with Rowling's writing as I see it: in such a complex story you must remember a lot of things - just hold a lot of stuff in your head simultaneously. And she is not able to do it. It is common problem with such big series - they are never consistent. But Rowling's writing are much more inconsistent then Tolkien's for example, because she can remember less.

I always wanted to write a series of books which would be perfectly consistent. I think it is possible, it just require proper organization. Kinda like start a wiki about it before actually writing the books.
Last edited by EstLladon on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
From Russia with math.

Durinthal

Postby Durinthal » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 pm UTC

Castaway wrote:I thought that most of this book was disappointing.

3) I thought the Hallows were rushed and ultimately not very important to the actual storyline. I think you could take them out of the book and it would make complete sense.
4) I still am not satisfied with the explanation of why Voldemort can't/couldn't kill Harry.
6) How the fuck is Ron going to get a job *especially* without having graduated school?
9) If something happens in your brain that makes it decidedly less real. I believe it may even contradict the definition of real.
10) Too many characters changed completely (Draco, Dumbledore, Neville, Cissy, Lucius)
11) I seriously didn't give a shit about Dobby, yet they devoted so much time to his death, and totally glanced over Lupin
15) Snapes relationship with Lily would definitely have come up at some point. Lupin or Sirius would have mentioned it at some point to Harry.
16) ????
17) PROFIT!

Also, can somebody help me with the ages of people? Hagrid is the same generation as Riddle and therefore Voldemort. Are they older than Lily/James/Sirius/Lupin/Snape? Also, was Bill perhaps in school at the same time as Lily, James, Sirius, Lupin and Snape? I wish I could get an age chart going.

Durinthal wrote:1) It's more realistic, though. It's a war, people are in danger.
2) So did I, to some extent.
3) Agreed.
4) Been explained (willing to die so he didn't)
5) Dragons are difficult to control (see Goblet of Fire) and would just as likely kill the good guys.
6) That goes back to me wondering what jobs everyone had in the epilogue. I think that they somehow managed to get accredited despite not going to school the last year. I mean, they saved the wizarding world.
7) Eh, yes and no. It's nice to see that they had kids, at any rate.
8) Your opinion.
9) Reality is nothing more than what you perceive in most regards (e.g. The Matrix).
10) The only one of those that I saw differently than before was Dumbledore, and even then we didn't know anything about his past. The previous two books in particular showed each of the other characters starting to head toward who they were in the end.
11) Your opinion, but I do agree that more should have been done about Lupin and Tonks.
12) Already explained.
13) Dunno.
14) Never been a strong point.
15) Not necessarily. They didn't say a thing about how James acted until Harry brought it up. Maybe they didn't know much about it, either.

Voldemort and Hagrid are well before the Marauder generation (as it's been called). I don't remember how long ago Molly and Arthur Weasley went to school, but it was near that same time. I'd say Bill would be after the Marauders, probably halfway between them and Harry. That's pretty much all speculation on my part, however.

Solt wrote:Also, how did Neville get the Sword of Gryffindor when Griphook had it?

Did they really have to spend all that time doing NOTHING? That part of the book completely bored me, and if I didn't know that Rowling would probably tell most of the story in the last third of the book, as she usually does, I would have put it down.

And how did Dumbledore defeat the un-defeatable wand?

Durinthal wrote:
Neville got the sword from the Sorting Hat again. Sucks to be the goblins.

I felt that it was a good portrayal of how difficult it was for them. They didn't know where to start, and had to spend time on the run from everyone else while looking for them.

The Elder Wand isn't really unable to be beaten, it just provides a great advantage. Dumbledore was just that much better.
Last edited by Durinthal on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm UTC

Spoilers, Batman! wrote:
Solt wrote:
Also, how did Neville get the Sword of Gryffindor when Griphook had it?

A common (and probably true) theory is that the Sorting Hat has a magical connection to the sword, and that any true Gryffindor can pull it out of the hat at any time of need.
Snape rocked, though I was disappointed that none of his motivations involved, you know, a sense of right and wrong, perhaps? And if he really loved Lily that much, why didn't he just give up the Dark Arts a few years earlier and he could have been with her.

I don't think so. I think she would've still been with James, she just wouldn't have 'severed' (teehee) all her ties with her 'best friend' like she did.
After all the buildup, I think the Deathly Hallows should have played a bigger role in the end. They should have saved Harry instead of some more love crap.

That's what I don't get! What was the point of the Deathly Hallows, if it was just love (the common source of saving through all the books) that saved Harry? Blarg.
Was a mother dying to save her child from Voldemort really all that rare?

I think it's the point that Lily had the choice to live, you know? I can't see Voldemort or any of his followers telling many people to "Stand aside."
And how did Dumbledore defeat the un-defeatable wand?

Dumbledore can do anything! *Grin*
I'm actually trying to figure out why the Elder Wand was Grindelwald's in the first place, if he stole it instead of winning it.
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 pm UTC

Castaway wrote:
I thought that most of this book was disappointing.

16) ????
17) PROFIT!

1. It's war. People die. I'm not sure I understand this complaint.
2. Fair. But what I liked about this series was that things *didn't* just go back to the status quo at the end of each "episode". Things got steadily worse, everything fell apart.
3. The book would've made sense, but they were mostly for explaining dumbledore, and offering a distraction for voldemort. Mostly, they were a red herring.
4. I've managed about two explanations so far. One is as Silverwolfe said: Voldemort ended up hitting the piece of his own soul instead of potter. The second is that Potters Blood and Lily's sacrifice was so powerful it allowed Harry to use Voldemort like a Horcrux. Yes, it worked *better* than a Horcrux, but that's why love beats the dark arts. I think it was a combination of those two, actually.
5. Damned if I know.
6. He's a damn war hero. I'm sure he can get GED or D.R.A.G.O.N. or whatever they'd call it.
7.It worked for me
8. They seemed rushed. It was a rushed time.
9. Not even going to try to explain, suffice to say you're being far too materialistic about it.
10. Not really. The Malfoys, especially Narcissa, had been changing since HBP, probably since GoF. Draco barely changed at all until the end, and only after having his life saved, like, 3 times. Dumbledore was always like that, it was just your view of him that changed, and Neville *grew up*.
11. Dobby died right before a peaceful interlude. Harry *had* more time to devote to his death. Lupin died right in the middle of an ongoing battle where Harry's comrades were dropping like flies.
12. Went back to Hogwarts. He's mentioned in the epilogue.
13. Back to Gringotts, presumably, since he reported the thieves and generally turned coat.
14. Not if you pay attention.
15. I got the feeling that Sirius and Lupin were somewhat ashamed of how they behaved toward Snape, and weren't keen to bring it up.

Castaway wrote:Also, can somebody help me with the ages of people? Hagrid is the same generation as Riddle and therefore Voldemort. Are they older than Lily/James/Sirius/Lupin/Snape? Also, was Bill perhaps in school at the same time as Lily, James, Sirius, Lupin and Snape? I wish I could get an age chart going.

Sure. Hagrid and Riddle were in school fifty years ago, which was *before* Lily/James/Sirius/Lupin/Snape, making them both older. By the time Snape was in school, Riddle was already out in the world assembling his forces, so it had been quite some time since he graduated.

Bill wouldn't have overlapped with the Potter gang and Snape, he probably graduated just as Fred and George were signing up, which was well after the Potters had died.

So it went:

-Hagrid/Riddle
-Lily/James/Sirius/Lupin/Pettigrew/Snape
-Charlie
-Bill (Charlie and Bill may be reversed, I can never remember which was older)
-Fred and George
-Harry/Ron/Hermione/Luna/Neville
-Ginny

Solt wrote:Was a mother dying to save her child from Voldemort really all that rare?

Rowling has said that it was pretty much unprecedented for a mother to be offered the choice, explicitly, to save herself, and to choose to take a killing curse for her child instead. I also get the feeling that voldemort didn't go about killing children very often. It's not terribly his style.

Solt wrote:And how did Dumbledore defeat the un-defeatable wand?

Dumbledore said himself that the legends about it were overblown. It wasn't made by Death Himself, nor was it unbeatable. It was just a *really good* wand, made by one of the gifted Peverell brothers
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:46 pm UTC

Ok, every single post on this page has included a spoiler except for two short posts. I'm dropping the spoiler protection, and we should just alter the thread title.

I hated how everyone was the same age, it just seemed so... artificial.

The problem with Rowling's writing as I see it: in such a complex story you must remember a lot of things - just hold a lot of stuff in your head simultaneously. And she is not able to do it. It is common problem with such big series - they are never consistent. But Rowling's writing are much more inconsistent then Tolkien's for example, because she can remember less.
Very much agreed. Another problem of Rowling's is that her pacing is uneven; there will be pages of very little happening, and then something very important will occur in one sentence. If you weren't methodically plowing through every line, you might miss it.
I mostly post over at LessWrong now.

Avatar from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, owned by Hasbro.

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:48 pm UTC

Ok, every single post on this page has included a spoiler except for two short posts. I'm dropping the spoiler protection, and we should just alter the thread title.

All kindof irrelevant, since there weren't any spoilers in anything you said.

They/them

Easton

Postby Easton » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:26 pm UTC

So V never actually had the Elder Wand? Ever?

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:29 pm UTC

Easton wrote:So V never actually had the Elder Wand? Ever?

He possessed it physically, but he was never its master.

Vaniver

Postby Vaniver » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:37 pm UTC

All kindof irrelevant, since there weren't any spoilers in anything you said.
I thought I was going to write more than I did.
I mostly post over at LessWrong now.

Avatar from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, owned by Hasbro.

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:37 pm UTC

For reference, Vaniver doesn't make policy. Spoiler tags should still surround spoilers.

They/them

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:48 pm UTC

Jesster wrote:

He possessed it physically, but he was never its master.

SPOILER wrote:Right. V stole it from Dumbledore after Dumbledore died, so it never would really work for him. The only way the Elder Wand would work is if the new owner defeats the previous in a duel or contest. Dumbledore acquired it from Grendelwald because they fought, and Dumbledore won. If V and Dumbledore had fought, and V won, he would have been able to obtain the Elder Wand, and he would have been able to use it properly. It also has something to do with what Ollivander had said: "The wand chooses the wizard." This may be why the only way you can acquire it is if you defeat it, IIRC.
PRG

An important message for you:

Easton

Postby Easton » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC

Sorry, it seemed pretty self evident that a Harry Potter thread would contain spoilers at this late date.

Continuing question...
I still don't follow. Dumbledore had the Elder Wand, and Draco took it from him on the Astronomy Tower. Harry then took it from Draco at the Malfoy Manor. How could the Wand ever have been in Dumbledore's tomb to be taken by Voldemort?

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:51 pm UTC

Easton wrote:Continuing question...
I still don't follow. Dumbledore had the Elder Wand, and Draco took it from him on the Astronomy Tower. Harry then took it from Draco at the Malfoy Manor. How could the Wand ever have been in Dumbledore's tomb to be taken by Voldemort?

No, no, no. Dumbledore had the Elder Wand, yes. Draco took it from him, yes. However, it stayed laying on the floor, and Draco kept his wand. Thus, the wand was buried with Dumbledore and Voldemort took it from his tomb. Harry took Draco's original wand at the manor, leaving Draco with neither his wand nor the Elder Wand.

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:55 pm UTC

thefiddler wrote:
Easton wrote:Continuing question...

No, no, no. Dumbledore had the Elder Wand, yes. Draco took it from him, yes. However, it stayed laying on the floor, and Draco kept his wand. Thus, the wand was buried with Dumbledore and Voldemort took it from his tomb. Harry took Draco's original wand at the manor, leaving Draco with neither his wand nor the Elder Wand.

Which is why there was that "Do you feel lucky, punk?" moment during the confrontation between Voldy and Harry, where Harry mentioned something like "I'm holding Draco's wand. The question is, does the Elder Wand realize that its previous master has been beaten. If so, then I'm the true master of the wand in your hand."

They/them

Durinthal

Postby Durinthal » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:05 pm UTC

Belial wrote:Which is why there was that "Do you feel lucky, punk?" moment

Reminds me of a humorous and succinct version of the book:

Code: Select all

SPOILERS AT THIS LINK:
http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com/2007/07/potterdammerung-mega-spoilers.html

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:18 pm UTC

BRILLIANT

They/them

Easton

Postby Easton » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 pm UTC

Aha!

That clears so much up. Thanks!

Edit: The summary is comprised of vast quantities of win.

kcr

Postby kcr » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:27 pm UTC

Castaway wrote:

1. Well, it was a war. Killing lots and lots of people was necessary to show that it was serious, Voldemort wasn't kidding around, and there was a war going on.
5. I wondered this myself. That would've been pretty awesome.
6. Everyone in the trio's year got screwed over with 7th year, but I think in Ron's case especially, there would be exceptions. He helped kill Voldemort. Or if all else fails, he'll just go run the joke shop with George.
7./8. Putting these together because I think they're connected.. the epilogue was cheesy, but it was a happy ending and it needed some amount of cheese. I liked it, personally. And the romances being naive, they were teenagers. They aren't going to be relationship experts.
10. We've seen for a while that Neville is capable of complete win. To me, his book 7 greatness was kind of an extension of how he could have been the one Voldemort picked. Dumbledore, no one is perfect. Malfoys, ok, I have nothing to say for Lucius because I was convinced he was a huge dick. But when it came down to it, to him and Narcissa, their son was more important. I don't think that's unreasonable.
11. Probably because Lupin was killed in battle. They couldn't afford to stop and feel sad, and so JKR didn't write it that way.

She's going to write an encyclopedia.
Cool.
(no spoilers in the article)

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 pm UTC

About the epilogue:

The more I think about it (and the more reviews I read, here's looking at you, slate book club), the epilogue actually *does* irritate me. It's like....you killed the dark lord, and now the only thing worth mentioning about you is your damn kids and who you married. Why don't we hear about the other member of the Order? Does George stay in the joke shop, or does he give it up, unable to cope with the memories of his lost brother? What the hell happens to Luna? McGonagall? Percy? And what about the central characters they *did* mention? What do they *do*? Did Harry ever become an Auror? Is Hermione the minister of Magic now?

No, instead, we just get a little scene that's an excuse to list off who amongst the central characters predictably married whom, and what they named their kids. BLEH.

They/them

umbrae

Postby umbrae » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:50 pm UTC

What the fuck was with that skinless baby in the dream/death/kings cross station scene?

Memo

Postby Memo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:54 pm UTC

umbrae wrote:
What the fuck was with that skinless baby in the dream/death/kings cross station scene?

That baby represented the part of Voldemort's soul that was inside Harry

Belial

Postby Belial » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:58 pm UTC

Memo wrote:
umbrae wrote:

That baby represented the part of Voldemort's soul that was inside Harry

I actually figured it was all that was left of Voldemort's larger soul. I base this on the fact that Voldemort lost consciousness at the same time as Harry did, and assumed they went to the same place.

So little of Voldy's soul was left after the destruction of seven horcruxes that he manifested as a horrible skinned baby.

They/them

Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants

Postby Castaway » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:41 am UTC

love story wrote:When I said that the love was naive and immature, i meant that for 17 year old kids who have been through countless life and death experiences, you'd think they could at least talk to members of the opposite sex without being completely retarded. I understand that she is trying to make them attractive to a younger audience, I just didnt think it was realistic.

character changes wrote:Since the characters are real, they did change. Dumbledore wasnt always like that, because he didn't exist before Rowling wrote him that way.
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat

GhostWolfe

Postby GhostWolfe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:44 am UTC

Spoiler Protection wrote:Actually, that was my most burning question at the end. After everything was wrapped all neat and tidy like (kudos), I really really wanted to know if George kept their joke shop? Did it become even more successful? How did he honor his brother as the co-creator of all the joke products? Or maybe, did he give it up because it simply wasn't the same? The jokes not as good without Fred?
Linguistic Anarchist

functionally_stupid

Postby functionally_stupid » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:11 am UTC

Belial wrote:
I actually figured it was all that was left of Voldemort's larger soul. I base this on the fact that Voldemort lost consciousness at the same time as Harry did, and assumed they went to the same place.

So little of Voldy's soul was left after the destruction of seven horcruxes that he manifested as a horrible skinned baby.

I read that as being Harry's soul, actually. Like, what's left of him after the Voldy-half got forcibly removed. To me, the horrific state of the child signified the body and the world of pain that he chose to return to.

GhostWolfe

Postby GhostWolfe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 am UTC

Spoiler wrote:I just thought it was an abandoned baby... as in there just happened to be a baby tortured and abandoned at Kings Cross at the exacty same moment as Harry "died" and his sould went there.

Belial's theory is much more insightful. I'm going to go with that. It also works well with my theory.
Linguistic Anarchist

Belial

Postby Belial » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:22 am UTC

I'm actually going to lock this thread now, and punt all further discussion over to the other thread.

All discussion continues here

They/them

Return to “Books”