ISBN number for a comic book

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

senzation

ISBN number for a comic book

Postby senzation » Tue May 19, 2015 8:13 pm UTC

So, I just drew my first comic book. My uni in London will only stock the first issue of my comic book if I have an ISBN number for it. How do I get one? is it very expensive? My friend recommended me to contact this site and they can help me with the registration - . Are these sites legitimate places where one can register a number

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: ISBN number for a comic book

Postby ConMan » Tue May 19, 2015 11:41 pm UTC

According to Google and Wikipedia, the ISBNs in the UK are issued by Nielsen Holdings, and they allocate the numbers to new publishers in groups of 10, 100 or 1000 at a time (I assume that for bigger and more established publishers there's some other kind of deal). It costs £144 for 10 ISBNs, and I don't know if there are any additional conditions on them. I'm assuming that the point is that you're self-publishing, otherwise you'd get your book's ISBN from whatever publisher you were going through.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Return to “Books”