Music Playing, Recording & Listening Gear

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

hopesdead

Music Playing, Recording & Listening Gear

Postby hopesdead » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm UTC

Since I couldn't find a topic I thought I'd start one.

What are the stuff you use to play music, record music and listen to music? Post links and pictures (if applicable) . If you are one of those audiophiles who cares so much about sound that picking between a portable music player that uses a harddrive and a flashdrive matter then do post what device you own.

I own an Epiphone Special II. However, mine has gold platting not silver as you see in this picture.

For listening to music I use Skullcandy Hesh. I got it for Christmas. A few of my friends were using during class the other day and they loved it. By the way if you are one of those that dislikes Skullcandy, well yeah I did want this for the style mostly but after having a pair of earbuds, I thought the quality was amazing. The best part is if you want good quality and style the Hesh sell for a cheap $50. Hearing The Beatles remastered with these headphones is amazing (oh and so is Rush according to a friend).
How could you possibly think typing "import skynet" was a good thing?

1337geek

Re: Music Playing, Recording & Listening Gear

Postby 1337geek » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:31 pm UTC

My keyboard is a Casio WK-1600.

http://www.orientalnet.com/images/annon ... 090523.jpg

My headphones are a $30 pair of Sennheisers from Walmart. They're actually pretty good (for the price, anyway).
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

hopesdead

Postby hopesdead » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm UTC

My last pari fo headphones was a Sennheisers but they were a 20 year old hand-me-down from an uncle so I as a present two years ago. So I decided to upgrade. Yeah they are good stuff though.
How could you possibly think typing "import skynet" was a good thing?

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm UTC

Recording I have an mbox. for whole-band or drum situations, I use an output from a Phonic 620 mixer. Goes straight to pro tools.
My primary instrument is bass and I have a '72 Les Paul Triumph that's one of the most gorgeous instruments I've ever seen.
I have a pair of $25-after-rebate Sony headphones that kick surprising amounts of ass and outperform the $70 audio-technica ATH-M30s that I had--and I've put the sony set through a more rigorous trial by fire (read: playing every genre of music at max volume whilst playing the drums). No distortion, nothing broken yet. They're solid as a rock.

One day I'll put links to all that shit.
uhhhh fuck.

ChocloManx

Postby ChocloManx » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 pm UTC

To play I use an Epi G400 (sg)
To record I use this (it has a mic and records cassettes) Image
To listen I use a pretty lame set of Genius speakers+subwoofer or a pair of Samson headphones.
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
-Ambrose Bierce

"My God, all the matter in the universe has just rapidly expanded outward, in some sort of bang."

Return to “Music”