Harmonica players unite?

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

KnightExemplar

Harmonica players unite?

Postby KnightExemplar » Fri May 06, 2016 8:34 pm UTC

I'm basically a beginner-level musician who played Trumpet in grade school (so I can read music... at least the Treble Clef, but don't have much in the way of classical training) And of course, almost every musical child has at least one point in their life licked a Harmonica.

A few years ago, I learned about Wammer Jammer and was utterly memorized. I didn't realize the Harmonica had such flexibility.

So now I'm off to practicing the bends, overblows and so forth. And now I can play "Mary had a little lamb". Hell yeah. Oh, and the Harmonica part to "Piano Man". That's... popular. And easy. Woot woot. Any Harp players / mouth organ players out there? What inspires you to play?

Chromatic, Diatonic, Tromelo, whatever. Although my interest is primarily in the "basic" 10-hole Diatonic stuff.... the chromatic harmonica is still definitely impressive.
First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

somitomi

Re: Harmonica players unite?

Postby somitomi » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:41 am UTC

Maybe I should really buy a harmonica. I've been thinking about it sometimes, but I usually come to the conclusion, that I haven't taught myself to play guitar yet, so I shouldn't start off learning a fourth instrument.
"It's like he's his own alt account. Saves all the logging in and out."/poxic
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

Return to “Music”