Bad Movies You Love

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

alice.nell

Re: Bad Movies You Love

Postby alice.nell » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:04 pm UTC

Brazil

most rediculous twisted film ever, but sooo great.
oh my god! that man is on fire! quick! someone stab him out!!

I could play sports, but I'd rather build a robot to do that for me.

someguy

Postby someguy » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:37 pm UTC

Spirit of '76

A group of future folks decide they need a copy of the U.S. Constitution, so they plan to travel back in time to 1776. Of course there's a blunder which sends Adam-11 (David Cassidy), Chanel-6 (Olivia d'Abo) and Heinz-57 (Geoff Hoyle) to 1976 by mistake. Somehow under the assumption that they're in a utopian society, the trio of visitors head out to acquire the knowledge they need to save their future.

Think Dazed & Confused on bad acid (?). Seriously bad acid.
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

timt

Postby timt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 am UTC

"hackers" is a laughably terrible movie that i love to hate :) I love Brazil as well but i don't think it's actually a bad movie, the twisted sense of reality is to close to home for many people.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:22 pm UTC

I just saw the Super Mario Bros movie and loved it.

mspickle

Postby mspickle » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:36 pm UTC

WATERWORLD!!!!! Definitely!
Despite the fact that they can purify urine but can't make scuba gear.

I can't resist a man with gills.

Teknobo

Postby Teknobo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

Just off the top of my head:

- Hostel - I haven't seen the sequel yet, but I remember seeing this with a friend and laughing at the film from start to finish. Some people call me twisted for that, but the movie really is godawful.
- Labyrinth - For fantastic times with the 80's, Jim Henson, and David Bowie, watch this movie.
- Pootie Tang- I've sat through this film probably about seven or eight times, and I still laugh at it. There's a scene where Chris Rock is an ear of corn! What's not funny about that?

More to come as soon as I dig through my movie collection.

socynicalsohip

Postby socynicalsohip » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

Russkies I found quite touching...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093898/plotsummary
It's ok I wasn't using my civil liberties anyhow...

Subscribe to my Choon-cast at http://whoheshouldbe.libsyn.com/rss

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:11 am UTC

Teknobo wrote:Labyrinth - For fantastic times with the 80's, Jim Henson, and David Bowie, watch this movie.

I'm sorry, you appear to be lost. Let me just direct you towards the "awesomest movies ever made" thread where Labyrinth is enshrined right next to The Fifth Element. :D

/angell
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 am UTC

Probably nobody's ever heard of these movies: Laserhawk and The Insatiable. I wouldn't say I love the second one, but it was surprisingly good.

Also, who keeps saying Waterworld sucks? That movie was awesome! I keep hoping somebody will to make a low-budget sequel about the Mariner's daughter, but it never happens.

Oh yeah, and Underdog: The Movie. And in the same vein: Inspector Gadget (but not the sequel, because that makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs.)
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:22 am UTC

Snakes on a Train. Way better than Snakes on a Plane could have even hoped to be.

1hitcombo

Postby 1hitcombo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:45 pm UTC

Armageddon and Independence Day

Gotta love movies about the world uniting to fight off impending doom.

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:23 pm UTC

R1Budha wrote:ZARDOZ!!!!!!!!!

(Sean Connery in some weird ass thong thing.... ewwwww)

The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill!

Image deleted for the safety of others
Oh. GOD! WTFWTFWTF?!?! That's just... ew. I knew Connery had done some bad films, but I'd never heard of this one. Thankfully.
R1Budha wrote:And Boondock Saints, which apparently is a bad movie although i think it kicks ass.

Uhm... please refer to The Fifth Element and Labyrinth mentioned previously. This is a freaking masterpiece. (Other than Willem Dafoe in drag, he really doesn't have the legs for it.)

I'm tempted to say Highlander. I think it was a basically bad movie that really worked, but it's hard to say it's actually a bad movie. What does support calling it bad is the two TV series and five (?) sequels, all of which are such utter tripe that it hurts.

I need to rent Labyrinth, I haven't seen it in decades.
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

SomeoneElse

Postby SomeoneElse » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:46 pm UTC

Funny - a lot of the movies mentioned here are really not bad. Clerks 2, Mallrats, The Breakfast Club, BASEketball - all geniuinely great movies.

Now, Plan 9 - that IS a bad movie. And Snakes on a Plane too, which is little more than a bad movie at its heart.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

Signs!
If you didn't spend this movie rolling around in your chair trying not to pee yourself laughing, you missed the point.

The first time I watched signs I though "Meh, it was a fairly decent horror/aliens flick, good popcorn fair at least'
the second time "Good lord, how could I have missed how unintentionally hilarious this film is?"
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Sandals

Postby Sandals » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:19 pm UTC

i think i'm gonna get stoned to death here, but i own Batman and Robin and don't hate it... Plus the odd numbered Star Trek films are pretty good too (including Insurrection).

i'm agreeing with the majority on these, 5th Element was great, but I want to pick up on one that was mentioned before but seemingly ignored:

Orgazmo!!!!

Almost everything done by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (including BASEketball) is awesome - never gets as much attention as South Park or Team America though
Benfrenchman wrote:*I'm not sure why I used rad here... unless.... *checks clock* No, wait, it's not 1997. I guess I'm just an idiot.

podbaydoor wrote:Oral Sex might be the shortstop position.

LoonRadio

Postby LoonRadio » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 pm UTC

Sandals wrote:Almost everything done by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (including BASEketball) is awesome - never gets as much attention as South Park or Team America though

Don't forget Cannibal! The Musical
You know what's worse than raining cats and dogs?
Hailing taxicabs.

Malice

Postby Malice » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:59 am UTC

Sandals wrote:i think i'm gonna get stoned to death here, but i own Batman and Robin and don't hate it... Plus the odd numbered Star Trek films are pretty good too (including Insurrection).

i'm agreeing with the majority on these, 5th Element was great...

Batman and Robin is a very, very good movie... if you go into it accepting that they were trying to make a very campy, silly, exaggerated Batman movie ala the Adam West version. If you look at it and go, "If I were trying to make this movie sillier and more campy, what would I do?" you reach the conclusion that the movie is a flawless, absurd roller-coaster.

The 5th Element was a steaming pile of nonsense. It's only real redeeming features are Chris Tucker's scenery-chewing performance and the several examples of good cross-cutting editing technique (which has admittedly been done better elsewhere, perhaps, oddly enough, by "Watchmen", which isn't a movie at all yet). Its story has so many holes you could use it to drain pasta, its imagined future is hampered by odd limitations (flying cars, woo!...which still travel in two dimensions. what) (and it shows its unconventional world in a disappointingly conventional way), it marries a semi-interesting (if incoherent) sci-fi story to a dimwitted Bruce Willis action film (see The Matrix or Dark City for examples of how to genrebend properly with science fiction), it spends the whole movie going for dumb laughs and sex appeal only to demand poignancy at the end on the basis of unearned dramatic change.... Need I go on?

I enjoyed it, because it does that, but I dislike it and I think it's a textbook example of big-budget schlock.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:53 am UTC

Mars Attacks!

Cyy

Postby Cyy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:16 am UTC

Amarantha wrote:Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks isn't bad. It' s meant to be an homage to cheesy 50's alien flicks. I thought it did that quite well. Although this is coming from a Tim Burton fan.
My DeviantART: http://symptomz.deviantart.com/

"To me, psychology is like picking up grains of sand at the beach with tweezers and a magnifying glass, and forgetting to look at the ocean" -- Marc Johnson

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:51 am UTC

Cyy wrote:It' s meant to be an homage to cheesy 50's alien flicks.

Which are bad :P

But ya, I agree, it's not all that bad. And I do love it. It's just the "worst" movie I could think of at the time that I like. And I was drnuk :mrgreen: Or I might not have posted at all, like the first few times I visited this thread.

Malice

Postby Malice » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:45 am UTC

Cyy wrote:
Amarantha wrote:Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks isn't bad. It' s meant to be an homage to cheesy 50's alien flicks. I thought it did that quite well. Although this is coming from a Tim Burton fan.

Just because it's intentionally bad doesn't mean it's not bad. Mars Attacks didn't say anything about the cheesy 50's alien flicks. It just was one. That makes it bad.

Vanguard

Re:

Postby Vanguard » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:28 pm UTC

I actually liked "fifth Element" myself, I didn't know people thought it was aweful.

Slice84

Postby Slice84 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 am UTC

My favorite bad horror movie of all time is "House." Absolutely HILARIOUS.

Versus - hilarious japanese "horror" flick involving a forest where the dead come back to life, most ridiculous action scenes ever.

And really, the epitome of bad/GREAT moviemaking... Troma anyone? Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'em High, Tromeo and Juliet... so many more...

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:45 pm UTC

I stand by my opinion that Versus is a great film, and one of Ryuhei Kitamura's best. Not naming the characters is a great thing to do, and the ending was brilliant, even if it had cheesy effects.

Jodz06

Postby Jodz06 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:30 am UTC

I have everyone beat! I love all Dominique Swain movies, including, but not limited to:

Tart
Intern
Happy Campers

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 am UTC

I love Blazing Saddles,

Its a great movie, but its horrible at the same time.
*waggles eyebrows*

cyberdeftly

Postby cyberdeftly » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 am UTC

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

I doubt this has been mentioned and I am far too tired to go check. This is an excellent bad movie as it was made to BE bad. It's really quite brilliant and if you get the dvd it has an awesome commentary track. Unfortunately the film loses steam about half way through and becomes unwatchable.

Also, I agree if anyone put down the Evil Dead series including Army of Darkness

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:31 am UTC

I still love Good Burger.

Zak

Postby Zak » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 am UTC

Clumpy wrote:I still love Good Burger.

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can i take your order?"

Love it.
*waggles eyebrows*

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:27 am UTC

Wait a minute, how on earth have I been ignoring the low-budget kung-fu genre?

Best one I've seen has to be Robo Vampire. See, it's got a robot. And a vampire. But no robo-vampire. Strange? How about that the vampires hop, can be tranquilized with heroin (but be sure not to mix it up with rice powder, because that pisses them off), and come in a convenient bottled format? Also classic: the slowest chase scene ever. Imagine, if you will, a 1950's "I can only take clanky steps once ever two seconds or so" robot chasing a "hop, breathe, hop, breathe, hop, breathe" vampire across a bridge. Eventually, the vampire gains a lead by actually lying down and rolling.

Epic hilarity.
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:18 pm UTC

cyberdeftly wrote:The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

I doubt this has been mentioned and I am far too tired to go check. This is an excellent bad movie as it was made to BE bad. It's really quite brilliant and if you get the dvd it has an awesome commentary track. Unfortunately the film loses steam about half way through and becomes unwatchable.

The hell are you talking about? The mutant vs. the skeleton was the highlight of the film!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

"October 22nd". We got it at Rite Aid for 10 bucks [no wonder..] and it was AWFUL but really funny.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:46 am UTC

Narsil wrote:The Brain That Wouldn't Die

God damn this is a brilliant movie. (To save my cred I would like everyone to know I saw this waaay before I knew it had been MST3K'd.

It's about a mad scientist keeping alive a woman's head through use of...I think they actually call it "Brain Serum". Meanwhile, the mad scientist is also creating a giant horrible monster he keeps in the closet (the woman, once another body is found, will be a mate for it), and the woman suddenly develops telepathy and forms a bond with the creature.

I mean, I never thought it was a bad movie when I saw it. I enjoyed the hell out of this film.

AHHH!!! I also saw this long before I knew it was on MST3K! I actually have a t-shirt of it. It has to be the all-time best worst movie. I can quote entire scenes, and sometimes I secretly wish they would make a remake and I could play the head.

And now I've completely embarrassed myself.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:23 am UTC

the best part about the brain that wouldn't die is at the start, you know, the screen is black and it says "THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE" and then it goes over the opening credits.. and at the end of the opening credits it 'repeats' and says "THE HEAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE"
uhhhh fuck.

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:59 pm UTC

COSMOS: Attack of the Planets
Santa Claus Conquers the Matians
The Thing [the original]
The Fog [The Original]

...The Creature of Boggy Creek is also classic in terms of sheer horribleness.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

Waterworld.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Chevon

Re:

Postby Chevon » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:24 am UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:Kung Pow!: Enter the Fist

"My Nipples look like Milk Duds"

Good, but cannot compare to MORTAL KOMBAT. I couldn't watch Braveheart after that.

Hica

Postby Hica » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:17 pm UTC

Dead Alive is perfect for this category. It's a complete gorefest from beginning to end, with some humor added in.

Whispering

Postby Whispering » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:58 am UTC

*sigh* Anything that stars Steven Seagal. I know he's a horrible actor and his movies suck but I like them for some reason.
Kendo_Bunny wrote:The only thoughts you don’t tell him are the ones where you want to ride that sparkly ass like Seabiscuit.

Adonis1x23

Postby Adonis1x23 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:18 am UTC

Several words;

Baseketball and Cannibals the Musical and South Park:Bigger, Longer and Uncut

Three of the best/worst movies of all time.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”