The Great Recommendation Thread (Movie, TV, Anime, Cartoon)

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: The Great Recommendation Thread (Movie, TV, Anime, Cartoon)

Postby poxic » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:24 am UTC

On the internet, no one knows you're not a troll! Or something like that. I don't meme good.
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up i am with this.
- Tomlidich the second

trpmb6

Postby trpmb6 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

I go through these phases in life where I start to think about reliving things I enjoyed in the past. One is re-reading the sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind every couple of years. Usually this is due to an absence of any good things to read at the time. Lately Goodkind has been releasing a new book every year so I haven't been extremely disappointed in this realm.

Lately I've been having a craving for a good sci-fy show. Nothing is really peaking my interest right now.

Someone convince me against binge watching some Stargate SG1, followed by Atlantis followed by Universe. I honestly don't have the time to dedicate to that kind of binge watching and I'm one of those people who will sit down to watch one episode at 9pm and then all of a sudden it's 6am and time to go to work.

So in that spirit; are there any good sci fy shows going right now that are worth their salt that I for some reason haven't heard of? Bonus points if you can get my wife on board (Good luck with that, she'd be perfectly happy watching her pretty little liars crap).

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 pm UTC

Charlie Jade? South African series or mini series - only one season. It's not current but you won't have to spend that long binge watching.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

seagotry

Re: The Great Recommendation Thread (Movie, TV, Anime, Carto

Postby seagotry » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:02 am UTC

modularblues wrote:Planet Earth: The Complete Series (BBC production) Stunning footages of nature. And awesome soundtrack to boot. Currently watching the whole thing on DVD.

Couldn't agree more. It's also one of my best documentary series I've ever seen and the narration by David Attenborough is just the best. I think they also released a sequel Planet Earth II. But it's only 6 episodes.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”