Silent Hill Movie (split from TMNT)

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:39 pm UTC

I was going to see it yesterday, but I ran out of time before I had to go to work. So my friend brandon bought Silent Hill and we watched that. Man, what a crappy crappy ending.

Anyway, I cannot wait to see this movie!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:45 pm UTC

I was going to see it yesterday, but I ran out of time before I had to go to work. So my friend brandon bought Silent Hill and we watched that. Man, what a crappy crappy ending.

"I can't properly explicate my plot, so why don't we just fade to white, and have Samael (the goddamn devil) explain everything that's been going on in a 10 minute monologue, and then we can just cut to some chick being tentacle-raped by barbed wire and call it a day"

I love the silent hill games, and I thought a lot of the early scenes in the movie captured a lot of the mood of the games, but the entire last half hour was absolute crap.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:51 pm UTC

Belial wrote:

"I can't properly explicate my plot, so why don't we just fade to white, and have Samael (the goddamn devil) explain everything that's been going on in a 10 minute monologue, and then we can just cut to some chick being tentacle-raped by barbed wire and call it a day"

I love the silent hill games, and I thought a lot of the early scenes in the movie captured a lot of the mood of the games, but the entire last half hour was absolute crap.

Seriously, what a freaking cop-out.

Spoiler wrote: Specifically, the very last scene with the dead in the "living" world and Rose and Sharon in the "dead" world (I suppose, its horribly unclear) was extra-super-crappy.

What the hell was that even about?

TMNT: I hear michelangelo is a professional partier! This makes me excited at the possibility.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:51 pm UTC

Belial wrote:

Seconded. This isn't really a spoiler so I'm not going to bother whiting it out, but when she's looking for a map or key or something in the hotel lobby and she opens the cupboard and finds on I was half expecting there to be a
(!) You have aquired 1 KEY
come on the screen.
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:56 pm UTC

Seriously, what a freaking cop-out. Specifically, the very last scene

Spoiler wrote: with the dead in the "living" world and Rose and Sharon in the "dead" world (I suppose, its horribly unclear) was extra-super-crappy.

What the hell was that even about?

Spoiler wrote:Yeah, near as I can figure, it was basically saying they were lost in the mist forever, but they never really explained why, or offered enough to let you figure it out...

So...yeah. Total crap.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm UTC

silent hill was the first movie i saw with my ex (well, thankyou for smoking was, but we werent dating then) because she wanted to... i didnt think the movie was that great, but i guess she got pretty excited about it (that female cop made her pretty horny, did i mention shes bi?)... and she was all "aww the ending was so saaaad"...

bleh... the games sucked too..

cept that guy...

WHATRYA BUYIN?

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:31 pm UTC

I loved the games, got the movie sat here on my shelf but haven't watched it yet. It's been sat there for a few months now.

Felgraf

Postby Felgraf » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:50 pm UTC

Rat wrote:bleh... the games sucked too..

cept that guy...

WHATRYA BUYIN?

Er, that guy is from Resident Evil 4. Not Silent Hill.
"What can the harvest hope for, but for the care of the reaper man?" -Death, from Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:02 pm UTC

Felgraf wrote:
Rat wrote:bleh... the games sucked too..

cept that guy...

WHATRYA BUYIN?

Er, that guy is from Resident Evil 4. Not Silent Hill.

oh see, that makes silent hill even WORSE

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:39 pm UTC

Gordon wrote:
Belial wrote:

Seconded. This isn't really a spoiler so I'm not going to bother whiting it out, but when she's looking for a map or key or something in the hotel lobby and she opens the cupboard and finds on I was half expecting there to be a
(!) You have aquired 1 KEY
come on the screen.

Haha, exactly! When Rose put the knife in her boot, brandon actually said "You have found (1) bowie knife!"

And I expected something very similar to what you said. I was waiting for a voice-over when she got to that door saying, "Looks like an old rusty key would fit this door."

God, so horrible.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”