Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

trickster721
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:26 am UTC

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby trickster721 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 pm UTC

Children of Men - The bit where they carry the baby out into the street, and people start to fall their knees.
Crash - This movie has reached cheesy emotional exploitation perfection. There's no need to try anymore.
American Beauty - "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it".
Brokeback Mountain - Jack's mother and her damn paper bag.
Titanic - Actually a really good movie, when there isn't somebody screaming in your ear about it being an abomination or the second coming.

It seems to take a mixture of different kinds of emotions to really get me. If somebody kills themselves because their puppy died in a fire, that's just like, whatever.

If there was ever an argument for the existence of real vulgarity, for a perspective so soulless that it can't be redeemed by artistry, it's Requiem for a Dream. Absolute pornography.

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11262
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

trickster721 wrote:Crash - This movie has reached cheesy emotional exploitation perfection. There's no need to try anymore.

I keep forgetting "Crash" is a different movie in the states... I was going to say "You are a sick, sick person...."

User avatar
Izawwlgood
WINNING
Posts: 18686
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:55 pm UTC
Location: There may be lovelier lovelies...

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby Izawwlgood » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

The David Kroenenberg one was phenomenal. But none of his movies are really tear jerkers. More like "What the fuck, and why does my sense of normalcy feel violated?"
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8175
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby Zohar » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:47 pm UTC

Saw Grave of the Fireflies today. Amongst the most depressing films I've seen. Really good, too. :-)

I think the closest I got to actually crying in a movie has been in Dancing in the Dark.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Malice
Posts: 3894
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:37 am UTC
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby Malice » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:55 am UTC

trickster721 wrote:If there was ever an argument for the existence of real vulgarity, for a perspective so soulless that it can't be redeemed by artistry, it's Requiem for a Dream. Absolute pornography.


Uhh... what? Care to explain why you think that?
Image

trickster721
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:26 am UTC

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby trickster721 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:00 am UTC

Malice wrote:
trickster721 wrote:If there was ever an argument for the existence of real vulgarity, for a perspective so soulless that it can't be redeemed by artistry, it's Requiem for a Dream. Absolute pornography.

Uhh... what? Care to explain why you think that?

I don't see what's to explain. It's a film about cartoonishly gruesome things happening to people as punishment for being addicted to drugs. The story has no purpose but to allow a very unpleasant author to create characters that mirror himself and drop anvils on them. It's the artistic equivalent of setting neighborhood pets on fire.

Masuri
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm UTC

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby Masuri » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:38 am UTC

trickster721 just summed up why I never watch sad movies. I know that it's going to be a misery sandwich with a side of despair. Why set yourself up for that?

That said, I'm going to have to watch Atonement. James McAvoy is deliciously watchable and the cinematography looks incredible.

darwinwins
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am UTC
Location: the bible belt (of death)
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby darwinwins » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:24 pm UTC

breakfast at tiffany's gets to me at the end. plus the cat makes it an awesome ending. depressing and happy mixed into one. two whores find love. aww, right? bittersweet, really.

the luck of the fryish is definitely one of the most moving episodes of any show out there.

reboot made me mist up when bob finally returns to dot matrix. there's a show that was actually epic.

the fountain and the children of men both had emotional punches that i didn't see coming.

the ending of howl's moving castle when she realizes howl knew who she was all along and in spirited away when the water spirit finally discovers his name. those two scenes are downright brutal on a personal level.

great expectations doesn't make me tear-up per se, but the whole artist who shunned his craft to realizing you never really lose it despite the abuse of it resonates pretty heavily throughout the whole damn thing.

the end of harry potter 4 when cedric bites it had me misting up a bit when the father goes to grab at his son's corpse.
"if you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. that's the world of hicks and slobs. " - haruki murakami

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Tear-jerkers

Postby Rodan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:34 am UTC

Masuri wrote:trickster721 just summed up why I never watch sad movies. I know that it's going to be a misery sandwich with a side of despair. Why set yourself up for that?

Because there's nothing quite like being moved by a really good movie.

EDIT: I just realized what I did there.

User avatar
Freakish
Posts: 909
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:47 am UTC
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby Freakish » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:52 am UTC

I've never personally cried during a movie or TV episode, but I've come to the point that even while holding it in; a few tears come out but other then that I'm stone. I find it some what odd that I'm able to completely detach myself from real life scenarios but feel emotions for fictional characters.

Scenes that have made me almost cry from highest to lowest:

1. Furturama: Fry's Dog - Possibly one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
2. I Am Legend: Will Smith has to kill his dog
3. Stranger Then Fiction: When he nearly dies - Not really sure why I felt sad about this one.
4. Click: When everything is going to shit

That's all I can currently think of. I'm really not sure how many people this happens to.
Freakish Inc. We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population

++$_
Mo' Money
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am UTC

Re: Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby ++$_ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:30 am UTC

No TV shows or movies on my list, since I don't watch many, and the few I have watched I just don't care about enough. The closest anything has gotten (and it's a long way away) is The Hunt for Red October: "I would like to have seen Montana."

However, there is one piece of music that does make me cry (every time I listen to it): John McCormack's recording of "She is Far from the Land."

User avatar
ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am UTC
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Contact:

Re: Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby ThorFluff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 am UTC

Peach Girl, an old anime series, not even a big animé fan. *Hides face in shame*
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.


krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

User avatar
Morphing Ball
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:10 am UTC
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby Morphing Ball » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:53 am UTC

Nothing. Ever. So there.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5161
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby Felstaff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 am UTC

The Lion King, just before Elton John & the lion-sex.
Fry's Dog
The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix
Armageddon? Michael Bay? How?
The ominous, climactic solo on the November Rain video.
Celebratory Ewoks
"Noooooo!" Compilation video.
Anything by McG.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Solt
Posts: 1912
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby Solt » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 am UTC

I get teary eyed in every emotionally heavy scene in any non-comedy movie or tv show. Sad, I know. I've got enough empathy to make two doctors and then some. However, only the best (worst?) scenes manage to make tears actually come out, which is somewhat rare.

By contrast, I've only teared up in response to someone else's emotions once in real life. Obviously discounting times I cried as a kid when someone was angry at me or something.
"Welding was faster, cheaper and, in theory,
produced a more reliable product. But sailors do
not float on theory, and the welded tankers had a
most annoying habit of splitting in two."
-J.W. Morris

Robin S
Posts: 3579
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:02 pm UTC
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Fictional Tears: Movies, and TV Episodes that made you cry

Postby Robin S » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 am UTC

This already has a thread. Granted, it's not explicitly including TV episodes, but people discuss them there anyway. Thanks, merged.
This is a placeholder until I think of something more creative to put here.

User avatar
Midnight
Posts: 2170
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 am UTC
Location: Twixt hither and thither. Ergo, Jupiter.

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Midnight » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:11 pm UTC

i.. don't think i've said this before... but i feel i have.. and IF i have, get rid of this one...

But...

The Green Mile is one of the few movies where I've truly broken down and cried. I mean, this eight foot tall, three-fifty pound man crying about not wanting to die in the dark...
La Vita e Bella got definitely one good solid tear. That damn little boy not having any idea...
Serenity, when I first watched it, I hadn't watched firefly. I still thought the fight scene in the clouds, with the reavers and such, was amazing and I got chills. Then I watched it again, after watching firefly religiously and I... I guess the word is yelped... when Wash died.
Pans labyrinth gave me misty eyes for sure. Not even when anyone dies, just when she 'wakes up' in the dream kingdom. Me and the people I watched it with argued about how it was all in her head or not, and finally I proved them wrong cause del Toro said himself that it was real.
Lion King and Land Before Time both did it for me back in the day, but not so much anymore. I know everything by heart in Lion King, I watched it so much... so it's not exactly shocking.
uhhhh fuck.

User avatar
ishikiri
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:04 am UTC

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby ishikiri » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:10 am UTC

The last thing (I'm truley ashamed to say) I cried to was the last episode of Ally Mcbeal.

It was mainly because of a couple of factors:
1 - when it was on. TMF played it every week day at 8 or 9 O'clock and i used to watch it religiously at a point when i was super depressed anyway and it was kind of kooky and comforting. I used to hate weekends cos Ally & co weren't on and it was the one time in my day I just could kind of relax and not think abut stuff so much or be disracted by anything.

2 - the last couple of seasons went really to shit. I mean, it was like the producers made a Producer Decision and deceided between themselves:

Spoiler:
"well the ratings are going down so the problem must be erm. . . the writers. . yeah its the writers fault. Fire the bastards!"
"yeah but who's gonnna write the show? we've got another season coming up!"
"erm. . . yeah. . . ooh! I know! We could write it ourselves!"
"really? isn't it hard?"
"I dunno we could. . um. . . do some character development like. . ."
"We could make Ally a bastard! and then give her a kid"
"hold on. pass me that empolyee roster"
*gets out red pen and starts scribbling*
"We can kill off him but we have to make him insane first!"
"yeah but ally needs someone to fawn over"
"who?"
*turns radio on*
Living on a prayerrrrr
"Bon. . . jovi?"
"can he act?"
"can we write?"
"true, but what about lucy liu? she's demanding more money. and these two want something with more integrity."
"fuck em, we'll just not write em in."
"how do you mean not write em in?"
"we'll just not write anything for them. eventually they'll stop turning up to the set. we won't even have to openly fire them!"
"but we've gotta have more than one female character?"
"Who's free?"
"Christina ricci?"
"She got big tits?"
"Yup"
"She'll do".


As you can see i'm still a bit pissed off about the systematic raping of one of my favorite shows.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11262
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:33 am UTC

The last episode of China Beach... where the site is shelled, and everyone dies. It was... startling (I was 10).

User avatar
Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:14 pm UTC
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Alisto » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:51 am UTC

Prior to this past weekend, I had cried three times in 12 years.

Bridge to Terabithia made me cry like a little bitch.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

Joeldi
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am UTC
Location: Central Queensland, Australia
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Joeldi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:35 am UTC

I've never cried at anything screenly, and it mucks with my sensibilities that people can, however, I do get teary and chokey quite often, most recently when watching I Am Legend yesterday.
I already have a hate thread. Necromancy > redundancy here, so post there.

roc314 wrote:America is a police state that communicates in txt speak...

"i hav teh dissentors brb""¡This cheese is burning me! u pwnd them bff""thx ur cool 2"

User avatar
Nath
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:14 pm UTC

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Nath » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:10 am UTC

Joeldi wrote:...I do get teary and chokey quite often...

I do believe there's a name for that. Rhymes with 'prying'.

User avatar
Draverd
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am UTC

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Draverd » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:00 am UTC

The Passion of the Christ
Grave of the Firefly's
Brave Heart

Thats all that I can think of as of this time. Also No I am not posting what part because it would be a spoiler.
"Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back."

"Progress is a comparative of which we have not settled the superlative." G.K. Chesterton

User avatar
Vanguard
Posts: 807
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:52 pm UTC
Location: Away from you

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Vanguard » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 pm UTC

Draverd wrote:The Passion of the Christ
Grave of the Firefly's
Brave Heart

Thats all that I can think of as of this time. Also No I am not posting what part because it would be a spoiler.


JESUS DIES AND COMES BACK LOL.

Couldn't help it. Sorry.
Image

Anomie
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:41 pm UTC
Location: East Kilbride
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Anomie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:53 pm UTC

I'm sure i've already posted in this, but:
Fry's Dog in Futurama
Dancer in The Dark
The end of the Vaka video by Sigur Rós
When Exit Music kicks in at the end of Romeo+Juliet

*sniff*
They don't sleep on the beaches anymore.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Rodan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:26 am UTC

For the record, the special features of Firefly is still one of the most depressing things ever.

Which is in contrast to the Serenity special features which are all so happy.

User avatar
theonlyjett
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby theonlyjett » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:34 am UTC

Angel
Spoiler:
when Fred dies.

Buffy
Spoiler:
when her mom dies. (great episode)
Bridge to Terabithia because I saw it with my little daughter and she cried. So I had to cry, too.
Pans Labyrinth.
Spoiler:
I cried because I believed it was real. And if it wasn't, her last conscious thoughts were actually happy.

Pursuit of Happyness. I hate that movie. By the time anything good happened, I didn't even care anymore.

I sometimes tear up from awesomeness and similar stuff. Not just because I'm sad. Funnily enough, I was watching ST: Voy a few days ago and...
Spoiler:
...had to hold back some emotion because. A small character named Suder had been confined to his quarters for killing someone because of a mental disorder in a previous episode. In a 2 part episode, he is becoming frustrated with not being able to help out the ship. Kazons take over the ship and strand the rest of the crew on a planet. This, of course, is Suder's chance to shine. He kills like 6 Kazons in all of 4 seconds and saves the day. Well, he dies, too, but still. I didn't cry really, but did have to hold back emotional outbursts of the awesomeness of the situation.


Edited for spoilers and edited again cause it sometimes takes me twice to get simple concepts :)
Last edited by theonlyjett on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:23 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Rodan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:49 am UTC

Might wanna spoiler some of that stuff up there.
I've seen every Buffy and Angel episode, so I'm not affected, but...

User avatar
theonlyjett
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby theonlyjett » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:18 am UTC

My bad, wasn't thinking. Thanks

User avatar
steewi
Posts: 873
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:38 am UTC
Location: Tropical Nowhere

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby steewi » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:36 am UTC

Grave of the Fireflies

B5: Sleeping in Light
B5: Endgame/Rising Star

BtVS: The Body
BtVS: The Gift

Pan's Labyrinth

Children of Men

I'm such a sucker.

User avatar
Midnight
Posts: 2170
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 am UTC
Location: Twixt hither and thither. Ergo, Jupiter.

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Midnight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:20 am UTC

theonlyjett wrote:Pans Labyrinth.
Spoiler:
I cried because I believed it was real. And if it wasn't, her last conscious thoughts were actually happy.

It was. at least, the writer/director said it was. and imo he knows that story rather well.
uhhhh fuck.

User avatar
theonlyjett
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby theonlyjett » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:28 am UTC

@ midnight
Yeah, I heard that soon after watching the movie, but at the time of watching it, there's no way to know for sure, and that's what really made it hit me like it did. I believe this was intentional and a bit genius.

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Rodan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

theonlyjett wrote:@ midnight
Yeah, I heard that soon after watching the movie, but at the time of watching it, there's no way to know for sure, and that's what really made it hit me like it did. I believe this was intentional and a bit genius.

I'm a cynical bastard and still don't believe it, but I wish I did.

User avatar
BobMacDhonnchaidh
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:13 pm UTC
Location: Glasgow, Scotland (Not England)

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby BobMacDhonnchaidh » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:47 am UTC

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9rtrrAmLc

Words can't describe how incredible this is to witness
Thig crìoch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceòl

Help save us from 16 years of boredom!

User avatar
Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!
Posts: 3998
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:14 pm UTC
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Alisto » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 pm UTC

Midnight wrote:
theonlyjett wrote:Pans Labyrinth.
Spoiler:
I cried because I believed it was real. And if it wasn't, her last conscious thoughts were actually happy.

It was. at least, the writer/director said it was. and imo he knows that story rather well.


http://twitchfilm.net/archives/008507.html

Spoiler:
Del Toro: [...] The movie is like a Rorschach test where, if you view it and you don't believe, you'll view the movie as, "Oh, it was all in her head." If you view it as a believer, you'll see clearly where I stand, which is it is real. My last image in the movie is an objective little white flower blooming in a dead tree with the bug watching it. So….

MG: I'm glad to hear you say that. This is the dispute going on among people who have seen your film. Was Ofelia in her fantasy world? Was it a real world? I keep saying such questions pose a false dichotomy.

Del Toro: Yes, of course. And it's intimate. If the movie works as a piece of storytelling, as a piece of artistic creation, it should tell something different to everyone. It should be a matter of personal discussion. Now objectively, the way I structured it, there are three clues in the movie that tell you where I stand. I stand in that it's real. The most important clues are the flower at the end, and the fact that there's no way other than the chalk door to get from the attic to the Captain's office.

MG: Yes, and again referring back to the dynamic of their dyad, Mercedes notices the chalk door; they aren't just in Ofelia's imagination.

Del Toro: Objectively, those two clues tell you it's real. The third clue is she's running away from her stepfather, she reaches a dead end, by the time he shows up she's not there. Because the walls open for her. So sorry, there are clues that tell you where I stand and I stand by the fantasy. Those are objective things if you want. The film is a Rorschach test of where people stand.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

User avatar
Trina
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:32 pm UTC
Location: on the river bank
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Trina » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

i cried the first time i watched ET. i was 5.

i'm a sap, though. i'll tear up whilst watching most any emotional scene.

User avatar
theonlyjett
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby theonlyjett » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:54 pm UTC

Now that I think more about it, I cried when I was about 5 or so and saw Short Circuit. Well, for a couple minutes anyways.

User avatar
Hexadecimator
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:48 pm UTC
Location: WA, USA, Earth, ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby Hexadecimator » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

steewi wrote:BtVS: The Body
BtVS: The Gift
The Body came close, but The Gift finally pushed me over the edge. I have never before or since cried over a TV show. But I was watching Buffy the first time through at high speed, and in one night I covered from a couple epiosodes before The Body through the first few episodes of season 6. The Gift finally did me in, and I was teary eyed at every sad moment from then on until I finally forced myself to bed around 4am, especially since they kept replaying (spoiler'd) the finding of the body and the giving of the gift.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby willwithskills » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:55 pm UTC

Anything where the dog dies...

I like dogs. A LOT.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

User avatar
PatrickRsGhost
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:43 pm UTC
Location: ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Contact:

Re: Tear-jerkers (merged: Fictional Tears)

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

Another Futurama-related one:

When Leela finds her real parents, and then when they say they've always looked out for her, cut to scenes throughout her childhood and adult life, where they're secretly watching over her, or helping her in some way. Oh....God...:sniff: :cry:
PRG

An important message for you:

010000100110010100100000011100110
111010101110010011001010010000001
110100011011110010000001100101011
000010111010000100000011110010110
111101110101011100100010000001100
010011000010110001101101111011011
1000101110


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests