Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:Mods:
Is it alright if we give clues to a show that we already know as a game, or would that belong in the games section?

If you make a game out of this in THIS thread, I will personally remove your existence from High Culture until I can get Belial to ban you from High Culture.

¿Comprende?

You can make a thread in Forum Games about it, though. Sounds like it'd actually be fun. In there. Not here.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:49 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
sje46 wrote:Mods:
Is it alright if we give clues to a show that we already know as a game, or would that belong in the games section?

If you make a game out of this in THIS thread, I will personally remove your existence from High Culture until I can get Belial to ban you from High Culture.

¿Comprende?

You can make a thread in Forum Games about it, though. Sounds like it'd actually be fun. In there. Not here.

Okay, that's why I asked.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:37 am UTC

JayDee wrote:The story with the monkey and the pillars is a traditional Buddhist story of one kind or another, I do believe. I saw it recently in the final issue of Lucifer. The only show I ever saw as a child that included that type of thing was Monkey Magic, although I have no idea if that is the show you are referring to.

That was the show. I remember seeing that episode.

Ashbash

Postby Ashbash » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:59 am UTC

Ashbash wrote:I remember watching on SBS a few years ago a (german?) movie about an organised begging troop of sorts. There was this man who decided to write and sell books but he kept getting out classed by all these beggars, who he later saw giving a portion of proceedings to this one man. Turns out there's this guy who's done a study on human pity and is using his findings to design scenarios that will help extort the most money for beggars, such as this one violin player who's too depressed to even pick up the violin and play (turn's out he can't even play at all, but he's been assigned the 'part' by this head honcho guy). The book seller decides to join this scheme and plays a part of a man going out to dinner with his wife/girlfriend on their anniversary, who at the end of his meal (always at a diferent restaurant) doesn't have enough to pay and works up a pity story to get other people to help pay for it. The girl is in on it too. Don't want to reveal the end, it'd spoil it.

Does anyone know the name of it? It's one of my favorite movies, I've never been able to find out what it's called.

Bumping my own request from a couple of pages back. So nobody's heard of it? 'Tis a shame, was looking forward to watching it again, can't figure out what it is.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:05 am UTC

Ashbash wrote:
Ashbash wrote:I remember watching on SBS a few years ago a (german?) movie about an organised begging troop of sorts. There was this man who decided to write and sell books but he kept getting out classed by all these beggars, who he later saw giving a portion of proceedings to this one man. Turns out there's this guy who's done a study on human pity and is using his findings to design scenarios that will help extort the most money for beggars, such as this one violin player who's too depressed to even pick up the violin and play (turn's out he can't even play at all, but he's been assigned the 'part' by this head honcho guy). The book seller decides to join this scheme and plays a part of a man going out to dinner with his wife/girlfriend on their anniversary, who at the end of his meal (always at a diferent restaurant) doesn't have enough to pay and works up a pity story to get other people to help pay for it. The girl is in on it too. Don't want to reveal the end, it'd spoil it.

Does anyone know the name of it? It's one of my favorite movies, I've never been able to find out what it's called.

Bumping my own request from a couple of pages back. So nobody's heard of it? 'Tis a shame, was looking forward to watching it again, can't figure out what it is.

Sorry. I hate that.

Do you know when the film takes place, and when it was made? I think that that may help (even though I'm sure that I haven't seen it)

What is SBS?
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.

Ashbash

Postby Ashbash » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 am UTC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Br ... ng_Service - SBS is the 'world channel' in Australia. The movie I'm after is a foreign movie, I think German. It doesn't look really recent, but I can't say it was old... anything between 5 and 20 years ago? It was set in it's own current time, if that helps.

I can remember a scene where the main character is talking to the guy in charge of the 'pity ring' - they're in a room underground, and there's a small window near the room where they can see the feet of the people passing by, which the head honcho uses to refer to the general public and the ease to which they can be manipulated.

Ringing any bells, guys?

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:52 am UTC

I've tried whacking some keywords for that into IMDB and can't come up with anything. Which is a shame, 'cause my interest is highly piqued, and this sounds like the sort of thing I'd be real interested in seeing. Alas.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 am UTC

Wikipedia is sometimes good for this.

o is Yahoo Answers, probably.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:30 am UTC

I have another one: A cartoon, I'd say around 10 years old, about two islands. One is this paradise island with a melon-shaped volcano, and the other is an industrial hell, with mostly kids working there, and run by two (I think) crazy old dudes with pictures of atomic mushroom clouds in their office. In the end, a wizard or someone from the tropical paradise island turns all the kids on the industry island into doves, so they can escape, and the two crazy dudes start up this giant drill that makes a hole in the island, which causes it to sink (that's how islands work). Very eco thing.

Oh, and it was in danish, or something like that. Damn, just remembered that, it might be rarer than I thought. Many cartoon-loving danes on this forum?

agoraphobicguy

Postby agoraphobicguy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:20 am UTC

What is the name of that movie about kids going on a quest and then turning into wolves or coyotes? It was a cartoon on VHS made I would guess in the 70s or 80s.

I think it was released by Family Home Entertainment (FHE) for video but that may be a false memory because as a kid I also watched a cartoon called Fairies by FHE as well as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes (also put out on video by FHE) on my VCR growing up in the late 80s early 90s.

It was a older looking cartoon style.

I seem to remember that there were a female and male child raised by female and male coyote/wolf parents (who look old and sickly I think) and the kids go on a quest. I don't remember what that quest was, but they encountered a sleeping monster (I think it was blue and seem to recall some narrator talking about the monster as they went near - in fact I think there was no dialog in the movie, just narration) and flying monsters (they rode I think) and things like that. And then at the end they decide to turn into coyotes/wolves since their parents are dead, or something like that, I really can't recall the exact details.

Please Help! I remember this cartoon got me into fantasy and science fiction and made a huge impact on my development, but I can't figure out what the title was or where to get it!

BTW I only get Wile Coyote or Native American myths with my Googling. :[

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:10 pm UTC

There was some weird movie I used to watch a lot, when I was younger. I don't quite remember all that much about it though.
There was a knight on a horse coming out of a boys closet.
The boy went into some strange world (I don't know exactly how he did this, could have been the closet, could have been something else).
Then there were some very grumpy midgets who decided at some point to either capture or help the boy.
The boy needed to find his parents, I think, and they were captured by a really evil guy who could turn people into stone.
At some point the get to the evil guys fortress. There is a labyrinth or such. And there is something related to a game-show, also the boys parents have been taken over by the evil dude and are either evil or extremely happy.
Then there are some jumping around rocks that are floating around.
The evil guy turns at least one of the midgets into stone.
They beat the evil guy in the end and he turns into stone and explodes/gets crushed.
Then they boy wakes up from his dream at home in his house, there are firemen around who get him out because something is burning, and his parents are there.
Then one of the firemen carry out a microwave-oven with a black rock in it (a part of the evil guy?). And something goes "UHU THERE IS STILL EVIL IN THE WORLD" or something similar to that.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:00 pm UTC

I remember watching this one animated movie with my cousin once when I was really young. It was set in some kind of Arabian setting, with the protagonist beings some kind of mute pauper boy or something like that.

It also involved a thief trying to steal these three golden spheres off of the top of a tall tower using various comical methods.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm UTC

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp wrote:I have another one: A cartoon, I'd say around 10 years old, about two islands. One is this paradise island with a melon-shaped volcano, and the other is an industrial hell, with mostly kids working there, and run by two (I think) crazy old dudes with pictures of atomic mushroom clouds in their office. In the end, a wizard or someone from the tropical paradise island turns all the kids on the industry island into doves, so they can escape, and the two crazy dudes start up this giant drill that makes a hole in the island, which causes it to sink (that's how islands work). Very eco thing.

Oh, and it was in danish, or something like that. Damn, just remembered that, it might be rarer than I thought. Many cartoon-loving danes on this forum?

It's swedish/norwegian apparently. And it's called "Resan/reisen til Melonia" and it's awesome. Based on "The Tempest".

Atleast it sounds a lot like it.

they/them/theirs

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

AngrySquirrel wrote:It's swedish/norwegian apparently. And it's called "Resan/reisen til Melonia" and it's awesome. Based on "The Tempest".

Atleast it sounds a lot like it.

Oh yeah, that's it! Much obliged.

[.root/fail]

Postby [.root/fail] » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:17 am UTC

"It's funny... in the end, the world had finally been united... but not by love... but by fear, fear of what they become... I can only wonder why it took everything we once held dear to realize we all bleed the same"

This quote cannot leave my mind, any idea where it is from? I remember that it's a movie, anime, or anime movie. The person speaking the quote, is as I believe, a 20 to 30 year-old female. I think is was something like 8 years ago... or 4 years ago when I saw it, and it's some drama. I remember being good, with a message.

I googled bits and pieces of this, and to no provail. I'm usually so good at tracking down information through different methods too, but those also failed me.

[[radical subjectivity... I may be wrong about it all, but I'm trying to figure out the memory]]

I'm sorry if I am not making sense, my mind communicates in paradoxes and oxymorons, so from that it's hard to make sense of memories. Thanks to anyone who helps me figure this one out. :D
Yes, well that's a compelling argument; but you forget one fundamental fact, you suck!

[.root/fail] wrote:Only a loser would sig themselves...

axilog14

Postby axilog14 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:27 am UTC

Kazuke wrote:I remember watching this one animated movie with my cousin once when I was really young. It was set in some kind of Arabian setting, with the protagonist beings some kind of mute pauper boy or something like that.

It also involved a thief trying to steal these three golden spheres off of the top of a tall tower using various comical methods.

Just registered to say this movie is "The Thief and the Cobbler". Loved it as a kid. Songs are a little messed-up though.

And off to the Intro thread I go.
"Yes, my life is pathetic. But I still prefer it to the alternative!"

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:59 am UTC

That's it. Thanks. :D

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:48 am UTC

i think it might have been a foreign film. i'm almost positive it took place in france either way
there were evil women and a nice lady who were all poor, i remember a scene under a bridge. there was also a guy who was a biker, like bicycle racer. he had big calves, and i think the evil woman caught him and hooked him up to a machine and he was on an unmoving bike in front of a movie screen. and then he peddeled (sp?) really hard and broke free of it. and it was in sepia. anyone have any idea at all?

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:26 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:i think it might have been a foreign film. i'm almost positive it took place in france either way
there were evil women and a nice lady who were all poor, i remember a scene under a bridge. there was also a guy who was a biker, like bicycle racer. he had big calves, and i think the evil woman caught him and hooked him up to a machine and he was on an unmoving bike in front of a movie screen. and then he peddeled (sp?) really hard and broke free of it. and it was in sepia. anyone have any idea at all?

My friend you are in luck! The animated movie of which you speak is none other than Les Triplettes de Belleville, quite possibly the greatest animated movie ever, certainly the greatest of the ones I've seen.

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 am UTC

that is it!!! thank you very much!!!

ok i have another one:
it's a children's movie i think i watched it when i was 4, so 1994ish. it was about two kids (one boy one girl, i think) who would go down a slide in their back yard and they would go through a portal to another world at the bottom. this world was extreamly colorful (of course) and full of people in colorful animal suits (not that we wee supposed to know that there were humans inside, anyway) the "little bunny foo-foo" song was in it and there was a merry-go-round....i think it may have sent the kids home... and i'm pretty sure that one of the main animals was a bear....
ImageImageImageImageImage

ewige

Postby ewige » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 pm UTC

AngrySquirrel wrote:There was some weird movie I used to watch a lot, when I was younger. I don't quite remember all that much about it though.
There was a knight on a horse coming out of a boys closet.
The boy went into some strange world (I don't know exactly how he did this, could have been the closet, could have been something else).
Then there were some very grumpy midgets who decided at some point to either capture or help the boy.
The boy needed to find his parents, I think, and they were captured by a really evil guy who could turn people into stone.
At some point the get to the evil guys fortress. There is a labyrinth or such. And there is something related to a game-show, also the boys parents have been taken over by the evil dude and are either evil or extremely happy.
Then there are some jumping around rocks that are floating around.
The evil guy turns at least one of the midgets into stone.
They beat the evil guy in the end and he turns into stone and explodes/gets crushed.
Then they boy wakes up from his dream at home in his house, there are firemen around who get him out because something is burning, and his parents are there.
Then one of the firemen carry out a microwave-oven with a black rock in it (a part of the evil guy?). And something goes "UHU THERE IS STILL EVIL IN THE WORLD" or something similar to that.

Has this seriously gone unanswered?

This was Time Bandits, by Terry Gilliam, one of the greatest movies EVER.
While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence.

[.root/fail]

Postby [.root/fail] » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

[.root/fail] wrote:"It's funny... in the end, the world had finally been united... but not by love... but by fear, fear of what they become... I can only wonder why it took everything we once held dear to realize we all bleed the same"
I figured out the quote, and part of the source.

Someone called Atredius said it. I'm unsure of the source, sounds like mythology, though, considering the friend of mine I heard it from... it could be anime, manga, any sort of movie, show, book.

It's... so ironic. In the end, there truely was no prejudice. The world had finally been unified by total fear. Not of eachother, our religions, or skin colour. Not of *aything* except what we hadbecome. I can only wonder why it took the death of everything we held dear, to finally make us understand that we all bleed the same.
Yes, well that's a compelling argument; but you forget one fundamental fact, you suck!

[.root/fail] wrote:Only a loser would sig themselves...

Nicole88

Postby Nicole88 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:35 am UTC

There is an old cartoon that I used to watch over and over:
It's black and white, and starts out with some fat lady doing a sort of bellydance. At the end, she slips into a circus tent and a crowd of men rush in after her. At some point, someone sings some sort of "tears of a clown" song.

What the hell is it??
I'm drunk on panda mystery.

jaap

Postby jaap » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:52 pm UTC

Mo0man wrote:So, request: Recent-ish movie about a man in a quarantine, and he hides in his house keeps absolutely everyone out, even his family cause he was afraid of dying. Apparently it has to do with a biological attack in a city. Also, that essentially all I know, as I haven't actually seen it, just wanted to and completely forgot about until now... Sorry

I don't think this one has been answered yet. It's Right at your Door.

Protagonist

Postby Protagonist » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:05 am UTC

I remember watching this when I was really little, and only a tiny part of it. It was a man in a desert (planet?) running from rock to rock, trying to not be killed by these ray type things that travelled under the sand. This would have been early nineties probably. I thought it might be the 1984 Dune, but from what I can tell (haven't actually see it) the things in there are worms, and I remember these things being rays.

Any idea what it would be?
Last edited by Protagonist on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:54 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

jaap

Postby jaap » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am UTC

Protagonist wrote:I remember watching this when I was really little, and only a tiny part of it. It was a man in a desert running from rock to rock, trying to not be killed by these sand ray type things that travelled under the sand. This would have been early nineties probably. I thought it might be the 1984 Dune, but from what I can tell (haven't actually see it) the things in there are worms, and I seem to remember these things being rays.

Any idea what it would be?

Screamers?

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:32 am UTC

Tremors?

Never seen it, but that sounds like what I've heard of it.

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:29 am UTC

Tremors almost without a doubt. Fred Ward, Kevin Bacon and female love interest pole-vaulting from rock to rock to avoid the graboids. One of my favourite trash movies ever.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

jaap

Postby jaap » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:30 am UTC

But Tremors' graboids are worm-like too, and the OP says in his film they are not. Furthermore, Tremor's is not really set in a desert, nor is it about a single man.

Protagonist

Postby Protagonist » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:06 pm UTC

Yeah, I've seen Tremors, and it isn't the same thing. Nor Screamers. I've searched everywhere, and I haven't seen anything that looks like it. It's probably not going to turn up. The big thing are the rays under the sand, I can't find anything even close to them.

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:38 am UTC

i saw this on tv just the other day, it's an episode of some tv show i think. anyway, the bit that i remember was off a guy talking to this really pretty girl who apparently is a porn star. i guess they ha met the night before or something at a party or something and got to talking about her ambitions. and for some odd reason they have run into eachother again and are walking down the street to her "workplace" he is berating her for her job. she gets into a van and he follows saying he is her agent and pissing off the guys in the van. he is demanding to speak to the director and the guy in the back of the van is like "i'm the director, this is the set" they proceed to film the "movie" i think the leading actor is a black guy. she's sucking his cock and the agent guy is freaking out and being awkward and stuff. any ideas? i know it seems a bit generic.

also bumping my last unanswered post:
it's a children's movie i think i watched it when i was 4, so 1994ish. it was about two kids (one boy one girl, i think) who would go down a slide in their back yard and they would go through a portal to another world at the bottom. this world was extreamly colorful (of course) and full of people in colorful animal suits (not that we wee supposed to know that there were humans inside, anyway) the "little bunny foo-foo" song was in it and there was a merry-go-round....i think it may have sent the kids home... and i'm pretty sure that one of the main animals was a bear...

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:32 pm UTC

Protagonist wrote:Yeah, I've seen Tremors, and it isn't the same thing. Nor Screamers. I've searched everywhere, and I haven't seen anything that looks like it. It's probably not going to turn up. The big thing are the rays under the sand, I can't find anything even close to them.

There is an episode of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys that has mantra rays attacking from under the sand and people have to jump around and try to outrun them. But that seems a bit strange with the timeline and all. Don't remember which episode it is either.

they/them/theirs

steewi

Postby steewi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 am UTC

I remember seeing a late night SBS movie (see above) about 10 years ago. It was in German, about a policeman who arrives in a city for a new job and is promptly mugged of all his stuff. He gets drunk and wakes up in bed with a gay mechanic. The policeman is working on some stakeout or something like that. It sounds like the intro to a bad porn flick, but it was a legit movie, and I can't remember the title. Any clues?

drop

Postby drop » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:22 am UTC

Im searching for 2 cartoons that were aired on cartoon network around 10 or even more years ago and some (good?) Japanese anime that was aired at some other channel.

The first cartoon was about a "barbarian", "sorceress" and probably some third guy, who were traveling through some sort of post apocalyptic USA. I think they were fighting raiders during their adventures. I only remember one episode - a gigantic robot monkey from some Hollywood studio, that resembled king kong has been used by the bad guys. I think the good guys defeated the robot somehow and its hands fell off.

The 2nd cartoon, was very very bad - I never liked it actually. I think it was aired on Saturdays and Sundays at 8pm. It was about the life (?) of some guy with black hair (if he even had hair) and black eyes that looked like spots (the animation style was very characteristic IMO). I think during the intro of each cartoon, the guy was running somewhere (opera maybe?) and when he finally got there, he played on a triangle.
In general, the characters in the animation were drawn more realistically than an average cartoon.

As for the anime. This will be a hard one. All I remember was some male hero, with some sort of super pistol, that could destroy nearly everything (perhaps it was somehow connected to his suit, his face could have been seen though). I think the main hero used to fly with a really realistically drawn plane, that looked like F15. I THINK that there MIGHT have been an anthropomorphic talking cat (something similar to the cat at the top of the tower in dragon ball). Im not sure if I did not combine two animes - one about guy(s) with guns that could destroy everything and one with realistically drawn planes and a talking cat.

microwaved

Postby microwaved » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 am UTC

drop wrote:The first cartoon was about a "barbarian", "sorceress" and probably some third guy, who were traveling through some sort of post apocalyptic USA. I think they were fighting raiders during their adventures. I only remember one episode - a gigantic robot monkey from some Hollywood studio, that resembled king kong has been used by the bad guys. I think the good guys defeated the robot somehow and its hands fell off.

Sounds like thundarr the barbarian, with the third guy being ookla the mok. Was my dad's favorite show growing up, and when it started showing on boomerang he'd watch it all the time. I thought it was pretty cool. I remember one episode when he was trapped in a tower by the shows main antagonist, and to escape he somehow managed to put a bucket on the dude's head. Then instead of lopping off his head with his giant sword, he decided to jump out the window. I know it's a kids show, but my dad and I had a good laugh about that.

**edit** also after looking up the show's wiki, it aired in the early 1980's so it wasn't my dad's favorite show growing up. Apparently he just like watching kids cartoons in his 20's. lol

Balsamic

Postby Balsamic » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm UTC

I also have a late night film that aired on SBS to ask about.

It was an asian film, however the version I saw appeared to have been dubbed into another language (Korean?) and had subtitles for another language again. As such, I'm not sure what the original was. Its genre was probably romance. It was your standard missed connections film. Boy and girl meet as children at a camp of some kind and on the bus home the girl waits several extra stops to give the boy her number. He precedes to lose it. Years later, they meet again. There's a scene where the girl's papers are blown across a fountain. A central setting was a take away food store that they both order from. As is rather expected in such films, there are two others who vie for their affection and eventually team up to keep them apart. The conclusion tritely has them living with an adjoining wall that eventually comes down in an earthquake for a dusty reunion.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray wrote:I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.

drop

Postby drop » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:01 am UTC

microwaved wrote:
drop wrote:The first cartoon was about a "barbarian", "sorceress" and probably some third guy, who were traveling through some sort of post apocalyptic USA. I think they were fighting raiders during their adventures. I only remember one episode - a gigantic robot monkey from some Hollywood studio, that resembled king kong has been used by the bad guys. I think the good guys defeated the robot somehow and its hands fell off.

Sounds like thundarr the barbarian, with the third guy being ookla the mok. Was my dad's favorite show growing up, and when it started showing on boomerang he'd watch it all the time. I thought it was pretty cool. I remember one episode when he was trapped in a tower by the shows main antagonist, and to escape he somehow managed to put a bucket on the dude's head. Then instead of lopping off his head with his giant sword, he decided to jump out the window. I know it's a kids show, but my dad and I had a good laugh about that.

**edit** also after looking up the show's wiki, it aired in the early 1980's so it wasn't my dad's favorite show growing up. Apparently he just like watching kids cartoons in his 20's. lol

Thanks a lot! that was it!
I watched 2 episodes of the show - the plotholes are incredible :D - the planet destroyed earth and somehow a lot of random-men (apemen, lizardmen) appeared. In addition futuristic weapons can be found at random places (some bad character found "gloves of power" in an empty basement)..
Thundarr looks like heman, uses a lightsabre and his sidekicks are princess leia and wookie :D
The show has this nice falloutish feeling though. Too add more it contains some violence!

Alder

Postby Alder » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:21 am UTC

A sci-fi type show from the 90s...

Some government(?) scientist developed a technique where a single person could be sent back a single day in time. The US government used it to 'sort out' things that had gone badly wrong...I remember one episode invoving a russian submarine.
The 'time machine' looked like a gigantic metal hamster ball, and I have no idea why no-one ever seemed to notice it when it appeared in, say, a park. :roll:

(BBC 2 went through a phase of putting science fiction on at about 6 o'clock every night, all the Star Treks, Quantum Leap, Space 1999, old Battlestar Galactica, and occasionally things that probably never got past one seasosn. Like whatever that was.)
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:54 pm UTC

Alder26 wrote:A sci-fi type show from the 90s...

Some government(?) scientist developed a technique where a single person could be sent back a single day in time. The US government used it to 'sort out' things that had gone badly wrong...I remember one episode invoving a russian submarine.
The 'time machine' looked like a gigantic metal hamster ball, and I have no idea why no-one ever seemed to notice it when it appeared in, say, a park. :roll:

(BBC 2 went through a phase of putting science fiction on at about 6 o'clock every night, all the Star Treks, Quantum Leap, Space 1999, old Battlestar Galactica, and occasionally things that probably never got past one seasosn. Like whatever that was.)

Seven days http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Days_(TV_series)

Now I need some help.

I don't know what it was, but it was a kids show where they would go to this place and this (I think he was a bison) animal would read them stories with Aesop's fables, biblical, etc. It probably aired on PBS, mid nineties.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:39 pm UTC

Angua wrote:I don't know what it was, but it was a kids show where they would go to this place and this (I think he was a bison) animal would read them stories with Aesop's fables, biblical, etc. It probably aired on PBS, mid nineties.

adventures from the book of virtues.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”