Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Flumble
Yes Man

Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby Flumble » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:22 pm UTC

It's a cartoon show with a scientist granddad alcoholic and his anxious grandchild who go on adventures in all of time and space the multiverse. It doesn't (regularly) have time travel, Rick just has a spacecar and a dimension portal gun. Also everyone's eyes are black specks on white –it never stops weirding you out.

Now you gotta ask yourself: should I binge-watch the whole two seasons tonight or cease living altogether because life is meaningless without it? Just kidding, it's rhetorical; of course you're going to watch the series right now, or else Rick will destroy our galaxy because he feeds on our Rick and Morty Brainwaves©.

There's a couple of episodes available for free if you're interested and lacking other means to watch it: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/pilot/

© I totally stole that concept from last episode. But unlike Rick, I'm not a hypocrite about it.

Tyndmyr

Re: Rick and Morty forever and forever a hundred years

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:27 pm UTC

The pilot is actually a little rocky. Pretty much everyone I know was sorta "eh" at first, but rapidly grew addicted as they got further in. It's particularly good if you're a ravenous fan of sci-fi, etc, because they have a pretty blistering pace of blowing through sci fi conceits.

Flumble wrote:Now you gotta ask yourself: should I binge-watch the whole two seasons tonight or cease living altogether because life is meaningless without it?

Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

Tyndmyr

Rick and Morty

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:50 pm UTC

Best thing on television. Seriously. Watch it. Finishing up season 2 right now, and it's basically a fast paced demented sci fi cartoon.

KnightExemplar

Re: Rick and Morty

Postby KnightExemplar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 pm UTC

The show is very intelligent, but the jackass effect is a bit too strong for me. I can only watch a one or two episodes at a time tops before Rick pisses me off. I typically watch it online when I'm in the mood... but I guess I'm into more pleasant things now.
First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:57 pm UTC

They just had to do it: end the second season with a cliffhanger though no cliffhanger has occured in any other episode. :roll:

I feared the last episode was going to feature the kind of squanching Squanchy was doing earlier, but it turned out to be just a regular wedding. As regular as can be when it's in an R&M episode.

Tyndmyr wrote:Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

WHAT'S LEFT TO WATCH WHEN THERE'S NO MORE EPISODES OF RICK AND MORTY ?? :shock:

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:They just had to do it: end the second season with a cliffhanger though no cliffhanger has occured in any other episode. :roll:

I feared the last episode was going to feature the kind of squanching Squanchy was doing earlier, but it turned out to be just a regular wedding. As regular as can be when it's in an R&M episode.

Tyndmyr wrote:Nobody wants to exist, nobody has a purpose, everyone's going to die. Let's go watch TV.

WHAT'S LEFT TO WATCH WHEN THERE'S NO MORE EPISODES OF RICK AND MORTY ?? :shock:

Venture Bros. And rewatching Rick and Morty.

For a year and a half.

*grips chair tightly*

FearoftheDomo-Kun

Postby FearoftheDomo-Kun » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 am UTC

Just started watching, almost through first season.

This is really frickin' good.
So glad to meet you, Angeles

Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????

Postby Isaac Hill » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

Saturday, April 1, [as] aired the Season 3 premiere with no advance notice instead of their regularly scheduling programming. They're airing it every night this week at 10pm. I caught it last night, though my cable guide still said Bob's Burgers.
Spoiler:
I'm glad original Summer was OK. When new Summer was trying the alternate universe goggles, she just mentioned board games, with no mention of Cronenbergs. I thought maybe that meant original Summer had died, so new Summer wasn't seeing her reality.

I wonder if they foreshadowed the eventual series finale:
Spoiler:
Rick finds a parallel universe where that Mulan movie spawned a franchise, and the sauce was never discontinued.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am UTC

Season 3 started for real on Sunday.

I feel like it bounced back a bit from the premiere's effort to sort of burn down everything from the preceding season. (I'm just kind of burnt out on high body counts, with no real stakes for the main characters, personally).

Dan Harmon talking about the philosophy of the show brought me back to the show a bit too, but also makes me feel slightly bad for watching it because it kind of seems like Harmon is aging 5 years for every season of tv he puts out...

Summer as more of an active, driving force is refreshing.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 am UTC

It's currently on an infinite loop on the adult swim website.

"WHAT IS MY PURPOSE"
"You pass butter"
"OH MY GOD"
"Yeah, join the club"

So, I'm loving any episode that has music at the end. Did not know that Mazzy Star had more than one song (Look on down from the bridge). Special props to For the Damaged Coda, and Do You Feel It. Added that comma in to make it less confusing, if you have a problem save it for the semantics dome.

Isaac Hill wrote:I wonder if they foreshadowed the eventual series finale:
Spoiler:
Rick finds a parallel universe where that Mulan movie spawned a franchise, and the sauce was never discontinued.

Nope:
Spoiler:
It turns out Rick knew all along that he was a cartoon, that every horrible thing that ever happened to him in an infinite different ways is just for our sick entertainment, that if his multiverse ever stopped being so hilariously awful it'd all end in an instant.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”