Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Meem1029

Re: Minecraft

Postby Meem1029 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:32 am UTC

Playing around below Rirez's land with nbonaparte, and I saw this epic image.
Spoiler:
2011-11-19_01.22.08.jpg
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:16 am UTC

Preparing for war with Meem.
Spoiler:
2011-11-19_01.39.56.png

Getting overwhelmed...
Spoiler:
2011-11-19_01.54.20.png
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:39 pm UTC

So the servers already up? Woot! When are we going on ou adventure to the end?
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:42 pm UTC

Scallel wrote:So the servers already up? Woot! When are we going on ou adventure to the end?
This is just another Minecraft update (and nowhere near the last.) So, the server is still up and using 1.81, but will--at some random point when Bukkit is ready and when the Admins have decided they're prepared for the bugs--switch to the newest version eventually. ...I'm betting on a week. I've got my two stacks of obsidian ready so we can forge ahead through the Nether and pop out in the alien world of Full Release version. ^_^ Xeril and Ry are currently stockpiling dye. ...so they can dye all the sheep in the new world Orange, I think, and thus decree all baby sheep will be that color.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 pm UTC

Then I will steal their dyes for the glory of the Narnia Barnyard.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 pm UTC

I think I have 3 double chests of roses and yellow flowers.

Josephine wrote:Preparing for war with Meem.

Are you guys busting the myth that creepers don't explode?

I think I should have more images like Meem's... There were so many great moments in today's fun.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:52 pm UTC

Also, please vote in this poll:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76615

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:15 pm UTC

I think one of the first things to do when the server updates should be patching up the mob spawners, and getting them working again.

Levi

Postby Levi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:02 pm UTC

According to the wiki, enchanting items to level II requires more than 20 levels and getting to IV or V can take up to 60-70. Is XP really easy to come by in the End? It takes forever for me to collect enough xp to level up once I get to 12 or so.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:16 pm UTC

About this whole sheep thing - couldn't we each have a colour, and make all sheep that we find that colour? It'd become a show of territory - whatever colour sheep you find, it's their land. Colouring one of my orange sheep red would be seen as an act of war, and you could bluff two people into one by dying a sheep someone else's colour... seriously, can we do this instead?
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:44 pm UTC

Levi wrote:According to the wiki, enchanting items to level II requires more than 20 levels and getting to IV or V can take up to 60-70. Is XP really easy to come by in the End? It takes forever for me to collect enough xp to level up once I get to 12 or so.
Reportedly, when you beat the end boss you get oodles of XP. ...and you get a portal back to home. Due to a bug(?) you lose all XP when using that portal. That may be what they're talking about.

My plan for XP is to make an XP grinder. A simple one is just a zombie dungeon with a fence. You swing a sword over the fence and kill the zombies. (In single player I do similar but with a 1m gap and a spider spawner) Or, I plan to make a more complicated XP grinder. You might even be able to use potions to strike the final blow.

Blagtime:
Spoiler:
So I'm moving water near the northeast corner of my cobble sky, and I remember that aeons ago I dropped down there to harvest a bunch of clay and to leave some chests with a stack of cobble and some junk in order to have enough inventory space. ...I drop down to get the cobble, and I see the clay! The clay has...respawned? Very strange. Three large patches of clay. Clay's not rare now, so I'm not bothering...though I may need it for the eventual tavern, but I distinctly remember harvesting all three patches (and every other patch that was on or near my land.) It must be a glitch. Very strange.
2011-11-19_11.34.31.png
Two of the patches of clay that...respawned.
Oh, if we start 'branding' sheep by marking them a certain color, I hereby declare white sheep my brand. ^_^

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 pm UTC

As orange is taken, I'll have pink sheep.

And scallel, you better take brown sheep. It's the only resource you don't have billions of.
a.k.a. Cazador

Kain

Postby Kain » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 am UTC

I claim Green and Red sheep. Both of them.

Ideally, both at the same time, but considering I dont think they will have support for striped sheep :/
Last edited by Kain on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:19 am UTC

I claim those which are both invisible and pink.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:23 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:I claim those which are both invisible and pink.

pinks already taken, including the subset of pink that includes invisible.
Vieto wrote:I'll have pink sheep.
a.k.a. Cazador

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:46 am UTC

I claim the blue sheep. cocks cocks cocks
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:47 am UTC

I claim the sheep that looks like a chicken. So, meteor, I believe your castle is now mine.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:48 am UTC

Vieto wrote:

I was joking.

But I suppose I'll make an actual claim on magenta sheep.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:50 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:
Vieto wrote:

I was joking.

But I suppose I'll make an actual claim on magenta sheep.

I know you were joking, but I was just being sure.

Besides, I already have a pink glass sheep.
a.k.a. Cazador

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 am UTC

I've been noticing a lot of hostile mobs spawning in very well lit areas in my castle and the mines underneath (which I seal off after I light them up like a christmas tree). Did something change on the server?

Also, re: the discussion we had on the server about the iron motherload i found, i later found an enderman in that cave system, so yes, i was definitely in 1.8 areas.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:23 am UTC

Feylias wrote:
Levi wrote:According to the wiki, enchanting items to level II requires more than 20 levels and getting to IV or V can take up to 60-70. Is XP really easy to come by in the End? It takes forever for me to collect enough xp to level up once I get to 12 or so.
Reportedly, when you beat the end boss you get oodles of XP. ...and you get a portal back to home. Due to a bug(?) you lose all XP when using that portal. That may be what they're talking about.

My plan for XP is to make an XP grinder. A simple one is just a zombie dungeon with a fence. You swing a sword over the fence and kill the zombies. (In single player I do similar but with a 1m gap and a spider spawner) Or, I plan to make a more complicated XP grinder. You might even be able to use potions to strike the final blow.

I love his mob elevator design, I'm stealing it for my Bay of Doom. (As soon as I refurbish my monster mob spawner)

Feylias wrote:Blagtime:
Spoiler:
So I'm moving water near the northeast corner of my cobble sky, and I remember that aeons ago I dropped down there to harvest a bunch of clay and to leave some chests with a stack of cobble and some junk in order to have enough inventory space. ...I drop down to get the cobble, and I see the clay! The clay has...respawned? Very strange. Three large patches of clay. Clay's not rare now, so I'm not bothering...though I may need it for the eventual tavern, but I distinctly remember harvesting all three patches (and every other patch that was on or near my land.) It must be a glitch. Very strange.
2011-11-19_11.34.31.png
Oh, if we start 'branding' sheep by marking them a certain color, I hereby declare white sheep my brand. ^_^

Interesting. I'll have to run a before and after map to see if anything else has reverted or been destroyed.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:24 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:I've been noticing a lot of hostile mobs spawning in very well lit areas in my castle and the mines underneath (which I seal off after I light them up like a christmas tree). Did something change on the server?

Also, re: the discussion we had on the server about the iron motherload i found, i later found an enderman in that cave system, so yes, i was definitely in 1.8 areas.

That doesn't mean anything. Enderman can spawn in pre-1.8 chunks. In fact, if you take a look at the mob tower SW of spawn, you'll find it's now Swiss cheese, and I have a pretty good idea why.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:I've been noticing a lot of hostile mobs spawning in very well lit areas in my castle and the mines underneath (which I seal off after I light them up like a christmas tree). Did something change on the server?

Nothing has changed which would affect mob spawning. Endermen spawn everywhere, not just 1.8 lands, just look at the damage to TheMonkey's mob spawner for evidence. (Scallel damage is bigger, besides, if we assume rationality, he wouldn't want to destroy a source of gunpowder.) B^)

Edit: Ninja'd by The Scyphozoa. Bonus points will be awarded to anyone providing an accurate estimate of my typing speed from the difference in our posts timestamps.
Last edited by blalobw on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 am UTC

blalobw wrote:

Nothing has changed which would affect mob spawning. Endermen spawn everywhere, not just 1.8 lands, just look at the damage to TheMonkey's mob spawner for evidence. (Scallel damage is bigger, besides, if we assume rationality, he wouldn't want to destroy a source of gunpowder.) B^)

That's assuming quite a lot from a man known to suicide himself on his own tnt.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:42 am UTC

has anyone claimed purple and yellow? no? well I do now.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:55 am UTC

I will probably reject the sheep branding law as unsheepish and prefer to import wool, or manufacture them from string.

... Not that I could get my hands on sheep on my place in the first place.

I don't really like the concept of branding wild sheep, because I like the freedom everyone has to travel between places and share resources with each other... As well as sheep being very bad territorial markers. You guys with ground territory might have different views, however. I think my territory is quite clear.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:04 am UTC

Yeah, not a fan of the sovereign sheep idea. Flags are a great idea, but I don't think people should have domain over a certain color.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:41 am UTC

Besides, I don't even strictly have "my territory". Several people have/will soon have their own residences in my area, and I consider them to be their own territory. I'm fine with people dying sheep for fun ("oh, red sheep! I must be getting close to ____ place"), but I think using them for territory is unsheepish and missheepifying.

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 am UTC

If we're going with flags, I'm claiming a 2x3 flag with alternating red and blue blocks for the Pigsy Empire. (Consisting of all Pisgyvilles and the Fresh Principality of Bel-Air.) The name is subject to change.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:58 am UTC

Which way does your flag go?

RBR
BRB

or

BRB
RBR

Or is it orientation-less?

(Avatar by Sungura)

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 am UTC

BRB
RBR.

Although it might be a bad idea to use the inverse of that, seeing as how people could get confused.

Kain

Postby Kain » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:19 am UTC

Hmm... Well then, my flag (tentatively) will be the following:

Bookshelf
Cyan Black Cyan
Black Black Black
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 am UTC

Flag time:
Spoiler:
2011-11-19_20.40.05.png

Chaoszerom
Like stale dumplings for breakfast

Postby Chaoszerom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:03 am UTC

If the Sand Kingdom must have a flag, then I claim the Lithuanian one. That is, Yellow, Green, Red, from top to bottom.

Spoiler:
I remember the reasons behind that flag, actually. Yellow for the golden fields, green for the evergreen forests, and red for the blood spilt in battle. Rather interesting.

It'll have to be 5*3, but I can accept that :P 5 to 3 is actually the correct aspect ratio of the flag, and the 3 stripes makes it better. Lucky me! :D

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:00 am UTC

The Narnian Flag, as viewed from space: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37294115/map.ht ... 246&zoom=4

Also, it is illegal to make a Narnian flag that is not large enough to be visible from space.

Scallel
Location: Guarded by a dragon, within a volcano, surrounded by spikes. And in the center some lovely begonias.

Postby Scallel » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:53 am UTC

I think we should make a standard for how long your flag is. Like 10 by 6 for large territories, and then a 5 by 3 to demonstrate a small outpost. For example I would make a large one inside my lava wall, and Rirez would put the small on on his outpost outside my Village.
Yays and Thank yous.
Have a lovley day
-Scallel

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:40 am UTC

Well the big decision is between 2 or 3 height. Some flags use 2, some use 3. It depends on how many want horizontal stripes, and how many want vertical symmetry. Mine uses vertical symmetry, but I already have a design for 3 blocks high too.

In my opinion, 3 blocks tall is too much. 2 blocks is perfect. For comparison, if one goes to spawn and sees my flag atop the Skyway's spawn end, it already looks quite large. Keep in mind that it's just a 2x3 flag atop a very wide (8 block) platform for scale, and it still looks large.

Cookie Kingdom's flag (small version) from space.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:01 pm UTC

Steax wrote:I don't really like the concept of branding wild sheep, because I like the freedom everyone has to travel between places and share resources with each other... As well as sheep being very bad territorial markers. You guys with ground territory might have different views, however. I think my territory is quite clear.

I didn't really mean for it to be territory - at least, not in all cases - but it's just a marker, like graffiti, that 'Ulharvutha was here'.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:19 pm UTC

That would be cool too - though, I suppose most sheep will be penned after the patch.

Shadow of Israphel had a sort of flashback episode with lots of cinematics - very, very cool. Starts out a bit in.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:07 pm UTC

Also, Roose, I might have incidentally turned your undercomic realm into a mattress giant. Though, I'd have to say, beds can make for a pretty royal looking road.

Also, the narnian nature reserve may have a pretty near the surface skelly spawner. Though, I'm not sure, it was a long time since I've been there. If there is one, xp grinder for everyone!

Well, I've got a grinder going a bit. There's still some things to work out. Such as an auto flush mechanism and an off switch. Also, I'm a little concerned about how they're glitching about, which is probably a server issue.

Still, gained quite a bit of xp rather quickly. It's out at the nature reserve. It's the only building around. You can't miss.
Last edited by Jahoclave on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gaming”