WoWzers!

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Re: WoWzers!

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

My lock is only 79, so I haven't used Fel Flame. And yeah, pets... Ok, so ele shammies are no good compared to that... But what about spriests or moonkins (who I don't actually know anything about)?

I was just surprised that my dps ranking went up in the movement heavy raid.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:My lock is only 79, so I haven't used Fel Flame. And yeah, pets... Ok, so ele shammies are no good compared to that... But what about spriests or moonkins (who I don't actually know anything about)?

I was just surprised that my dps ranking went up in the movement heavy raid.

Moonkin and spriest DoT's are the strongest DoT's in game. Lunar Shower gives balance druids a moonfire that easily hits for 7k a hit, compared to fel flame's 3-4k. Sunfire will easily score 10k instant cast at literally 0 mana cost, with dots running.

The DoT damage for those two classes is just beastly.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:09 am UTC

Al'Akir 25 finally down. God I hate that fight. Also nabbed 25 H Halfus which is stupidly easy with the changes.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

ImTestingSleeping

Postby ImTestingSleeping » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:23 am UTC

mike-l wrote:Al'Akir 25 finally down. God I hate that fight. Also nabbed 25 H Halfus which is stupidly easy with the changes.

Grats :D Quite the feat.

halbarad

Postby halbarad » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:22 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:For a first run through, I'd suggest picking two harvesting professions, one of which should be skinning. Herbalism and Skinning, or Mining and Skinning. That way you can sell lots of stuff, will get a useful buff (herbalism gives you a 2m CD haste buff, mining grants extra stamina, and skinning grants extra crit), and won't have to waste ALL your time leveling a profession.

ImTestingSleeping wrote:Edit: One more thing, make a bank alt that you can park in a major city and send BoE greens and gathering materials to. This will free up bag space and save you trips to cities. Highly recommended!

These two bits of advice have really helped. I've started making quite a reasonable (in my opinion) amount of money from skinning and mining. I'm up to about 150G on both characters and making more quite easily.

One question about BoE greens, should I sell them on AH or just disenchant them myself so I can enchant better stuff later? I don't seem to be picking up much that people would have a use for but I'm not sure about that. I'm guessing the main other people who buy them from AH are looking to disenchant them for mats and to level the profession.

I went Prot/Ret and it's going pretty well, I've done a few instances with tanking and it's a lot more fun than general questing.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 pm UTC

halbarad wrote:I went Prot/Ret and it's going pretty well, I've done a few instances with tanking and it's a lot more fun than general questing.

I rarely have the patience to do more than 20-30m of sequential questing, and I can run 2-3 instances back to back before I need to do something else. I think the xp of questing is a little bit better, but the gear from instances is significantly better. Significantly. If you're queuing as a tank, your queue times will be instant, and you have better control over the pace. This lets you skew the xp gains in your favor.

halbarad wrote: I'm up to about 150G on both characters and making more quite easily.

That's pretty solid for a first run through. As for greens, I would suggest DE'ing them and selling the mats, but it's a crap shoot either way.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Telchar
That's Admiral 'The Hulk' Ackbar, to you sir

Postby Telchar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

BTW: for those of you that are heroic geared but aren't raiding just yet, get some people together and farm trash in Bastion of Twilight. Almost all the pulls have only 1 un-CCable mob and they drop BoE epics at a good clip (we get about 1 per clear when we are in there).
Zamfir wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. Everyone is all about presumption of innocence in rape threads. But when Mexican drug lords build APCs to carry their henchmen around, we immediately jump to criminal conclusions without hard evidence.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:37 pm UTC

Telchar wrote:BTW: for those of you that are heroic geared but aren't raiding just yet, get some people together and farm trash in Bastion of Twilight. Almost all the pulls have only 1 un-CCable mob and they drop BoE epics at a good clip (we get about 1 per clear when we are in there).

Heh, funny that the trash is what raiders hate about BoT, but also what puggers love :)
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Telchar
That's Admiral 'The Hulk' Ackbar, to you sir

Postby Telchar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 pm UTC

Meh, our group loves it but that's probably because our backwoods low-pop server still has those boe epics going for outrageous ammounts of money. We generally net 3k each a run (10man).
Zamfir wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. Everyone is all about presumption of innocence in rape threads. But when Mexican drug lords build APCs to carry their henchmen around, we immediately jump to criminal conclusions without hard evidence.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm UTC

mike-l wrote:
Telchar wrote:BTW: for those of you that are heroic geared but aren't raiding just yet, get some people together and farm trash in Bastion of Twilight. Almost all the pulls have only 1 un-CCable mob and they drop BoE epics at a good clip (we get about 1 per clear when we are in there).

Heh, funny that the trash is what raiders hate about BoT, but also what puggers love :)

It's the one instance in Cataclysm raiding when trash placement is that blatant in becoming a mere delay. Wait till the groups separate, CC properly, etc. That and the gauntlet. Neither BWD or Throne have such meaningless crap designed to drain away your raiding attempt time.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 pm UTC

Lucrece wrote:
mike-l wrote:

It's the one instance in Cataclysm raiding when trash placement is that blatant in becoming a mere delay. Wait till the groups separate, CC properly, etc. That and the gauntlet. Neither BWD or Throne have such meaningless crap designed to drain away your raiding attempt time.

Well, BWD has Chimaeron :)

GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby GhostWolfe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:That's pretty solid for a first run through. As for greens, I would suggest DE'ing them and selling the mats, but it's a crap shoot either way.
When the market is good, the dust/shards/essences are worth way more than you could sell the greens for. When the market's bad*, the dust/shards/essences are still worth a little more than you could sell the greens for.

/angell

*The market for [Strange Dust] on my server is weird. We have really rapid drought-flood cycling. During a drought, you can throw up a stack or two for exorbitant prices, but any more than two-three stacks and you will get undercut the moment you log out.
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:54 pm UTC

On the PTR my warrior went from a 6s spell reflect CD to 20s.
This fucking blows :(.
And gag order is gone on shield bash!

Blizzard taketh away and blizzard taketh away.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 pm UTC

It was pretty annoying to begin with that warriors could keep a caster outside a frost mage from landing spells on them at all with the stupid mobility and unmatched burst damage. Especially since they reverted Charge and Intercept sharing stun DR.

If there's a more stupid melee class, it's rogues which right now offer the best, uncleansable CC and CANNOT DIE if they play well. ShS rogues with imp recuperate are outright immortal.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 pm UTC

Lucrece wrote:It was pretty annoying to begin with that warriors could keep a caster outside a frost mage from landing spells on them at all with the stupid mobility and unmatched burst damage. Especially since they reverted Charge and Intercept sharing stun DR.

Caster could use a bullshit instant spell, fel flame, finger of frost, w/e and get rid of the damn thing.
It was grossly overpowered, yes, but kind of necessary. Prot Warrior gameplay will now become "get rooted, slowed and watch your teammates die while you heroic throw every 30 seconds what intervene ooh rooted again".

alexriehl

Postby alexriehl » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:39 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
Lucrece wrote:It was pretty annoying to begin with that warriors could keep a caster outside a frost mage from landing spells on them at all with the stupid mobility and unmatched burst damage. Especially since they reverted Charge and Intercept sharing stun DR.

Caster could use a bullshit instant spell, fel flame, finger of frost, w/e and get rid of the damn thing.
It was grossly overpowered, yes, but kind of necessary. Prot Warrior gameplay will now become "get rooted, slowed and watch your teammates die while you heroic throw every 30 seconds what intervene ooh rooted again".

Yeah, my mage tanking has sucked since the latest patch. Grr, I wish they would create an option to make Blast Wave instant cast again (instead of giving you a targeting matrix, have it instant at your feet. Same option would be nice for Flamestrike. Especially in PVP.)
AMA about suitcases
Spoiler:

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:

See, that's your problem. You conflate "frost mage" with casters. Frost mages are the only class you can't stay on 24/7. Warlock? Hai bitch, fear immunity, and if you do catch me with a fear I'll just get cleansed and intercept/charge right back at you to continue beating your face in and shield bash/pummel any hardcast you may try to put out, forcing you to do shit damage by fake casting and spamming 2k damage on 3k resilience target fel flames.

Moonkin? Go to town on him as well. Ele shaman? LOL reflect the lavaburst and damage is shit after I stay on his ass 24/7 interrupting his casts. Shadow Priest/Lock DoT's? NP cleanse spam on me, Unstable Affliction is now only 4 secs and not cleansing the dots does more damage than cleansing them and getting hit at most for 20k when warriors are critting people with instant casts for 30k, and those Overpowers are only going to hit even harder come next patch.

And then comes the frost mage, the only class who isn't piss easy to train 24/7 (even though they still get trained 24/7 because cleansing roots/snare spam and sitting on the mage reduces his damage and control to shit since the mage's got no DoT's and the healer is spam dispelling the mage's absorb shields) as the other casters and suddenly melee have someone to cry about. Because that's just what melee want, full 100% facetime despite the fact that the game has more spell lockouts than ever and caster burst is utter shit compared to the burst warriors and DoK's are putting out, or the survivability/control of rogues.

"Wizardcleaves" were only viable with shadowpriests for the dispel, but now that's getting nerfed so the only remaining successful comps for a caster are melee+caster comps. Melee? Oh, not them, they can still run their melee cleaves all dandy and be happy just tunneling casters because they can and it's effective. No switching targets or clever CC, just sheer sitting on the warlock for the whole match till his healers run out of cooldowns and can't overcome the absurd burst of the DK and his warrior shitting on one target.

alexriehl

Postby alexriehl » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:09 am UTC

Lucrece wrote:...And then comes the frost mage, the only class who isn't piss easy to train 24/7...

Which is why I stick with fire mages. :twisted:
AMA about suitcases
Spoiler:

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 am UTC

Lucrece wrote:
Menacing Spike wrote:

*true things*

I agree with you. There was a huge problem: with the amount of silence, stuns, the interreupt, and spell reflect, prot war was overpowered against any caster but frost mage (frost mage got mirror images, blink, nova, and all that shit). Seeing a non frost mage/warlock/boomkin/etc was just "hey free HK".
After removing the gag order silence, shield bash, and nerfing SR to hell, hey fixed the problem but made them even worse against frost.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 am UTC

They didn't fix anything. Warriors come 4.1 will still be stupid as hell, at least Arms and Fury. Prot was admitted by the devs to be relegated to battlegrounds mainly and they have expressed they don't plan to invest too much resources on getting it arena-viable.

Frost mage needs mitigation instead of avoidance (part of the reason they need all that avoidance is that they don't have the mitigation of shadow priests and warlocks), and melee in general need a hefty nerf in gap closers and interrupts.

This game has devolved to a state where casters have OP instant cast damage because there's so many ways to shut down casts in general. They need to nerf melee uptime on casters so that casts can have a place in the game again, and it's not like casters are globaling people like they did in WotLK. Warriors, on the other hand, are easily globalling people still.

Or if they don't want to nerf uptime they'll have to find a way of making casters able to get off casts while in melee possible. Right now casting a 2.2 sec shadowbolt on a melee just strafing through you even if you're not interrupted is a frustrating effort.

Give warriors better group utility, nerf the damage. I've always thought commands and shouts could be expanded upon for that nice utility. Not mere passive buffs, but short term temporary auras like reduced damage to the team or increased speed or increased resistance % chance, etc.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

Lucrece wrote:Give warriors better group utility, nerf the damage. I've always thought commands and shouts could be expanded upon for that nice utility. Not mere passive buffs, but short term temporary auras like reduced damage to the team or increased speed or increased resistance % chance, etc.

...that's exactly what they're doing.
uhhhh fuck.

ImTestingSleeping

Postby ImTestingSleeping » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 pm UTC

You've all heard it before. Expecting a game which has always been founded on PvE to provide balanced PvP is the path on which madness lies. The more abilities they add to keep us happy, the more difficult it becomes to find the balance.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:34 am UTC

Midnight wrote:
Lucrece wrote:Give warriors better group utility, nerf the damage. I've always thought commands and shouts could be expanded upon for that nice utility. Not mere passive buffs, but short term temporary auras like reduced damage to the team or increased speed or increased resistance % chance, etc.

Throwdown? That's the only new utility they got and in turn the damage is getting buffed even further next patch.

But, yeah, the poster above me is correct. PvP will never be properly done because it is a system designed around INCRESING time to kill while the classes themselves are designed thanks to PvE to REDUCE the time to kill (so the boss dies faster).

Kag

Postby Kag » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:00 am UTC

CS Nerf is pretty major.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:31 pm UTC

Lucrece wrote:
Midnight wrote:

Throwdown? That's the only new utility they got and in turn the damage is getting buffed even further next patch.

But, yeah, the poster above me is correct. PvP will never be properly done because it is a system designed around INCRESING time to kill while the classes themselves are designed thanks to PvE to REDUCE the time to kill (so the boss dies faster).

I thought it was a reference to the upcoming change to give warriors an ability that applies a minor version of last stand to raid/party. It's at least setting a precedent for those types of temporary auras, though who knows where it'll go for balance issues. I'm still not quite sure why druids got stampeding roar.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:08 pm UTC

So, didn't play in a few months.
Is the PVP / amount of grinding any better?

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:09 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:So, didn't play in a few months.
Is the PVP / amount of grinding any better?

as much as I enjoy that image, I believe spells can only be pushed back 1 second these days.
uhhhh fuck.

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:49 am UTC

Replace that warlock with a disco priest, resto drood, resto shaman or healadin. Replace the two rogues with about ten dps of any class/gear level. Heck, make it an entire raid of game-savvy maestros with full Vicious gladiator gear, 4k resilience, who don't need the noob elf in the corner to remind them to kill the healers. Replace the fear cast at the bottom [which as pointed out, like all spells gets at worst 1 sec of cumulative pushbacks now] with hilarious amounts of healing getting off successfully, whether by instant casts, casts themselves, damage absorption shields, enough talent procs and buffs you can wave a battlecruiser at, disproportionately long cooldowns on the opponents' silences/stuns/interrupts, rather undrainable mana pools, the 'mortal strike' debuff sitting at 10% reduction rather than 50, gamesmanlike flinging of The Pee Vee Pee Trinket, the tragic demise of 'burst', offensive dispels getting serious hurt levelled against them, and then maybe add a duplicate of the above-listed class just offstage right doing the same procedure at the target keeping it up.

And that's how this hunter sees 85 PvP. A load of pocket healers running around, who just won't die, and will cackle as they melee you to death with their maces of +70 spirit.

Coupled with their best friends in arms warriors & frost mages.

I believe the spell the former get the most fun with is 'colossus smash'. Couple that with their 50yd range charges and intercepts on minimal cooldowns, attached stun procs, their new mobility in the crossbreed of shadowstep/disengage/blink, and the most intimidating two-hander they can find.

For the latter, their water elemental pet on constant summon provides 20% their dps, another 20% from their inevitable and constant mirror images, no longer the one-shot-burstable mere-annoyances they were in wrath, no, these fools require dedication to be rid off and pack almost the health pool of their commander! This menagerie of hangers on gets all the frostbolting of the master, along with 50yd range remote frost novas macro'd to a ice-block-the-enemy stunlock manoeuvre, whereupon the mage can dance at whatever range best counters the opponent, lancing with ice to their cold heart's content, before deciding that, hey, the foe might stand a chance when all the slows/roots/stuns are on cooldown, so best to just iceblock up and blink to invisibility and sprint away to the pocket healer (see above) waiting with open arms and hands to lay on something.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:For the latter, their water elemental pet on constant summon provides 20% their dps, another 20% from their inevitable and constant mirror images, no longer the one-shot-burstable mere-annoyances they were in wrath, no, these fools require dedication to be rid off and pack almost the health pool of their commander! This menagerie of hangers on gets all the frostbolting of the master, along with 50yd range remote frost novas macro'd to a ice-block-the-enemy stunlock manoeuvre, whereupon the mage can dance at whatever range best counters the opponent, lancing with ice to their cold heart's content, before deciding that, hey, the foe might stand a chance when all the slows/roots/stuns are on cooldown, so best to just iceblock up and blink to invisibility and sprint away to the pocket healer (see above) waiting with open arms and hands to lay on something.

Relevant.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun May 01, 2011 11:37 pm UTC

Is the worst caretaker ever. Told me to show an orphan a fun time.
Desires a visit to Stormrage first. Will not be a problem. Is on a first-name basis with Malfie.
Wishes to see Magni next, who is encased in diamond. Seems a little odd, but okay.

Then the chopper ride. Did my Mind Control belt backfire or something? Drove to the front lines of a battle, made sketchy jumps around a large, dangerous-looking crater, and then decided to just end it by driving directly into the giant tornado (whirling around in said crater). Got slimed because of my reckless driving too. Had to buy ice cream, a kite, and a foam sword rack to make him forget the traumatic experience.

Please do not press charges, Orphan Matron.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm UTC

Here, have this rat.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Wed May 04, 2011 8:05 pm UTC

I hate heroic Conclave.

That is all.

SamaraLexx

Postby SamaraLexx » Wed May 04, 2011 8:43 pm UTC

I've never been so hopelessly addicted to a game. My friends actually tried to keep me from ever playing it because they knew how badly I would get sucked in. I'm such a sucker for games where you level.

I want to try tanking or healing but I'm terrified of getting yelled at in dungeons. Once, I accidentally hit "need" on something, and got so scared of what people were going to say that I immediately turned off the computer...and then ran into the other room to hide.

I have issues.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 pm UTC

SamaraLexx wrote:I've never been so hopelessly addicted to a game. My friends actually tried to keep me from ever playing it because they knew how badly I would get sucked in. I'm such a sucker for games where you level.

I want to try tanking or healing but I'm terrified of getting yelled at in dungeons. Once, I accidentally hit "need" on something, and got so scared of what people were going to say that I immediately turned off the computer...and then ran into the other room to hide.

I have issues.

You could, you know, have given the item to them.
(or trolled them)

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Thu May 05, 2011 12:35 am UTC

Quit for a month. I'm really burnt out on the concept of grind on MMO's and the game only allows you measly story progression if you happen to adhere to strict progression raiding.

Otherwise, no Sinestra, no fucking story developments. And even the raids annoy me to no end. I go and bash some NPC's brains or die constantly trying to do so for weeks just to gain a piece of gear. No real backstory on Halfus, or how the hell Nefarian got back to life and managed to create Blackwing Descent. Or who the hell Maloriak is -- why Sylvanas wasn;t there when Arthas was killed.

The questing experience is amazing. Then they ruin it with gear grinding. I mean, gaining gear by quests is tolerable. Doing the same quests and content over and over with no story development or quirky out-world progression akin to the leveling zones just burns you out. Everything in the fucking game is a spreadsheet or a need to set up proper UI. The UI thing really pisses me off, when you have to become technically profficient with outside programs to function well in the game or be able to compete.

The only thing to break monotony is, well, WARCRAFT. PvP, except for some reason they decided to keep storyline development out of PvP, so there's little immersion whatsoever. And then there's the fact that they apply PvE gear gating to PvP, which is a fucked up system that creates power gap and reduces a competitive environment by creating hierarchies of power that make progression by newcomers more painful as you have to PvP on your alts with zero, crappy blue pvp gear against fully arena geared opponents. It's beyond stupid.

This is why I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2. Cataclysm is beautiful, don't get me wrong. I appreciated the leveling up experience A LOT. But the endgame is just the same model of grinding the game's been having since BC and it just got damn too old for me. I come to MMO's for the cooperation, story, and flavor. Not to do the same shit over and over and have gear be the reason for doing stuff. And said gear is necessary to do further stuff thereafter.

I need an MMO where the storytelling gets its place back into the game instead of being backseat to grinding. And where PvP isn't a measure of who's spent more time playing the game lording over alts and newcomers. I like playing different toons and the blatant amount of grind designed to drag out subscription time and disguise lack of interactive content chaps my fucking ass.

They went and watered down NE's and pretty much any non-Orc/Human race into "Orcs, Humans, and Co.". NE's lost their entire cultural flavor, as did Tauren and so many other races. Raiding starts to ruin the game for me as everything clearly revolves around it a and the side-elements are just that, lesser and less iterated on aspects of the game. I've really grown to hate raiding.

SamaraLexx

Postby SamaraLexx » Thu May 05, 2011 2:00 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:You could, you know, have given the item to them.
(or trolled them)

Yes, that would have been the more rational thing to do, but I completely panicked.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 am UTC

May be able to build up some confidence if you are accompanied by a friend. Guided a tank friend of mine through the first run of many dungeons. Had never tanked some of them, but I had healed and blown stuff up in all of them. Knew most of what to avoid, where tanks take damage, and simply which direction to go. Made a few mistakes, but did well overall. Was still frightened to hit the button to enter his first random heroic dungeon. Does them confidently without my assistance now.

Warns you that some friends may not be perfect, however. May be worse if your friend has extensively played your class. Criticized nearly every gear choice he made. Was technically correct about minor upgrades, but he whined about them. Died to an exploding add (third boss of Grim Batol, for those in the know) and blamed my friend because “positioning the boss on a crack makes his adds spawn under people” or some such. Was a shameless lie, according to my experience and all accounts that I looked through. Even watched an add spawn underneath someone on attempt number two (positioned differently).
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu May 05, 2011 6:55 am UTC

SamaraLexx wrote:
Menacing Spike wrote:You could, you know, have given the item to them.
(or trolled them)

Yes, that would have been the more rational thing to do, but I completely panicked.

I've gone quite the opposite way. I roll need if I want it. Even if it's offspec. I say "fuck it, offspec".
If someone else needs it mainspec, I'll give it to them if I won the roll. But I'm tired of not rolling on things I want cause I'm confined to prot or fury. I like playing both, and I'm similarly geared with both.
uhhhh fuck.

Lostdreams

Postby Lostdreams » Thu May 05, 2011 12:49 pm UTC

The bonus of having a healer hybrid is that the gearset is the same for heals and DPS.

The story is pretty "ugh" lately and not likely to improve anytime soon.

Anyone else here on Shattered Hand?

Spoilered for ranting:
Spoiler:
Seriously though, I've been playing since release and after all the changes they made to WoW to make it casual friendly, it really is easy to do anything.

Heroic 5s are a joke, the group I run with decided that for the new ZG/ZA refits we would run them blind, just to have some fun. We wiped in ZG 6 times, once on the snake boss when the healer dced and 5 times on Jin 'do because we were working out the adds and shadow mortar mechanics. The only gear we have is 5s.

Raiding is only hard if you get stuck with people that can't follow directions. DPS is a joke. Don't stand in shit, pew pew when x does y, move when a does x, win. Healing and tanking alternate between easy and hard for different fights and the only hard tanking class is DKs because they have so many mitigation buttons to pick from.

They pretty much made money a non issue as there are so many places to farm for different kinds of useful or niche items. As long as you spend 10 mins a day at the auction house you can make a couple hundred gold on reselling alone, not to mention tradeskill cooldowns.

I only play for 20 mins or so most weekdays now after the change from daily to weekly bonuses with my major play time limited to weekends and I'm still running out of things to do.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
TrlstanC wrote:But, I'm still curious, did no one else ever learn about creationism in science class at some point, at least those who went to public school?

Sorry, we just learned science.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm UTC

Aside from money being easier, how is any of that different than ever before?

I played a mage in TBC. This was raiding:

Alar: Stand in the centre of the room and cast arcane blast 3 times then arcane missles, over and over. Dodge meteors.
Void Reaver: Stand on the side of the room and cast fireball over and over. Dodge orbs.
Solarian: Stack with raid, cast fireballs over and over. AoE when adds come. Move when you get charge.
Kael: Go to the living add, cast fireballs over and over. AoE weapons. Go back to casting fireballs. Dodge flamestrike.
Hydross: Cast fireballs over and over. Dodge nothing.
Lurker: Cast fireballs over and over. Dodge the slowest moving beam in history.
Leo: Cast fireballs over and over. Dodge whirlwind.
Morrogrim: Cast fireballs over and over, AoE murlocs. dodge nothing.
FLK: Cast fireballs over and over, dodge nothing
Vashj: Cast fireballs over and over, dodge poison
OH SWEET Tier 5 Bonus, game changing!
Rage Winterchill: Cast Arcane Blast over and over. Dodge D&D
Anetheron: Cast AB over and over, dodge nothing
Kazrogal: Cast AB over and over, dodge nothing
Azgalor: Cast AB over and over, dodge meteor or whatever it was called.
Archimonde: Cast AB over and over, dodge fire, click my tears
Najentus: Cast AB over and over, dodge nothing
Supremus: Cast AB over and over, dodge volcanos
Shade: Cast AB over and over, dodge nothing
Teron: Cast AB over and over, dodge nothing, maybe you get to play a minigame!
RoS: Oh me yarm, Cast AB over and over, and SPELLSTEAL!
Gurtogg: Oh me yarm, Cast AB over and over, move a little bit in a fixed rotation
Mother: Cast AB over and over, run apart when you get ported
Council: Cast AB over and over, hey, there's like 3 things to dodge here!
Illidan: Cast AB over and over, run out with parasites
Aw man, T5 is out of date, gogo T6, back to fireballs.
Kalecgos: Some actual coordinated movement, for the very first time!
Brutallus: Whelp, so much for that, cast fireball over and over, go to tail with burn.
Felmyst: Cast fireball over and over, ooh dodge breath
Twins: Cast fireball over and over, run out with conflag
Muru: Cast fireball over and over, dodge nothing
KilJaeden: Cast fireball over and over, play with orbs

Return to “Gaming”