Heroes of the Storm (Moba Lite?)

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Biliboy

Heroes of the Storm (Moba Lite?)

Postby Biliboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 am UTC

So, I apparently got into the technical alpha (at least it showed up on my battle.net client, didn't get any emails). I've been playing occasionally for the last week or so.

I'll have to say it's fun. Blizz has taken the same approach here they went with in Hearthstone: that is, take a game, simplify it a bit, add some color, sprinkle with nostalgia, remove some negative elements, and bake in... I think I'm overstretching the metaphor here.

What it isn't is Dota2 or LoL, it borrows heavily from them, and probably other mobas I haven't played, but doesn't try to be them. They've taken out last hits, and like with Hearthstone, chatting with your opponents. Team chat is still a thing, it pretty much has to be in a game like this, but I haven't yet run into some of the more egregious chat abuse that's common in other mobas. That's probably because there's always something going on, there's very little downtime in this game.

I love that snowballing is much less of a thing. While one team can get 2-3 levels ahead, and that definately makes them stronger, it doesn't mean game over. Good teamwork, focus fire and/or objectives can turn the game around. Instead of an item shop and buying gear, you can choose from up to 4 different 'talents' every 3-4 levels that affect your abilities or add new ones in some way, and can choose from two ultimates at level 7, usually with quite different mechanics.

A few of the champs seem to be experiments in champ design that really change up the 'meta' of moba champs. Fer'instance, Murky is probably originally inspired by Fizz from LoL, but went in a really strange direction. He's got about 1/4 the health of any other hero, but can place an egg nearby (in bushes most likely) that let him resurrect much faster than other champs. He's got that annoying 'invulnerable movement ability' from fizz, and can jump into an enemy team, slime them all, bubble out, and repeat a few seconds later. One of his ultimate abilities is to summon a wave of baby murlocs that munch on the ankles of anything they come across.

The game modes are interesting, with objectives that give pretty large advantages, giving even more focus to teamfighting.

It seems to be pretty solid for an alpha (which is ending in a few weeks apparently, almost ready for beta). I haven't run into any real bugs, although it is annoying to have the fairly dumb ai take over if you disconnect, rather than your hero retreat, as in LoL.

PolakoVoador

Re: Heroes of the Storm (Moba Lite?)

Postby PolakoVoador » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:34 pm UTC

Sounds something I might enjoy. While I never really liked Dota and LoL, since I find them slow paced for my taste, I absolutely love Awesomenauts, which is a much simpler MOBA, where you choose between some abilities every few levels, and there is little chat activity since there is always something going on. :P

Have you played Awesomenauts, and if so, can you compare it to Heroes of the Storm? Is there an open beta on the way?

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 pm UTC

I haven't played awesomenauts, but there is much less time to chat because of activity, yes. There's no jungler spending 10-15 seconds on a camp with time to look at bot and type rude comments while he does it, or time while walking back to lane after dying. The maps actually remind me of a slightly larger twisted treeline map, perhaps dominion in size, but with the movement speed of mounts making the downtime from movement much smaller.

There's very little returning to fountain for health/mana because of the mini-fountains at each fort. There's a 60 second cooldown, that plus the regular regen/lifesteal/supports means you can get back into a fight fairly quickly even if you barely made it through the gate with 50 health.

I played a game with a quite unique champion on each team. He's a zerg named Abathur who never actually gets into combat himself. He's got only two abilities, plus his ultimate, one that lays up to three mines, and another that targets an allied champion. A targeted champion gets a hovering zergy thing over their head, and he gains abilities based on that champion, a shield, an aoe spike thing, and a damaging skillshot. He passively spawns extra minions for the nearest lane. His ultimate can be a game changer, he clones an allied champion, and plays as that champion for about 60 seconds. A cloned Nova (high single target burst damage) can pretty much kill even tanks in one combo, or perhaps you want two Diablos breathing fire on All the things.

Near the end of the game, our stealth assassin protoss guy, Zeratul, snuck up the lane he saw minions coming down, got behind the towers and found their Abathur camped, once there, ours cloned him and they obliterated the enemy Abathur in about 2 seconds, and then took down a few towers before sneaking out.

As far as I know, the beta is very near, within a few weeks, but I don't know when they will open it to the public.

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:59 pm UTC

Sounds very interesting. It seems this game allows for truly support champions better than most MOBAs. I'll keep an eye open and try to catch an open beta

faranim

Postby faranim » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

You can sign up as a beta participant by logging into the battle.net web site. You need to check a box that you are interested in being a beta tester (along with the options for Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo betas).

Not sure if there is any kind of announcement on when the actual beta will begin.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:38 am UTC

Official announcement of closed beta starting January 13, 2015.

Also announcement of their new fps/team fortress style game called Overwatch. The cinematic for it is great.

Tabish khan

Postby Tabish khan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:47 am UTC

Awesome game i just loved it.

Lucrece

Postby Lucrece » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:19 am UTC

It will have abusive chat. I have encountered hints of it already.

Any pvp game will quickly turn toxic as the community ages and there is an expectation of skill before joining a match. It's the nature of competition, it's no different from team sports where you have this veneer of sportsmanship but all that quickly comes tumbling down as soon as you introduce financial/social perks with winning and withholding those perks when losing.
Belial wrote:That's charming, Nancy, but all I hear when you talk is a bunch of yippy dog sounds.

Zcorp

Postby Zcorp » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:52 pm UTC

Lucrece wrote:It will have abusive chat. I have encountered hints of it already.

Any pvp game will quickly turn toxic as the community ages and there is an expectation of skill before joining a match. It's the nature of competition, it's no different from team sports where you have this veneer of sportsmanship but all that quickly comes tumbling down as soon as you introduce financial/social perks with winning and withholding those perks when losing.

Expectation of skill isn't where most of the frustration comes from when people are being 'toxic.' While there is some of that, and certainly some people with low skill that expect cooperation from teammates when they make foolish decisions, most of the frustration comes from lack of cooperation and inability to efficiently communicate.

Few games are as intense as ARTS/MOBAs. There is very little down time while playing, players need to be thinking about ally position, enemy position, cooldowns, amount of money they need to purchase their next item as well as anything specific for their role, not to mention being just a second off of a fight can result in your team losing the fight or depending on that fight the game. There is little time to inform or debate people in game in a meaningful way. Yet a lot of information to share and lots of discussions on strategy and tactics that can't happen. Due to this communication is often quite direct and short, which on top of the aforementioned difficulties many people perceive as rude. Add in public match making where few people are going to play against and with the same people frequently and...

So while competitive games do bring out the competitive side of things, that's not the primary reason the community around ARTS/MOBAs are so hostile.

Biliboy

Postby Biliboy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:10 pm UTC

I haven't been able to play League in a couple months, due to broken patcher and an unwillingness to completely reinstall, but from what I remember, the League chat is quite a bit worse than Heroes. Most of that is probably due to having access to the enemy team, which is almost pointless from a social perspective. The number of times I saw a positive communication across teams in League was quite small compared to the number of abusive or toxic conversations. Also, League has more 'downtime', even though it's a fast game, there's still junglers walking from camp to camp, people coming back to lane or spending time dead, and supports with time on their hands.

Heroes games are just faster, there's a pretty good system of pings for communication (shift-click a tower or merc camp and everyone hears your champ ask for help taking that objective, as well as 'I'm coming' and "run away" type pings), and death timers and travel times are shorter. I still see people raging sometimes, but since the chat fades after a few seconds even that is ignorable. I haven't figured out if you can bring up the chat log in game yet, but it hasn't been important enough to really try.

One other thing I like is how the game deals with disconnects. Your champion is taken over by the AI, which while quite dumb, will do things like help with mercs or clear minion waves, and your teammates can shift-click ai bots and have them follow. That plus the lack of items to buy makes an AI at least useful in a teamfight, rather than being completely absent sitting in base like a League afk.

I'm getting access to fiber internet by the end of the year, and I'd love to go back to League and see how well my teamfight has improved since playing Heroes. My last hitting might have degraded a bit, but teamfight awareness has gotten a lot of practice.

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:19 pm UTC

Got into the beta last week, and I'm loving the game. My problem with DOTA and League (besides the toxic community) was that the matches felt so slooooow. Heroes' objectives make the game go faster and rewards smart and fast team play, which the pings Biliboy cited help a lot.

The team leveling up as one is another great thing about this game. You don't need to be last hitting or dealing a ton of damage to the enemies, but focusing in stuns/roots/silences or general support and be granted the same amount of XP.

Btw, Biliboy, I see you changed your mind about the AI:

Biliboy wrote:although it is annoying to have the fairly dumb ai take over if you disconnect, rather than your hero retreat, as in LoL.

Biliboy wrote:One other thing I like is how the game deals with disconnects. Your champion is taken over by the AI, which while quite dumb, will do things like help with mercs or clear minion waves, and your teammates can shift-click ai bots and have them follow. That plus the lack of items to buy makes an AI at least useful in a teamfight, rather than being completely absent sitting in base like a League afk.

Just out of curiosity: did the AI improve a lot since the alpha? Or you just changed your opinion after lots of matches?

sardia

Postby sardia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:13 pm UTC

What's wrong with playing DOTA2? What do you mean feels slow? Do you feel like you're sitting in lane too long? Don't gank enough? What role are you playing that you feel isn't making progress? Maybe a 4 protect 1 carry as he farms?

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:15 pm UTC

sardia wrote:What's wrong with playing DOTA2? What do you mean feels slow? Do you feel like you're sitting in lane too long? Don't gank enough? What role are you playing that you feel isn't making progress? Maybe a 4 protect 1 carry as he farms?

Heroes of the Storm matches usually last about 20minutes (or less), going up to a little over 30 minutes when they are really close. DOTA2 matches can go on for over 1 hour... The objectives in Heroes also force team fights to happen very often once the teams get past level 10. To answer your questions, it's not "feel isn't making progress" as in "I'm not being useful", but "I feel this matches is a slow grind, and the only thing my team says to me is how stupid I'm am from buying such and such items"

The "slow grind" is, of course, a matter of taste, and the more dynamic and fast paced Heores of the Storm suits me better than League or DOTA2.

swirusek

Postby swirusek » Fri May 01, 2015 12:53 pm UTC

for me, HotS have to little heroes and to much team fights. If you lose one of your team you will lose.

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Fri May 15, 2015 2:30 pm UTC

Nah, you can always bring it back unless you have to fight over objectives with a significant level disadvantage.

Especially at the moments when one team gets their ults first, level 10 and 20 are turning points if you're forced to fight for objectives.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Fri May 15, 2015 5:22 pm UTC

swirusek wrote:for me, HotS have to little heroes and to much team fights. If you lose one of your team you will lose.

Not always, there are a lot of crazy team fights where 7 or 8 out of the 10 heroes will end up dead. I will always depend on which heroes are on each team, who was the first heroe to die, etc.

The number of heroes is increasing. Just last week (or was it this week?), a new hero was launched with the patch and another one was announced. Give it some time :) Still in beta, I'm sure lot's of heroes are still on the way.

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm UTC

If anyone is interested, the game is on open beta as of today.

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:43 am UTC

So they have a promo where if we recruit 4 people to level 10, you get a vulture hoverbike.

Click here. ;)

Most people are just creating smurf accounts and leveling up to level 10.

... one level 10 smurf down, 3 to go. You do get a free raynor and a free sylvanas if you get to level 10 out of clicking the friend thing.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:33 am UTC

I heard some of the old high elo Dominion players from LoL are playing this game, and having tried it myself a little, I can see why. It's pretty fun.

I thought I'd dislike it based on the art style, but so far it hasn't bothered me. Only thing that does bother me is camera zoom, and how stuff feels so crowded, but I think I can get used to it.
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Quercus wrote:Agreed, but "constitutional fetishism" doesn't have that lovely alliteration between fetishism, first and fucking
rath358 wrote:I have been replaced D:

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:09 pm UTC

Weeks wrote:I heard some of the old high elo Dominion players from LoL are playing this game, and having tried it myself a little, I can see why. It's pretty fun.

I thought I'd dislike it based on the art style, but so far it hasn't bothered me. Only thing that does bother me is camera zoom, and how stuff feels so crowded, but I think I can get used to it.

It's pretty much the only moba I play. Probably because I'd like to like mobas, but I can't. And I don't have to worry about item builds. And I can just play against bots, which really cuts down on the negativity. I think I'd only want to play against other humans with a group of people who sucked as reasonably as I did and could just have fun with it.

Koa

Postby Koa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:15 pm UTC

My Sylvanas just hit level 10 and I feel like I'm finally half decent with her. I made a highlight/skill/montage/whatever video of my mechanics. Would you kindly hav' a gander? It's even complete with possibly obnoxious music.

I also made a short Diablo video a while back.

Yubtzock

Postby Yubtzock » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:01 pm UTC

Sweet vid. I'm freshly lvl9 sylv, but since I've never dedicated myself into playing her for a longer stretch of time, I've never built up such confidence in banshejumps. Nevertheless, Windrunner + blink talent picks everytime <3

There are important points in recent patch notes that drive me crazy and I know will be annoying:

30% mount speed (from 40%) and 6sec healthballs despawn (down from 8)

What I absolutely hate about the recent changes is the fact that they are reworking characters completely without including old builds for those heroes.
I mean: I am happy that they are confident enough to change things, I am happy that they are making other build options viable, but by removing old builds they kinda remove some heroes completely from the game.
I like the new Zagara, but the old Zagara - if I wanted to play her I just can't. Sure only one build was viable with an alternative one that worked on some maps, but I really liked those playstyles.
New butcher is different beast. They even removed the charge build that let me actually surprise people.
New Muradin, that while haven't gotten really changed that much (how much can you change a walking healthpool) he lost his unique build that "not many people used) where I could just regen both health and mana in lane. There were games where I wouldn't need to hearth back or tap every well every time cause I just regen'd.
New Valla is probably the biggest slap in the face for new players. She remains marked as "easy" and they reworked her where you need to keep an eye out on her stacks or they perish every 6sec now! and she's 2k gold so ppl will be picking her and wondering how is it that her output is so low when they don't keep attacking....

Drumheller769

Postby Drumheller769 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:03 pm UTC

I just wish they had a US east server so I could play this game without lag!
The Great Hippo wrote:Arguing with the internet is a lot like arguing with a bullet. The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.

Koa

Postby Koa » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:10 am UTC

The video is kind of a celebration of my progress because I play the game casually. It's the only moba I've played. I don't watch anything or read patch notes. When I was skipping around heroes to see if there was anything that appealed to me, I found that Sylvanas did in a big way and she was my first hero buy. I immediately felt all the potential she had. Except I also found that she was too advanced of a character for me. I went back to hero jumping + Diablo for a long while. I would go back to her now and then and got her to level 9. At that point she was a hero that I understood but knew that I still couldn't properly apply.

A couple of weeks ago I started playing Sylvanas every game. It felt like I was scaling a cliff and the slope was gradually evening out to the point where I could start walking. It was hugely motivating to keep playing. All of the major improvements I made were throughout level 9, and the clips in the video are all from the tail end of level 9 when I was finally getting the hang of it.

The video also showed me subtle mistakes that I'm still making. I need to throw more prep haunting waves for instance.

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

Postby Ixtellor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:56 pm UTC

1) Koa your a god. Switch to League or Dota.

2) HoTS is inferior to the other games. I tried it for a while but the fact there aren't items drastically reduce the complexity of
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:56 am UTC

Ixtellor wrote:2) HoTS is inferior to the other games. I tried it for a while but the fact there aren't items drastically reduce the complexity of

For some (me at least), that's a significant advantage. It's much easier to pick up and play and games are shorter.
Yes, there are fewer subtleties (no last hitting, experience is shared across the whole team, no items, etc), but I believe all of these hurt the game far less than the fact LoL merely exists.

Also, Sylvanas is probably my favourite hero, and I'm a trashy Silver-1 player. A little underwhelming in team fights, but she has great mobility with Haunting Wave so you can secure kills if you're brave, and is amazing in pushes with her trait.

Yakk

Postby Yakk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:16 pm UTC

LoL's items, back when I played it, mostly reduced heros to being platforms to deliver your item bonuses (except supports).

ADC is about the quadratic (critical, damage, haste (well, quintic with crit chance and damage)) item bonuses. Your "character kit" was how well you could deliver it (did you have a haste bonus so you could push the curve up?) and survive-to-that-point.

The entire system looks like what happens when someone threw together some half-assed lane mod of a RTS with heros, found easy hooks for an XP and Gold system (last hit), thought what items could do to boost your character (damage, armor, HP, critical hit chance and damage, attack speed).

Players spotted the quad/quit delivery of attack damage, the carry developed (geared a certain way, a character became godly), and the game balanced around the pile of shit that was a bunch of random design decisions. Random-ass meta developed, balance shaped itself around it.

I get that random-ass crap that people warp their gameplay around that is sufficiently complex and non-linear makes for a "deep" play experience, and that learning quirky skills (like last hit) is a learning curve and having to do these things ups the cognitive/attention load of playing and increases the "skill depth" of the game.

But it doesn't make a game *good* to me.

The heros in HOTS *play extremely differently* from each other, far more so than (my experience with) LoL heros did. Instead of a menu of items, most of which are traps, you get a set of talents to pick up. The talents (on well crafted HOTS heros) are often unique and generate multiple different playstyles that respond to enemy talent and hero picks differently.

Plus, the larger number of maps, the resulting variety of objectives, aren't to be ignored.

Maybe Ancients is better that way than LoL, or LoL has improved, or there is a phase change in LoL above the level of my skill when I played.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Koa

Postby Koa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:25 pm UTC

There are times when I have been laning in Heroes and asked myself, "Do I like last hit?" I have only played a couple hours of League and haven't really thought about it, but laning in Heroes is so very boring. Even a lane specific hero with a lane specific build is dull. As much as it appears to be a bug-turned-mechanic and therefore bad design, last hit is surely more interesting in the long run. Missing a last hit sucks, hitting a last hit feels good, and there are times when you're internally judging the correct time to score the last hit. Much more interesting than A-move and mash your abilities to clear the wave. The only time I haven't facerolled to clear a wave in Heroes is because it was on the Spiiiiiidersss map and I wanted to lure the gems closer to the safety of our towers (I could kill them at range but would expose myself to pick them up). Much strategy, wow.

The maps are also very small, which also makes pushing a lane far less meaningful. You can't let the enemy push your wave so that your jungler can come in and sweep. Waves in Heroes are boring exp pinatas in comparison to the other games. Would anyone disagree with that?

Then Dota 2 has the whole turn speed thing. That one appears as an unnecessary limitation. Limitations are fun for serious players because they want additional challenge, more nuance in the systems and more opportunities to exploit those systems. For certain casual players it can be hard just to get over the nature of the limitation. It's like the limitation has to make sense to them, they have to agree with it before they'll decide that it's good, and until then it's bad. People will psyche themselves out of enjoying a game because of a perception or first impression. They've decided whether they like a mechanic based upon how the idea sounds to them rather than how it plays, and so they're unwilling to learn how it plays. An extension of the scrub mentality, the ultrascrub.

Well, that's how it reads to me anyway.

Heroes does really well with first impressions and casual play. Blizzard continues to do well to cater to casuals in the best ways, even if it means pushing away competitive players. Small map so that things are always visually interesting, but then there has to be less meaningful map control. Oh well, competitive players are a minority anyway. I feel like if I were to get serious with it I would be dissatisfied with the general lack of depth. But I'm someone who doesn't much like the genre. Heroes is like refined sugar to me, very good but not much nutrition. It's the only point where I and moba intersect. Knowing most of the characters is a big plus too. Urgotwhat?

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:43 pm UTC

Did you know League has more than 130 champions? Gotta catch 'em all!
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Quercus wrote:Agreed, but "constitutional fetishism" doesn't have that lovely alliteration between fetishism, first and fucking

sardia

Postby sardia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:11 am UTC

Weeks wrote:Did you know League has more than 130 champions? Gotta catch 'em all!

Come play DotA, get all the heroes right away. I promise you'll only see sexists racial epithets only twice a day.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:30 pm UTC

Started actually playing this lately and doing dailies (AI vs AI is nice, no pressure). I do like it a lot, a MOBA for people like me that don't like the excessive complexity of other MOBAs.

Also took me far too long to realize the "Diablo" daily didn't meant I literally have to play as Diablo.

Yakk

Postby Yakk » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:01 pm UTC

Eventually even elite AI gets zzz.

Note that elite AI isn't "worse" than the worst human players, but it is very different. They have horrible tactics and hair-trigger reflexes.

I don't find having humans on my team vs AI as stressful, at least once you can 1 v 5 elite AI. ;)

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:36 pm UTC

I often play against the AI to power through the daily quest rewards (much shorter queue times, and usually quite short games).
I've found games against Veteran AI are often much harder than Elite AI, because the human players you get matched with are often much worse. People also play very risky against the AI (or are just very impatient).

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:46 pm UTC

I hadn't even bumped the AI the way up to elite quite yet, probably should, but I was trying to get a feel for some of the other heros first.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:05 am UTC

Elite might punish really bad decisions a little more - the AI tends to like grouping up a lot and pushing with mercs. It's not uncommon for three to rotate to defend against one person that's pushed too deep.
But if your team soaks experience from all three lanes (the AI frequently doesn't past the very early game) and don't fight when outnumbered (the AI is generally bad at fighting), you'll crush them. The major ways you die are pushing too deep too early (usually hanging around keeps/core after a big push) or fighting for objectives outnumbered (initiating fights whilst someone's dead, or still rotating from a far away lane).

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:11 am UTC

There's absolutely zero shame in not wanting to play against Elite AI, btw.
Am I gregnant

Yakk

Postby Yakk » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:37 am UTC

If you want to know a funny exploit, hammer at a non-traditional location is ignored by the AI when she knocks down forts.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:56 pm UTC

I like Zarya a lot, she's just like in Overwatch. :D

Also, the Nexus challenge like doubled the number of available heroes I have, so that's nice.

Yakk

Postby Yakk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:45 pm UTC

Which build is like overwatch?

The gernader build seems very different than other builds I've used.

Gernader gets infinite gernades at 20, refreshing as fast as they are thrown (4 gernades, every 4 seconds all refresh, 1 second cool down per gernade). Sadly, less DPS than your basic attack (except in the center), but much better range. And if you can figure out how to max your energy, your damage is decent.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 pm UTC

I guess I was playing grenadier? I'm probably just too easily amused that they mostly copy-pasted her basic kit from OW then gave it levels and some specialized options.

Return to “Gaming”